preparing myself for worse :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
over last 2 days my bleeding has become really heavy, heavier than a normal period and more clots, and pain...

when i went back to hospital they can still find a heart beat, but doctor warned me that this doesn't mean i won't miscarry and she is concerned by the amount of blood,
i feel like im being fobbed off because she wanted to scan me to find out if she can see where bleeding is coming from but then i got a phone call to tell me that they wouldn't scan me because they found a fetal heart beat and i just had to wait it out,
im so frustrated

but i am starting to think that maybe i am going to lose this one and i think i can deal with that if it happens. I'm just really scaird about what will happen if i do lose a baby at nearly 16 weeks, how will a miscarrige be like so late, is it going to be more like labour, and how will my baby look when it comes out at this stage, im terrified to look in toilet anytime i go, i also can't stop thinking about fact that my baby might be in pain or suffering inside me and there is nothing i can do, im still feeling movement etc so i know that right now it is still there

sorry if this is a really depressing post,

Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:41 PM

I can't even imagine what you're going through, nor do I have any experience - just wanted to give you a big cyber hug and send positive thoughts your way, I hope you and your little one are safe and healthy - try to stay positive - I hope you get some answers

♥ Hubby and I expecting our first : January 12, 2010 ♥
#3 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM

I hope the bleeding stops, and you have a healthy baby! I will keep you in my prayers too though.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#4 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 PM

It's unconscionable that they won't do a scan. Thinking of you. (((((hugs)))))))
#5 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM

I'm so sorry Jools. I hope you get some answers soon. In the meantime, I will pray for safety for you and your babe. Try to stay positve although I know it seems hard now. Sending you lots a big hugs!!

Liz ~wife to an amazing man~mama to 2 beautiful sons~trodding through babylon~ loving JAH~rainbow1284.gif

#6 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:56 PM

I'm so so sorry you're having to go through this. I can't imagine how difficult the not knowing must be, in addition to the bleeding and cramping.

I am sending positive energy your way.

PT SAHM to DD1 10.23.07 and DD2 1.23.10 : both homebirth.jpg

#7 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Sending and lots of positive energy your way. Let's hope it's just a placental bleeding type of thing and it clears up post haste!!

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
#8 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 03:46 PM

I am so sorry you're going through this.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#9 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM

Many prayers being said for you & your baby.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#10 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 04:27 PM

I'm so sorry ou have to go through this. Honestly, if they were refusing me a scan I would be calling a new provider ASAP. Are they not at all concerned about how such a blood loss is affecting your body, not just the baby? It's great there's a heart rate, but you are their patient and it's their job to make sure you AND the baby are ok. ((hugs))

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#11 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM

oh no jools!! i hope things get better and settle down for you.

is it the nhs that's refusing you a scan? what if you went to casualty? or was it casualty you were in already? i'd think even the nhs would want to know where the bleeding was coming from!

keep us posted!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#12 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 04:37 PM

I agree with Christina - I'd find a new HCP that would listen to my insistance on getting a scan.

I'm sorry, Jools. This has been a rough few months for you.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#13 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Holy crap girl! I would get down to the local A&E - don't let them fobb you off like this! I'd be so pissed off! OMG I hope this lets up. What a nightmare! Get down to the A&E and tell them you're not leaving until they find out where this blood is coming from - they can do this for you, NHS or no NHS.

*HUGE hugs* and love and hope going your way! XXXXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#14 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 04:57 PM

Oh Jools, I am so sorry you're going through this... I hope you can find out what is going on. I am thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts.

sleepytime.gif
#15 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 PM

I am so sorry you are going though this. I do hope all works out well and the baby remains healthy. Losing a baby at any stage is hard, but I found losing one at this stage to be much harder than a very early loss.

Just for some info, when I lost my son at 18 wks, I had the bleeding. Then I had some cramps. I could feel his descent and actually caught him (bag and all) in my hand. It was about the size of a grapefruit. I did not get that "labor" feeing until later, after I had him. My placenta did not deliver right away and the next day I began to have contractions. Not like transition contractions, more like mid-labor ones that were noticable but timeable. I had them for an hour before the placenta delivered. Then nothing else beyond a "heavy period" type bleeding.

When I looked at my baby, bag in all, I was saddened as well as intrigued. I have never seen such a tiny baby in person. I had to break the bag open (which was really tough to do) and then I held my son.

It was such a precious moment. My biggest fear at this point was that he would be moving. But thankfully he was born still. However, I marveled at his beauty and form. So tiny that he fit into the palm of my hand, yet large enough to see ears, fingers, nose, eyes, toes.

I hope and pray that you do not lose your baby. But just wanted to give you an idea of what it would be like at this stage, since you were wondering. It is not likely that you will deliver your baby without you knowing it and will just see him/her in the toilet. It is much more likely that you will feel the baby coming down the birth canal. It was a unique experience to me. One that I hope never to repeat, but one that I will always remember. And a son that I will never forget because I held him in my hands.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#16 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

thanku so much for sharing that with me because it was really important for me to find out what to expect if it happens i feel like it will and now its not so scary,
i really hope that it won't but i just have to prepare myself,

i don't have energy for fight with AandE the last doctor on phone was actually just rude to me and i think that it will be really difficult to persuade them to scan me,
i am thinking if this doesn't go the way i think its going and the pregnancy sticks, i will ask to transfer my care to another hospital that is a bit further away but seems to have a better repuatation,

thanku everyone for prayers and kind words

everything is much the same still bleeding lots, though pain is not as intense as it was (prob because of stupidly strong painkillers)

Jools

#17 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Jools. This has been a really rough pregnancy for you, hasn't it? You will be in my thoughts.

Mama to sweet, funny Eli 9/05 and snuggly Akash 12/09
#18 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 07:46 PM

Jools. You have really been through the mill with this pregnancy. I hope everything works out well for you.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#19 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 07:50 PM

how scary for you - i wish you the best.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#20 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 PM

Jools my thoughts are with you. Are you on bed rest or can you move around- or is it painful? When I've had scary things happen distraction turns into the name of the game for me and I will do anything to keep my mind active and away from worry... hope there is something distracting and positive in your life right now. Please keep up updated, I would like to support you anyway possible.
Sarah
#21 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 PM

I don't post much, so I don't really know your background. But I did want to say that I agree a scan really needs to be done. I had placenta previa with my last baby and heavy bleeding was something they warned me about. It is possible you have this condition, and it does not necessarily mean you will loose your LO. However, they should be checking you for it. In the meantime, just in case it is this condition, do no heavy lifting or exercise, no pelvic activity, and stay off your feet. Wishing you and the baby wellness vibes!
#22 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 PM

{{{ hugs }}} I am so sorry, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I hope that you get some answers soon and I hope that your little one is here to stay.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#23 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 PM

That's just horrible that they won't do a scan. I'm so very sorry. What a frightening time for you. Hoping your LO is doing just fine and that the bleeding stops quickly.

Hugs to you.

married to my best friend since july of '93... mama to sage, who came when the pumpkins came in '05... and logan, who came with the hoar frost in january '10
#24 of 48 Old 07-27-2009, 11:57 PM

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope the bleeding and pain stops and that your baby is fine.
#25 of 48 Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

things are **** the same and im getting very worried about the amount of blood loss, filling a pad every couple of hours doesn't seem healthy at all, thats more than my heaviest period and im starting to feel very weak,

i called my own midewife, and she is going to have a listen in to see how baby is doing today, she was a bit shocked that the hospital have refused to scan me, and said she is prob going to have to refer me back there anyway, im not happy about going back there after everything thats happened i feel like i just get fobbed off and people are rude to me so will prob ask to transfer my care to the other hospital now if thats possible

i still can't imagine that this baby is going to be ok after losing ALL this blood,

i have not been told to bed rest, just to rest but i haven't really got out of bed much becuase the pain is so bad and because its just so uncomfortable to move around, sleeping seems to be my only relief from the worry and pain,

my appointment is in 2 hours, i hope they find a heart, but even if they do it doesn't stop the fact that i feel like im going to lose this baby,

Jools

#26 of 48 Old 07-28-2009, 06:49 AM

I hope you find an answer soon.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#27 of 48 Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 AM

jools, many i hope everything goes ok at your midwife appt and that you can go to the other hospital if necessary. please keep us posted. i'm keeping you and your baby in my thoughts right now.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#28 of 48 Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thinking of you (((Jools)))

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(10) and Alex (7), Elizabeth (4), Joey (2), and #5 due May 29
#29 of 48 Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM

Thinking of you and your little person.

Israel, mom to  DD, Ivy, 4-27-06 :and DS, Kai, 12-29-07 and DD, Lilith 2-1-10 and always remembering Alice fullterm stillborn 08/31/11 (unexplained placental abruption) 

#30 of 48 Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM

I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

Is there anyone that can go with you to the hospital to be your advocate? I know when you're in pain and dealing with alot of emotional stress it is difficult to argue with doctors or hospital staff. Can a friend, family member, your midwife, anyone go with you to hold your ground and demand they scan you to see what is causing the large loss of blood? I agree with others that this is a concern to YOUR body, they are saying the baby is fine & healthy, but your body is not fine & healthy is you are having continual blood loss that is abnormally heavy. I really hope you can take someone with you to help fight for the care you deserve.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page