Migraines - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone mentioned a homeopathic for migraines. Can you please relist that for me.

I'm on day five here and I'm about to lose it. The doctor couldnt give me anything...but I about to go the hospital and tell them I dont care if it goes through the placenta. I'm serious. I've never been in this much pain and I've delivered naturally four times. I NEVER take medication for anything. I need serious help.

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM

i get migranes and trying very hard not to take painkillers for them like i would do if i wasn't pregnant,
at the moment rubbing lavander on my temples helps relax me especially if i do this just as i feel the headache is starting,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4Head-Quicks...7670891&sr=8-8

also i have these which work really well and my doctor is happy for me to use them in pregnancy

hope you find something that works for you
Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#3 of 3 Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 PM

I've found that soaking my feet in really warm water (I normally use my foot bath and have the water as hot as it can be without burning myself) w/ lavender + a cold cloth on my forehead or neck (dependant on where the headache is stemming from) really helps sometimes... followed by a glass of herbal tea w/ lemon - but there are some headaches where I have no choice but to take tylonol migraine because otherwise I'll just end up in a ball on the floor crying.

Good luck

♥ Hubby and I expecting our first : January 12, 2010 ♥

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page