January Mamas, Pregnant after Loss or Infertility - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1st appointment. Ultraosund showed a thumping heart beat at 135/minute. A good yolk sac, babe right in the middle of the uterus where she is supposed to be and the right amount of fluid. YAY! :

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is anyone else skipping the ultrasounds, despite having a prior loss? i'm trying to be all zen, but i'm dying to take a peek. just trying to balance my priorities. because we're waiting on ultrasounds, and my betas were good, there's nothing to do but sit back and wait to feel the baby kick, lol. patience is not my best virtue, so this is difficult for me. my loss was not until almost 12 weeks, so i've got more than five weeks to get past that.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#63 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I really wish I could, but I'm absolutely impatient. I won't be able to say "no," to knowing the gender, either. I want to know! I want to make plans!

Not very zen of me.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#64 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 06:47 PM

This pregnancy now happened directly following a miscarriage. I didn't have as many symptoms with that pregnancy, so it is a bit reassuring having all the symptoms I do now. I had been more paranoid with that pregnancy from the start, partially feeling that I'd had too much good luck with healthy babies already.

I do automatically check every time I go to the bathroom though, and I've had a few dreams that played out pretty much like my miscarriage. I have had an ultrasound this time: the midwives wanted one for dating, since I didn't have a period between the miscarriage and this pregnancy. I saw the heartbeat and it was nice to see.
#65 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Thanks, nummies

geekgolightly and umbrella - congrats on healthy heartbeats!! :

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#66 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
1st appointment. Ultraosund showed a thumping heart beat at 135/minute. A good yolk sac, babe right in the middle of the uterus where she is supposed to be and the right amount of fluid. YAY! :
::::

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#67 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrt View Post
We did see a lovely yolk sac, a fetal pole and a brand-new !
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrella View Post
I saw the heartbeat and it was nice to see.
:For heartbeats! :
#68 of 562 Old 05-15-2009, 11:18 PM

I don't belong in this thread. But, my BFF has been TTC for 18 months for her first child and has recently begun fertility treatments. I feel incredibly guilty about getting pregnant without trying. We were not TTA or TTC and we, literally, got pregnant on the first and only possible chance that we DTD.

I've always told her right away when I was pregnant, but I'm not sure what to do this time. I praying that she will call me in a few days and tell me that she is pregnant, but I know that that chance is slim. We share everything and talk for several hours a week on the phone. I can hardly keep this from her.

For those of you that have been TTC for a long time, how would you want your best friend to tell you this sort of news if you had not had a BFP yet?

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#69 of 562 Old 05-16-2009, 04:27 AM

ladies, I love seeing the happy ultrasound news! It reminds me of seeing the u/s of my DS at 6 weeks, we went in for my first prenatal and I didn't know they were going to do an u/s and they did and we saw the little bean with yolk-sac and even the heart fluttering along with the heartbeat. I just started bawling. The next pregnancy ended at 9 weeks, but babe had stopped developing at 7 weeks. 7 weeks is when I first started spotting, and I'm 7 weeks on Monday so this is a trepidatious week for me. I don't know if I'm numb or managing to be super calm, but I'm not freaking out yet. I want to do an early u/s but I also want to just chill out and wait to hear the heartbeat on the doppler. I'm due to see my m/w at 10 weeks and I'm on pins & needles til then (ya know, in between my calm moments

My son has red hair, and I have curly hair (brunette). I was at the park 2 days ago and saw a little girl running along, and she had wild curly red hair. I just started crying, because I thought... that could be this baby I'm pregnant with right now! I realized I haven't thought to the future for this baby, because it's hard enough for me to stay in the present. But I don't want to not have the joy of this pregnancy, ya know? To dream about what our baby will look like and what his/her life will be like, etc., etc. ...sigh...

miss Jay, I can't wait to hear your u/s results! I know they're going to be wonderful

On a positive note about this pregnancy, I am having total normal pregnancy symptoms, including morning sickness and sore boobs, which I didn't have with the last pregnancy, so this helps me to hope.

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#70 of 562 Old 05-16-2009, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama View Post
I don't belong in this thread. But, my BFF has been TTC for 18 months for her first child and has recently begun fertility treatments. I feel incredibly guilty about getting pregnant without trying. We were not TTA or TTC and we, literally, got pregnant on the first and only possible chance that we DTD.

I've always told her right away when I was pregnant, but I'm not sure what to do this time. I praying that she will call me in a few days and tell me that she is pregnant, but I know that that chance is slim. We share everything and talk for several hours a week on the phone. I can hardly keep this from her.

For those of you that have been TTC for a long time, how would you want your best friend to tell you this sort of news if you had not had a BFP yet?
It is great that you are being so thoughtful of her feelings. Infertility is very painful and even though we really try not to get upset when someone else gets pregnant, it is very difficult. I would say to keep the length of time that you were TTC out of the picture. Refrain from saying anything like "can't believe it happened on the first try" or "I was expecting it to take longer". I would just say "I wanted to tell you that I am pregnant." Give her time to digest the news and don't expect her to act in any certain way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrodgrl View Post

My son has red hair, and I have curly hair (brunette). I was at the park 2 days ago and saw a little girl running along, and she had wild curly red hair. I just started crying, because I thought... that could be this baby I'm pregnant with right now! I realized I haven't thought to the future for this baby, because it's hard enough for me to stay in the present. But I don't want to not have the joy of this pregnancy, ya know? To dream about what our baby will look like and what his/her life will be like, etc., etc. ...sigh...

On a positive note about this pregnancy, I am having total normal pregnancy symptoms, including morning sickness and sore boobs, which I didn't have with the last pregnancy, so this helps me to hope.
Sounds like good symptoms to me! And the above story is so sweet!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#71 of 562 Old 05-16-2009, 03:43 PM

My last pregnancy was an ectopic in my right fallopian tube. We treated it nonsurgically & thought everything was taken care of and then my tube ruptured & I had to have emergency surgery to remove it. So, in addition to being at a higher risk for ectopic due to my previous c-section, I now am at an increased risk of having another ectopic because I have already had one. Since that pregnancy in 9/08, we have been TTC. So since it has taken 8 months to get pregnant, it seemed surreal that we even got a BFP. And now I still feel like it "isn't real" until I see a yolk sac implanted in my uterues with a heart beat. I think I will be put at alot of ease once I'm able to see that. Right now, I kind of feel like I'm in limbo land. I had my initial hCG drawn at 13DPO and it was 257. I wasn't able to get it drawn again because I was on vacation all last week so I will go again on Monday to do another draw. Then I'm having an u/s next week, I'll be between 6w - 7w so I'm looking forward to that.

I hope to see all of our babies born healthy in January!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#72 of 562 Old 05-17-2009, 03:18 AM

I got my blood test results today. The test was done on 31DPO and my hcg was 40,237 and progesterone was still 70!

I went to betabase.info and it says the average for 30DPO (highest I could see) is 14975 for singles and 30250 for twins. So, I'm thinking my #s are pretty good!

My u/s is on Friday morning so hopefully that's good news as well!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#73 of 562 Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
My last pregnancy was an ectopic in my right fallopian tube. We treated it nonsurgically & thought everything was taken care of and then my tube ruptured & I had to have emergency surgery to remove it. So, in addition to being at a higher risk for ectopic due to my previous c-section, I now am at an increased risk of having another ectopic because I have already had one. Since that pregnancy in 9/08, we have been TTC. So since it has taken 8 months to get pregnant, it seemed surreal that we even got a BFP. And now I still feel like it "isn't real" until I see a yolk sac implanted in my uterues with a heart beat. I think I will be put at alot of ease once I'm able to see that. Right now, I kind of feel like I'm in limbo land. I had my initial hCG drawn at 13DPO and it was 257. I wasn't able to get it drawn again because I was on vacation all last week so I will go again on Monday to do another draw. Then I'm having an u/s next week, I'll be between 6w - 7w so I'm looking forward to that.

I hope to see all of our babies born healthy in January!
Welcome to our group! So sorry to hear of your loss. I am concerned about ectopic pregnancy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
I got my blood test results today. The test was done on 31DPO and my hcg was 40,237 and progesterone was still 70!

I went to betabase.info and it says the average for 30DPO (highest I could see) is 14975 for singles and 30250 for twins. So, I'm thinking my #s are pretty good!

My u/s is on Friday morning so hopefully that's good news as well!
My u/s is Friday too! Sounds like a great beta!:

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#74 of 562 Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

double posting...

How is everyone doing today?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#75 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
double posting...

How is everyone doing today?
I guess this was technically asked yesterday, but since no one's answered, I'll answer for today... I think I'm doing fine. Rather nervous, because this morning I have my ultrasound. I'm still taking my temps every morning, and they've been pretty much the same for weeks. I had a very isolated spotting incident this weekend--by isolated, I mean there was just one time on the toilet when I saw something, and nothing since then. I hope that's nothing to worry about. Anyhow, in a few hours I should have a better idea how things are doing. I'll update when I know.

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

#76 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zejh View Post
I guess this was technically asked yesterday, but since no one's answered, I'll answer for today... I think I'm doing fine. Rather nervous, because this morning I have my ultrasound. I'm still taking my temps every morning, and they've been pretty much the same for weeks. I had a very isolated spotting incident this weekend--by isolated, I mean there was just one time on the toilet when I saw something, and nothing since then. I hope that's nothing to worry about. Anyhow, in a few hours I should have a better idea how things are doing. I'll update when I know.
Good luck today!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#77 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zejh View Post
Rather nervous, because this morning I have my ultrasound.... Anyhow, in a few hours I should have a better idea how things are doing. I'll update when I know.
I am sending you lots of good wishes for a perfect ultrasound! I can't wait to read your update when you return!

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#78 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 12:18 PM

I am feeling a bit nutty today. I find myself constantly assessing everything about the pregnancy. I am being managed by my Re and we had an ultrasound last Friday and saw a sac. We go back next tuesday to look for the heartbeat. I felt so scared even looking for the sac. The sight of unltrasound machines alone give me instant stress. It brings up all my bad ultrasound experiences and makes me feel so completely vulnerable.

I also find myself concerned about my symptoms. I constantly think maybe I am not tired enough, sick enough, etc. I compare old ulstrasound pictures with the new ones to see if it looks right, I dont even know what I am looking for. I am taking progesterone vaginally as my level was 15. They said that was okay but when I read posters with high levels I wonder...

Anyway I am becoming neurotic. I really want this bean. thanks for letting me vent.

Kerry

Kerry, happy wife to hubby Chad, mama to ds 6, Rainbow ds 2, and 4
#79 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 PM

And, so, an hour and a half of being probed, and... inconclusive. They weren't able to see anything for sure, so I'll be doing another set of hcg tests to see how that goes, and if those still are looking good, I'll have another ultrasound in maybe two weeks, and hopefully then there will be something to see. *sigh* (It's quite likely that my uterus has some hiding places, so I'm not necessarily worried... We'll see how the blood tests go.)

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

#80 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 03:09 PM

Oh Emily, how frustrating.

I'm soooooooooo tempted to go run beta numbers and do an ultrasound, but I'm holding out for now. If my midwife can't hear anything at our first appointment (probably 10-11 weeks), I'll think about it... or if I continue to have spotting issues...

I have spotted twice so far, and both times were after nursing Gianna for a large period of time. Nursing was causing uterine contractions and spotting, so I've made the decision to stop. It's hard, and I feel bad, but I have given her "Mah-milk" for the last 22 months, and it's time to be done. My poor girl.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#81 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Hi Ladies, may I join you?
I'm 20dpo, and alternate between being relaxed and confident - and utterly jumping out of my skin w/ anxiety. I lost my last preg (blighted ovum) at 7ish weeks. I had almost no symptoms last time, except for slight crampiness in the first few wks, and big, sore breasts. And so far, it's about the same, although I've convinced myself I've felt queasy a few times in the past couple days. I'm also much more weepy & sentimental, which I hope is a good hormone sign!

I'm going for a blood draw tomorrow, and again on monday, which I did not do last time. I'll probably go for an u/s at 7wks, but 1st OB appt isn't until the 8th. It feels like such a long time!

I'm so very glad to be here with all of you.
And sending you all as much comfort, peace, and sticky vibes as humanly possible!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#82 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM

What a tough decision Doula Clara, but don't worry - it will be for the best. And if all goes swell you will only have about an 8 months hiadus from nursing.

That is really frusterating Emily, After such a wonderful chart, I am sure there is something in there. But two weeks of waiting?! Yuck!

I am sicker than I have ever been today. EVER. I haven't run to the toilet yet, but there have been a couple close calls. But it still makes it worse ever because it is that never ending nasuea that is so hard to deal with. I think I have snapped at Alice more today than I ever have. Its a good thing she is understanding. Oh, how I love her.

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#83 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Emily- I'm sorry they didn't see anything.

doulaclara- Way to go for making it for 22 months!!

Welcome Becca!!!

Now, I am kinda worried that they won't see anything at my u/s on Friday. I will be 6 weeks 3 days.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#84 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Dea

Hi Mamas!
I'm a little bit in this thread too.
Luckily I've had no losses, but some mean infertility. I thought that this round was going to finish me off. Everything was getting harder and harder and I had no idea why it wasn't working. I was on horrid drugs and I had so many surgeries, so it should have all been perfect and work like clockwork, right?
Sigh, not so lucky though, but now I am!
I haven't read the thread but I'll go back and take a look when DD lets me.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#85 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM

So I got my beta back from yesterday (24DPO) and it was 15,236!!!!! This is actually starting to feel "real"!!!!!!!! I'm having an u/s on Friday afternoon to make sure the sac is implanted in my uterus.

#86 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 06:38 PM

Here I am again! Hello all!

I have had morning nausea the last couple of days - today's lasted well into the afternoon. Additionally getting up has been really bloody hard the last few days. Boobs have gone down somewhat and don't hurt much anymore, but they really didn't last time either.

Cramping and twinging has stopped as well, because I'm off my feet most of the day now - awesome! Lots of creamy CM though lol.

Stupid thing is, I'm sitting here going "where are my symptoms?" since last time I was pregnant - the last few days I can remember, I had this big belly! Of course, I can't feel my baby moving. It's too early! But still, here I sit wondering if there's really a bean in there or if it's all been some big mistake

Ah, tell me I'm not crazy...

*HUGS* XXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#87 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM

Emily- I'm sorry your scan today was inconclusive. I understand how frustrating that is. Two weeks....happy thoughts for a beating heart!

doulaclara- I hope your LO weans with ease. 22 months of mommy's milk is wonderful!

Payton Place-That beta is awesome!

Welcome Becca!!!

Nummies
-At 6 weeks 3 days, you will see something! Sending you lots of happy vibes for a little heart beat!

Jay-You are not crazy

Amy
Mommy to "The Fellas" 8, 5 and 2 8/08 1/09 3/09 "JingleBell" 1/10

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#88 of 562 Old 05-19-2009, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Amy! I am hoping you are right!

Jay- on the nausea, but it is a great sign!

Paytonplace- YAY! That is a great beta! WOOT!

Deadra- Welcome to the group. We also dealt with infertility and it is a rough road. Glad to have you here.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#89 of 562 Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM

Okay so I am having conflicting feelings regarding spreading the news about our pregnancy. After our ectopic, which resulted in a tramautizing emergency surgery, we were TTC for another 8 months when we got this BFP. DH & I were/are ecstatic to say the least.

One side of me feels: I want to keep this precious gift private between me, DH & DD and a few close friends until 10 - 12ish weeks when we hear a strong heartbeat. (even though I know there is never a perfectly safe zone) I feel like the people that I have told would provide the support I would like to have without feeling overwhelmed from so many people knowing. I kind of feel like if I did tell lots of people right now that I would feel exposed and vulnerable if we did have a loss.

The other side of me feels: thinking of keeping this secret for the reason of potentially not wanting to have to explain a loss is a major downer and puts a really pessimistic feeling on this pregnancy which is the exact opposite of how I feel. I want to celebrate the little life that is growing. I feel deceitful when I'm around really good friends or really close family members and I haven't told them. Also, if I hang out w/ any of my normal social circle they will definitely know something's up since I'm not downing a few glasses of wine.

Anyone else struggling w/ the decision to tell?

#90 of 562 Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post

Anyone else struggling w/ the decision to tell?
Yes! We never got around to telling my parents last time, since it was so early... And now, it's something that I wouldn't want to reveal over email, but I'm to afraid to tell over the phone... and I won't see my parents in person till probably July.

Emily

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page