Weight gain all of a sudden? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2009, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been at 0 lbs gained up until this week. I have gained 3 lbs out of nowhere! I'm not freaking out about gaining weight because obviously it has to start some time but the whole 3 lbs in 1 week kind of freaked me out.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 PM

I did the same thing as soon as my m/s went away. I was at 0, then suddenly I gained 3 lbs. It has leveled again and now, 2 wks later, I have only gained 1 more. Sometimes its just water weight too or the cause of constipation. I wouldn't worry too much unless you keep gaining that much every week.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:27 PM

I've already gained 6lbs, though I haven't had any morning sickness. I gained 4 of that in 3 weeks

brandi
Wife to Thomas (03/05) Mama to Tommy (04/06) & Emma (01/10)
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 PM

how much I weigh or what I weighed to begin with. It's empowering.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmueller View Post
how much I weigh or what I weighed to begin with. It's empowering.
At my appointment last week I "cheated" and looked at my weight chart. Everytime I get weighed, I turn my back to the scale or just close my eyes. My nurse and doctor are in agreement with me to not talk about my weight/gain. It's a tough subject given my issues with it.

brandi
Wife to Thomas (03/05) Mama to Tommy (04/06) & Emma (01/10)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:49 PM

I've asked my docs not to tell me as well - I don't want to know.. I have been struggling with my weight for a couple years now (not too bad - but 30 - 40 lbs over goal weight) *feeling* fat is bad enough - seeing the scale go up just wouldn't help and I don't want to take away from the happiness and excitement of my precious baby. I told the doctor that if I have put on too much weight, or not enough, just to tell me that, but no numbers.

♥ Hubby and I expecting our first : January 12, 2010 ♥
Old 07-14-2009, 03:52 PM

I'm used to having a midwife- my last pregnancy they never weighed me or seemed concerned by my weight gain. I went in a few times horribly concerned- I gained 10 lbs in 3 days! I gained 5 lbs in a week! It never bothered them because everything else was so normal, so now my reaction to weight gain is- who cares? I had what most people describe as 'bad' weight gain, in that I gained it in spurts and I gained 5 lbs more than the recommended amount (30 lb), and everything was beyond perfect. Besides, studies show that babies born to moms who gain a fair bit of weight are usually healthier.

This time I have an OB, so far.... He weighs me at each appointment and had a fit at my 12 week appointment yesterday- "You've lost 3 lbs! Are you EATING?!?!" Umm. It's still the first trimester. Isn't it normal to lose weight? So it might get interesting later on (seriously hoping a midwife comes through by the time I gain more weight then I should in a specified time period... that should be a fun conversation with the OB)

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:08 PM

I feel like I have gained weight, but haven't weighed myself in several months. I would like an idea though...maybe I'll go to Target & weigh on a scale of theirs

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM

I haven't gained any weight this time, but last pregnancy, I had weeks or months that I gained, and weeks or months that I didn't. I think its just one of those things, I wouldn't really get excited about it unless I started gaining 3lbs a week consistently.

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08

User Tag List