Getting to know you thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone, I decided to follow up on Erika's suggestion and start this thread. Please post a little bit about yourselves, (as much as you feel like)
I'll start -
I'm Marina, I'm 31 and have been with my DH for 8 years (yikes!), married for 4. I am a graduate student - I study neuroscience. We live in beautiful Pacific Northwest in a perfect little house which we share with our furry kids - 3 very busy border collies. I love to garden and right now my heaven is my front yard where everything is blooming and fragrant.
We've been trying for a first non-furry kid for about 18 months now, and finally after majorly changing our diets (especially for my DH) and charting we got knocked up in february but lost it right away. Took a month off and tried again, and here I am. So, at least we got that part figured out it seems. I'm a bit scared of having the little worm 1.1 not stick, but I decided I am going to enjoy every moment of having it here, however long I have. Hoping for a smooth and uneventful 8 months.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone, and it's great to see some familiar faces too! :

sleepytime.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 06:46 PM

Howdy!

I'm Laura, 34, and am still officially a newlywed having just married my DH, Jeff, last July. We haven't even hit the 2 year mark as a couple, but we've been friends for almost 5 years.

I've got an adorable 7-year-old, Ian, from a previous marriage.

I'm a middle school library/technology teacher but like 120-some odd other teachers in my district, I've been pink slipped for next year. So I've got some soul-searching ahead of me as I won't have a year plus in any new position to be FMLA-eligible and would only be eligible for a 6 week maternity leave... The logical plan is to take next school year off, but that's not going to be great for us financially, we're not exactly rolling in the dough and one income will demand a lot of creativity and scrimping.

Meh. It will all work out.
#3 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Hi! I'm Mary. I've been married to Ethan since August 2003, and we have two little munchkins, Elias, who'll be five in August, and Ella, who just turned 2.
I stay at home with them, and love it!
I am also a doula and a homebirth midwife's assistant. I LOVE birth, and am so excited to go through the pregnancy/birth process, being well educated. Research and learning are SOOO important, as this is the only time we will birth these babies!
I'm pretty crunchy, and normally we cloth diaper, but after almost upchucking yesterday after getting some poop on my hands, we might be using only or just mostly sposies until this baby comes, or the first trimester is over, we'll see
#4 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned

Great thread!!!

I'm Amanda (28) and my DH is Vince (26... I know I know LOL) we have been together for 8 years, married since 7.7.7 had our major surprise DS 07.10.08 and was lucky enough to get a BFP after my 1st PPAF :

I was a travel agent prior to going on mat leave with my DS and I'm due back in July... they're going to LOSE IT when I tell them I'm prego again lmao

oh, and I'm in Canada!
#5 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is a great idea, because I have been curious about all of you.

My name is Kathy, and I am 39. I've been with Reed, who is 33, for 7 years and we have one son, Seth who is 5. I am an RN and work in an Medical ICU part time and really love it. I also knit and love music. Punk rock are my roots, but I love everything. My husband is a pharmacy student.

I started getting very interested in moving to vegan eating right before I found out I was pregnant. I am still moving in that direction. I bought lots of great books, like Veganomicon and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. If you have any suggestions, recipes or tips, I am all ears.

My husband is interested in eating mostly vegetarian after discovering he has dyslipidemia, but my son has NO interest in being veg.

Hi everyone! :::

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#6 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 09:52 PM

I'm Chessa (30), SAHM to Silas (who will be 3 in June) and wife to Chad (37) for coming up on 6 years. I graduated with my masters in Library Science when I was 7 months preg with Silas, so I'm trained as a librarian but haven't worked profesisonally as one (I refer to myself as a secret librarian ninja). My husband started out as a philosophy professor at community college and now has moved into community college administration. I was born in NC, grew up in NH, went to school in OR, lived in Metro Detroit for 4 years and now we're happy to be back in the PNW in Seattle.

I'm a big reader (lots of SF, paranormal, urban fantasy, but other genres, too). We used to watch a lot of indie films before becoming parents, but now we never seem to get to our netflix movies! We are a vegan family, although we're flexible with DS in social situations. We try to live lightly on the earth as much as possible.

As far as parenting, DS is intact and was breastfed until we weaned at 27 months (history of breast cancer in the family - mom has had it twice - and my doctors were really stressing about me getting a baseline mammogram done). We selectively vax, and DS was cloth-diapered until 2.5. Then we got lazy with sposies. We may try to go back to cloth to see if it will encourage DS to potty-learn, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

We love to spend time in the outdoors, hiking, camping, throwing rocks in Puget Sound...

Oh, we plan to homeschool Silas, most likely unschool. We aspire to a consenual living/radical unschooling parenting style, but it's a work in progress. Like most good things in life I guess.

Nice to meet everyone!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#7 of 123 Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Okay, right, here I am!

Can we get this thread stickied? I think it would be awesome to be able to refer to it as we progress together in the coming months, don't you all?

Anyway so, I am Jay, 26, turning 27 in two weeks. With Harry (we'll get around to getting married at some point lol) and stepmom to his gorgeous kiddies aged 7 and 6

We had a daughter, Josie, but she died at term almost along with me. She was beautiful. I want to have a million babies because just seeing her made me realize the meaning of life. So far we've got this one in the works, only 999,999 to go

Anyway, so I want to use the G Diapers - wanted to with Josie as well but didn't quite get around to ordering them. They seem like a good solution. I am totally against circumcision - we don't do it in the UK and just because I'm in the US does NOT mean any so of mine is getting any proportion of his willy cut off. No way.

I do like organic food, try to grow my own mostly. I hugely prefer (love, even) co-ops over large grocery stores. I love ethnic food stores and trying new food, baking, cooking, sewing, crafting anything, painting...you name it.

Love being out in nature, fishing, just being out and plunging my fingers in the earth. I'm such an animal

I just gave in my notice at work today - I will not be working out of home any more this pregnancy. I overdid it last time and right now I work about 65 hrs a week including the commute, which leaves no time for a life. I came to this decision over a period of months and am going to just throw caution to the wind and freelance.

Funnily enough, for someone who's just chucked her job with health benefits and a good salary, I am not scared at all. I really believe I have the capability to do this, and to be a better mother as a result.

Ummm...ooh, and I would love to homeschool. Working from home, this is a much greater possibility than before.

I think that's it for now....great to meet everyone! It feels so nice to be art of a community, even though we're just soooo newly pregnant and are all carrying tiny little beans - or in my case, a burgeoning ball of cells. I love my burgeoning ball of cells though Hopefully in nine months it will have soft skin, fur on it's little head, bright little eyes, a cute little toothless mouth and an APGAR of 10

I cannot cannot CANNOT wait to breastfeed.....OMG...

Anyway enough from me - I'm taking over the thread here!

*HUGE hugs* to you all! XXXXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#8 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 02:20 AM

:

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#9 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Bummer - I don't think I can change the title to ask for a sticky - so I'm hoping a Moderator would read this and sticky the thread. Thank you!

sleepytime.gif
#10 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 07:21 AM

I'm Marie (25, 26 soon) married to my wonderful DH (28); we've been together almost 7 years, and just got married this past January. I'm in veterinary school in Australia

We are owned by a lovable quirky cat and a 11 month old, very boisterous, tries to hard to be good great dane puppy, who we are really really working hard on training and praying he matures ASAP. They've both been selectively and delayed vacc and eat as natural a diet as we can find/afford.

We've always wanted children, just didn't expect to start incubating any until I was nearer to the end of school, h well!! We've always intended to cloth diaper, delay and selectively vac, babywear, gently discipline, and generally AP. We're not sure how that all is going to work out now that I'll be having a child in between semesters at school but we're going to do our best to figure it all out.

We do our best to eat TF within our budget and time constraints. I want to grow more of our own food but so far I've only killed the seeds I've started
#11 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 07:38 AM

I'm Alicia and just got my BFP yesterday with a due date of December 28th 2009 but most of my births have been "late" so I think it's probably safer to join you all in January. I'm soooooooooo excited about this pregnancy because I was told I was pregnant in a dream the night I conceived. Here is the story by way of an email I sent a friend:

"Most of my dreams are very long and drawn out changing themes throughout; leaving me with a feeling but not much in the way of specifics. Like i can be reading a newspaper and I understand what i am reading but when I look closer at the page it's just a bunch of random letters. Ok, so in this very clear and concise dream I walk into a bright white place and I hear a voice and know it's coming from above from the light and it's saying that I am pregnant, I look down at my belly and touch it (lol), and that the baby's name is EMANA and I see that written in very large lettering, black on white in caps and someone else I don't really see (because I am trying to really read and remember this word) starts pulling me away and saying it's time to go. And I wake up and start giggling. Anyway I didn't know this word EMANA and wrote Brad Scott (the one who does the hebrew word studies) and apparently this is the hebrew word most commonly translated as 'faith'. So I'm figuratively watching water boil to see if this is something real. If it is then I will be so happy and if not....I'm going to feel really silly for getting all excited about it! This was a couple weeks ago."

Looks like I'm saved the trouble of picking a name too lol. My husband views my dream as suspect but really what are the chances? That's my view anyway.

About me...I'm a homeschooling SAHM of four sweet children ages 6, 5 ,3, and 19 months. Boy, boy, girl, boy. I am hoping this one will be a girl because lately the boys have been leaving her out. My last birth was planned unassisted with a midwife on backup and hope to do that again but something tells me that may pose a challenge now that we are in North Carolina. I think lay midwives and CPM's are illegal, and CNMs I've met in the past don't strike me as being cool with UC. We'll see.

Should get back to bed, congrats to every one of you too!

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#12 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM

My name is Mandie. I am 25 years old. I have one son, Nathan who will be 2 in 10 days! I am a stay-at-home mama, but am also a RN. I am actually in the process of applying to schools to become a CNM. We are a AP family (obviously). Our kiddo co-sleeps, and nursed until he was 20 months (I pumped for an additional 2.5 months). He is cloth diapered and we do not vax.

Our birth with Nathan was very traumatic (in the hospital) and we have decided to do a homebirth this time around. I already have great midwives lined up so I am excited!

We tried for a very long time to have this baby. 15 months total with 5 IUIs. We had 2 follicles (eggs) for this last IUI, so there is a possibility of twins.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#13 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 01:38 PM

I am Jamie. I am 29 (veeeeery close to 30, though) and married to a wonderful guy, Jimmy (32) - yes Jimmy and Jamie - for almost 10(!) years. We have been together for 11 years. We have 2 children. Ethan is 7 & Lainey is 3 1/2. They are our little rays of sunshine in this world. We are a homeschooling family, but I don't seem to be home very much I teach kid's yoga and also substitute for other age groups as needed. We are involved in Crossfit and my son is in Jiu-Jitsu. We are very natural minded, don't vax (anymore), do co-sleep, do breastfeed for as long as possible, do treat illnesses with herbs/foods/supplements/etc, do cloth diaper part time, I run a natural food co-op with a friend of mine, & I also work for a local CSA, delivering organic produce to it's members. *takes a breath*

My husband works craaaaazy long hours and the birth and post-partum period after my 2nd child was very stressful as a result. I had very bad PPD. However, that coupled with the fact the I contracted Lyme disease when my daughter was 1 1/2 and have successfully fought it off have made me who I am.

This baby is the answer to many nights of crying and praying, wondering if I would ever get well again and be able to walk without weakness, let alone have anymore children. Regardless of what happens, I am convinced how good God is!!

My children are all miracles. My second I almost lost when the placenta started to tear away around 8-10 weeks along and this one being in the aftermath of the past few years. I just get choked up writing this. We are just so :

Thanks for reading this! I hope to get to "know" you all very well in the next trimesters of our lives!!

Mama to monkey #1 , monkey #2 , and new little monkey #3 . I am always :yawning and making lots of
#14 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So nice to get know a little more about all you ladies!!

I am Angie(28) married to my super awesome hubby (joey 29). We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary a week ago but have been together for almost 9 years. We have two boys Lucas and Alex. They will turn 5 and 2 in June. I am a stay at home mom and have been for 3 1/2 years. We are a very natural minded family and are very excited to be planning our first homebirth with #3 . My first was section, 2nd vbac, and now doing the homebrith. Baby steps I guess.

I am a very active person that enjoys being outside. I recently ran my first half-marathon. I actually ran it a couple weeks pregnant I just didn't know it Our favorite things to do are go on long family hikes and work in the yard together. Hoping to get the garden planted this weekend!!

Thats a little about me.

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(10) and Alex (7), Elizabeth (4), Joey (2), and #5 due May 29
#15 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 03:41 PM

My name is Laura, I'm 27, and we live in New York. My husband and i will celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary this summer.

I have a two year old son, and since then have had one misscarriage at 7 weeks. We are pregnant again after quite a few months of trying...and we are both so happy, but a little scared of losing this one also... but I'm glad to have found a community here to get excited with!

Our due date is Jan 1st, that will make two christmas babies for us! :
#16 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nice to meet you ladies!

My name is Brittany. My husband's name is Mark. I'm 24 and he is 25. We've been married 6 years (as of next month). We have two girls, Grace is 4.5 and Evangeline is 2.5. Our son Duncan was born sleeping on November 14th 2008 at just shy of 35 weeks. He passed away due to complications with Down Syndrome. He was absolutely beautiful. Sweet little boy. I miss him. :

It took three full cycles to conceive this little bean. We were on a time crunch since Mark was set to deploy early May. We found out in early February. He actually left today just a couple hours ago. This last cycle was our last shot for 10 months. I just had a feeling that it would be our cycle, given the circumstances with him leaving. I'm staying with my in-laws in VA while he's gone. I very much enjoy the new scenery. I'm glad to be out of NC, at least where we were at.

I'm very nervous about this pregnancy, but I'm SO trying to remain positive. I want to enjoy this pregnancy and I keep telling myself that each pregnancy and baby is unique and should be treated with the same innocence as my other uneventful pregnancies. I'll be planning another homebirth. I'm excited about it. I've been looking forward to getting my homebirth for so long now. I'm so impatient. It always seems like the beginning of pregnancy goes by slow. I look forward to the second trimester. I know my worry won't end there, but I'll at least get a teensy bit of relief once I'm out of this delicate stage.

As for parenting style, we're a crunchy family. Some other things about me, I'm a photographer (of sorts). Right now I'm focusing on 35mm B&W. I love it. I also have a really big passion for philosophy and comparative religion and mythology and the religions and history of the ancient Near East. Studying religion and various philosophies is what I consider fun. I'm pretty much an automath. I'm really big into self study and education. I guess it's important that self education is a big deal to me since we're considering unschooling.

Anywho, I guess that's it for now.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#17 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM

HI! I'm Molly. Married to Sean for 4 years. DD Maple is 18 months. We have a dairy farm in MA which keeps me very busy! Running after cows and babies is not easy... not to mention prego!

I had a hospital birth first time around... but we are planning a home birth for this bean.

We CD, EC, I am planning on tandem nursing, co sleep etc.

I can't beleive how big my belly is already!
#18 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 PM

#19 of 123 Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 PM

i'm serina (29), married to jason (32) and mom to maya (6), elly (4) and asher (18 mos). we lost our baby winter to miscarriage on new year's day this year, and are thrilled to be expecting a new life for new year's 2010. praying this one is healthy and well born.

we recently moved to ten acres in the country and are learning about homesteading and small scale farming. we have 26 four-week-old buff orpington chicks, half of whom will be living a happy life and going in our freezer in late summer. the rest will be our laying flock. we're starting our first big garden, and plants are taking over my life right now (tomatoes in the dining room, cabbages in the cold frame - they keep multiplying and growing bigger!).

i homeschool my kids and look forward to the challenge of integrating a new baby into the mix. my current little guy keeps me busy enough; good thing we have nine-ten months to get used to the idea of the next one!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#20 of 123 Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 PM

I'm regina (29), married to S. for 10 years in July, and we have a 3-year old son. It only took a few cycles to conceive him, so I was expecting no issues with #2. A year after trying to conceive, we finally got pregnant much to our great joy... and then great sorrow in late December when I miscarried. My husband's mother died at the beginning of January, so it's been a rough start to our year. This is my 4th cycle after miscarriage, I'm so happy to be pregnant and expecting our little one. I'm feeling a lot more calm than I did last time, and I can't wait to hold our sweet babe 9 months from now.

I'm a SAHM to my son, and we just moved out to a more rural area so I am on a smaller scale than Serina but it's big enough for me! My garden hasn't gotten much love since I found out I was pregnant; I can't wait to get back out there. We have a few chickens that we hope to get eggs from, and my dream is to get year-round veggies from our own garden. I'd love a milk cow as well but don't think I can be tied down to a milker just yet!

My hopes for the birth are to have a homebirth. We had a uncomplicated hospital water birth with DS, I loved having a doula and the midwife was great and just let us do our thing. What I didn't like was how they panicked when DS' umbilical cord broke as he came out of me, and they whisked him away to the nursery for observation for 4 hours... and released him without ever having a doctor see him. It seemed like hospital protocol overrode any possibility of common sense and reason. I am seeing the midwife that attended my husband's birth, and I love walking around my home thinking about a birth happening here soon.

I'm greatly enjoying reading all the stories and getting to know you ladies!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#21 of 123 Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm up in Vancouver, BC, Canada and am 38 yrs old. I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we are over the top excited to raise a family together! Since my partner is also a she we used donor sperm and artificial insemination to conceive. I had 2 m/c and a chemical pregnancy last year unfortunately so I'm hoping this one sticks around! This was our 7th try over a year.

I think both my DP and I are a bit too nervous for a homebirth even though in theory I love the idea. I will be having prenatal care with a midwife team and hope to labour at home as long as possible before having a hospital birth.

I think we live a fairly crunchy lifestyle in some ways. Eat organic and/or local as much as possible, use natural products, eco-friendly home, etc etc. I hope to cloth diaper, breast feed as long as possible and co-sleep!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#22 of 123 Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 AM

I guess it is safe enough for me to introduce myself.

My name is Jenny. I am a SAH QF Mom of seven living children. Ages 19 (g), 14 (g), 13 (b), 11 (g), 8 (b), 5(b), & 9 months (b). I lost one daugher at four in '06, one born still at 18wks in '06, and m/c at 5-6 wks in January.

This will be #10! (Number 11 if you count the January baby.) Hubby told me the WO HAS to be a girl, as all my youngers are boys! With my oldest girl moved out on her own, the second oldest girl an introverted dancer, that leaves me with one girl and a house full of boys. We definitely need some female hormones here!

I am a bit reluctant to announce my pgcy because it is just so early, and having just lost one a few months ago, I have a bit of concern about this being a sticky baby.

This is also a bit of a surprise baby, as I really did not know I was pg. Usually I know before anyone, before my period is missed. But this time, I was shocked when the doctor told me I was pg.

I know, sounds funny, but with this being baby #10, I have NEVER had a doctor tell me I was pg before! I always went to them and told THEM I was pg, and they just confirmed it. So, this is all new to me! And truly, it was quite cool! To actually be told I was pg! I really can not believe it.

Anyways, I UC (although my last son, #9, was a hospital induced birth due to Pre-E/HELLPS). And although I UP, I have "duel care" with an OB for "just in case" (which is what was needed with #9). I am planning a UC this time as well, but will be monitered very closely, I am sure. Since my bp is already high, which is why I went to the doc in the first place. They say I have a 1 in 3 chance of having Pre-E/HELLPS again. But I am doing the Brewers Diet (started yesterday), as well as Milk Thistle and Dandelion herbs to aid in blood pressure and liver function. So I am praying that I will be one of the "2" in the 3 rather than the "1 in 3".

I guess that is about it. I am looking forward to this DDC.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#23 of 123 Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 AM

Hi ladies
NAK so bear with me. I'm Christina, age 25(!) and I live in the boonies in BC, Canada. My commonlaw hubby is Erin(33), we've been together for 6 years, and have 1 baby boy, Skyy 8mo. We are both activists, in many areas. We raise our own food: pigs, chickens, veggies, goat milk, eggs etc. We have 30 acres and a log house, and a km long driveway that is h**l in the winter, with twists, turns, hills and even a bridge. We love being self sustainable, and want to teach our children this way of life. We WERE both city slickers lol!!

As for parenting, we are continuum concept parents, and I get a lot of comments about that, especially since we dont use baby gates or bedrails. We also do EC, so no diapers here. My baby has been naked about 90% of his life, even in public Even in winter. I believe it helps his body learn to adjust to different temperatures and weather. Plus, I usually wear him skin to skin, so we are the same temperature. DS is intact. I also follow my babes lead on everything, even when he wanted to eat food off my plate at 5 months. We dont vax or use any "meds." We use homeopathy, herbs, food, massage, etc. AND WE AREN'T AFRAID OF SWINE FLU EITHER We plan on unschooling, andd I cant wait! I am already sure my son is gifted. He started speaking at 6 months, can point out objects in a book, like baby chickens, cats and bananas, all things from his daily life, etc.

I am healing from birth trauma. I was forced to have a C-section by my midife and the oncall OB. I WAS having a homebirth, but I guess I wasnt doing it fast enough!! I have fibromyalgia, and am being tested for MS now too, as well as heavy metal toxicity and hemochromatosis. Anyways, this pregnancy is truly a blessing, and I feel healing energy coming in waves from my baby. I am always in the least pain during pregnancy. We are planning an HBAC. I love SPIRITUAL MIDWIFERY!!! after my birth trauma, I couldn't even look at the book anymore, but now, its just what I need!

I'm so excited to be part of this due date club... last time, I wasnt on MDC at all!!! boy, could have used the support!!! Very nice to meet you ladies!!

Placenta eating EC mom to my sweet DS Skyy 08/24/08 and Lotus Birth HBAC DD Aspen 01/13/2010 Healed by her birth
#24 of 123 Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 PM

HI everyone. Got my positive yesterday and announced it. We arent the type of family to keep that type of secret for 3 months. Besides, I dont worry about miscarriage. If I have one, I want my friends and family to share in that sadness with me instead of going through it alone.

I have 5, so this is number 6. We homeschool and hombirth. Planning another UC. Intend to eat VERY healthy to ward off pre-eclampsia again.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#25 of 123 Old 05-05-2009, 06:27 PM

Hi, my name is Chelci, I'm 20. My DH is a Marine and he is 19. We have 2 children a 2 year old son named Elijah and a 9 month old daughter named Alexandria. They are 20 months apart. We are currently stationed in Hawaii and are expecting our 3rd child around January 10th.

I am a SAHM that was in the process of looking for a job but I don't know if I will continue since I have found out that I am pregnant. We are planning an unassisted homebirth.

Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  

#26 of 123 Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 PM

Figiued I would post nw, than go back and read as I have the chance to.

My name is Rebecca, but I mostly go as Bec. I am due on January 10th 2010. It feels so weird to type that. This is my third pregnancy. I have a little girl who 'will be three in august on her birthday' and is bound and determined to have a disney princess cake for the occasion.

I had a hospital birth with Alice, but really really want a home water birth. I have a wonderful midwife that I was able to work with on my last pregnancy and am excited to be able to work with her again.

We will be cloth diapering, we started at 9 months with Alice but I am already becomng addicted to itty bitty fluff. We co-sleep, and will probably do so with the next one. Alice is only begining to transition into her own bed, and mostly because she has taken to kicking me and DH in the middle of the night.

I am a die hard breast feeding mama. Having had to wean Alice at 26 months because of work issues, and the inability to get pregnant while nursing.

I really really want to baby wear this time around, I am already starting to buidl my collection and am excited about that.

As for me, I have done preoffesional children's theatre for 8 years, worked in the infant room of a child care center for 6 years, and have been married for seven. I currently attened The Art Institute of Pitsburg online learning about web design. I am enjoying what I am learning and the ability to do so while I am at home. We are a mostly tv free home, having to have about an hour of tv a day so I can do school work now that Alice does not nap, but even then it is only m ovies as we have no cable, or network tv.

So.. that me!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#27 of 123 Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 PM

Hi everyone, I think I'm due Jan 13 - still a bit in denial about it (well, my dh is even more in denial!). I've taken two hpt's, and the lines were really light. But a line's a line, right?

We have 3 kids - a 12 yo ds, 9 yo ds, and 8 yo dd. The first two were midwife assisted hospital births, and my dd was born at home - waterbirth.

I work full time now (school administration), and just started a doctorate in education. Wasn't really planning on this nice surprise. And I'm a bit nervous about being pregnant at 39. I'm hoping to have another homebirth, though, and will have to contact my midwife, soon, I guess!

**edited to add: really looking forward to babywearing again!
#28 of 123 Old 05-06-2009, 03:46 AM

Hello & congrats everyone! I'm happy to be joining you. Well, freaking out a little too. This will be my third, due Jan 10. I suspected for a while but just got the positive test today so it's all still sinking in. My others are now 7 & 5. I'm also nervous at having this baby at 39 (baby is due about a week before my 40th), and after such a long break. We cloth diapered and ap'd and will do the same, all the time reminding myself to enjoy the ride as this will definitely be my last babe!

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
#29 of 123 Old 05-06-2009, 10:59 AM

Aw, fun!

I'm Elizabeth, 29, and am partnered with DP, 38. We've been together 11 years and I think we're actually going to tie the knot this month...I want to SAH when #2 gets here and I'll need to transfer over to his health care benefits. We're getting our ducks in a row...

I live in southern California and we have a 17mo daughter, Evangeline, who we had in a wonderful homebirth. I'm really hoping to have a homebirth again. Labor was intense but I'm hoping it'll be a little less so this time now that I know what to expect. It was quick last time - less than 8 hours - so, of course, it's one of the first things a positive test has me thinking about! We did hypnobirthing last time and it was really helpful...I might look into hypnobabies this time around.

I'm a little worried about the transition to two. I'm feeling a bit guilty for DD but am talking myself through it. I'm the eldest of four and love having siblings so I suppose it'll work itself out. I'm hoping to have an easier time breastfeeding this time around. E had a lot of trouble latching and the LC visits didn't help much, nor did my inverted nipples. So, I ended up pumping for a year, day and night, at work and at home, until my milk dried up a few months ago. It was rewarding in that I had a huge surplus and could donate...BUT

I'd REALLY prefer not to do that again!

This time I'm going to be better prepared in that regard and, after my pumping experience, my nipples aren't going to be a problem this time. Ha.

Anyway, I work at Starbucks, formerly as a manager but only PT since DD arrived. I'm a full-time student studying to be an eventual librarian but hope to spend the next decade or so as a homeschooling SAHM. I'm really looking forward to, hopefully, not having to return to work after this next one.

I really love gardening and am so relieved that I actually have the whole thing in the yard already this year. We're set except for weeding. I didn't have any morning sickness with DD but the smell of those cucumber plants was pretty overwhelming. I'm feeling really naseous already though, so I don't know if my luck will hold out with this one.

Lastly, I'm officially addicted to wool diaper covers and, though I used cloth diapers from the start, didn't use the wool regularly last time until DD was about 3 months old. I can't believe how easy and wonderful they are...now that I have the hang of it, I'm going to be on a teeny tiny wool buying spree if this one stays sticky.

I'm just so happy and excited to be here - we didn't expect to be yet! I hope everyone has a wonderful pregnancy and can't wait to talk and support each other. :
#30 of 123 Old 05-06-2009, 01:51 PM

Marina, if you PM a moderator, they will sticky it for you. It's usually a bit faster that way.

I'm Clara, I'm 28 and I'm pregnant after a loss at 12 weeks in February. I have a daughter, Gianna, who will be two in July. We do a whole laundry list of AP and NFL things, I'm a doula (who hasn't done birthwork since Gianna came to be, but that's okay; this is the mothering season of my life). I also taught preschool, second grade, and a couple of years of kindergarten before becoming a SAHM.

Gianna's birth started at a lovely birth center, and ended up being a transfer to a hospital for a Cesarean. The plan this time is to HBAC. I'm alternately nervous and wracked with fear, and then empowered and confident.

I'm so glad I'm pregnant again, and I pray that this baby sticks around and joins us sometime on or around my mom's birthday in January.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!

User Tag List