Occasional glass of wine anyone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 07-15-2009, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
my body just naturally knows what to avoid. Fast food sounds so awful right now.
I posted before that I have been having sips of wine here and there (and tequila twice) since the BFP, but didn't point out that it tastes awful! I would normally drink 1-3 glasses of wine most evenings, but every time I have tried it so far this pregnancy, every wine, tastes bitter and metallic to me. Which is probably my body's way of telling me to lay off for the time being.

Now, fast food and tequila on the other hand...

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#62 of 64 Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe View Post
I posted before that I have been having sips of wine here and there (and tequila twice) since the BFP, but didn't point out that it tastes awful! I would normally drink 1-3 glasses of wine most evenings, but every time I have tried it so far this pregnancy, every wine, tastes bitter and metallic to me. Which is probably my body's way of telling me to lay off for the time being.

Now, fast food and tequila on the other hand...
Tell me about it. I've been craving curly fries like crazy lately. The only thing that appeals to me is junk food and fried stuff:

student momma to two great girls

#63 of 64 Old 07-15-2009, 12:40 PM

I WISH I could have a glass of wine... I'm a red fanatic... but ever since I got pregnant the smell makes me sick my in-laws are huge wine drinkers as well, so whenever we go over for dinner they each have a glass and I become green with envy and nausea...

♥ Hubby and I expecting our first : January 12, 2010 ♥
#64 of 64 Old 07-15-2009, 06:23 PM

wine gives me the most horrible heartburn, which is just amplified when i'm pg...

so i stick with beer. i've had a few sips of beer here and there when it sounds good. my body finally moved away from my first weeks' junk food cravings and got back to eating healthy again, too. unfortunately, i've soured my taste for sushi for the time being...ate so stinkin' much of it the first few weeks. hoping that's not permanent.

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page