Anyone not planning any ultrasounds? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't decided yet if we'll get a US. IF we do, it won't be more than 1, in the second half of the pregnancy...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Dea

I know I will have several. I feel that are needed, maybe not for everyone but for me they are.
With DD I should have had more, it would have prevented a horrible birth and her ending up in the NICU have having a seizure.
Also DH had a heart defect, which we found out is genetic, not from him being early as MIL claims. (he was 2 weeks "early") so we need to know about that too.
I won't have any 3D or 4D though, and I try to avoid doppler though. The waves from a doppler are more intense 'cause they're steady whereas with an ultrasound they are intermittent. Trixie would fight to get away from the doppler. I hated that I had to be continually monitored when I was in labour with her, poor baby, everything else was going on and that!

Anyhow that's my take on it. How fun that we have such a variety of opinions and plans for them!

Oh I do plan to HBAC if I am pregnant with twins or less. (which I should be, but there were 7 eggs and an IUI)

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#33 of 33 Old 05-27-2009, 03:30 PM

I will have three, that is the standard paid by all (mandadory) health insurances in Germany.
One to check if the baby is well in the uterus and the other two to check if there are any problems.
I will not have any other checks done (genetic testing for example.)
To go without any u/s - I think I would be too nervous.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page