2 months left.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I REALLY want to be done prepping for the baby by the first of novemeber - that way I have two months to focus on preparing me for my homebirth.

There is so much to do, diapers to sew, sweaters to make, socks to buy

any one else starting to feel the pressure? I really don't want the holidays to be full of baby preperations too. Its weird feeling like this at only 19 weeks lol

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#2 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 10:41 AM

I feel the same way!!! I really want to have everything ready by November too. I just know how crazy November/ December is for us and I can't handle baby prep on top of that! We need a thread where we can be held accountable! So I have a place to cross things off my list. My very looooooooong list.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#3 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 11:11 AM

I have FOUR birthdays coming up in a 30 period from the end of October to Novemeber, then overlap the holiday season, and I just realize that my time is about to fly by!

My head is spinning with just the thought of all that has to be done before then!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#4 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 12:19 PM

Oh Lord, saying you want it done by Novemeber makes me realize how close NOVEMBER really is! It's around the corner! Which means Jan is around the corner! I need to start planning!

I want to sew diapers (no idea how to, but I bought a sewing machine 2 weeks ago.... it's still in the box, haha)

I want to use this baby as an excuse to FINALLY paint the spare room (though we cosleep, he'll never be in there anyway)

I've started buying second-hand baby clothes but that has so far been a dismal failure (thought I was getting 0-9 clothes, I got 12-18 somehow) and MIL is thrift store shopping for me as well.

I also want to TOTALLY declutter my house, we have so much stuff that we just move from house to house that we never use and don't need, so now i have no room for the I do need. I'm planning a UC, so I feel like decluttering is vital to my ability to keep my house chaos-free for the birth

Oh boy.
Now I'm stressed :

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#5 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 12:42 PM

I am going through a massive decluttering attack! I have been working on it all summer & have made some headway. We are working on the nursery next month (flooring & painting). We don't need to buy much, but just getting everything in one place would be great!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 PM

I had my big attack last month before my dh went away. I wanted to get all the new bedroom arrangements and stuff set up before he went, and I got all the baby clothes sorted out.

Of the things I have left to do, I need to get a new umbrella stroller, and I need to get the baby (19) months into her new bed, which means I need to find a bed rail for her. I went to Zellers today but they didn't have any. I am hoping to avoid Walmart.

I also want to get a lot of frozen meals put away.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
#7 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoat View Post
I also want to get a lot of frozen meals put away.
Me too!

Add that to my ever-growing, never-ending, probably-won't-get-done list

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#8 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 07:44 PM

I just realized yesterday that we will need to buy baby things again, like actually go out and SHOP. We will be getting our carseat back from a friend, I think we're getting our stroller back too, and we keep baby equipment to nearly that minimum. But oh my gosh I totally just realized I need CLOTHES! And I don't think there is anyone who will be handing us down any. I hate shopping! Thankfully diapers can be an online purchase. Sadly... all the friends I passed diapers along to, have since passed them along to others. Can't get any of them back now.

Fall is [I]crazy[I] for us with soccer and karate and five or six visits planned in those months. I'm thinking December might actually be the right baby-prep month for our family.

Rita, 36
married forever and homeschooling the kids: '96, '98, '05, and mystery person due 1/9/10
#9 of 23 Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 PM

We moved furniture today. Moved the shelving unit/changing table from dd's room to ours. I even unpacked baby boy clothes that I had from a foster placement. I feel like I'm doing it way sooner than I should but it's nice to get it done and now I know exactly what I have for nb clothes. It's also nice to be able to get my cloth diaper stuff out and together to see what I have. We didn't secure the unit to the wall in case we decide we need to rearrange more. So many more things on my list to do....

Glad I'm not the only one getting ready early...

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

#10 of 23 Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 AM

I have just been waiting until I had some energy again before really getting started. The last couple of days I have ordered so much for baby and am thinking about all that needs to get done. I actually want to get Christmas shopping done now too so that I don't have to worry about it later on.

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#11 of 23 Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 AM

It's too hot to do anything

We're not getting anyone anything for Christmas this year either. Last year DD was 3 weeks old so we just gave out pictures of us as a family.

This year we're adding a baby and taking a serious income hit at the same time, so we'll just do something small/cute/homemade again this year.

#12 of 23 Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 AM

I am aiming to be ready by November, too! My ds' birthday is in November, plus Thanksgiving, and we always shop on Black Friday, which is usually the time I want to be done Christmas shopping too. Then December is booked every weekend with 2 birthday parties, a family Christmas party, a family breakfast-with-Santa deal at the library, and then Christmas itself. And we host Christmas Day here at our house. January brings my dd's birthday. So once November hits I am just way too busy to fit in anything more before the baby arrives.

We are having a hospital birth this time so that takes off some of the pressure of having the house and supplies and food ready for the birth.

Since this is our third baby there isn't a lot of preparation in the way of baby shopping, gear or nursery set up that needs to be done, thankfully. I already have the neutral baby clothes out in a dresser so they just need to be washed. Things I do need to do are:

Finish dd's 1st year scrapbook (made a promise to myself to finish each child's 1st year scrapbook before their younger brother/sister arrived... was in prodromal labor finishing up ds' at 2 AM days before dd was born LOL! This time I'd like to not cut it so close...)

Freezer meals and lots of them.

Install carseat--doing this super early but don't want to be out there doing it in the snow and cold like we have in the past, especially since this is the third seat we are installing in the back of our Pontiac Vibe, all three seats will need to be moved around and re-installed.

Bring down swing and bouncy seat from attic

Buy baby socks, spit up bibs and burp cloths

Pack hospital bag

Pick up a few preemie neutral items

and I think that is just about it!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#13 of 23 Old 08-16-2009, 05:11 PM

wow, you guys are early. Or maybe I'm just a MASSIVE procrastinator.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#14 of 23 Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Install carseat--doing this super early but don't want to be out there doing it in the snow and cold like we have in the past, especially since this is the third seat we are installing in the back of our Pontiac Vibe, all three seats will need to be moved around and re-installed.

!
I am soo installing our base before old weather hits - it will be freezing and I really don't want to be out in that finageling that darn base

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#15 of 23 Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post

No kidding. There is no way that I'm doing all of the by November. Crazy. Maybe I'll wish I had. I'm totally doing the frozen food party. Will get plenty of hand-me downs. Just have to get a bassinet, mattress for the crib, sheets, Wrap for baby wearing and that will be all. Can't use the strollers, chairs, and other good stuff until baby is older anyway.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
#16 of 23 Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
I am soo installing our base before old weather hits - it will be freezing and I really don't want to be out in that finageling that darn base
LOL Yep, it means I am going to be driving around for months with the base installed but I will never forget our first carseat installing experience. Dh standing outside in the snow in his winter coat, hood up. Fumbling with the instructions in his gloved hands and pulling out every 4-letter word in the book. Granted we were total newbies and so even with LATCH installing the carseat was a huge production that, at the time, seemed like rocket science!!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#17 of 23 Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
I feel the same way!!! I really want to have everything ready by November too. I just know how crazy November/ December is for us and I can't handle baby prep on top of that! We need a thread where we can be held accountable! So I have a place to cross things off my list. My very looooooooong list.
We totally should!! Come one mandie! You share your list, I'll share mine lol

#18 of 23 Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
We totally should!! Come one mandie! You share your list, I'll share mine lol
Good idea!

Geez, I am going to have to put some thought into this! be back later!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#19 of 23 Old 08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Dea

I wasn't freaking out about this baby at all. I figured I just need to pull out Trixie's old clothes and sort them better, wash and sun all of the small prefolds and that's it.
Then I realized I need to prepare Trixie! I would like to not have to focus on potty learning with a baby here, although I understand there will be relapses. And right now Trixie is really protective and demanding of me, so I want to give her all that she needs of me now, 'cause soon she won't be my only baby! That freaks me out the most!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#20 of 23 Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM

I am on "vacation" this week, so I have been trying to get the house somewhat de-cluttered and cleaned...we will see how long that lasts. We have potty training of our little one under control and just about done...nights still hit or miss. But we need to get her out of the nursery, move us out of our old bedroom, move her into it and turn it into the "big girl" room. Lots to do there! I want her acclimated to her room before I hit 6 months. I will probably go through baby clothes after the leaves fall and winter feels closer. We already have most of the baby gear, I just need to do the rounds and collect a few things from friends.

Married to dh (9/03) momma to Elana (12/06) and the little bean due (1/10)
#21 of 23 Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoat View Post
...I also want to get a lot of frozen meals put away.
This is one thing I am determined to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post
Hahaha, me too! I'm hoping to use the four weeks before the due date to organize, hit IKEA for some last minute (organizing) items, and nest! I'm taking that time as maternity leave, so hopefully that will help me feel productive.
#22 of 23 Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Sigh... my decluttering is mostly confined to my life - before april i have to publish a paper, finish my thesis work, have a baby, write a thesis, defend, and find a reasonable job. Yikes! A lot of housework will have to wait till we after my job, so that we can afford it (We need to begin by replacing floors in the whole house - and we really want to do bamboo, so it's pricey) : I really need to win the lottery here.

sleepytime.gif
#23 of 23 Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 PM

wow, you guys are on it.

i have only done a few things:

1. i am hoping to have my baby shower in november, and have recruited a friend to help with that. no date set yet.

2. i have gotten a bunch of baby things from friends and freecycle, and they are being stored in the basement.

3. i have a registry, and as i get things donated, i am taking them off pre-shower.

i am hoping to get my sewing machine fixed next payday, so i can start making things for me and the baby.

but most of my planning has been about going to grad school (which starts this fall)...

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page