Pregnancy Symptoms Way Worse This Time Around - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's causing it? During my first pregnancy, I had no pregnancy symptoms at all this early. I didn't start until I was almost out of my first trimester with a touch of morning sickness. I've had heartburn since before I tested at four weeks and have had nausea for a couple of weeks, too. I'm only seven weeks pregnant. Why is it so much worse this time around?
#2 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 PM

I believe it when they tell me all pregancies are different. I never got so ill that I threw up, but this time around I have thrown up several times (sorry), and in the evening!

I have heard, though, that being much worse could mean twins...triplets...

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#3 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 01:29 PM

I was much sicker with my daughter than I was with my sons. I'm not feeling too bad this time around so I'm thinking it's another boy.

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#4 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 02:02 PM

Well, I've had all singleton pregnancies, all girls, and I can tell you that each one has been a little different. Wasn't terribly sick my first time around, a bit worse the second time. Had severe reflux from before the BFP the 3rd time around and much worse MS. This time the MS started 2 weeks sooner than with any of my other pregnancies, but has been a bit milder than last time.

I don't think it necessarily means anything, it just is. Each pregnancy can be very different.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 05:04 PM

I am much sicker this time around than I was the first time with my son. I am hoping that means its a girl - but either way, there is definitely a difference.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#6 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 PM

I am SO much sicker this time around. Both of my kids (boy & girl) I didn't have much morning sickness. All tolerable. This time it is 24/7 to some degree. No throwing up, but I'm just not a puke-r. Also have acid reflux starting when I was 5 weeks or so... Crazy I thought. So it made me think twins but hearing you guys talk I guess it's just the way my body is reacting this time around. Very annoying but it does reassure me that baby is okay, so that's what I keep telling myself!
#7 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 PM

I was much sicker this time around and it started right away, which is not typical for me either....I suspected twins and I was right.

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09
#8 of 11 Old 06-16-2009, 11:44 PM

Yep, I'm feeling much worse this time around. I just figured it was b/c I'm chasing around a toddler and nursing and not sleeping as well. Who knows. I don't so much like it, though!

PT SAHM to DD1 10.23.07 and DD2 1.23.10 : both homebirth.jpg

#9 of 11 Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 AM

Yep, I'm way worse this time too. Frustrating. I had such energetic, feel-good pregnancy with the first one so I've definitely had to make lots of attitude adjustments this time around since my expectations were very high.

J+B = Little G (1/08) and baby S (1/10)
#10 of 11 Old 06-17-2009, 12:40 AM

sooooo much sicker this time. Third pregnancy. Never seemed to bother me with the first two. I am miserable. I am hungry, but I am soooo tired, that I really cannot cook or prepare anything for us.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#11 of 11 Old 06-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Dea

OMGoodness!
I am so worse this time, and so much grumpier. I understand that they are all different, but I didn't expect this different!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page