January Mamas, Pregnant after Loss or Infertility - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carmen- : Wonderful news!!

I am sure you all saw my thread, but our ultrasound went great! We saw two, tiny hearts beating, so we are having Twins! Very excited and nervous!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#122 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Carmen- : Wonderful news!!

I am sure you all saw my thread, but our ultrasound went great! We saw two, tiny hearts beating, so we are having Twins! Very excited and nervous!
I had a feeling you were going to have twins! Congrats!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#123 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
wow, I'm late to this party. I'm due the end of Jan and just found out 2 days ago. Can't believe how many there are of us!
I'm not too excited about this pg, or maybe just not trying to. Basically, I hope to live in denial for a while longer. I don't plan on telling anyone till I start showing. My Dh was tramatized by my last 2 m/c, so even he won't find out for a while (though I can only imagine he will notice a change in my body sooner than most people) Funny, my dd noticed my boobs were bigger a week ago (even before I was late!).

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#124 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 11:08 AM

Congrats on all the heartbeats ladies!! : :
I don't have my u/s until June 4th....it seems like an eternity away!

Tanya - Lucky wife to dh & Mommy to dd M (5/02) ds1 C (9/05) ds2 A (1/10) &
#125 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 11:36 AM

We saw the heartbeat yesterday, I was exactly 6 weeks so I wasn't sure if we'd see anything. I'm SO relieved that the baby is implanted perfectly in my uterus. I still feel like keeping the pregnancy on the down-low for a few more weeks.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#126 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 02:59 PM

My first pregnancy with my kid has zero symptoms (other than almost fainting twice).
Second pregnancy (blighted ovum) had nada...then the u/s explained why.
Yesterday my breasts started really hurting and I practically jumped for joy! I have an u/s in 1.5 weeks and can.not.wait. to see something in there.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#127 of 562 Old 05-23-2009, 09:38 PM

i'm so happy to be joining in with so many of you that were wonderful and understanding during my miscarriage.

happy sticky dust for all

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#128 of 562 Old 05-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
Okay so I am having conflicting feelings regarding spreading the news about our pregnancy. After our ectopic, which resulted in a tramautizing emergency surgery, we were TTC for another 8 months when we got this BFP. DH & I were/are ecstatic to say the least.

One side of me feels: I want to keep this precious gift private between me, DH & DD and a few close friends until 10 - 12ish weeks when we hear a strong heartbeat. (even though I know there is never a perfectly safe zone) I feel like the people that I have told would provide the support I would like to have without feeling overwhelmed from so many people knowing. I kind of feel like if I did tell lots of people right now that I would feel exposed and vulnerable if we did have a loss.

The other side of me feels: thinking of keeping this secret for the reason of potentially not wanting to have to explain a loss is a major downer and puts a really pessimistic feeling on this pregnancy which is the exact opposite of how I feel. I want to celebrate the little life that is growing. I feel deceitful when I'm around really good friends or really close family members and I haven't told them. Also, if I hang out w/ any of my normal social circle they will definitely know something's up since I'm not downing a few glasses of wine.

Anyone else struggling w/ the decision to tell?
I am having this issue as well. With my last pregnacy I was showing really early (7 weeks) and i am having fears I will not be able to hide it for 2 more months. I have only told DH & 2 of my close friends besides my internet friends.

Another reason I am nervous to tell our family is we was advised to wait 3 months to TTC after our loss in March. We got pregnant after only 1 cycle later. So have this fear they will say "you should have waited"...if we tell them now.

Christie SAHM to DD~10/03, DS~4/06, & ~3/09 &
Arrived 1-14-10
#129 of 562 Old 05-25-2009, 03:48 PM

hey ladies, I wanted to get your take on this. I've been having full symptoms & very happy about it. This weekend we went to my hubby's family reunion and were really busy running around being with people, and non-stop eating (which tends to help my m/s). The last day I noticed I didn't really seem to feel very sick, just super bloated & gassy. Then this morning I didn't feel as sick as I usually would, so I POAS. The double lines came up right away, so I didn't look at the test in the usual time frame, but when I went to look at it an hour later, the test line wasn't as dark as the control line. Am I overanalyzing this? I'm wondering if I should call my m/w and ask for my hcg #'s to be run again... but I'm trying to not be a stress case... but you know how it is! I'm 8 weeks today, no spotting at all, just tripping on my symptoms. thanks!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#130 of 562 Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Regina- I think that is normal for symptoms to come and go. Mine do. But if you are worried, you should give your midwife a call.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#131 of 562 Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
We saw the heartbeat yesterday, I was exactly 6 weeks so I wasn't sure if we'd see anything. I'm SO relieved that the baby is implanted perfectly in my uterus. I still feel like keeping the pregnancy on the down-low for a few more weeks.
Yay! Congratulations

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#132 of 562 Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Hooray for heartbeats, PaytonPlace and Carmen : I am so happy for everybody!

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#133 of 562 Old 05-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Well, I had my ultrasound today and there was a heartbeat 117, which for a little over 6 weeks my Re said was fine. However he measured the gestational sac instead of the baby because he said it was hard to measure. I asked if the measurements were okay and he said yes, but commented that it was a little hard to measure? What does that mean. He is an Re. Anyway the researcher that i am got the measurements and the gestational sac seems a little small. It is supposed to be somewhere around 14cm at this point and I think mine is around 8. Also I think it should have grown much more than the last ultrasound which is was around 5. It should grow at a rate of 1mm per day and it doesnt seem mine has. I go back in 10 days but I feel like I am headed for another mc. I just dont feel like I can do it again. I dont know how to be optimistic anymore.

Kerry, happy wife to hubby Chad, mama to ds 6, Rainbow ds 2, and 4
#134 of 562 Old 05-26-2009, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybennysmama View Post
Well, I had my ultrasound today and there was a heartbeat 117, which for a little over 6 weeks my Re said was fine. However he measured the gestational sac instead of the baby because he said it was hard to measure. I asked if the measurements were okay and he said yes, but commented that it was a little hard to measure? What does that mean. He is an Re. Anyway the researcher that i am got the measurements and the gestational sac seems a little small. It is supposed to be somewhere around 14cm at this point and I think mine is around 8. Also I think it should have grown much more than the last ultrasound which is was around 5. It should grow at a rate of 1mm per day and it doesnt seem mine has. I go back in 10 days but I feel like I am headed for another mc. I just dont feel like I can do it again. I dont know how to be optimistic anymore.
My babies and sacs were hard to measure too, because they were so small. I wouldn't worry about that. I'm not sure about the sac size though. I am hoping that your little bean catches up.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#135 of 562 Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 PM

I agree with nummies, kerrybennysmama. Try and relax until the next u/s where things will be a lot easier to see Hang in there.

#136 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Hooray for your heartbeat! At our first u/s at 5w6d, our doctor did not measure anything either. At our second at 6w6d, he took 4 CRL measurements of baby and averaged them. It is so difficult to get accurate measurements on that snowy lil' dot on the screen! My baby measured 3 days behind and when I pressed my doctor on why and if it was an indicator of trouble, he insisted that u/s is +/- 4 days at this stage and the presence of a baby and a heartbeat are very reassuring.

I understand your fears, momma. I really do. I hope 10 days pass quickly and you see your growing baby on the screen and relief and joy flood your heart. I encourage you to talk to your baby, eat healthy foods and imagine them passing to and nourishing your baby, tell your baby how happy you are that he/she is growing everyday, love your baby every second of the day. That is all any of us with recurrent losses can do. Take each day as it comes and treasure the time we have.

Gentle hugs to you, momma.

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
#137 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMomma View Post

Another reason I am nervous to tell our family is we was advised to wait 3 months to TTC after our loss in March. We got pregnant after only 1 cycle later. So have this fear they will say "you should have waited"...if we tell them now.
If anyone gives you flack just tell them the guidline is only there for dating. And beside you are not the only on to have done that - I know lost of people! Me included!!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#138 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 03:28 PM

Thanks ladies for your hope and optimism. I have decided to go back in on Friday for another ultrasound. I think that I will ask more directly about the measurements and hopefully understand what is going on. I feel like they are in the room all of 4 minutes becasue they have a line out the door and rush me through my questions. I am hoping things look good but everytime I am in this situation the outcome always seems to be negative. If this baby doesnt make it, I just dont know how I am going to do it. I just had a D&C for a suprise pregnancy early last month. I will let you know what happens.

Kerry, happy wife to hubby Chad, mama to ds 6, Rainbow ds 2, and 4
#139 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks ladies for your hope and optimism. I have decided to go back in on Friday for another ultrasound. I think that I will ask more directly about the measurements and hopefully understand what is going on. I feel like they are in the room all of 4 minutes becasue they have a line out the door and rush me through my questions. I am hoping things look good but everytime I am in this situation the outcome always seems to be negative. If this baby doesnt make it, I just dont know how I am going to do it. I just had a D&C for a suprise pregnancy early last month. I will let you know what happens.
I hope that everything goes wonderfully on Friday. Don't let them rush you! Say, "I know that you are very busy, but this baby is very important to me. I need some questions answered."

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#140 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM

I had my first look at the worm yesterday. We're at 7 weeks 4 days (or so), although the measurements that the OB took were showing 7w 1d. (not that I'm worried, it's easy to be off by a few days) We saw the nice round yolk sack, little worm with limb buds, a nice steady heartbeat flicker and even some movement! ::: I am overwhelmed, but hopeful! Nice to finally meet the source of my current misery.

sleepytime.gif
#141 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM

: Marina!

kerrybennysmama Be assertive! Lots of love coming your way.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#142 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

YAY Marina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#143 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Marina that is so exciting! Congrats!

#144 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 PM

Hooray for your baby, Marina :

Nummies, I love your advice to kerrybennysmama. Very firmly but sweetly put. I am always amazed by providers' lack of understanding of how their patients feel.

I had another appointment today and we heard JingleBell's heartbeat with the Doppler! At 7w5d! It was the woosh-woosh-woosh I remember from all of my healthy babies' appointments. I was thrilled! So thrilled, in fact, I passed on the ultrasound. It felt really good to be like a normal pregnant momma. I heard my baby, asked a few questions and sauntered out the door. Awesome day!

Amy

#145 of 562 Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Amy- YAY!!! I just got goosebumps!! I can't wait to hear that sound! That is so amazing that they could hear it so soon!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#146 of 562 Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 AM

Marina!!!: what wonderful news So happy to hear about your little occupant!

Amy, that totally is awesome that you heard the hb so soon on doppler! It gives me hope we can hear something at the 10 week appointment... which is getting closer, I can't believe it!

kerrybennysmama, I hope you get a nice compassionate doc next time, and the best answer of all: happy healthy bean in there!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#147 of 562 Old 05-28-2009, 09:43 AM

Amy I am so shocked you hear the heartbeat on the doppler so soon! Makes me want to run to my midwifs office right now and not wait until July!!

#148 of 562 Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Hope everyone is doing well today!

I have my first midwife appointment today! I am so excited to see them again! We met for a preconception visit and they are just awesome! Good thing I have the appointment today, because I have a million questions to ask!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#149 of 562 Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 AM

guess i be joining this little group

iv had loss and infertility

got pregnant 5 and half years ago, (unplanned) found out i was pregnant and lost had misscarrige on the same day, was a very traumatic day for us

we decided soon after to start TTC and have been trying ever since,
we did 3 years without going to any doctors becasue i was young and we hoped it happen natuarly
then we got put on waiting list to see the infertility doctor
finally saw him he did some tests to see if i was ovulating and to check my tubes where not blocked, which all came back clear he told me following month he was going to start us on Clomid, and we where put on the IVF waiting list which in my area is 3 years long,

went back following month for the Clomid and then he said hed changed his mind and said i was to big to be given the drug and to go away and lose a stone,

was really upset as we had got our hopes up, so went away to lose the weight, but so stressed i think i only lost about a tiny little bit
and then week before i was due to see him again i realised i hadn't had a period that month and my boobs where getting huge so on the off chance took a test fully expecting it to be another negative result

and it was positive

so was a bit of a shock but a happy shock

Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#150 of 562 Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
I had my first look at the worm yesterday. We're at 7 weeks 4 days (or so), although the measurements that the OB took were showing 7w 1d. (not that I'm worried, it's easy to be off by a few days) We saw the nice round yolk sack, little worm with limb buds, a nice steady heartbeat flicker and even some movement! ::: I am overwhelmed, but hopeful! Nice to finally meet the source of my current misery.
Congratulations!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page