Weekly Chat May 24 - May 30 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Saw the old thread had expired, sorry to be a few days late with this one.

I don't know where RoseRed got her cool information regarding weekly gestational milestones, so I'll just leave that out for now.

Feeling okay - not as tired or nauseous as I was last week.
Took my first belly pic last Friday. Interviewing midwives this week and next.

How are you doing?

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#2 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 03:05 PM

7 weeks today.

Feeling very crummy. Pretty sick most of the time and soooo tired.

Other than that doing ok.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#3 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 03:07 PM

Still no real symptoms - except exhaustion, but that's due to cancer/metobolism and not pg. Waiting to hear back from my OB regarding last week's blood draw so I can call my Endo and get in to see him.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM

I think I'm a little over 5 weeks now and I'm just feeling really blah. Semi-nauseous, a little light headed, pretty tired. Standing for long periods of time is exhausting and I'm huge with bloat by the end of the day.

I've got my first appt. with my MW (same one I used for DD) tomorrow. Mainly just to check my iron since it got really low last time (I hemmoraged) and I started this pregnancy off by fainting. She's also going to do a pelvic exam to see if she can give me a better idea of what week I'm in (4,5, or 6)

student momma to two great girls

#5 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 04:13 PM

I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Other than sore boobs and being obsessed with the general topic of pregnancy, I don't have many symptoms - yet. I had HCG levels done last week, and they looked OK. I also have an u/s scheduled for next Monday. I'm really hoping to see a heartbeat. I know that's no guarantee that all will be well, but I think I'll feel much less anxious after I see some "proof"!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#6 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 04:37 PM

I am a little over 6 weeks and feeling ok, surprisingly. I am tired but I usually have low levels of energy due to thyroid/genetics/general laziness. I have been a little crabby but it comes and goes. I seem to be really lucky in the sense that my symptoms hit me really really hard - at about 9 at night. I don't know why that is but that's when I get nauseous, my boobs kill me, I am super bloated and crabby - and I can just get into bed and sleep. So that's lucky. The rest of the day I feel ok for the most part. I am trying to decide on an OB/midwife. We are having a rural birth and I can't decide which direction to drive 100 miles to deliver. Wish I could have a home birth but not in the cards for me. Good luck to all the beautiful mamas here.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#7 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM

I am 7+ wks. Feeling fine, other than tired.

Time seems to be going by so slowly. Although I know that will change shortly.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#8 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm only four weeks. Took a look at my calendar and realized I had the dates wrong. Due date is Jan. 31, not the 26th. Oops. Just barely in this month at all. Very excited though. I've had a little heartburn, but mostly I'm still just euphoric that I'm pregnant. Need to cancel my dentist appointment. I had been without dental insurance for a while and apparently during that time I went from never having had a cavity to nine cavities. Yikes. I hope I can wait until after the birth to have my teeth fixed - otherwise, I'll just wait until the second trimester.

Anyone else's partner in a trade union and planning a homebirth? I'm *so* confused about how the insurance works. DP is supposed to call them - when our phones start working again. Then I'll start interviewing midwives. We're still thinking about an "oops" UC, but I'm worried about the ethics of that.

Otherwise I'm working on trying to hunt down a copy of Adventures in Tandem Nursing and Susan Weed's book on herbs for the childbearing year. Seeing if I can get a decently priced used copy of Hypnobabies. Haven't told anyone other than DP about it yet since I'm so early. Nervous about telling my parents, and I want them to be the first to know. But I'm so obsessed right now. Which is why I'm so chatty.
#9 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
7 weeks today.

Feeling very crummy. Pretty sick most of the time and soooo tired.

Other than that doing ok.
Ditto. Plus, achy hips and lower back. I didn't feel this achy last time until the third trimester, so huh. The lower back stuff keeps freaking me out, but I think it's the couch.
AfricanQueen99- Hope you get in soon!

remijo- Late AM to mid-afternoon, and then late at night is when my symptoms are extreme! I'm still glad for huge symptoms.

Time to lie down.

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#10 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM

I am so happy that I feel so terrible! Very nauseous all the time and tired. But thankful

I am feeling like time is going very slowly! This pg is right after a 10wk m/c and I just want to get to a point that feels safe! I'm not buying baby gear or getting the room ready or anything...but I am concentrating on my health and wellness! I got out my Herbal for the Childbearing Year book like pp mentioned and I'm recalling some of the teas I liked last time around

`Lorissa
Mama to ds 5, and a brand new Christmas Day baby 2009!
#11 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 05:03 PM

I'm 5w today, feel like there is still such a long way to go! I'm not feeling sick, just a little tired. I guess that's better than puking my guts out every morning.
I have several midwife interviews lined up for the next few weeks. Also trying to plan a few summer getaways.
#12 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM

Im feeling nauseated pretty much ALL the time. I am also completely exhaused. Also, I dont know if its normal this early (7 or so weeks) but Im having a lot of round ligament pain which didnt start until 2 trimester last time. Im starting to wonder if my dates are correct but I cant imagine how they arent (DH has been going on a lot of military TDYs so Im pretty certain when I got prego) Im also meeting my midwife on Thursday so I have to work up the energy to get my apt clean!
#13 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Time seems to be going by so slowly. Although I know that will change shortly.
I dunno if it's chasing after another baby, stress, or what but time is really...taking...a long... time... to pass. And jenny, you have, what 10 kids? I dunno how you do it.

I think I'm about 7+ weeks along...

#14 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 PM

I am about 8 1/2 weeks and I can hardly believe it. Time seems to go so slow when you feel cruddy. The last few days seem better but we also went grocery shopping and stocked up on things that sound good to me so that helps. I am still really tired and my nipples hurt so bad I am ready to wean the nursling but am trying to hold out until his 2nd bday at the end of june. I really want to hit the 2 year mark.

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(7) and Alex (4), Elizabeth (21 months) and due with #4 mid june

#15 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM

hi there,

7wks, 4days here....and I hear what you are saying about time passing slowly.

*YAWN*

I'm so tired, and my house & cooking are suffering.

oh, and I had an app't with the perinatologist today. It was largely reassuring. He said I don't need an amnio unless the prior tests indicate it would be a good idea (for purposes of clarification). So, more bloodwork & ultrasounds, but hopefully that's as invasive as it gets.

he also made a cute comment about "wow, wasn't THAT quick" when he was looking at the 9mo, and the 2.5yo! Yep, who knew that we would get pregnant so quickly and so easily again!

cheers,
charlene
#16 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 PM

9wks1day and pretty tired. Other than that I'm OK. When I start to get REALLY tired then I get pretty sickly. But other than that I just have to eat ALOT! I'm starving all of the time, LOL. If I don't eat right before bed then I have to eat in the middle of the night. I look like I'm about five months pregnant already, too, LOL. I've seen the baby on ultra sound a few times and things look great. : I'm anxious to get out of the first trimester and feel the baby moving. Although I haven't felt movement with the last few for about 18 - 20 wks or so.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#17 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 PM

well im just over 6 weeks but i feel sick all time enough that i can't work
and exhasted
and i have to pee constantly!
boobs are sore
and im exhasted

i also have lower back pain and hip pain but i didn't think that was cos i was pregnant

Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#18 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 PM

Just over 6 weeks here and very tired off and on. A little nauseous off and on and hoping it doesn't get any worse. It does seem like time is dragging, and I really can't wait until I am atleast 10 weeks. That's must first appt. Meanwhile, the other four are keeping me very busy. I can't wait to tell everyone!
#19 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM

I'm very nauseaous all day long pretty much. Eating helps, as does b12, but not for long. I keep having scary thoughts like it may be twins.....we won't go there(no offense to the twin mamas who already know!) I just don't know how I would survive.....

I get pretty bloated lately by midday. I no longer want coffee which sucks because I like drinking it. I may try to have a cup here soon....

I try to keep busy with little breaks in between.l I am getting over a bad flu so I am feeling bad lately-worse than I was before. I am wondering if I am sicker because I am having a girl?

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#20 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 PM

5 weeks. So, I fear it will get worse...

Anyone else feel very faint? I am lightheaded all the time. Even when I lay down...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#21 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 10:26 PM

I just did a google search to get the facts. I was actually going to start another one on sunday but I had to go back four pages to find it and even then it only had about twenty replies. I figured we just are not a chatt y bunch lol

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#22 of 36 Old 05-26-2009, 10:53 PM

I'm 8wks today. Nausea on and off pretty much all day and night but seabands and homeopathics have been helping some since Saturday. I'm also very, very tired...and I feel like I have to eat every hour or 2 or I feel sicker! I met with one of the midwives last week and have my next appt. at 12wks.

Today is weird because I suddenly feel like my uterus is sticking way out! Very odd feeling...

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#23 of 36 Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 AM

well I'm 8 weeks today, wowza! It's been a month since I found out, and yet it feels like it's been at least twice that long. I second whoever said that time goes so.very.slowly. At least right now. Then before you know it we'll be sharing birth stories

I'm going in tomorrow to have my HCG checked again, my nausea seems to have abated and it seems to early for that to happen. It kicked on right at 5.5 weeks and then the last coupla days hasn't seemed too bad. So we'll see, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for good news. I'm nauseated & bloated, my boobs were sore and have gotten bigger but now they don't hurt. My belly has totally popped though, it's crazy! I know I had abdominal muscle separation with DS, and I can tell that it's affecting how quickly I'm showing now. It's all my upper stomach, guess everything is getting pushed up, but I look more like 4 months prego instead of 2 Well off to bed, I'm so tired today! (wonder why?)

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#24 of 36 Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

I guess I am lazy I can add the weekly info if ppl want?

ETA: links to weekly info added in first post! enjoy!

Is it just me, or does anyone else have to pee like ...well... a mother?

For the past month, I've been waking at least once a night with the excruciating need to urinate. Ugh. This happens to coincide with DD (20 months) finally sleeping through the night. :P At least I am sleeping a bit more..

#25 of 36 Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 AM

Little heartburn once in a while, nauseous once in a while (do not make buttered micro popcorn around me!), boobs hurt. But all in all--nearly no symptoms. Weird though--I don't feel like I can suck in my belly. I do and not much happens.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
#26 of 36 Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Anyone else feel very faint? I am lightheaded all the time. Even when I lay down...
I almost fainted in the shower yesterday...while holding my child. It was not a good moment.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#27 of 36 Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmueller View Post
Weird though--I don't feel like I can suck in my belly. I do and not much happens.
Haha, I can't suck in my belly either. Its like I have totally lost control of those muscles.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#28 of 36 Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 PM

I just called my midwife because I'm battling a really nasty cold that I think has turned into an inefction. Weird because I NEVER, EVER got sick while pregnant with Robin (although I was terribly nauseous, and this time so far I'm feeling pretty good with occasional nausea/heartburn). Guess I'll take some abx and hope it goes away soon.

I keep expecting to feel worse... but there's plenty of time for that :P. I'm supposed to be resting while my sister takes my daughter on a walk!

6w1d here! TIME IS CRAWLING!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#29 of 36 Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 PM

So apparently after my appt with my MW yesterday I am closer to 6 weeks, not 5.

I'm feeling totally nauseous today and really tired. DD is learning to walk and all she wants to do is hold my hand and walk around the house all day. I soooo don't have the energy for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post

I do. I fainted a couple of weekends ago before I even knew that i was pregnant. I haven't fainted since but I get light headed really frequently.

student momma to two great girls

#30 of 36 Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 PM

I haven't been food journalling lately because I have been eating so frequently so as not to vomit. So, I just looked at my calander.

I am two days away from week 8!!! I was in shock! Shows you how out of it I have been!!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page