Chat thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been wanting to have general chat for a while now- I'm feeling a bit lonely these days!

One of my friends just found out she's pregnant and her daughter is 10 months- almost the same age as my DD, so it's kind of neat!

This baby is starting to move around a lot more. I was starting to get worried because he was SO quiet, until I remembered that DD got really quiet around this time as well (18-21 weeks), and now at 22 weeks he's started wiggling up a storm and joyfully kicking my cervix and bladder, which I think I could do without! lol

I'm starting to feel more prepared for the baby as far as house stuff goes. It's getting cleaned out and organized and we FINALLY bought a freezer (which so far has 1 pasta dish in it, haha)

My husband and I are having SERIOUS issues in our relationship, but I don't think he knows it yet. He doesn't discuss things well (or at all) so I've given up trying and the resentment is building. I'm working on finding a way to bring it up and work it out, but haven't done so yet.

How is everyone else doing? News to report? Stuff to talk about? Problems, questions, happy stuff to share?

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Dea

yay a chat thread.
Things are good in my neck of the woods, except for hte evil heat. (100F for days and days) ugh.
I'm having a lot of BH contractions, and by a lot I mean sometimes one and hour, and by the end of the day my uterus is achy. I should bring this up to someone, but I'm afraid they'll put me on bed rest, so I am just taking it easy. (I have a toddler bed rest would be horrible)
I talked to my mom today about her being here for the birth to watch Trixie and she said she would. I have mixed feelings about this 'casue I am not close to my mom in a way that I would want her at my birth, but I am less close to my MIL, and she's the other option. Ugh ugh ugh. I can't ask a friend to come and take care of Trixie 'cause that's a lot to ask of someone. Hopefully my mom will mind my boundaries and stay out of my way. I"m sure she will.

Astraia I hope you can work things out with your husband. It's supposed to be a happy time and turmoil won't help you! Lots of love and hugs!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
Old 09-23-2009, 11:20 PM

I'm feeling chatty DH is out of town till late Friday. DD just celebrated her 2nd birthday. We're in the middle of the Jewish Yom Tov season (High Holidays). Preparing for a trip back home (CA) in October. We just moved from WI to NY a month ago and I'm very lonely. I haven't really made/met friends yet, despite being incomprehensibly busy.

Totally showing by now... not nearly as active as I was in DDs pregnancy and I miss it.

Babe is mellow during the day and is always, always super active at night... especially when I lay down to put DD to sleep and when I finally crawl into bed myself.

I think I'm getting sick (scratchy throat) so I'm preparing garlic tea.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 PM

Hi there-it's been a while since I have been on MDC. I used to be able to check @ work, but the site gives me trouble on that server...ugh.
Astraia~Sorry to hear about the the relationship issues. Communication can be difficult. Me and DH went through a bunch of crap recently-except-it's me that clams up and doesn't talk-I am trying to work on this issue...time and patience....We are also having financial issues-so that puts added strain on everything-especially with a new bean on the way.
Speaking of the bean...still super active. I love all the movement. My BP and pulse are good and the heartbeat has been lingering around 130 bpm. Pregnant life is good. I have also been swimming 3 times a week-half mile each time. That has helped me a lot in the self care arena.
I am really not liking my job right now and January can't come fast enough now. I am looking forward to be home with my children and away from the chaos that is my job. My plan is to take off until June and then hopefully enroll in grad school (providing I get accepted ) It seems like the only way to get a decent job in the city I live in. I have a teaching degree and can't get a job w/out my Masters in this stinking town. So I am stuck working in mental health (not so bad-I guess)-but it's also non-profit and the moeny is ick for all that I do. I am just plain ol' burnt out. Like I said...January can't come fast enough.
I am so excited to enter the 3rd trimester. Ahhh-the closer we are to meeting our precious ones! My mom booked her flight for 12/29-1/8. My EDD is 1/3 or 1/4-so I am hoping baby decided to show up then!
Well-that's all for now-I am a hyper toddler ready to go to the park or else I could go on and on....how is everyone else???
Hugs and Sunshine to all of you!
~Liz

Liz ~wife to an amazing man~mama to 2 beautiful sons~trodding through babylon~ loving JAH~rainbow1284.gif

Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

oregonmama- SIL is due Jan first and was saying that CHRISTMAS is in 14 weeks! Holy smokes! It really makes me realize how close we are to meeting our babies, yay!

I hear you on lousy work. This time i'm a SAHM but for DD, I was THRILLED when I got laid off at 6 months pregnant, haha. I couldn't stand that job.

And good for you for swimming! I want to start getting out to the pool once a week but it's closed until October 4th and they won't tell me why.

Falicia- this bean moves like mad whenever I'm getting my daughter down for a nap or bed. I don't know why- sometime she cries or pokes him but usually she's pretty quiet... so I'm just wondering if he gets mad when I lay down?

I'm sorry about DH being gone and not having friends I met one of my friends here because she'd just moved into town and was so lonely that she was introducing herself to random people in the grocery store and we started chatting. You can do that if you get desperate enough!

Dea- I'm having trouble deciding who to have look after my DD, Nigella. MIL is a good option but... IDK, it makes me nervous to have her away for very long at all but we're doing a UC and NO WAY do I want MIL here. She was nervous about my homebirth, a UC would send her over the edge, haha!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

And thanks for the well-wishes for DH and I. I just don't know how the heck to talk to someone who won't look at me or acknowledge I exist whenever we move into "important" topics. And then if I force the issue and try to make him respond in some way, the most he can come up with is "I don't know what to say"

Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 AM

DP and I are moving from my Mum's house in Honolulu, to Oregon. Tommorow.
I'm soooo stressed right now, because DP doesn't have a job, and we don't have a place to live in Oregon. He will be staying in Portland to look for work, while I will be going down to Eugene (2 hours away), to stay with friends untill DP can find a job and a place for us to live. I'm going back to teaching prenatal yoga classes part time, to provide at least a bit for myself and DD.
DP is stressed about not having a job (he's an accountant, was laid off in june), and has decided that he's not ready for this baby. He's really presuring me to give the baby up for adoption, or give him to my Mum to raise. I'm hoping our situation will stabilize before the baby is born. I realized the other day that I'm over halfway there (23 weeks)!

I think the baby has had a growth spurt in the past week. My belly has popped so much, and the baby is flipping and kicking quite a bit. My Mum bought the cutest little bunting for him. It's white plushie 'fur', with little bear ears.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Yay for chat thread!

Astraia and oregonmama, sorry to hear things are rough in your relationships these days.

Extra big hugs for you, zenmama108. I can't imagine how stressful that must be.

I keep having dreams about cheating on my DP. Last night it was sex in my parent's basement with a friend from college who later turned out to have murdered the other people in the house, including my DP!

Last week, I got "your belly is really really really big" from my toddler, this week I got "You're not showing at all!" from another mom. I am having a lot of trouble getting up and down from the floor for a woman who's not showing at all...

We bought tickets for my sister to come stay with us when the baby is born - a big chunk of change, so hopefully the kid decides to arrive when she is here! She stayed with us when my son was born and was amazing. Errands and cooking, the works. Plus she's starting doula training this month!

I hope everyone is doing well... I just realized that I have less than three months until I can stop work! Hurrah!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 PM

Hey mamas

Astraia, so sorry you are dealing with communication troubles. That sounds really rough.

zenmama, wow, things sound so stressful for you! I hope your DH finds a job very, very quickly and that he's able to be excited about the pregnancy soon.

oregonmama-- sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your job!

Faliciagayle, happy birthday to your DD!

Dea, are you in the southwest? My parents have been having 100+ temps up until quite recently.

My news: I was bitten by my cat and now have an infected arm and am on antibiotics... I was freaked out about that, but frankly having an infected arm is worse than taking the abx!

Otherwise, we had the 2nd tri ultrasound today and baby looks wonderful! S/he weighs almost a pound, we got to see lots of motion and kicks, gosh I'm excited about meeting this little one!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 PM

Yay chat!

I'm going crazy because tomorrow we fly to our hometown for my sister's wedding. I haven't flown in years, and never with a toddler. I'm really nervous that dd will be totally psycho during the flight. And I'm worried about generally being completely EXHAUSTED by the travel, events, etc. Although I am feeling mostly fantastic, I'm definitely experiencing a ton of fatigue. I looked through my pregnancy journal with dd and it looks like 22-26 weeks was a very tired time in that pregnancy, too.

My birthday is on Monday! (Dea, yours, too, right???? ) I will be 29. DH turns 30 next month and I think he's going to go all midlife crisis on me .

I'm having BH pretty regularly, several times a day and typically at night, and usually when I'm underhydrated OR really have to pee (which is like, all the time??). I'm having one right now, actually. It's weird to have them so strong, so early.

Baby is wonderful. Feels soooo big already, sometimes I feel kicks up by my diaphragm while a head butts my cervix. He/she is most active early in the morning and around 9 pm, just before bed. This kid seems to do cartwheels in there. I hope she doesn't come out all entangled in her cord like spaghetti on a fork! I don't recall DD moving around quite so much, she was more of a stay-in-one-spot-and-kick-like-crazy kiddo.

Well, I should go work on packing and see what else I've forgotten to do to get ready for this trip .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

zenmama- I can't believe your DH is pressuring you about adoption! I'm sure you can work something out, but that's definitely not stress you need

marylizah- ouch! I think I saw a post you made somewhere about being bitten by a cat; I hope the antibiotics have kicked in and you're feeling better.

smokeylo- I'm getting pressure from my family to travel down for a visit. I can't imagine it though, my parents house is SO messy (and that's the only place we can stay) and I can't handle chasing after a 10 month old while pregnant. I'm going to be so exhausted. I might wait until closer to DD's birthday (november) and head down for a weekend.

I was poking at my belly last night- and I think I felt the baby's head! He's breech right now, and I was trying to check my fundal height and poking around near my belly button. I was thinking, "geeze, that's awfully hard and round, I don't remember that from last time!" and then the hard round thing moved and I panicked for a quick second until I realized it was probably the baby, lol!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

I went to visit MIL today and GMIL was there. Both of them, as I was leaving, were saying, "I totally forgot you were pregnant! you're looking so slim! How far along are you now?"

I guessed 6 months- I have no idea. What's 22 weeks in months?

Anyway, they're mouths dropped open. "6 MONTHS? And you're that TINY?"

Not sure if I should be annoyed or not, I kind of laughed.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Well, we have been home a lot since we can't drive our car because we don't have the money for repairs to pass the inspection or to renew insurance. Some days it is nice to be a homebody. Other times the cabin fever builds up, especially when the downstairs neighbors keep coming up to complain about the little footsteps they are hearing downstairs. But we do have a playground and woody area around the apartments so been spending a lot of time out there looking at bugs, mushrooms, etc...

So busy with the High Holidays also Falicia. Good thing I like to cook right now, so hungry all the time! Rosh HaShanah/Yom Teruah with all the sweet foods was great and it will be nice to get out of the house for Sukkot - planning on camping out at the State Park at least for the High Days. This is usually the time in pregnancy 26+ weeks that I gain all the weight I lost in the first trimester and then some. Gained 10 lbs so far, from prepregnancy weight of 120lbs so doing well.

Baby is more active, and mostly transverse. I started a knit baby blanket (chocolate and baby blue variegated) and made a cocoon/papoose out of a black boucle/wool sweater I had. Think I will turn the turtleneck part into a matching baby hat too. Anyone else making baby or mommy stuff? This is one of my favorite crochet baby hat patterns - babyswirls.

Can't believe I still have 14 weeks left. Could so give birth today if the little guy was ready. Think I like the name Israel Azariah Angel. Started thinking of Israel because of the Torah portion for the due date. Still have to run it past DH, and well you never really know if it fits until you meet the little guy. We didn't pick Noah's name until a couple days after the birth.

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

Old 09-24-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
I guessed 6 months- I have no idea. What's 22 weeks in months?
That always difficult to answer because everyone thinks of pregnancy as nine months, but really you're counting 40 weeks which ends up being 10 four week periods. I stick to weeks and say how many weeks I have left - and let them do their own math.

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Dea - Are your drinking lots of water due to the heat? I mostly get bh's is when I am a little dehydrated.

MrsAngelic - I'm going to have to try that hat. I have been trying to knit longies for baby, but I give up. I can't knit! I use to crochet, so maybe I need to start that again.

I am doing alright. Now that summer is over I am starting to panic about all that I need to do. I've been really fatigued and I have gotten nearly nothing done so far. I just had a bunch of blood drawn for tests to see if there is a reason I am still so tired. At this point in my daughters pregnancy I felt wonderful.

I'm also trying to decide if I should be freaked out about flu season. October plans are being made and I don't know if we should just lay low or not. We went to the zoo last weekend and my daughter got sick, it seems to be just a mild cold, but I've been very careful about keeping hands clean and all that jazz. It made me slightly more paranoid that no matter what she is going to catch the flu if it's going around.

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAngelic View Post
Well, we have been home a lot since we can't drive our car because we don't have the money for repairs to pass the inspection or to renew insurance. Some days it is nice to be a homebody. Other times the cabin fever builds up, especially when the downstairs neighbors keep coming up to complain about the little footsteps they are hearing downstairs. But we do have a playground and woody area around the apartments so been spending a lot of time out there looking at bugs, mushrooms, etc...

So busy with the High Holidays also Falicia. Good thing I like to cook right now, so hungry all the time! Rosh HaShanah/Yom Teruah with all the sweet foods was great and it will be nice to get out of the house for Sukkot - planning on camping out at the State Park at least for the High Days. This is usually the time in pregnancy 26+ weeks that I gain all the weight I lost in the first trimester and then some. Gained 10 lbs so far, from prepregnancy weight of 120lbs so doing well.

Baby is more active, and mostly transverse. I started a knit baby blanket (chocolate and baby blue variegated) and made a cocoon/papoose out of a black boucle/wool sweater I had. Think I will turn the turtleneck part into a matching baby hat too. Anyone else making baby or mommy stuff? This is one of my favorite crochet baby hat patterns - babyswirls.

Can't believe I still have 14 weeks left. Could so give birth today if the little guy was ready. Think I like the name Israel Azariah Angel. Started thinking of Israel because of the Torah portion for the due date. Still have to run it past DH, and well you never really know if it fits until you meet the little guy. We didn't pick Noah's name until a couple days after the birth.

technically I "knit".... but I've been working on the same baby sweater since I found out, and still only have about 5 inches of the back panel, haha! I only knit on Thursday nights at my knitting group (yay it's thursday!!!)

We're naming our boy Noah as well. I wanted to name him Noel after my gpa who died this spring, but DH hates it. Noah is close

Old 09-24-2009, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAngelic View Post
That always difficult to answer because everyone thinks of pregnancy as nine months, but really you're counting 40 weeks which ends up being 10 four week periods. I stick to weeks and say how many weeks I have left - and let them do their own math.
Yup, I know it! Which is why I sort of make up a month.

I figured- 6 months... well.. it makes it seem like I'm further along then I am, when I'm BARELY past half way if you're looking at the weeks!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
Dea - Are your drinking lots of water due to the heat? I mostly get bh's is when I am a little dehydrated.

MrsAngelic - I'm going to have to try that hat. I have been trying to knit longies for baby, but I give up. I can't knit! I use to crochet, so maybe I need to start that again.

I am doing alright. Now that summer is over I am starting to panic about all that I need to do. I've been really fatigued and I have gotten nearly nothing done so far. I just had a bunch of blood drawn for tests to see if there is a reason I am still so tired. At this point in my daughters pregnancy I felt wonderful.

I'm also trying to decide if I should be freaked out about flu season. October plans are being made and I don't know if we should just lay low or not. We went to the zoo last weekend and my daughter got sick, it seems to be just a mild cold, but I've been very careful about keeping hands clean and all that jazz. It made me slightly more paranoid that no matter what she is going to catch the flu if it's going around.

MIL gave me a H1N1 pamphlet put out by the Canadian government, and all the info in it was very... well, not-scary.

They're trying to determine groups more at risk. They're sure the elderly and very young (under 2) will be more at risk, but other than that they have no idea yet.

They're working on a vaccine, but it seems to be fading out in most areas now.

The regular seasonal flu kills more people per year then the swine flu has so far, so the only real precaution they're advising is to continue to follow proper handwashing guidelines.

It's a bit old- maybe 1.5 months old?- but still... I'm having a lot of trouble panicking. So far in my area only 5 people have died. Two were over 85 and all the others had preceding health problems that made them much more likely to get health complications (respiratory problems and immune system disorder)

Old 09-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylizah View Post
Hey mamas

Dea, are you in the southwest? My parents have been having 100+ temps up until quite recently.
I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area... near San Jose. It's been so hot. ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Yay chat!

I'm going crazy because tomorrow we fly to our hometown for my sister's wedding. I haven't flown in years, and never with a toddler. I'm really nervous that dd will be totally psycho during the flight. And I'm worried about generally being completely EXHAUSTED by the travel, events, etc. Although I am feeling mostly fantastic, I'm definitely experiencing a ton of fatigue. I looked through my pregnancy journal with dd and it looks like 22-26 weeks was a very tired time in that pregnancy, too.

My birthday is on Monday! (Dea, yours, too, right???? ) I will be 29. DH turns 30 next month and I think he's going to go all midlife crisis on me .
Yes my birthday is Monday too! Although I'll be 32. Sigh.

SO I've traveled A LOT with Trixie, like almost every other month since she was born. Now that she's older we play a lot of looking out of the window games. She's fascinated by anything that moves. But as a rule of thumb I pack a snack or a toy for every 15 minutes of the flight. Sounds like a lot, but you can use really little things, even if it's just a paper origami something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
I did some research last night because they were getting a little crazy and I read about dehydration, so I'll make an extra effort today to get lots of water, hopefully it helps. If not I'm a little worried what it could mean for me.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
Old 09-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post

lol, you're watching a chat thread? Haha. That's OK I bet your time is at a premium!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area... near San Jose. It's been so hot. ugh.

Yes my birthday is Monday too! Although I'll be 32. Sigh.

SO I've traveled A LOT with Trixie, like almost every other month since she was born. Now that she's older we play a lot of looking out of the window games. She's fascinated by anything that moves. But as a rule of thumb I pack a snack or a toy for every 15 minutes of the flight. Sounds like a lot, but you can use really little things, even if it's just a paper origami something.

I did some research last night because they were getting a little crazy and I read about dehydration, so I'll make an extra effort today to get lots of water, hopefully it helps. If not I'm a little worried what it could mean for me.

The only other thing I've heard of that causes contractions is a UTI (which always happens to me if I'm not drinking enough- not that I'm drinking so little that I'm dehydrated, just not enough to pee as often as I ought to be). Hopefully it isn't that!

I've heard of midwives recommending a small glass of wine a night to help combat an "irritable uterus," which i think just means lots of BH's contractions but I've never looked it up.

I've heard for toys for kids that really simple things are nice- quiet books that have zippers, buttons, laces, etc (the kind made from felt, easy to DIY!) and small photo albums of family and you can point out different people and talk about what was happening in the picture.

DD isn't even 10 months yet, so i'm not at that stage yet!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 PM

We're doing okay...just starting to freak out about birthdays, Christmas and all the other bills we need to pay off before I quit my job in mid January. It will be at least 8 months before I am able to start to substitute teach and money was so tight this summer when I wasn't working. We are trying hard to save around 1/3 to 1/2 of my paychecks to help cover when I don't get paid. Money is so much fun!

Baby wise this little one is doing great. Moving alot in the evenings and early mornings. Last time I had a prenatal the FHR was in the 160's and it just puts a possible thought that we may have a girl. While it would be so exciting, I doubt my ability to raise a daughter. I do so well with my boys

My husband is definitely more into this pregnancy than the last 2...he did great with our first, but I think the miscarriage threw us both for a loop & we had more fear with our youngest's pregnancy & birth. It is amazing that I am 22 weeks...only 18 more to go! Time is zipping by!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:48 PM

OMG next week I'll be in the THRID TRIMESTER?!??!?!?!?!

is that even possible?!

holy shnikies.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM

MRsAngelic - camping for Sukkot sounds awesome! DD and I are going to my parent's house in CA for most of sukkot. I make baby stuff, but I haven't really started anything yet, YK? From the names of your LOs I'm going to presume you've dealt with B. Milah before? What do they wear? I can't knit to save my life but I can sew...

Dea - I'm from South San Jo, currently living in NY state by way of Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'll be home in early October, I was kinda looking forward to Fall weather. I hope it's not too hot.

Speaking of Fall, the leaves are changing here. I love this time of year.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 AM

I never knew how tired a two year old could make me! He's been skipping his naps and that has been making mommy very very cranky!
Today we went to a huge kids consignment sale. I bought clothes for the boy and the new baby plus a few other things. Hopefully I can now avoid shopping for the next 6 months.

Yesterday I found out that the person I collided with most likely did it on purpose, as part of an insurance scam. I am just beyond angry and frustrated. What if the circumstances were different and I was seriously injured? He could have caused me a complete abruption and put my life at serious risk.

I'm also on call for a mama that was due last week! I am starting to worry a little. I really hope her plans for a natural birth do not go out the window.

We're also involved in a legal matter and have a trial date set to Oct 28th. So I hope and I pray that starting November 1st I can relax and start dreaming about meeting this little guy/girl. And potentially take a very quick babymoon.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post

is that even possible?!

holy shnikies.
Yay third trimester! That makes it seem all very very real, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
I never knew how tired a two year old could make me! He's been skipping his naps and that has been making mommy very very cranky!

Yesterday I found out that the person I collided with most likely did it on purpose, as part of an insurance scam. I am just beyond angry and frustrated. What if the circumstances were different and I was seriously injured? He could have caused me a complete abruption and put my life at serious risk.
First, yes, me too. So tired. My almost-3-year-old seems like a really bad case of anemia. Although I am going to check on my iron levels today.

And, I cannot believe someone hit you as part of an insurance scam! How horrible and irresponsible! He could have put your (or anyone else's life who he may have decided to hit that day) life at risk because he wanted a new car?!!! Disgusting.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:

is that even possible?!

holy shnikies.

Quote:
Today we went to a huge kids consignment sale. I bought clothes for the boy and the new baby plus a few other things. Hopefully I can now avoid shopping for the next 6 months.

I'm also on call for a mama that was due last week! I am starting to worry a little. I really hope her plans for a natural birth do not go out the window.

We're also involved in a legal matter and have a trial date set to Oct 28th. So I hope and I pray that starting November 1st I can relax and start dreaming about meeting this little guy/girl. And potentially take a very quick babymoon.
Oh my goodness! How awful about the insurance scam.

I am doing pretty good here. Excited for my hypnobabies stuff to arrive this week so that I can start that. I am just working on trying to connect with the babies and let them know to stay in there until 37 weeks. They are moving around all the time now. I can't get a moment's peace!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 09-25-2009, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
We're doing okay...just starting to freak out about birthdays, Christmas and all the other bills we need to pay off before I quit my job in mid January. It will be at least 8 months before I am able to start to substitute teach and money was so tight this summer when I wasn't working. We are trying hard to save around 1/3 to 1/2 of my paychecks to help cover when I don't get paid. Money is so much fun!

While it would be so exciting, I doubt my ability to raise a daughter. I do so well with my boys
I just realized that my maternity leave $ runs out the BEGINNING of November, not the end like I thought. I know I have an incredibly sweet deal with nearly a year of funds coming in (I make 55% of my wage). It's doubly sweet because unlike the rest of Canada, my maternity leave just starts all over again when DS is born, so I get 2 years of mat leave back to back.

However, we also rely on my income. And from November 10th- 3 weeks after this baby is born, we have no money coming in. DD was born Nov. 28, so we have her first birthday. Then Christmas. Then new baby coming end of Jan. I'm starting to worry about money. I'm just glad it's DD's FIRST birthday (and technically christmas) so if we get her nothing she won't remember.

I'm doubting my ability to raise a boy. Not because I've done well so far (hard to tell with a 10 month old!) but because I feel like girls would be less complicated. Weird, I know!

Quote:

Wow, you're having a tough time! I can't believe someone hit you on purpose! That makes me so angry, I'm so glad it wasn't worse

Are you a doula?

I hope this legal matter gets settled. A baby moon would be lovely- but we're so not doing one

Quote:

is that even possible?!

holy shnikies.

I'm glad I have some more time!
I keep looking at my belly and being like, "how come you're not bigger? Aren't we more than half-way through here? Come ON!" I was really expecting a watermelon-belly this time, and i'm starting to doubt that i'll get it

Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM

Seems like a lot of mamas are going through financial/housing/marital issues. I hope everything goes great for everyone.

I'm having a hard time thinking about the baby coming so soon, I'm not ready yet! We did find an apartment and are moving out of MIL's house this weekend. While I am so excited about that, I'm also scared because we don't have any income coming in. I have applied for five jobs and had an interview but it means that I will have to continue working after my maternity leave (6 wks) and put Lollo in daycare which I am so not wanting to do. There is the option of taking classes at the university, we are going to go in soon to see how much financial aid I can get and if it will cover our bills until DH gets his housing allowance after basic training which will help alot. The thought of giving birth, saying goodbye to my husband while he goes to training, and then turning the baby over to daycare full time to go to work all in a six week time period sounds like hell to me. This is not the way I wanted this to turn out. But I am happy we are moving this weekend and am trusting it will all work out.

Baby is doing great, she moves so much I am sometimes woken up at night by her activity. I know DS wasn't this active. I have gained quite a bit of weight (22 lbs already) which kills me and can't really work out because I am spotting - either from a friable cervix or a low placenta/very low baby. I am not on bed rest but not doing anything more than just normal stuff. So my inactivity is hard and depressing. Other than that, not much going on. Just hate the fact that we are beyond broke. I have never had such a hard time getting a job in my entire life.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

User Tag List