more good snack/meal ideas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I've been in a rut with food, and remember reading recently someone making Triscuit nachos, with some beans cheese & Triscuits in the microwave. I tried it, topped with salsa and it was awesome! I tend to get in the all or nothing camp of food, where I'm either whipping up a fab meal from scratch or eating PB on toast.

Anyone care to share easy quick meal ideas? And what do y'all do with cottage cheese? I got some because I thought I should, and now it is staring reproachfully at me every time I open the fridge

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#2 of 4 Old 08-21-2009, 04:48 AM

Something I like making is a couple of boiled eggs and then mixing them into a salad. mmmmm

I also like cheese, avocado and salad rolls (wholegrain) - you could swap the cheese to cottage cheese instead...
#3 of 4 Old 08-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Dea

I love cottage cheese mixed with chopped tomatoes. Yumm.
My favourite thing right is green smoothies. Lots of fruit and spinach. So good for you! (Trixie likes them too!)

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#4 of 4 Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 AM

I have been eating cottage cheese mixed with chopped tomato and a tiny bit of minced onion. Chopped black olives if we have them, too, and salt and pepper. Yum.

We've been baking a lot, too. My little boy likes to help, so that's a good activity we can do together. A lot of variations on zucchini bread. Somewhat healthy. I have had so much more of a sweet tooth this pregnancy than I normally do, so we've also had our fair share of cookies (most recent were cranberry (dried) and white chocolate instead of chocolate chip) and chocolate cake...

A pretty easy meal, which we had last night, is whole rainbow trout baked in newspaper. You put whatever you care to in the cavity of the fish (we tend to do lemon slices), wrap in wet newspaper (like, start at one corner of a full size sheet and roll up diagonally), put on a baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes at 400F. Never fails. Yum.

Does a green smoothie taste like spinach? What is the proportion of fruit to spinach that you use? What do you use for your smoothie 'base' - milk? yogurt? I am curious. And we have a ton of spinach in the fridge right now!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page