Getting to know you thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 124 Old 05-22-2009, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I'm Becca (36). DH (40 in a few days) and I have been married almost 3 years, but together for almost 12. This will be kiddo #1 after TTC for about a year, and one early m/c in Dec. I had just finished making all the appts with an RE, scheduling an HSG, and even filling a Femara prescription when I got this BFP. Whew! Needless to say, I am so excited for this little babe!

I have a grad degree in book history, and I do some buying and selling of rare/collectible books, but recently I've been spending most of my time working on renovating 2 old houses; one of which we live in, the other is next door. I suppose I'll need to cut out the paint stripping, etc, for a while though! I'm also afraid that I may not get to satisfy any intense nesting instincts later on - our house(s) are pretty chaotic right now and we'll just have to make do with the spaces that are finished.

We live in Portland, which is an absolute mecca of birth choices - to the point of overwhelming! I'm really trying to filter out all the noise from all the different birthing/parenting philosophies and "camps", and make the best choices for us. Easier said than done sometimes. At the moment, I'm hoping for as natural a birth as possible, using a midwife group affiliated with a hospital birthing center - unless my age and some other factors make me slightly higher risk. We'll see...
Anyway, I'm thrilled to meet you all and to hear your stories as we continue.

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#62 of 124 Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 PM

Hi I'm Mary. I live in the North Texas area and have two boys, 8 & 2. I've been married to my husband since 1994 & we started dating in 1987. Yes, that makes me an "advanced maternal age" mom...I'm 38 This baby was also not planned, but very much wanted. We planned our other babies.

I have been an active doula for 6 years, finishing my childbirth education certification this summer, starting my postpartum doula training/certification in June, and teach preschool part time at a cooperative preschool in my town.

With our first birth, we had a 43 hour labor & a hospital birth. With our second pregnancy, it ended at 14 weeks & I miscarried by induction at week 17, our third pregnancy was great...25 hour home birth & this baby will be another home birth

Nice to "meet" everyone!
Mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#63 of 124 Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 PM

Hi everyone!!

My dh and I have been married for 5 years and this baby will be our third. I have a ds born in 2005 an a dd born in 2008. I am a SAHM. I'm really surprised to be in this DDC because it was our first month trying and well, with a busy schedule and two small kids, lets just say that we didn't try very hard. But this makes three kids out of three that were conceived on the first try! So weird!

I don't really get to do much outside of cooking, cleaning, gardening, and taking care of the kids so I don't have a lot to say. I can't believe I am adding another winter holiday baby to the mix! Ds was born the day after Thanksgiving and dd's birthday is in January. And now this bug's birthday will be in January as well.

I have had a hospital birth (ds) and a homebirth (dd), a surprise baby (ds) and a know-the-sex-ahead-of-time-baby (dd). I think this time we are going to do a hospital birth, and another surprise. It was very exciting the moment he was born when everyone erupted, "It's a boy!"

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#64 of 124 Old 05-23-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillitu View Post
yay carmen! i was hoping to see another queer mama on here! while my partner is male, we have an (ahem) interesting relationship, as we are both bi and poly (have loving relationships with other people).
Hi! Another bi/theoretically poly mama here. So nice to meet all of you. This baby was not planned but we are very excited about it and are looking forward to meeting him or her very much. I have an older boy who will be 6 in a week so this seems brand new to me again. I am also in a much different place than I was in my last pregnancy.

My Dh and I have been married for about a year and a half (still newlyweds) and this is my DH's first. So we are building our tribe with lots of love and affection.

We will have a hospital birth due to complications but I will be babywearing and cloth diapering for the first time. I am so excited. :

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#65 of 124 Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
Hi! Another bi/poly mama here. So nice to meet all of you.
yay! i am glad that i am not alone.

my pregnancy continues into its 5th week, like clockwork. i didn't put down what we are hoping to do in terms of parenting, so here goes.

we are into attachment parenting, and hope that we can swing it. we are constantly hustling for money these days and hope we can both have lots of time with baby, as we have no savings.

we wanna get get a cosleeper crib, breastfeed (and a few weeks in, have BD do bottle feedings in addition to the boob so he can be involved as much as possible round the clock), use cloth diapers, and babywear )both of us!

i am skeptical of vaccinations and if we have a boy (which i don't think we will, but it could happen) we will not circumcise (BD is not and neither of us believe in it).

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#66 of 124 Old 05-25-2009, 02:23 PM

I'm K. I'm 22 years old. I have a partner of six years, R. My DD is 2 years old. We're due with baby #2 on Jan 26. We've chosen the name Rowan. I had an unplanned UC with my first child. We're planning a homebirth this time around - maybe a UC, I'm not sure.

I'm a SAHP and I love it. Well, that's all for me.
#67 of 124 Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 PM

hey ladies.

i'm g wife to d. we have a 21 month old son that i carried. dp is pregnant with #2 due around january 17th.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#68 of 124 Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM

I'm Naomi - 32 years old, married to my hubby for 2 years, mom to 19 month old Nora. I was born at home, as were my two little brothers. I always thought I would be a midwife when I grew up, and still hope to be when my kids are a little older (so, in like 10 years!). I'm a doula and soon-to-be Birthworks childbirth educator (hopefully). We live in Cleveland with our two cats and dog.

Nora was born at home (after planning a hospital birth with CNM's and switching to our midwife at 34 weeks), which was an amazing experience. I can't imagine doing it any other way. We cloth diaper, co-sleep, baby wear, delay vaccines, use a combo of western and alternative medicines, and hope to tandem nurse once #2 comes along!

I'm due Jan. 25th or thereabouts. I was a week early with Nora, so who knows! I'm really happy to be here!

PT SAHM to DD1 10.23.07 and DD2 1.23.10 : both homebirth.jpg

#69 of 124 Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder View Post
We've chosen the name Rowan.
boigrrrlwonder! that's our boy name choice- Rowan Sebastian. if we have a girl, we have chosen Acacia Prudence. both first names are trees, very gender neutral and natural. we chose middle names that were more gendered, in case the baby IDs that way down the road...

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#70 of 124 Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 PM

I'm Marie. 31 yrs. old, married 11 years.

Expecting #6, 5 kids as follows:
DS, about to turn 11 in a week!
DS, 9
DD, 7
DD, 3
DD, 1

So...I'm going to be busy! :

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#71 of 124 Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Hi everyone! I didn't want to wait too long to join the ddc this time...I'm very happily pregnant after a loss in March. I'm not sure of my dates, so I'm really just enjoying every day that I'm growing this baby!

DH and I have been married 9 years and have a wonderful 5 year old son! I'll probably be repeating everything you already know....Natural birth, no circ, delayed/selective vax, cloth, whole foods etc

We are a military family, and while we have an incredible birth center in my area, I can't wrangle my insurance to cover it. I am going to do the same thing I did with my son, stay home as long as possble, have a clear birth plan for the hospital (same one) and bring in my wonderful doula!!

:

`Lorissa
Mama to ds 5, and a brand new Christmas Day baby 2009!
#72 of 124 Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 PM

I'm Samantha. I'm 25, married to Nick (25). We have four kids between us. I have three daughters (7, 4, 2) and Nick has one daughter who is also two. This is our first baby together and we're over the moon.

I'm a SAHM to my three and love it! We live in Iowa, but are both transplants. I am looking forward to a very bright spot in the midst of these miserable Iowa winters and am due near the end of January, a few days shy of what will be our first anniversary!

My first three births were hospital births. Abby (7) was a c/s and Macie and Brenna were VBAC's. We are planning our first homebirth with a wonderful midwife and I'm thrilled! Considering waterbirth. Very happy to be here with you ladies :

Samantha, Student, wife to my best friend (1.30.09) Mama to three beautiful daughters and and a handsome little son
#73 of 124 Old 05-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Hi everyone! My name is Angie(21 years old). DH is Bob(21), and pregnant with our 3rd baby(due 1/22/10). Meadow is 2, and Lily is 7 months.

DH is in the Army, and we are stationed in OK. We want to have another home birth, but it is going to be hard to get insurance to cover it. Lily was a home birth, and we had to pay out of pocket. We don't have that kind of money right now, so we can only do it now if Tricare will cover it.

We have a semi-AP parenting style. We cloth diaper, breastfeed, baby wear, and cosleep for while. If we have a boy(which DH thinks won't happen. lol) I don't think that we will circ. We haven't delayed vaccinations, but I really want to start.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#74 of 124 Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Hello,

I am a nurse turned professional supermom and organizer of our home. I have a 2.5 year old, a 9 month old, and just found out I am pregnant again on memorial day. Due date 1-24-10. I just realized it will be 2010-that is neat. I always panic when I find out I am pregnant. All the worries!!!!!!!!!!!! I worry about everything. Especially the baby. My husband says to just enjoy this one, and I think thats all there is to do. Hope to find some encouragement here, and sharing of our experiences.

Thanks

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#75 of 124 Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Angie(21 years old). DH is Bob(21), and pregnant with our 3rd baby(due 1/22/10). Meadow is 2, and Lily is 7 months.

DH is in the Army, and we are stationed in OK. We want to have another home birth, but it is going to be hard to get insurance to cover it. Lily was a home birth, and we had to pay out of pocket. We don't have that kind of money right now, so we can only do it now if Tricare will cover it.

We have a semi-AP parenting style. We cloth diaper, breastfeed, baby wear, and cosleep for while. If we have a boy(which DH thinks won't happen. lol) I don't think that we will circ. We haven't delayed vaccinations, but I really want to start.
You are almost in the exact situation as me! How are you feeling about three so close?

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#76 of 124 Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 PM

ok what to say
im 25, and been with my partner for 5 and half years, we are not married and have an intresting relationship, pleased to see im not the only bi. poly, person on here i dunno why but i presumed i would be.

have another partner who is also being supportive through this pregnancy

i don't have any children yet except of the furry kind
2 dogs and a cat
so this baby is our frist and we have been trying for a long time with one previous misscarrige, actually we where on waiting list for fertility treatment when this little miricle happened :

i live in sunny scotland,
which is a great place to live
and i am a support worker supporting adults with learning difficultys to live as independantly as possible,

guess thats about all i can think of to say

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#77 of 124 Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM

Hello Ladies! And Congratulations to you all! My name is Nickki, I am 22 and living in the uber-un-crunchy Rutherford County, NC. I have 1 son, Lil' B, who is 18 mo., and a DH Big B. We are excited to be traveling down this road again! We have been planning a more natural birth than the first, even before I found out that we were expecting again, then little tadpole surprised us!

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#78 of 124 Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 AM

Hey ladies, I guess its time I get around to posting on this thread!

My name is Megan and I am 23. DH is in the Air Force and we are stationed in Panama City Florida. We live in a VERY uncrunchy area, which was a total culture shock after our last station Monterey California. We have 1 dd Jocelyn who is 17 months. This baby was a TOTAL suprise for us. We werent planning on any more babies for a while because I am going back to school in the Fall, oh well! I was so suprised I took 4 pregnancy tests and even made DH pee on one to make sure they were working properly! We are planning a homebirth, hopefully assisted, if we can find a midwife we like.
#79 of 124 Old 05-29-2009, 03:42 AM

I haven't introduced myself yet! Ahem.

I'm Carolyn, married for almost 9 years to Dave, and parents to Lacy (almost 5) and Rose (3). Our dream is to live on a farm out in the country, and hopefully will do that soon. My sister, brother and I are all trying to convince our parents to buy a large piece of land that we can all live and farm on together. They're in Germany right now but are returning July 1, so hopefully we can be singing "E-I-E-I-O" by this time next year. We hope to have a stage somewhere on the farm for musical performances. We're all very musical in my family. Personally, I play piano and sing. I also hope to learn to play guitar, violin and the banjo someday. My DD1 will take violin this fall, so I'm hoping to find a full-sized violin to use along with her and learn it together.

I'm planning a birth center water birth this time, having already had a successful homebirth and an unsuccessful homebirth-turned-hospital birth. I'm planning on ECing from the start this time (didn't with DD1 and started at 7 weeks with DD2) using cloth diapers for backup, nursing for at least two years, and cosleeping, though I'm going to have to be a bit more rigid since DD1 is going to be involved in school and music this fall.

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
#80 of 124 Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 PM

Just joined the board today.

I'm Jenn. Hi. DH and I have been married almost 18 years. This child will be our 9th. We live in North Texas.

So many of the above replies were so eloquent and informative and here I am with so little to say...

Caefi
#81 of 124 Old 05-31-2009, 06:27 PM

Hello everyone - I am new to this board but not to the site. I will admit that finding out I was pregnant this time around was quite the shock because my dh went for a vasectomy at the beginning of May. We already have 8 children and felt that 8 was enough for us. All went well with the vasectomy unfortunately (or fortunately since we are happy now) it turns out that I conceived two days prior to the surgery. To say the least I was pretty darn shocked and had swore I would never have another baby because my last dd's birth was so unpleasant, but here I am again LOL

A little more about me - I am married to my high school sweetheart and together we have seven daughters and one son. They tend to keep us very busy and in addition to that I also work as a labor and postpartum doula, childbirth and new parent educator and massage therapist (all very part time jobs).
#82 of 124 Old 06-01-2009, 12:34 AM

Hi, I'm Grace, married to DH (Jeff) for 2 years in August.
We had our first baby Nigella, Nov/08, so she's six month old. I am, to say the least, NOT thrilled but I'm trying to be positive. My daughter is still exclusively breastfed and not a fan of solid food so I'm a bit worried about how this is going to go...

I had a period April 1st, but when I took a preg test May 14 it was negative, and then may 28 I took another and got my BFP.

We had a condom... uh, slip? Sure. We'll call it a slip. Anyway, that happened May 3 so I think that's our probable date of conception which would give me a due date of Jan 25 or something, I forget. Whoops.

I've got my name in with a midwifery clinic in town, and REALLY hope I get in- they always seem to have a wait list, even though I called and left a voicemail at 5 weeks 5 days. Here's hoping it works out!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hey!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#83 of 124 Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post
You are almost in the exact situation as me! How are you feeling about three so close?
I'm a little nervous! We weren't planning any for a few more years, so we are going to have to shuffle life plans around a bit now. My first two are 19 months apart, and that wasn't too hard. I just hope 16 months apart will be the same!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#84 of 124 Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
Hi, I'm Grace, married to DH (Jeff) for 2 years in August.
We had our first baby Nigella, Nov/08, so she's six month old. I am, to say the least, NOT thrilled but I'm trying to be positive. My daughter is still exclusively breastfed and not a fan of solid food so I'm a bit worried about how this is going to go...

I had a period April 1st, but when I took a preg test May 14 it was negative, and then may 28 I took another and got my BFP.

We had a condom... uh, slip? Sure. We'll call it a slip. Anyway, that happened May 3 so I think that's our probable date of conception which would give me a due date of Jan 25 or something, I forget. Whoops.

I've got my name in with a midwifery clinic in town, and REALLY hope I get in- they always seem to have a wait list, even though I called and left a voicemail at 5 weeks 5 days. Here's hoping it works out!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hey!
We were also not so thrilled when we found out we were expecting this time too. My DD2 was born Oct 08, and is 7 months old. DD1 turned 2 in February. Our "slip" happened on May 2nd, so I'm due January 22nd. If you ever want to talk about it with someone that can relate you can PM me!

#85 of 124 Old 06-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Dea

Hi! I wanted to wait until my ultrasound to do this.
I'm Deadra. This is my 2nd pregnancy, my DD is Trixie and I hate calling her DD so I call her Trixie.
I live in the bay area and I am Canadian.
I conceived Trixie through infertility treatments and did them again this time, although they were a lot more intense.
I would love to try for a home birth again, but if I am pregnant with twins, I think that I'll go for a VBAC at the hospital.
I hope this isn't my last pregnancy, but time will tell.
I have a cat and a dog, they drive me crazy.
(but I love them so!)

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#86 of 124 Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 PM

Hi everyone!

I am Rebecca (seems like there are quite a few of us with the name Rebecca)! I have been married to JR for 16 years, and we have five girls and one boy, this will be #7 for us. We plan to find out the sex of the baby as tradition since baby #2. The children really seem to bond with the baby once we know, and have chosen a name.

I am an unschooling/homeschooling mom, and I love to breastfeed and co-sleep. My two oldest have health issues, so our life is pretty crazy and hectic.

When I found out about this pg, I was really scared to tell anyone. I knew that with our lives being so crazy, it would not be well received. And there are times that my daughters really need me, and I didn't want to take away from them. But, God is good, and worked out all of the issues! Everyone, so far, has been happy. We haven't told my in laws yet, but no rush there!! They are the ones that give us such a hard time about our family size!

I hope that each of you have healthy pregnancies and babies!

Rebecca
#87 of 124 Old 06-13-2009, 05:25 AM

Hi! I'm Serena (31) and JohnPaul (DH, 31) and I have been together 4.5 years. My son, Grayson, is about 3.5 years. Currently, I'm still letting pregnancy #2 sink in. We are very excited! It began to occur to me a few months back that having another child would make the two 4 years apart. I freaked out and decided to start planning/charting/preparing. A month later I was pregnant!

I love gardening (although I miss my big garden and fruit vines and bushes in Georgia). DH works for the Foreign Service and we are currently in Belgrade, Serbia. We live in a beautiful area on a hill above the city, surrounded by forest. However, when they built the homes here they buried all of the debris and junk (like shoes, chip bags, etc) in the ground. The dirt is hard and rocky and I can hardly get a shovel in. So, I miss gardening. Love cooking traditional foods though! The produce is mostly local, fresh and not covered with pesticides. So that's a bonus. And animals typically aren't injected and are safe to eat.

I've been trying to wean DS for the past couple weeks. It just hurts like hell! I cry when he cries because it just breaks my heart. But my milk dried after conceiving and that, coupled with the pain and the wonderful, long 3.5 years of nursing him, are enough to convince me that it's okay to move on (and to even have a small break before #2 arrives end of Jan).

I think that's enough for now. Oh, I forgot, DS was born in a hospital. It was an uncomplicated, unmedicated birth. I'll be at a birth center in Indianapolis this go. Can't wait to come home to visit in two weeks. My first appointment with a MW is July 2nd. Hoping to hear all is well.

Great to know you all!
#88 of 124 Old 06-13-2009, 01:41 PM

Sorry, I just had to pop in and say that there are now three Serena's on this board and it is usually such an unusual name. I never find anyone with my name!

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#89 of 124 Old 06-13-2009, 03:48 PM

Hi! My name is Ruth & I have been married to dh, Chris, for 4.5 years now. We have an almost 3 yr. old ds (6/21) & a 17 month old dd (1/21). We are expecting #3 around Jan. 25.

I nursed ds until he was 17 months (2 months before dd was born) and I'm still nursing dd right now (at 17 months). If she makes it as far as ds did during my pregnancy with her, she'll wean at 22 months. I'm all for tandem nursing if she'll be able to not wean herself while I'm pregnant. We'll just have to wait & see.

I'm so excited to be pregnant, but this morning sickness has been ALL day... nothing completely relieves it. I am functional but sometimes think I'll throw up. I haven't thrown up but I've come really close (gagging, etc.).

My other two were born in the water in a stand-alone birth center but we have moved & are now over an hour away from there. I absolutely love my midwife, though, and fortunately she is willing to drive the distance so we're planning a water home birth with that same midwife. We're very excited & a little nervous about that.

I'm not sure what else to say so I guess I'll say... I'm looking forward to sharing the next few months with you all!
#90 of 124 Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Hello, everyone!
My name is Gillian, and I've been married to my DH since 8/20/04 - we celebrate our 5th anniversary this year!
We have one beautiful little girl born 11/28/06 - the only time she is still is when she's sleeping!
Had a miscarriage at abt 4wks in January, but now we're expecting #2 1/1/10! My husband is hoping this one will come early - he wants the tax deduction for this year! However, DD was late (induced at 41wks) and my family has traditionally gone over, so he may be out of luck on that!
We got to see the little one this week...looking good! DH was impressed that it actually looked like a baby .
We are currently serving as Music Ministers at our church, which we both enjoy, and DH hopes to one day be a pastor.

~Gillian, married to my sweetheart since 8/20/04, mommy to my : puddytat (11/28/06), expecting #2 1//1/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page