nausea & cramping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same as me...

I have had the worst nausea sickness this pregnancy(third). Well, I'm sure it could be worse, but it can get pretty serious. I get it in the afternoon to evening.

But, the one thing I have noticed mainly, is that I think I am cramping at the height of the nausea. I think those two go hand in hand.

Anybody else feel the same. This could probably be a big DUH moment, but I just figured it out. Maybe the reason why women are so sick in early pregnancy is because the uterus is really adjusting and cramping, therefore making you sick to your stomach.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#2 of 2 Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would think that the relationship is more about hormones. The hormones that cause the nausea help sustain the pregnancy, which therefore allows the uterus to need to grow (which is usually the cause of cramping, but can also be the little critter burrowing into the uterus). Is that clear as mud!?!

With this pregnancy, I have had very little nausea compared to my previous pregnancies, but a lot of cramping. Though, these have been similar to Braxton Hicks, and not just the usual menstrual type cramps.

So, I have been concerned because of the extra cramping and lack of nausea, that the baby may have not developed. But, without spotting, I am hoping for the best.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page