Anyone else doing Hypnobabies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my 'home course' yesterday. I'm excited to start, but not sure when I'll get around to the first lesson. Anybody else doing Hypnobabies, anyone else doing the home course?
#2 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 05:42 PM

I WANT to, and am trying to justify the expense before I buy the course....

I'm keeping an eye on this thread to know if I should talk with DH now about buying it, or if we have a couple of months to decide

(though I hear it helps you sleep better- I could use that!)

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#3 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 PM

Also curious to hear from others on this one...we're doing Bradley classes and birthing in a hospital, so I feel like Hypnobabies might be a good thing to learn so I can avoid the temptation of pain meds.
#4 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 06:30 PM

I did it last time and I am about to start again soon. I just ordered the course yesterday (there is a 20% off special right now). I am really looking forward to it.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#5 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 PM

I'm doing it right now. I'm in week 5 of the homestudy program and loving it. It is really helping me sleep a ton (with my sqirmy, all night nursing, two year old kicking around all night) LOL. But I really do love it. I actually bought a used one from Hypnobabies for $85 - same things that are included in the full price system. It is a 5 week program with about 5-6 weeks needed after that for maintenance. Like I said, I'm loving it. All I did with my son is read a ton and ended up with a hospital birth, epi. I was not happy at all so this time I'm doing Hypnobabies, I have a doula and I'm at a birth center...hopefully things will work out much differently.
#6 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm a huge procrastinator. I'll probably start it in a few weeks or so. I did the homestudy with DD2, but didn't use the hypnoanesthesia during labor/birth. I was prepared to if I felt I needed relief. Didn't get around to doing it with DS.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  
#7 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 10:19 PM

2nd time here - although I had a c-section because dd was breech. I've had some tracks out for a couple of weeks, but just got out the books and stuff yesterday. I have special places, painless childbirth and the extra peaceful sleep on a loop that I listen to at night.

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

#8 of 25 Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 PM

I will be using this again. I used it the last time with DS and had a mostly pain-free birth and what there was, was way less then the period cramping I used to get as a teen. Had I not known I was in labor I would have never guessed. (DS was almost born in his amnioc sac but the doctor broke it as be was coming out) Definately worth the money. It would have been worth it had I just benefited from the extra rest I got in the last month or so. I'm looking forward to starting it again.

Israel, mom to  DD, Ivy, 4-27-06 :and DS, Kai, 12-29-07 and DD, Lilith 2-1-10 and always remembering Alice fullterm stillborn 08/31/11 (unexplained placental abruption) 

#9 of 25 Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm really tempted to check it out, but I fear I'm not the type of person this would work for.
#10 of 25 Old 08-22-2009, 05:28 AM

I used hypnobabies for my birth and it worked very well. I was in back labour for 45 hours, I wouldn't say it was pain free but definetely manageable. I also used non-focused meditation (I think that's the term??). It's where when the contraction starts you put your awareness to what's outside your body - to items in the room, smells from a candle, as well as your entire body, your breathing, etc..

I tried to be hypnotized before and it didn't work so I didn't think this program would work for me either but it did! I highly recommend it.

(Hope it is okay to post here even though I'm not pregnant - I just noticed the subject line from the last post on the main page)

Totally in love with my sweet dd (March/09)
#11 of 25 Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 AM

I've been doing the Hypnobirthing stuff, and I understand that's different, but not sure how. Is Hypnobabies better? Or are they so similar it's hard to differentiate? I'm not taking a class, but I have the book and I've been doing the relaxation techniques and the cd's. If nothing else, it's sure helping me relax, and we've had a lot of stress lately, so it's been tested!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#12 of 25 Old 08-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Definitely!!!

Used it for my first birth and it was an awesome experience. I need to dig out the materials and start listening.
#13 of 25 Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 PM

I am doing it. I have had it for months (bought it even before I was ever pregnant because as a doula I had a client use the method once and I wanted to know what it was all about). I started it a long time back but only got through two weeks and then did nothing so I think I am going to start all over.

Michelle married to my highschool sweetheart and mom to: DD '88, DS '90, DD '91, DD '94, DD '97, DD '98, DD '01, DD '08, and DS'09

(Non-profit Organization Director and Program Coordinator / Doula / Educator / Massage Therapist)

#14 of 25 Old 08-23-2009, 08:02 AM

I am thinking about it, if there is a special, maybe I will order it.

Does anyone know if you can get it in MP3 format, or would I have to transfer it to my computer and then onto the MP3 player? I am not a computer geek by any means, and I have no clue how to do that.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
#15 of 25 Old 08-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegoat View Post
I am thinking about it, if there is a special, maybe I will order it.

Does anyone know if you can get it in MP3 format, or would I have to transfer it to my computer and then onto the MP3 player? I am not a computer geek by any means, and I have no clue how to do that.
Basically just ripping the cd onto your computer will transfer in into MP3 - i.e. you put the disk in and a box pops up on the computer asking you what you want to do, choose copy disk or rip disk/

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#16 of 25 Old 08-23-2009, 10:37 AM

I did HypBirth last time since it was fully a home course. It worked up to a point. Think the most helpful class I've taken so far though has got to be the Bradley Birth class.

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#17 of 25 Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 AM

I did Bradley the first time, but for some weird reason imagery that I'd never done before popped into my head and saved me until transistion.

Don't laugh. I was kneeling on my bed and every contraction a little surfer dude showed up riding a wave and when the contraction died down--he went down--and he came back every contraction and made them so manageable. Then I got put on my back and I lost my composure (hospital). I so hope I can bring him back for this birth!! Hypnobabies and homebirth it is!

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
#18 of 25 Old 08-24-2009, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

I just did the first 'class' last night - I like it.
#19 of 25 Old 08-25-2009, 12:10 AM

'
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pass along the information that we now have discounted Hypnobabies Home Study Bundles and CDs on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/DiscountHypnobabies-on-EBAY

We will also be making Second Chance offers to qualified bidders who don’t win the auctions. J

Feel free to forward this to any other moms and groups who might want to take advantage.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Kerry

Kerry Tuschhoff, HCHI, CHt, CI
Founder/Director of Hypnobabies
714-952-BABY (2229)
www.Hypnobabies.com

'

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

#20 of 25 Old 08-25-2009, 05:45 PM

Actually, ACsMom, Hypnobabies and HypnoBirthing don't have much in common. Hypnobabies includes complete childbirth education (it was created by a former Bradley instructor after she found out Bradley techniques didn't work for her) and a series of CDs that help you build several hypnosis tools that are actual medical hypnosis techniques also used for things like having surgery without anesthesia. HypnoBirthing includes some light guided relaxation and visualization, with a smattering of basic childbirth information. I took a HypnoBirthing class, but it was a big disappointment. Hypnobabies, however, gave me two amazing, totally comfortable unmedicated births. (And I'm a huge wimp!)
#21 of 25 Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 PM

So excited to hear all the positive feedback on hypnobabies. I used to work at a place that offered the classes and heard some awesome stories from moms postpartum that caused me to look into it. I am buying it off craigslist half off (yay!)...picking it up this weekend.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#22 of 25 Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

When I did the first cd for the first time, my twitchy leg was twitching, and when it said relax your leg, it stopped twitching. So that was worth the money right there. lol.
#23 of 25 Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 PM

I am excited to start this. I haven't ordered it yet (trying to justify the high price tag).

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#24 of 25 Old 08-26-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

I figure it's the same price or cheaper than a class plus you get all the CDs which you listen to every day. And then you can sell it back to them or use it again next time.
#25 of 25 Old 08-27-2009, 04:08 PM

I just started the hypnobabies program yesterday. We'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page