Those that "failed" the 1 hour glucose test...what was your number? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did mine today and failed. My blood sugar was 149. It's really ironic because I failed the 1 hour with my DD also and my number was 149. Weird! LOL I passed the 3 hour with her so I'm hoping to do the same with this little guy! I take the 3 hour on Friday.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM

Hrm, I'd probably get cranky with my mw/ob and not retest, nor accept their label of GD with just 149! Only 20% of women with that level go on to fail the 3hr.

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/gd/gd_testing.htm

I'd offer to make some dietary changes, start exercising a little more and would even monitor my numbers at home for a week, if they were resistant.

Sure sorry you failed and have to do the 3hr! I hope your results go just like your first and you pass with flying colors!

Caefi
#3 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody is diagnosing me with GD just from the 1 hour or even assuming that I have it before going to do the 3 hour. Diabetes (non-gestational) runs in my family so I'm willing to do the testing. I was just curious about other's numbers who "failed" the 1 hour. Ya know... pregnancy conversational pieces. LOL

#4 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
Nobody is diagnosing me with GD just from the 1 hour or even assuming that I have it before going to do the 3 hour. Diabetes (non-gestational) runs in my family so I'm willing to do the testing. I was just curious about other's numbers who "failed" the 1 hour. Ya know... pregnancy conversational pieces. LOL
hiya. My first level was 153 (with a high end of normal fasting level done first). I passed the second. My midwife is still iffy on my results because of my high end of normal fasting glucose and history of big babies and other "risk factors."

GD is a "hot" topic around here. Good luck with your three hour. I'll warn you though, the glucola for the three hour was so sweet it burned on the way down.... ick.

Edit- sorry, just re-read your OP and you've done the three hour before so you already know how "tasty" it is. Good luck!
#5 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 PM

I "failed" the 1-hr about 10 days ago with a 149. I passed the 3-hr test last week. I'm not sure of my numbers with the 3 hour. I tried to talk my Dr. into letting me self monitor but he insisted that I take the 3 hour.

The lab waiting area was filled with kids getting tested for step throat. I was ready to bail out of the test if another kid coughed on me while I waited. Ugh!

Good Luck.

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#6 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

BoSox Mama - yeah, I have "risk" factors too. DD was 10lbs 7oz. Diabetes runs in my family. I was 10lbs overweight when I got pg. Blah blah blah.

Proud2Be - that stinks about the lab waiting area! Yuck. The lab I go to lets me have my own private room with a padded table thingy so I can take a nap in between the blood draws.

#7 of 18 Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
The lab I go to lets me have my own private room with a padded table thingy so I can take a nap in between the blood draws.

OHHHHH! I think I would go just for the nap!

hope it all works out,
cheers,
charlene
#8 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:

Proud2Be - that stinks about the lab waiting area! Yuck. The lab I go to lets me have my own private room with a padded table thingy so I can take a nap in between the blood draws.
Oh yeah... that sounds like a semi-spa treatment!
#9 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 10:01 AM

I did the 1h two weeks ago and failed with 151. So I did the 3h a week ago. I haven't seen my numbers because the doctor said she saw the results but they just weren't in put in my file yet. But she said that if I had failed again they would have already contacted me...so yay!

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#10 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 11:06 AM

I failed the one hour with a 151. I have done the three hour but have not heard about my results yet. (An awful experience!) All those saying they passed with similar one hour numbers gives me hope though!
#11 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 12:04 PM

With DD I failed the 1hour with 142. Passed the 3hr though. With DS had no problems passing the 1 hr. Not sure if I'll be take it this time or not.

Israel, mom to  DD, Ivy, 4-27-06 :and DS, Kai, 12-29-07 and DD, Lilith 2-1-10 and always remembering Alice fullterm stillborn 08/31/11 (unexplained placental abruption) 

#12 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM

I passed the three hour! Very relieved.
#13 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 08:16 PM

First Test failed with 155, second test failed as well. Thursday we decide on Insulin. At least I know.

Congrats on passing ladies.
#14 of 18 Old 10-27-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith1 View Post
First Test failed with 155, second test failed as well. Thursday we decide on Insulin. At least I know.

Congrats on passing ladies.
oh no! Sorry to hear. But I agree, at least you know...
#15 of 18 Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 PM

i always seem to be late to these threads since my EDD is at the end of the month

i have failed the 1 hour - my number was 172.

so, i've got to schedule the 3 hour for the week after thanksgiving.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#16 of 18 Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM

I failed with a 184!

I was very surprised because I have no risk factors and in fact, the baby is currently measuring on the small side. With #1 I passed the 1 HR, DS also measured small, my fundal length was on the short side, etc. etc.

I did pass the 3 H, but only barely. One of my numbers was above the cut-off and all the others were just below it. In theory I'm trying to eat better just to be on the safe side, but in practice...well, I'm not being so good.
#17 of 18 Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 PM

I didnt do the 1 hr glucose test. My dr felt that the A1C would give a more more accurate picture so took it last visit. Guess we shall see in two weeks how I did.

Here's hoping you pass the 3 hr like before!
#18 of 18 Old 01-09-2010, 06:20 PM

Bumping this! I just failed the 1-hour with a 200 I'm hoping against hope that there's some way I'll pass the 3-hour, but it's not looking good. Anyone fail with a high number like that and go on to pass the 3-hour?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page