Any luck finding swimwear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having a horrible time finding a good swimsuit. I prefer a one piece but I'll also wear a tankini as long as it's kind of "flowy" around the tummy. I have a flabby tummy so something that cuts in the middle is not appealing at all!! LOL I feel like I need something w/ good bust support. I have a cheap halter suit from Marshalls from last summer but I feel like my boobs are hanging to my knees. I don't want to get a maternity suit because I think I would be swimming (har har har) in it at this point.

Anyone have any luck finding decent fitting swimwear???

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-01-2009, 08:58 PM

Have you tried Target? I have huge boobs & they were the only Tankini swimsuit that I could find that fits me good. I tried it on today & you can defiently tell I have a baby bump but I still have a little room. Hopefully it will make it through the Summer but I doubt it. (#4 pregnacy & I am showing already @ 5 weeks)

Christie SAHM to DD~10/03, DS~4/06, & ~3/09 &
Arrived 1-14-10
#3 of 3 Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 AM

As a momma with LOTS of strech marks and more pounds around the middle, I totally understand swimsuit dilemas!!!! I have always found my favorite swim suits at Dillards. In my opinion, swim suits are like bras - Im willing to spend a lot on them even if I can only own 1 or 2 REALLY great ones. Higher quality swim suits are going to give you much more support than the ones at discount stores. Tankinis that are gathered on the sides can mask a little extra belly. Also, Victorias secret makes a tankini that has a wonderbra top! I personally dont have one but they have great reviews.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page