Weekly Ramble/Chat for October 5 - October 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Weekly Ramble/Chat for October 5 - October 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New chat thread for this week!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

we are 25 weeks! dp's nausea is still around - she threw up on saturday morning after breakfast - well actually she thinks the oj triggered it. we think that she is one of the unlucky few that will be nauseous until she delivers.

our baby boy is kicking up a storm these days - he is crazy active just like his big brother. dp had a bh contraction this morning - the first one that she has noticed.

we are busy getting our son's big boy room ready. he can climb out of his crib at will now and really doesn't want to sleep there. last night i had to put him in our bed and lay with him until he went to sleep. once we were sure he was sound asleep i put him in his crib.

how is everyone else?

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#3 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 AM

26 weeks tomorrow!

I had a prenatal appointment last Wednesday and we talked about all the BH I have been having. I told her that most of them I was feeling down low and some were quite painful. I didn't really know what was normal in a twin pregnancy, so I just wasn't sure. I am measuring 34 weeks now, so I was a little concerned about all the BH.

Anyway, my midwife wanted me to get an ultrasound to check the cervical length and to make sure that it wasn't funneling or anything. I had the appointment set for this Thursday, but my midwife wasn't pleased that I had to wait that long, so she called and they got me in last Friday.

The babies are doing very well in there so far. Nice big pockets of fluid, etc. Baby A is head down and Baby B is kinda lying across my belly and curved around to have his head near his brother. Each baby weighs about 2lbs now! They are both measuring a week ahead for my dates (which we know are accurate, so they will be be big boys).

My cervix is just fine too! Still very long at 4cm with no signs of dilating at all. YAY! I am so relieved. I am going to have another ultrasound to monitor the cervix for any changes in about 4 weeks or so. But so far, she said that I am carrying the twins like a champ.

I will post some pictures later on this weekend. I have a really cute one where it looks like Baby A is kissing baby B on the forehead. *sigh* They are so beautiful in there.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#4 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Nummies - that is so sweet. I bet they are darlings.

Indigoscot - I have been having nausea off and on too depending on what I eat, its really annoying.

This baby is a kicker, she is so active, I honestly don't think she has any down time at all. Every time I wake up in the middle of the night, she is moving around too. Good thing I'm not planning on getting any sleep for the next year.

On a good note, I think my weight gain is leveling out now that I am out of my MIL's house and there is not cake and cookies and candy everywhere. I am still spotting off and on but have stopped really worrying about it. I have another appt in two weeks but everything feels ok. I am still taking it easy though and I really miss my long walks. I feel so lazy.

Today is DH's and my two year anniversary (of our first date) which is exciting even though he's gone all day and we'll have to celebrate another time. Now that the baby is kicking so much and its starting to be more real for him, he's starting to get sad about going away for training. I am starting to get sad too but trying to focus on making right now the best it can be. I don't even want to think about it. Of course, it would help if I could get a job to take up some of my time. I have honestly never had such a difficult time getting a job before.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#5 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM

I'm feeling chatty today so I'll post here.
I am at 25 weeks as well today.
I ended up having an ultrasound a little over a week ago and found out that we have a girl! Wasn't planning on the ultrasound but needed some reassurance about some things and I'm glad I did but my poor little girl didn't seem to like it. She was hiding her face and covering her head and kicking like CRAZY the whole time. Even though it was neat I don't think I will do it again unless we have an emergency.
I'm starting my Hypnobabies Home Study Course today and I am hyped although I can't share with anyone I know cuz I think they will be skeptical.
We are also starting a short (and cheap) birth education course next week put on at the place I'll be birthing cuz my dh is not much of a reader and he wants some ideas.
I don't have another appoinment with our midwife for another 2 weeks.
I've been attending prenatal yoga at least once a week and it's been so nice.
That's about it for me.
#6 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 04:47 PM

Well, last month was SO busy! I had a scheduled appoint of some sort just about every single day! So much to do.

My b/p has risen again, so my meds are doubled to keep it stable. No fun at all. I wish I could just figure out why it was so unstable, then I could fix it. I have never likes treating symptoms. I much rather treat the cause and fix it completely!

And my sons have been sick this last week. So much fun. Not sure what they had though. Just a bit fussy, and running a temp of 100-102. Of course, I did begin feeding them large doses of Vit. C every few hours. So, no other symptoms emerged. Makes me wonder what it was though, I am guessing just some sort of virus.

Things look better for this month. Not as busy. But we shall see. As for today, I am taking the day off. And doing nothing!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#7 of 31 Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Indigo, sorry to hear your DP is still sick!

I'm 27 weeks now and starting to feel BIG. I have had, what I believe to be, BH for the past few weeks. It's odd because I seem to get them worse when I'm sitting around working from home. I'm wondering if it's because I don't drink as much water when I'm at home as when I'm sitting at my desk at work. Baby is still kicking a ton which I'm enjoying. Once in a while, a day goes by where he or she kicks a lot but not the usual all day all night thing. It's happened twice now and freaked me out the first time but I guess baby just needs a rest once in a while

I contacted 2 doulas so DP and I will be meeting with them to decide on who to go with. Regular 5 week appointment with the midwife tomorrow.

Everything seems to be going well except my older cat (14) is suddenly really sick today so I have to take her to the vet this afternoon I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#8 of 31 Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM

Jenny- sorry about the BP and the sick kiddos! Hopefully everything stabilizes for you soon.

Nummies- I'm excited for pictures, too! It sounds adorable.

Remijo- I'm glad things are going well for you. Stupid job situation is rough in a lot of places. just remember it's not YOU, it's the economy!

Shina- I feel ya on the hypnobabies. I've told a couple of family members about it, but they're skeeved out by it (Christians in general seem to have a weird association with hypnosis- my mom said flat out that I'm opening myself to the devil )

Carmen- this baby takes a "break" sometimes and I get a bit panicky, but he always comes back kicking shortly after. Usually I jump around a bit and then lay on my back and he'll wiggle about afterwards, but I feel bad about doing that sometimes.

I had a prenatal appointment today. Waited an hour past my appointment time, was in there for all of 5 minutes and left again. He reassured me I didn't have HIV or syphillis, didn't mention what I'm sure were my HORRIBLE results from my early glucose screening, asked if I wanted a vaccination against Hep B, and made fun of me when I asked what my blood pressure was (he was like, "oh no! Not another one of THOSE!" I was like, what? He said, "the ones with questions!" and joked about another patient of his who came in with a list of questions and he eventually said, "I can't answer these, I have other patients") Then we got into a passive-aggressive argument about me refusing to take the GD test, and I left.

Thankfully, I don't have to go back for another 6 weeks!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#9 of 31 Old 10-06-2009, 10:03 PM

Kidz - hope your little ones get well soon!
Astraia - sounds like a crappy doctor! Hope you don't have to deliver with him!

I am doing well at 23 weeks. Feeling more and stronger movement in there, and getting BH contrax in the later part of the day, so I need to take it easy then and drink my water. Go for another prenatal next week. I will do the 1 hour GD screening at 28 weeks.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#10 of 31 Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmamma View Post
Kidz - hope your little ones get well soon!
Astraia - sounds like a crappy doctor! Hope you don't have to deliver with him!

I am doing well at 23 weeks. Feeling more and stronger movement in there, and getting BH contrax in the later part of the day, so I need to take it easy then and drink my water. Go for another prenatal next week. I will do the 1 hour GD screening at 28 weeks.

It's funny because he's nice and relatively hands off but so... argh, annoying! He thinks he's funny and just sharing information and obviously wouldn't understand me being annoyed with him.

He's only on call for delivery every 10 days (and from what I've heard, the other drs on call at the hospital are generally quite pro-intervention, he's the most pro-natural doctor who delivers there- which scares me!). Lucky for me, I'm planning a UC and will only go to the hospital if I need interventions.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#11 of 31 Old 10-07-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post

He's only on call for delivery every 10 days (and from what I've heard, the other drs on call at the hospital are generally quite pro-intervention, he's the most pro-natural doctor who delivers there- which scares me!). Lucky for me, I'm planning a UC and will only go to the hospital if I need interventions.
Sounds like UC is the best best with that doctor!! Yikes!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#12 of 31 Old 10-07-2009, 11:08 AM

Astraia, that doctor sounds terrible!

I had an appointment with my regular GP today, which went fine. I even got seen a few minutes early! Baby did not seem to like being prodded, and the doctor was relatively encouraging of our homebirth plans/hopes, which was nice (my platelet count has a history of dropping dangerously low, so a homebirth may not be safe in the end).

Nummies, that's really good news about your cervix being stable. 34 weeks seems so big!

People keep telling me that I have a tiny belly, but I feel big. I am having a hard time getting up and down off the floor to play with my toddler. Who, incidentally, bit my stomach yesterday.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#13 of 31 Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Dea

I am so tired. so tired. so tired.
we've had a lot of visitors, which means go go go go.... so now I need to collapse. Except my mom's group has some stuff coming up and I am quite involved. No time to rest.
so tired!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#14 of 31 Old 10-07-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
I am so tired. so tired. so tired.
we've had a lot of visitors, which means go go go go.... so now I need to collapse. Except my mom's group has some stuff coming up and I am quite involved. No time to rest.
so tired!

I have time to rest ... I mean, I'm not DOING anything. But DD (10 months) won't sleep- she won't nap for more than 30 minutes (and it usually takes me 20 min to fall asleep), and is still waking up a bajillion times at night.

I feel asleep on the couch twice... this last time DH came downstairs from his shower and found DD playing with a raw chicken thigh (we feed our dog raw).

I really hope she didn't put it in her mouth.

#15 of 31 Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe View Post
Astraia, that doctor sounds terrible!

I had an appointment with my regular GP today, which went fine. I even got seen a few minutes early! Baby did not seem to like being prodded, and the doctor was relatively encouraging of our homebirth plans/hopes, which was nice (my platelet count has a history of dropping dangerously low, so a homebirth may not be safe in the end).

Nummies, that's really good news about your cervix being stable. 34 weeks seems so big!

People keep telling me that I have a tiny belly, but I feel big. I am having a hard time getting up and down off the floor to play with my toddler. Who, incidentally, bit my stomach yesterday.
Yay for a good appointment!

I'm still getting the "you're so small" thing. And sometimes I totally agree with them and other times I think they're all nuts. I'm also having trouble getting up off the floor, haha.

#16 of 31 Old 10-08-2009, 11:45 AM

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, sorry your partner is still sick Indigo - I just barely stopped being sick long enough to move into our new place and then promptly get big and uncomfortable again.

I can't beleive how big I am - measuring 31 1/2 at 26 weeks ACK! I measured ahead with DD to, so no one is really concerned, just makes me wonder exactally when this babe is going to show up. But hey, I am almost done sewing all the newborn stuff and then we are ready! So as long as this baby is healthy happy and fully developed he/she can come anytime.

Astria - I can't beleive that doctor, good thing you are planning a UC anyway, or I would switch pratices!

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#17 of 31 Old 10-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
Astria - I can't beleive that doctor, good thing you are planning a UC anyway, or I would switch pratices!
I can't switch practices- he's the only dr in a 2 hr radius who would even take me on as a patient.

Our healthcare system here (Quebec, Canada) is a little bit... um, terrible.

#18 of 31 Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Well I am an aunt again !!! , my future SIL had her baby today...on her due date no less

It was kinda weird being at the hospital knowing that I am going to be there soon myself

Engaged to my soulmate Thomas ...mom to Benjamin (11) Savannah (under a year) , and expecting Henry (January 21, 2011 )
#19 of 31 Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 PM

Hi everyone, I'm glad we have a chat thread!

I'm tired! My little sis got married a few weeks ago and that wore me out... then I had a test in a class this week, which stressed me out big time. I skipped a seminar last night so I could play with dd and go to bed early. I feel a lot better today.

I had a prenatal last week that went great. I'm growing but not feeling huge yet. I haven't gained as much weight this time around. I attribute that to chasing a toddler and not having lots of time to sit around and eat like I did with #1! I'm starting to think about birth logistics and even bought some post partum supplies this week (I had coupons about to expire!). DH has also brought up a few things we need to iron out for the birth. It's exciting to be heading into the 3rd tri. My baby is active but not as frenetic as dd was. We are getting very excited to meet this baby and today I am feeling like it will take FOREVER to get to January!! My best friend from HS gave birth this morning to a lovely baby girl, and it has me totally wanting my own baby earthside. We are really, really hoping this is a girl! We call the baby by our chosen girl name (still no clue for a boy, sigh ) and... we just really hope it's her!!

Oh -- for those of you needing a carseat, go to diapers.com! They have a sale on Britax seats for $80 off, and they do free shipping! PLUS if you use the code 10percent, you get 10% off -- so a $280 convertible seat cost us $180 TOTAL. Through Oct 18.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#20 of 31 Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 PM

Glad to hear everyone is doing relatively well.

I'm 25 weeks and am starting to feel big and clumsy. But considering I was in agonizing pain with scatica this time last pg, I'm feeling great!
I've been having weird feet issues though. I'm still in flip flops and maybe that's the problem but two weeks ago I had really bad heal pain that started and went away really quickly. It hurt to put pressure on and felt like soemthing was in my foot. Today my other foot on the side of my sole started doing it too. I think it's time for some proper shoes!

Babe's been kicking up a storm but has been quiet the past few days. I still feel him/her moving around but not as often or as strong. A few days ago my belly was rolling and my husband could feel today I really have to focus to feel the movements so I'm guessing baby is facing my back maybe. I'm all paranoid about movement now after my 24 week appt with my midwife when we talked about preterm labour and being aware of movements.

anyhoo.. that's about it around here... my kids are both sick (1 has a head and chest cold and my toddler has diarreah and is SUPER cranky) so that combined with my foot pain, I'm taking the day off tomorrow. Hopefully we'll all be feeling much better for Turkey Day on Sunday!

#21 of 31 Old 10-08-2009, 11:54 PM

hey there,

haven't posted much lately....

...feeling a little melancholy and lonely.

DH has been working crazy hours for the last couple of months, and it is wearing me/us down. He gets up at 6am, and gets in at 10pm...I feel like a single mom...

...my drive to keep a clean house and provide healthy meals has fallen precipitously....

I'm feeling big (27wks), and can't believe there are still/only 13wks to go!

I'm stressing about where we are going to put 3 children and 2 adults in a 2 bedroom house, feeling very little 'real' support from anyone reasonably local...just a little worried and lonely.

...DH said that the "Big" jobs around the house are done, and that he will be available on the weekends...but somehow, I'll believe it when I see it.

oh, and I have vericose veins. ...and I'm really bummed about it. I lost all of my hair last year because of chemo, but this is hitting me harder...my hair will come back, and I can work out post-baby, but my legs will NEVER be the same...

*sigh*

anyway, hope everyone is doing well,
cheers,
charlene
#22 of 31 Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakims View Post
I've been having weird feet issues though. I'm still in flip flops and maybe that's the problem but two weeks ago I had really bad heal pain that started and went away really quickly. It hurt to put pressure on and felt like soemthing was in my foot. Today my other foot on the side of my sole started doing it too. I think it's time for some proper shoes!
I so feel your pain!! I get this too, though I haven't had while pregnant. It's called "plantar fasciitis" and its inflamed tissue that covers the bottom of your foot. I get it from walking barefoot on my hardwood floors too much. If I don't take it easy when it starts, it can get pretty painful, to the point of not being able to walk. Try wearing running shoes even indoors for a couple days, and try stretching your calf muscles too. I am also a flip flop addict. I wear them until it snows

I am so exhausted right now... my 1 year old who never was a good sleeper is suddenly a terrible sleeper, screaming all night for boos. My unborn baby seems to feel very happy kicking me in the cervix all night. And DH is snoring from a cold. I'm about ready to head to a motel for the night lol.

The cold weather showed up a month early here on the farm so we are rushing to finish every thing before the ground freezes permanently. Poor pigs had a night of -13 out of the blue. It wasn't forecast as even being below zero My son, we discovered, loves the salt lick we put out for the cows. He saw them licking it and went and had a taste, and LOVED it. Every time we go out there he demands it.

I've been hanging back reading MDC without replying because I'm just too tired. I love being able to connect with you gals and reading what you write without having to always write myself. It makes me feel less isolated out here in the woods. Keep on chatting

Placenta eating EC mom to my sweet DS Skyy 08/24/08 and Lotus Birth HBAC DD Aspen 01/13/2010 Healed by her birth
#23 of 31 Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 AM

hey mamas,
it's good to read how everyone's doing! I've been doing well with preparation, got my homebirth supplies in the mail woohoo! I also got my hose & fittings for the sink so that we can bring water in to the birth tub. My list of things I need seems to keep growing, but it feels manageable if it's down on paper for some reason.

physically I'm feeling well. People have been telling me I popped out (time for another belly pic!) but I feel like I'm the same. It sure is getting harder to bend over, I now have to stand and prop my feet up on a chair to tie my laces.

Also started to get mild heartburn. Noooo!!! I hate heartburn with a passion, hopefully I can figure out what's triggering it. Baby has been enjoying kicking me in the bladder, it feels almost like bladder spasms... too funny, but I do enjoy feeling the kicks even if I almost wet my pants

Fall is setting in, and I'm looking forward to hunkering down. It feels like I'll be having a 4-5 month nesting period instead of a 2 week blitz! Maybe because I'm planning a homebirth, but so much of my mental focus is looking toward "baby time". I've been harrassing DH to get our wood-burning stove insert finished, he has a piece being fabricated even as we speak for the chimney liner, and once that is set and good to go I feel like I can breathe a big sigh of relief. That is, until I figure out the next project

off to bed, I sure have been over-doing it on the no sleep thing! Oh, for the pp who mentioned feet pain, I've started wearing supportive running shoes in the house, and now that it's cool enough to wear jeans I've been wearing sneakers everywhere that I can. I still have a little bit of self-image, so not everywhere, but they sure make things better.

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#24 of 31 Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgal053080 View Post
Well I am an aunt again !!! , my future SIL had her baby today...on her due date no less

It was kinda weird being at the hospital knowing that I am going to be there soon myself
Congratulations auntie! My brother and SIL had their baby two weeks ago and it made me really excited for these babies to get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post

Oh -- for those of you needing a carseat, go to diapers.com! They have a sale on Britax seats for $80 off, and they do free shipping! PLUS if you use the code 10percent, you get 10% off -- so a $280 convertible seat cost us $180 TOTAL. Through Oct 18.
Thanks for the tip! We need a new carseat.

Charlene- Sorry you are feeling lonely dear.

Regina- That is great that you are chipping away at your to-buy list! Ours is slowly going down too. I still need to get all the birth supplies yet though.

I haven't been sleeping well these past couple of days. *yawn*

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#25 of 31 Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Charlene- you're not having an easy time of it at all! Is your DH going to be around more soon? Is this a temporary thing of working extra long hours? I hope it starts to even out. It's amazing how even a little bit more help- or having one person IRL to vent to- can make the entire week seem a bit brighter.

Could your DH come home early ONE night a week so you can get out to a book club or something like that? Getting out is so important, for me at least.

Nudhist- I feel you on the sleep thing! LOL at your son and the salt lick, that's hilarious. We've got snow forecasted for next week NOT IMPRESSED!

ratrodgrl- I would SO so so so love a woodstove here, but we're in a dinky little townhouse and there is just nowhere safe to put it. That's the #1 thing on our list for our next house, there's something so cozy about it.

We're also planning a homebirth and I haven't bought a thing, but my mental list is firmly established. I just need to get out and do it - and probably do it soon, since November-February are our "lean" months with a significant drop in income.

Sore feet- I had it so bad last time. I would wear supportive running shoes all day and it wouldn't be too awful as long as i was up and moving, but as soon as I sat down/lay down for an extended period it was awful. I used to crawl to the bathroom in the middle of the night because it took awhile for everything in my feet to loosen up so that it wasn't agonizing to walk. I'd hobble for the first 30 min or so every morning. No fun.

It's starting up again- just a tightness through the sole of my foot. I'm doing yoga and a lot of that stretches my foot out and I find that when I'm consistently doing my DVD it feels a lot better. Not great, but better.

#26 of 31 Old 10-10-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudhistbudhist View Post
I so feel your pain!! I get this too, though I haven't had while pregnant. It's called "plantar fasciitis" and its inflamed tissue that covers the bottom of your foot. I get it from walking barefoot on my hardwood floors too much. If I don't take it easy when it starts, it can get pretty painful, to the point of not being able to walk. Try wearing running shoes even indoors for a couple days, and try stretching your calf muscles too.
My husband suffers from this and a really good pair of orthotics (shoe inserts) -- like, ones you get from a podiatrist or order or whatever -- make all the difference in the world for him. He has to wear them daily or OW!!!

Dudes, it's snowing here WTF??? I don't want to be 9 months pregnant in another awful Iowa winter like I was with dd! I fell in the ice 3 times and then once she was born, was completely paranoid about driving with her in the car. I'm already waking up in the middle of the night worrying about this!!

I haven't bought too much stuff yet but I did get some post partum supplies this week with coupons. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself! Plus we live in a small place so I don't want to get all cluttered too soon.

My parents are on their way to visit for the weekend, so I should get cleaning...

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#27 of 31 Old 10-10-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
My husband suffers from this and a really good pair of orthotics (shoe inserts) -- like, ones you get from a podiatrist or order or whatever -- make all the difference in the world for him. He has to wear them daily or OW!!!

Dudes, it's snowing here WTF??? I don't want to be 9 months pregnant in another awful Iowa winter like I was with dd! I fell in the ice 3 times and then once she was born, was completely paranoid about driving with her in the car. I'm already waking up in the middle of the night worrying about this!!

I haven't bought too much stuff yet but I did get some post partum supplies this week with coupons. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself! Plus we live in a small place so I don't want to get all cluttered too soon.

My parents are on their way to visit for the weekend, so I should get cleaning...

It's supposed to snow here on Wednesday. I am SO NOT IMPRESSED! (just wanted to make that clear, haha). I emailed about a used babywearing/maternity coat (suse's kindercoat) and I REALLY hope it's still available because I want it last week!

I'm thinking about buying ice-gripper thingies that you wear on your boots (you strap them on like snowshoes, and they just have a lot of little metal hooks on the sole to grip the ice). I fell a few times last winter while wearing DD and it was scary... I dno't want to fall while wearing DD and DS (or while pregnant). Ick.

I bought spare sheets and towels from the thrift store and a plastic-backed tablecloth and located our tarp. So far that's all I've got in the way of birth supplies, but I really don't need much.... All I need is to pick up the pool I'm buying from a lovely mama here on MDC once she's done with it and get some "emergency" herbs.

Eee, it's exciting! We're getting so close! (and I'm not due until the very END of January, you're all a lot closer then I am!)

#28 of 31 Old 10-10-2009, 11:46 PM

We got six inches last night. And its icing up a little bit tonight so I'll have to be careful, I'm kind of paranoid about falling too. I had my last baby in June in Florida so this whole pregnancy thing in winter and the cold is weird for me. I definitely need a coat, none of mine will zip up anymore.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#29 of 31 Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 AM

I can't beleive you guys have snow already! Well, I guess we do too, but on the mountains not in the valley where I live. It will probably snow down here by halloween - which is not that far away... creepy.

I am **** trying to figure out what to do for shoes for winter - its a pain in my side.. why can't they make easy slip on winter boots, preferably the kind that are warm and snuggly.

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#30 of 31 Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
We got six inches last night. And its icing up a little bit tonight so I'll have to be careful, I'm kind of paranoid about falling too. I had my last baby in June in Florida so this whole pregnancy thing in winter and the cold is weird for me. I definitely need a coat, none of mine will zip up anymore.
I told DH I need a maternity/baby wearing jacket and he just looked at me funny. "But you have a coat. You bought it last year"

"Yes" I say patiently. "But it's October and it already won't zip"

Ever frugal (when it comes to ME spending money, anyway!) he says, "can't you just wear a sweater underneath?"

"Honey. We live in a very cold part of the world. Our temperatures are, on average, lower than St. Petersburg, Russia- which is often joked about as being one of the coldest cities in the world. I will NOT wander around with my jacket unzipped through all of JANUARY!" Not to mention that I also don't have any sweaters that fit right now either!

I got a pair of "fashion" boots from MIL.... not warm at all. I've got my snuggly boots from a few winters ago that still fit. They're a pain in the neck to put on (lace ups) and they look awful- stained and rusting- but they're warm!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page