January Mamas, Pregnant after Loss or Infertility - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone interested in a little support thread? I know that a lot of us here have had a rough road. I fall into both of these catagories and could really use some support and understanding.

Anyone else want to join in?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
 
ekblad9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Just a slingin'
Posts: 8,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sure, I'm in. I'm so blessed that I haven't suffered from infertility but I have had one very early miscarriage, lost one twin (sixth pregnancy the other baby was born fine), and most recently lost twins in February. I'm a wreck about this pregnancy. I really am. I'm trying to let go but I'm finding myself very detached from the baby and the pregnancy. I'm making NO plans at all. I can't even think of names even though we've had names since before I was pregnant last time. I just can't attach a name to a baby that may not be mine in this world. I'm just trudging along trying to live day by day. I know (unfortuantely) that lots of you have more experience than I do. I say unfortunately because I am so sorry for your losses and pain. I have gleaned so much information and love from you all throughout the last few months. I don't know what I would have done without the pregnancy loss boards. Anyway....

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

ekblad9 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm a wreck about this pregnancy. I really am. I'm trying to let go but I'm finding myself very detached from the baby and the pregnancy. I'm making NO plans at all. I can't even think of names even though we've had names since before I was pregnant last time. I just can't attach a name to a baby that may not be mine in this world. I'm just trudging along trying to live day by day.
This is me exactly. I am trying so hard to put on a brave face but I am just plain scared! I am really trying to enjoy every second of this pregnancy, but it is hard.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
 
RoseRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love to join!

I had a 12 week miscarriage in february. Its weird because with that pregnancy I had a feeling that something was wrong and that everything was a little too surreal to be happening. This time around I don't have that feeling. That is a very good comfort.

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

RoseRed is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
 
zejh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston-ish
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my second pregnancy, but the first one only lasted 6 or 7 weeks (depending on how you date it, etc...) and, yeah, I'm nervous... I had the second HCG blood draw today--the other was Friday. If those numbers look good, I think I'll relax a bit, and I'll relax even more when I've seen a heartbeat... I'm already several days past when I started spotting last time, so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic... (I'll admit, though, I'm still taking my temperature every morning, and it has kind of been a cloud hanging over my head today that my temp was down a bit this morning, though I keep telling myself it probably had more to do with sleeping with the window open when it was on the chilly side last night... Still...

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

zejh is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
 
ekblad9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Just a slingin'
Posts: 8,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OT - Mandie - I love your blog! Beautiful! I have that Widget baby ticker on my blog too

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

ekblad9 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Bec and Emily!

Bec- That does sound like a comforting feeling.

Emily- I know what you mean about the temping. In some ways it is comforting, but in other ways any change in temp is scary!

Amy- Thank you!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
 
makeminepink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While I never lost a baby I suffer from unexplained anovulation and tried for 15 months before getting my BFP and it still does not feel all that real and I am a little detached. I am trying to live in the moment, but inside I am quite scared. We were taking a break, I was not temping, not doing OPKs and really not thinking about having a baby for the first time in 15 months. Well, I ovulated naturally and conceived! But now, I am a nervous wreck.

Here is my backstory:
I don't ovulate on my own ( I always had long cycles but had no idea I was not ovulating) and went through 5 rounds of Clomid. Each cycle I did ovulate, but it always ended in BFN. Our next step was IUI but I always felt IVF would be the only way. I had my HSG on April 9 and was waiting for my insurance company to give the OK for IUI in May or June. On April 19 I had EWCM and thought, "I think I am ovulating!?" I took an OPK to satisfy my curiosity and sure enough, it was positive.

So I had two miracles happen last month, I ovulated and conceived! I think the HSG might have helped with clearing my tubes, but how did I ovulate?

I just want to hold on to my little miracle and hold on to hope.
makeminepink is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post
While I never lost a baby I suffer from unexplained anovulation and tried for 15 months before getting my BFP and it still does not feel all that real and I am a little detached. I am trying to live in the moment, but inside I am quite scared. We were taking a break, I was not temping, not doing OPKs and really not thinking about having a baby for the first time in 15 months. Well, I ovulated naturally and conceived! But now, I am a nervous wreck.

Here is my backstory:
I don't ovulate on my own ( I always had long cycles but had no idea I was not ovulating) and went through 5 rounds of Clomid. Each cycle I did ovulate, but it always ended in BFN. Our next step was IUI but I always felt IVF would be the only way. I had my HSG on April 9 and was waiting for my insurance company to give the OK for IUI in May or June. On April 19 I had EWCM and thought, "I think I am ovulating!?" I took an OPK to satisfy my curiosity and sure enough, it was positive.

So I had two miracles happen last month, I ovulated and conceived! I think the HSG might have helped with clearing my tubes, but how did I ovulate?

I just want to hold on to my little miracle and hold on to hope.
It took us 15 months to concieve too.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 04:56 PM
 
UmmAbduRahman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
I would love to join!

I had a 12 week miscarriage in february. Its weird because with that pregnancy I had a feeling that something was wrong and that everything was a little too surreal to be happening. This time around I don't have that feeling. That is a very good comfort.
I had a blighted ovum come out in February and I also didn't feel quite "pregnant" with that pregnancy. I did not really get the usual symptoms.

I just tested positive at home at the end of last week. I'm already more hungry (still breastfeeding 21-month-old DD, so that adds to it) and the fatigue is starting.

I am hopeful, but after a miscarriage, I think it's hard to get your hopes up until at least the three month mark.

This time we're not telling tons of people like we did last time. I'll probably wait until closer to three months for that (except for my parents and best friend)

Best wishes, everybody!

Wife, childbirth educator and homeschooling mama to DS 6/05, DD 8/07, DS 6/10 and new baby July/Aug 2012.

 

UmmAbduRahman is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
 
marinak1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in! I went off BC (mirena) over 3 years ago, practiced avoidance (sorta) for about a year, then decided to just let it happen, then started to actually look for O (I think it was january of last year) - nothing!!! It turned out both DH and I had fertility issues, so we changed our diet, started taking supplements and charting (I totally credit the charting, as I think i was totally clueless as to what my fertile days were) and got our first BFP in february. It felt so unreal, but unfortunately just as I found out the pregnancy was already finishing and I miscarried a few days later. It felt like a fluke, and my body felt so broken, but after we waited a month we tried again and I'm here!!! : I feel a lot better now that I know that my hCG is doubling nicely, and we made it past the time of the first loss. However, I am still paranoid a bit. I'm debating whether I want to do an early u/s (my OB scheduled me for 7+ weeks) or whether I'm OK waiting. On one hand, there are some potential costs to the U/S, and it is expensive (my insurance only covers 1 U/S I think), on the other hand effects of the U/S are probably way less dangerous than the effects of the pregnant mom constantly stressing. So... not sure on it here. : Does anyone know how much a U/S costs on average?

I'm really glad to have this support thread!

 sleepytime.gif
marinak1977 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
Does anyone know how much a U/S costs on average?

I'm really glad to have this support thread!
My ultrasounds cost around $250-300.

So glad to have you here!

Got my last beta drawn today, 7,059! Yeah, that is double what it was with my son at this stage. I am pretty sure that both of those eggs fertilized and we are looking at twins. I'm nervous!!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
 
marinak1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mandie, thank you for the thread! I am so glad that your hCG levels are so good!!!! : for a happy healthy pair of squishy babies.

As for the ultrasound, $300 is much better than I feared. DH really wants to see the heartbeat (I think he is stressing as well, and having something to look forward to is helpful for him) I'll see what I feel like closer to the date.

 sleepytime.gif
marinak1977 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
 
carmen358's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The beautiful west coast of Canada!
Posts: 3,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for starting this thread!

I had two m/c last year. One at almost 10wks and one at 5wks. I had spotting/cramping with the first pregnancy but saw a healthy heartbeat at 8wks so relaxed. So much for that! However, I do know that seeing the h/b at 8wks does lower your chances of m/c so I don't want to scare anyone.

I'm surprisingly happy and not nearly as stressed as I thought I would be. I really do attribute part of that to weekly acupuncture treatments. They have really balanced my out physically and emotionally. So mostly I'm over the moon excited....with a small pit in my stomach where every once in awhile my fear comes bounding out and floods me. I really want to be happy for right now though...no matter what happens....hard to do, I know.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
carmen358 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
 
jtrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I "recognize" several of you from the pregnancy and birth loss forum. It has been a tremendous support for me in the last year.

We have three living children, boys aged 8, 4 and 2, and I am pregnant for the fourth time in 11 months after three consecutive miscarriages. I am taking heparin injections twice a day, baby ASA, Zervalx and Prometrium. Our first three births were with our wonderful midwife so this medicalized route is new to us.

Our first ultrasound is Thursday and I have found myself reading all the babyloss blogs today and crying. I guess I want to make sure I have a familiar place to go if we get bad news on Thursday. I hope with all my heart that JingleBell is alive in here. I look forward to getting to know you all as we turn a new page in this book.

_____________________________________
Amy
Mommy to J- '00, T- '04 and R- '06
8/08 1/09 3/09
"JingleBell" expected 1-08-2010

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
jtrt is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
 
marinak1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amy, I'm crossing my fingers and toes so that you get some good news this thursday.

 sleepytime.gif
marinak1977 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
 
jtrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=marinak1977;13746845]I Does anyone know how much a U/S costs on average?/QUOTE]

I had an u/s at the White Rose Crisis Pregnancy Center here in Dallas in March for an $85 "donation." I found about the clinic through a friend on my homebirth group. It was wonderful to have an affordable alternative to see our baby in between doctor's visits. Perhaps you could call around in your area to see if there are any such pregnancy centers in your area?

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
jtrt is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:06 PM
 
DoulaClara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SE MI
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Loads of hugs to all mamas. Pregnancy after loss is very nerve wracking. I lost my first baby in 2000, had Gianna in 2007, and lost my third baby in February (at 12 weeks). I range from scared to confident, and sometimes feel numb. I did decide a couple of days ago that I will embrace the baby as it is now- I am pregnant right now, and I will try to enjoy that. I want this baby to grow and survive and thrive, and be in my arms next January, but it's just so far ahead.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
DoulaClara is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
 
ekblad9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Just a slingin'
Posts: 8,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
See, here we go. I was sick, sick, sick Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. and yesterday. Today, nothing. I'm completely tired but I haven't been drinking my coffee so that may be why I'm so tired. I wouldn't say I have *no* pregnancy symptoms but I had symptoms (and was even really sick) when I had my miscarriage. So, while I'm grateful I'm not puking I'm worried too....Oy!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

ekblad9 is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
 
kerrybennysmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its nice to see there is a lot of support here. I am pregnant for the 6th time, 3 losses, 2006, 2007 and April 2009. I got pregnant 3 weeks after my D & C in April and am a nervous wreck. I had about 2 years of infertility after my very first loss and even had fertility treatment. This year I have managed to get pregnant twice on my own. The fertility center has agreed to monitor me with this pregnancy, which is a huge relief because I dont have to wait days for bloodwork and they do 3 early ultrasounds. I have my first this friday to simply look for the sac so I am not too nervous about that one. Two of my losses were chromosomal so I am really hoping the sperm and egg are getting it right this time. I feel so emotionally vulnerable and trying to take it one day at a time. I get nervous between 7-10 weeks as that always seems to be the critical point for me. I am really hoping for a happy ending this time. I wish all of you ladies luck and know how brave you are for having the courage to do "this" again.
looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Kerry, happy wife to hubby Chad, mama to ds 6, Rainbow ds 2, and 4
kerrybennysmama is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
 
Kidzaplenty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Writing my Happily Ever After
Posts: 15,078
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will join. I am having a hard time, myself, accepting that this is really true. I have had a second tri loss due to tristomy issues and a six week loss in January.

On top of that, I have had the "privilage" of getting Pre-E/HELLPS with my last birth, and having to deal with some of those issues already.

Makes this pgcy a bit strained. And it has only begun!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Kidzaplenty is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 PM
 
RoseRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Welcome Bec and Emily!

Bec- That does sound like a comforting feeling.

Emily- I know what you mean about the temping. In some ways it is comforting, but in other ways any change in temp is scary!

Amy- Thank you!
I still temp in the morning too - I don't write it down. In some ways I just want to see that number above my cover line lol

And I have that widget to! It is the best I have ever seen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
It turned out both DH and I had fertility issues, so we changed our diet, started taking supplements and charting (I totally credit the charting, as I think i was totally clueless as to what my fertile days were) and got our first BFP in february.

I'm really glad to have this support thread!
I credit charting to everything as well. It is such a help to know what your body is doing, sometimes it a worry. But for me it was nice to know that LP was just long enough. I am still taking stuff to help 'just in case' but being able to count to ten is a wonderful feeling lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaClara View Post
Loads of hugs to all mamas. Pregnancy after loss is very nerve wracking. I lost my first baby in 2000, had Gianna in 2007, and lost my third baby in February (at 12 weeks). I range from scared to confident, and sometimes feel numb. I did decide a couple of days ago that I will embrace the baby as it is now- I am pregnant right now, and I will try to enjoy that. I want this baby to grow and survive and thrive, and be in my arms next January, but it's just so far ahead.
Clara, I think we were in the August 2009 DDC together. Were we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post
See, here we go. I was sick, sick, sick Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. and yesterday. Today, nothing. I'm completely tired but I haven't been drinking my coffee so that may be why I'm so tired. I wouldn't say I have *no* pregnancy symptoms but I had symptoms (and was even really sick) when I had my miscarriage. So, while I'm grateful I'm not puking I'm worried too....Oy!

I can even break mine down to hours. If I am sick one hour but not the next I freak out that something is wrong. In some ways I really really want not to be able to hold anything down - than at least I feel a little bit better lol

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

RoseRed is offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
 
welldone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: on our little fledgling farm
Posts: 1,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm sorry to see that so many of us have experienced loss, but glad to have the support.

we lost our baby winter on new year's day this year, one day before 12 weeks. it was devastating, especially for the children. the whole winter was difficult, as right after that, my husband got a herniated disc. springtime has finally cut through the fog, and with the garden, the chickens, the woods leafing out, and a new pregnancy, i'm daring to be hopeful.

i'm *trying* to enjoy this pregnancy for as long as it lasts, and pray that it ends with a healthy baby in january. i'm terrified to tell my children, as it broke my eldest's heart when we lost winter. but i also really want the prayers and support of my friends and family, and i can't really get that unless the pregnancy is out in the open. are the rest of you with olders telling your children?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

welldone is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 AM
 
SamuraiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: asleep on big laundry MT.
Posts: 1,501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for starting this thread. It is really early, and I have know for less than a week, and though we did not *want* to be pregnant again, I have become attached and I'm starting to worry. You know, not tired enough, not hungry enough. Though I just ate a huge falafel dinner and I am hungry again! My first and 5th pregnancies were B/O's, but my 6th was a a second trimester loss, and we never found out why he passed. So I now I am worried. I feel its a curse to know so soon, why couldn't I have been blissfully unaware for the first 4 or 5 months? I have not told my dc's, or the IL's. I have told my family and friends who are supportive. But I really don't want to have to "un-tell" the kids, G-d forbid. I am really glad for this support thread, thank you again.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         
 
SamuraiMom is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
 
DoulaClara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SE MI
Posts: 1,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bec, yeah we were! I was due Aug 22. I didn't post about my loss on the board in general, I just updated the due date list, I think.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
DoulaClara is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
 
nummies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a state of love
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post
See, here we go. I was sick, sick, sick Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. and yesterday. Today, nothing. I'm completely tired but I haven't been drinking my coffee so that may be why I'm so tired. I wouldn't say I have *no* pregnancy symptoms but I had symptoms (and was even really sick) when I had my miscarriage. So, while I'm grateful I'm not puking I'm worried too....Oy!
I know how you feel. I haven't been really sick yet and it is making me worry. Granted I am so tired all the time, but still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrybennysmama View Post
Its nice to see there is a lot of support here. I am pregnant for the 6th time, 3 losses, 2006, 2007 and April 2009. I got pregnant 3 weeks after my D & C in April and am a nervous wreck. I had about 2 years of infertility after my very first loss and even had fertility treatment. This year I have managed to get pregnant twice on my own. The fertility center has agreed to monitor me with this pregnancy, which is a huge relief because I dont have to wait days for bloodwork and they do 3 early ultrasounds. I have my first this friday to simply look for the sac so I am not too nervous about that one. Two of my losses were chromosomal so I am really hoping the sperm and egg are getting it right this time. I feel so emotionally vulnerable and trying to take it one day at a time. I get nervous between 7-10 weeks as that always seems to be the critical point for me. I am really hoping for a happy ending this time. I wish all of you ladies luck and know how brave you are for having the courage to do "this" again.
looking forward to getting to know all of you.
I'm so sorry for your losses. I'm glad you are here now with us. I'm glad the fertility center will be monitoring you this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I will join. I am having a hard time, myself, accepting that this is really true. I have had a second tri loss due to tristomy issues and a six week loss in January.

On top of that, I have had the "privilage" of getting Pre-E/HELLPS with my last birth, and having to deal with some of those issues already.

Makes this pgcy a bit strained. And it has only begun!
You have had a rough road mama. Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldone View Post
i'm sorry to see that so many of us have experienced loss, but glad to have the support.

we lost our baby winter on new year's day this year, one day before 12 weeks. it was devastating, especially for the children. the whole winter was difficult, as right after that, my husband got a herniated disc. springtime has finally cut through the fog, and with the garden, the chickens, the woods leafing out, and a new pregnancy, i'm daring to be hopeful.

i'm *trying* to enjoy this pregnancy for as long as it lasts, and pray that it ends with a healthy baby in january. i'm terrified to tell my children, as it broke my eldest's heart when we lost winter. but i also really want the prayers and support of my friends and family, and i can't really get that unless the pregnancy is out in the open. are the rest of you with olders telling your children?
My child is only 2 (today!) so I don't really have any advice. I just wanted to offer some That must have been really rough to see your other kids so upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiMom View Post
Thank you for starting this thread. It is really early, and I have know for less than a week, and though we did not *want* to be pregnant again, I have become attached and I'm starting to worry. You know, not tired enough, not hungry enough. Though I just ate a huge falafel dinner and I am hungry again! My first and 5th pregnancies were B/O's, but my 6th was a a second trimester loss, and we never found out why he passed. So I now I am worried. I feel its a curse to know so soon, why couldn't I have been blissfully unaware for the first 4 or 5 months? I have not told my dc's, or the IL's. I have told my family and friends who are supportive. But I really don't want to have to "un-tell" the kids, G-d forbid. I am really glad for this support thread, thank you again.
You're welcome. I'm sorry you have to be here, but glad to have the support.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
nummies is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 PM
 
zejh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston-ish
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, today should be the day that I hear back about the two HCG blood draws. The last time, I was fairly certain I was miscarrying by the time I got the blood draws. Hopefully this time it's good news... My temp was back up this morning--I think yesterday was just a fluke of sleeping with the window open on a cool night. (the temp was still way above the cover-line, just, well...)

If the HCG results look good, I'll be ready to tell my mom--right now, IRL, only my husband and the people at the doctor's office know anything. I'll wait a little longer to tell people besides my mom--she's good at being discrete, anyway. (dh's mom is another story. Let's just say I have a strong candidate for worst-mil award...)

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

zejh is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
 
ekblad9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Just a slingin'
Posts: 8,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck with the hcg results!! And I'll rival you for worst MIL,LOL. Mine absolutely HATES me with a passion and has tried to turn my dh and my oldest son against me (ha, nice try, LOL). We don't even tell her we're expecting anymore. She doesn't acknowledge the babies anyway. She just sends us ads for birth control devices as if we're idiots and don't know abou them already, LOL. Just not our thing. Anyway....

I'm still not really sick again today. I'm tempted to eat something that I know will make me sick, LOL, but then I'd be sick and have to deal with the kids and our activities today so...I won't do that, LOL.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

ekblad9 is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM
 
MiracleMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm glad to see this thread. I've been reluctant to join in and introduce myself in this forum, simply because I am so scared. I have 2 healthy amazing kids and have had 2 losses - one in between them (8 weeks), and one this past Nov. (blighted ovum).
I only found out last Wed./Thurs. and it's only starting to sink in today. I find myself fantasizing about holding a baby in Jan, then suddenly stop myself because it's so early and i'm so afraid of getting attached to this little one. But that's already happened, I'm already attached and so scared of another loss.
I don't know how to manage this fear. I don't know how to think positively, yet not get my hopes up.

Tanya - Lucky wife to dh & Mommy to dd M (5/02) ds1 C (9/05) ds2 A (1/10) &
MiracleMama is offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
 
carmen358's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The beautiful west coast of Canada!
Posts: 3,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleMama View Post
I'm glad to see this thread. I've been reluctant to join in and introduce myself in this forum, simply because I am so scared. I have 2 healthy amazing kids and have had 2 losses - one in between them (8 weeks), and one this past Nov. (blighted ovum).
I only found out last Wed./Thurs. and it's only starting to sink in today. I find myself fantasizing about holding a baby in Jan, then suddenly stop myself because it's so early and i'm so afraid of getting attached to this little one. But that's already happened, I'm already attached and so scared of another loss.
I don't know how to manage this fear. I don't know how to think positively, yet not get my hopes up.


Try to remember that there is just as good a chance (if not better) that this pregnancy will be wonderful and smooth. We all know there is a chance of m/c and because we're scared we focus on that. But really, if you look at it logically, there is absolutely no reason why it won't be fine! Instead of focusing on the chance that it won't work out, focus on the chance that it will work out Sound simple right?! I also find it helpful to remember to welcome the little bean and try and be as calm as possible to create a nice environment in my body.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
carmen358 is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off