what nice things has your partner done - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I have to add one--DH sat and held my hand in the ER until 3:30 AM this morning. And he cracked jokes to help me feel better. Love him!
#32 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 PM

He bought me flowers and he's been going to pretzel and slushy runs for me

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#33 of 37 Old 06-13-2009, 01:38 PM

DH has been fabulous! He tries to keep DD from driving me bonkers when he's home and lets me get my naps in. He makes me breakfast on the days where he's home in the mornings. He's been really supportive but not too "ohhh you poor baby" which is good.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#34 of 37 Old 06-13-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

last night i said i fancyed a jam sandwige at about 1am
he went and made me one even cutting it up into little quarters and making it look all fancy and then brought be a glass of milk and rubbed my back

he can be a pig too sometimes
but then he reminds me why i love him.

Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#35 of 37 Old 06-13-2009, 03:52 PM

My husband has not made rude comments about me being sick nor has he said to stop complaining! I dunno why I think he would do that... he's not that type of person anyway. I just think I'd get tired of me complaining if I were him. lol

Also, he made me a really yummy smoothie the other night. It was the only thing that sounded good, and it was perfect. It hit the spot & made me feel better.

He's also done other sweet things - take care of the kids, let me take breaks, long showers, etc. - he's a great guy. :
#36 of 37 Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Hmmm..... let's see..... OH, I know!! He went all day today without saying, "You're pregnant, not dying of cancer!"

Seriously, my dh is great and he is a great dad. But he is lacking a little (ok, a LOT!) in the pregnancy sympathy department. He was kind of sympathetic with #1 but with #2 he was pretty much telling me to suck up and deal with it. Now that we are on #3 I don't think that he could possibly be a shred less sympathetic without turning into a cold, hard rock.

He actually truly believes with all his heart (and says it often) that he has it just as tough as I do during pregnancy.

Kudos to all the doting daddies on the board!!!
That sounds a lot like my DH! I am lucky to not have the morning sickness, but I have been really TIRED and am definitely eating more than before. It is pretty much business as usual around here.

But, he DID go to the grocery store last night so I would not have to drag the 6.5 year old that likes to grab everything and the 3.75 year old who gets bored and whiny there.

I do think part of his deal is feeling kind of shell-shocked yet still too. We have been debating back and forth on whether to have a third (I wanted to, he was not really sure he did), and this one came as a surprise to both of us (we use NFP, and I ovulated sooner than I thought I would that month). So, I think he is still trying to work through a lot in his mind how adjusting to 3 kids will be for our family. I think as things progress though and given time, he will come around.

When I was 9 months pg with DD, and could not reach my feet, he gave me a pedicure and even rubbed my feet.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#37 of 37 Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM

he cleaned the microwave up.

i was reheating something and wandered away for a moment. when i got back i could hear the sauce popping and spitting... my god what a mess inside the microwave.

i took my food out, ate it, and ran back to bed, fully intending to clean it out when i got up.

well, i got up several hours later and grabbed the 409 and opened the microwave door.... to find it already spotless inside. it was wonderful. i swear i cried i was so happy.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page