Birth Predictions Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did this with my daughter and thought it was fun after the fact to see how wrong or right we were, so I thought I'd start one for this baby too!

So I'll start, here are my predictions:

BOY because we know that he is 100% boy I'm cheating, I know!
He'll be born either Jan 27 (1 day before his due date)
OR February 1st (at 41 weeks exactly) - I just can't figure out which feels more "right" so I'm putting them both.

Guessing he'll weigh 8 lbs 3 oz
20 inches long

He'll be born early early morning- 3-4 am
Active labour will be about 4 hours

And because I thought this was hilarious, my Madam Zaritska Prediction:

The day you deliver, outside will be stormy. Your baby will arrive in the mid morning. After a labor lasting approximately 10 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 14 pounds, 8 ounces, and will be 16-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark amber eyes and some brown hair.

http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com...perience-1.php

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#2 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 AM

Here is my Madame Zaristka prediction:
The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the early afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 17 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 16 inches long. This child will have medium blue eyes and some brown hair.

My prediction:
Definitely a baby...still have no clue on sex at all
Date of Birth: January 22, 2010 (Friday)
Weight: no more than 6lbs 8 oz. (1st was 5-11 & 2nd was 6-2)
Time: in the morning...(both other babies were morning babies)
Length: 20" (a 16" long baby is kinda scary)
Labor time: praying for less than 25 hours (first was 43 & 2nd was 25)

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#3 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 02:32 AM

oh, the Madame stuff is cracking me up! here's what her prediction is for me:
The day you deliver, outside will be hot. Your baby will arrive in the evening. After a labor lasting approximately 17 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and will be 16 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and a little patch of auburn hair.

hot outside, huh? well, we've had warm Christmases before! (I'm by the coast) but usually it's chilly.

Anyways, my thoughts:

For sure a boy (u/s was pretty clear). Due Date is 1/2/10 but I think he'll come on 12/28/09. Size, 21" and 9lb even. I'm rooting for a short labor of about 6 hours. Interestingly enough, my son was a 17 hour labor and had red hair so the Madame might have been thinking of his birth (altho I agree with Mary, 16" is freaky small!).

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#4 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 06:01 AM

Madame Zaritska, using her mystical powers, has the following prediction:

The day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 4 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 13 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 22 inches long. This child will have dark hazel eyes and some brown hair.

All guesses are fair on the gender, so it could be a girl, and I am measuring 4 weeks ahead so it could be a big girl... but 13.7 might be a tad on the ginormous side...

My prediction:
Boy, 9'8, 22 inches, born on or prior to January 19th. (I'm due the 23rd)
Laboring 20+ hours.

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08
#5 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

I keep thinking of my Madam Z prediction and cracking up. 14 lbs but only 16 inches?? She'd be like a bowling ball! LOL!

This is fun! It'll be neat to see what actually happens

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#6 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 10:10 AM

My Prediction:

Date and Time: December 23rd around 7am
Hours of Labor: 8
Weights/Lengths: both between 5.75 and 6.25lbs and 18 inches

Madame's:
The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the late evening. After a labor lasting approximately 13 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 4 ounces, and will be 17-1/2 inches long. This child will have medium blue eyes and barely there red hair.

Her prediction actually isn't totally out of the realm of possibility apart from the length and the fact that I know that I am having 2 girls. I have a red head already and it definitely runs in the family.

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09
#7 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM

I think the baby is a boy
Born in my 39th week
6 lbs and 10 oz.
19"
Born in the morning

Here is the Madame's take on it:
The day you deliver, outside will be hot. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the night. After a labor lasting approximately 20 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 20-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and barely there blonde hair.

My thoughts are that it will be a darn miracle if it is "hot" outside in January in Wisconsin. But I guess we will see

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#8 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 AM

this is fun!

well, this is our second babe but dp's first and we used the same donor. given those factors:

boy (confirmed twice via u/s)
date: january 12th in the evening (due date is january 17th)
9lbs 4oz, 21.5" long
labour time: hopefully not my 24hr marathon!! 12hrs.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#9 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 AM

Due Date: January 12th
Predicted date of Delivery: December 30th
Length of Labor: 8 hours
Baby # for you: 2 and 3
Baby's weight: Baby A 7lbs even, Baby B 6lbs 13oz
Baby's height: 20 inches for each baby
And both boys!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#10 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Due Date: January 8
Predicted date of Delivery: December 28th
Length of Labor: 8 hours
Baby # for you: 4
Baby's weight: 9lbs 13oz
Baby's height: 21.5 inches
We know that JingleBelle is a girl!

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#11 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 AM

My computer generated prediction:

The day you deliver, outside will be dark. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 44 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 19,19-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark amber eyes and a lot of black hair.

44 hour labor!!??
#12 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 11:52 AM

My prediction:

A GIRL
Due date: January 14, 2010
Born: January 10, 2010
Dark hair, blue eyes
7lbs even, 21"
Born before 10:30am

Labor: six hours
Baby #2
#13 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 11:55 AM

I went back and found my predictions for my daughter's birth:

The day you deliver, outside will be sunny. Your baby will arrive in wee hours of the morning. After a labor lasting approximately 2 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and will be 19 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and dark hair. But there is more. I sense that you are feeling some stress. This is very normal. However, I would like to suggest that you try some of these methods to pamper yourself a bit. <-- Mme Z.

OK, the stress thing is true. Sunny in February/March in Iowa... I guess it's possible, although it will be friggin' cold. However, a 2 hour labor?? I think not. I would be absolutely shocked if my labor was that short (this is my first kid -- I'd rather anticipate a marathon and be pleasantly surprised than hope for a quickie and be disappointed). I just don't see myself as a precipitous labor type gal.

I think it's a boy, and it's possible that the coloring is right but for some reason I expect my kid to look more like DH (blond/blue eyes) than me (dark hair/eyes). So it's possible but I'd be surprised. I certainly wouldn't mind a darker babe, or a girl.

Mme Z was right about the sunny day -- it was the only sunny day in February that year!! And it WAS a girl, even though I was sure it was a boy (although I was right about her coloring -- very fair). Labor was DEFINITELY longer than 2 hours -- more like 21, and DD was 8lb5oz and 18 in.

For this baby, Mme Z says:
"The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the late afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 15 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and will be 17-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark blue eyes and barely there blonde hair."

Cloudy -- I can see that, being in Iowa in January. I would love another girl, so I hope she's right about that! I kind of hope labor is shorter than 15 hours, but I'm not going to get picky on that -- anything shorter is a gain in my book!

My predictions:
I think it's a girl. I think she'll be born during my 39th week, like Robin was -- sometime in the 'teens in January. I keep thinking 18th, but I think that's just because I like the number 18. (I thought the same thing with DD, and she was due the 26th of Feb). I think this girl will be darker in coloring. I think she'll be around 8.5 lbs and avg length (longer than DD). I don't know what time she will be born, though -- sometimes I envision a middle of the night birth, sometimes I think it will be daytime. But I don't think it will be early morning.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#14 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, this is my first baby, so I'm really going out on a limb here. LOL.

My due date is January 29th, but I feel very strongly about having a February babe ... perhaps February 5th.

(Joking, of course), but I told my husband I refuse to have a baby 9 pounds or larger. I'm hoping for a little one between 7 & 8 1/2 pounds.

As for height ... 21 1/2 inches. Again, I have no clue how long my baby will actually be!

I know I'm having a boy.

I see him being born in late evening. I'll call it a 22 hour labor (really I have no clue).

I'd love a little redhead. (Husband is a blonde.) I'd be happy with either hair color. And I think his eyes will be blue like my husband's.

And I'm hoping he'll be born at home in a birthing tub.

Madame Zaritska's predictions:

The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the early afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 16 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 11 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have light brown eyes and some brown hair.
#15 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 12:46 PM

Fun!

My predictions:

Girl (although I have no real reason for guessing that...)
Due: January 3, 2010
Birthdate: December 24, 2010 or January 9, 2010
Good amount of dark hair
About 8-8.5lbs
No idea on length...
Born in the evening after a 6 - 8 hour labour

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#16 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 PM

My prediction

A boy (just because we have 2 boys already and I have decided that is all we will ever have but I really don't have a clue)
8-8 1/2 lbs 19 1/2 inches
born on December 28th after 11ish hours of labor
born in the early afternoon
Lots of dark hair and dark brown eyes

Fun!!

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(7) and Alex (4), Elizabeth (21 months) and due with #4 mid june

#17 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My prediction:

Gender: I initially thought girl and then I was convinced boy and that changed to thinking I was having a girl again.
Due date: Dec 31/Jan 1
Born: December 31
Weight/Length: 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 20"
Labor: 12 hours

Here was my Madame Zaritska prediction:

The day you deliver, outside will be dark. Your baby will arrive in the mid morning. After a labor lasting approximately 4 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 9 pounds, 1 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and a lot of black hair.
#18 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM

Ok, this is fun. My predictions:

Gender: I was convinced it was a boy, but now I really don't know. Stupid Chinese chart threw me off my game.
Due date: January 30th
Born: February 2nd
Weight/Length: 7 pounds 8 ounces, 21" long
Labor: 11 hours

Madame's (eerily plausible, except awfully skinny):

The day you deliver, outside will be foggy. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 7 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 2 ounces, and will be 21 inches long. This child will have light gray eyes and a little patch of brown hair.
#19 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 06:11 PM

It's fun to guess. :P

Let's see, well we know it's a boy.
I keep thinking he will be born Jan 1st, but I suspect that's just because I've always thought that would be cool. But, also that would be three weeks early, which was what my daughter was.
Actually guess Jan 7
weight/length 8 pounds 1 ounce, 20.5"
Labor, 1 hour... haha. Ok, really I am going to say 10 hours.
I hope he doesn't come at 4 am like my daughter, that was rough. So, I'll guess 1:43am

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#20 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCmama View Post
My computer generated prediction:
44 hour labor!!??

Glad it wasn't my prediction LOL

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#21 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 PM

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the late night.

After a labor lasting approximately 48 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 10 ounces, and will be 21 inches long. This child will have medium green eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

My predictions....

uhm, lets see, it always snows around this time where I live, so unfortunately, I think it is going to be a cold, snowy day, that day being January 18th. I already know we're having a boy, I confirmed that looking at the u/s before my doc did! 6lbs even, 18 inches long, with blue eyes and a furry head of RED hair! He's going to come after a 5 hour labor, right around lunchtime!

I'm interested to see how many of us are right! We don't have very much longer to wait, do we?

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#22 of 32 Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 PM

The day you deliver, outside will be windy. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 18 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 16 inches long. This child will have dark violet eyes and some red hair.

My predictions:
Due Date: Jan 3
Predicted date of delivery: Hmm... December 27th, in the late afternoon/early evening
Length of Labour: 4.5 hours
Weight: 8lbs 12oz
Length: 21.5 inches
The ultrasound says a boy, so hopefully it is! Otherwise, she will be wearing a lot of blue.
Lots of dark hair, likely brown eyes.

It will be fun to see how close (or not close!) everyone is.
#23 of 32 Old 11-07-2009, 04:37 AM

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#24 of 32 Old 11-07-2009, 01:22 PM

Here is Madame Zaritska's prediction (if its warm in January in Wyoming, I'll be floored, although the rest is not a bad prediction.)

The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the late evening. After a labor lasting approximately 17 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 9 pounds, 3 ounces, and will be 21 inches long. This child will have dark hazel eyes and some red hair.

Due Date: Jan 20
Predicted date of delivery: I think she'll be late - Jan 23
Length of Labour: 15 hours (1st baby was 18)
Weight: 7lbs, 5 oz
Length: 21 inches
She'll be a girl (I'm relying on the US) and likely have a little bit of brown hair and brown/hazel eyes.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#25 of 32 Old 11-07-2009, 10:49 PM

I did this earlier in my pregnancy. I'll do it again now that I'm further along.

Due Date: December 27th
Predicted date of Delivery: December 23rd
Length of Labor: 1.5-2 hours
Baby # for you: 4
Baby's weight: 9 lbs., 11 oz
Baby's height: 22.5 inches

The day you deliver, outside will be hazy. Your baby will arrive in the early afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 10 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 5 ounces, and will be 22 inches long. This child will have dark blue eyes and a little patch of blonde hair.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08 angel2.gif  and rainbow1284.gif Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again December 7th! baby.gif 
#26 of 32 Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Gumby View Post
I did this earlier in my pregnancy. I'll do it again now that I'm further along.
Did you find that your predictions changed as your pregnancy progressed? Or is it about the same now as it was then?

#27 of 32 Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Here are my predictions:

Boy (says 2 U/S)
January 19th birthday (Due date: Jan 12th)
4 hours of labor
Born around 4 AM
9 lbs 10 oz (DD was 9 lbs 8 oz and this one feels bigger)
23" long
It will be cold outside.

Madame Zaritska's predictions:

The day you deliver, outside will be shiny. Your baby will arrive in the late morning. After a labor lasting approximately 48 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 5 pounds, 2 ounces, and will be 17-1/2 inches long. This child will have medium brown eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

The baby will not have brown eyes unless I had an affair and didn't realize it.
#28 of 32 Old 11-08-2009, 10:44 AM

My guesses-
Boy...cause I know already
Date:feb. 7 (because thats the only day i DONT want to have him! its superbowl sunday and i hate football)
Weight-somewhere between 8 and 9 lbs
height-21 inches

Madam whoevers guesses

The day you deliver, outside will be stormy. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 6 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and will be 20 inches long. This child will have dark violet eyes and a little patch of brown hair.

her guesses arent THAT out there. at least she doesnt think i'm having a short chubby baby haha

Summer--momma to Cassie (9-27-06) and Dominic 1-28-10
#29 of 32 Old 11-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
Did you find that your predictions changed as your pregnancy progressed? Or is it about the same now as it was then?
There's only a slight difference. I predicted 9.5-10 lbs and 23 inches then and labor no more than 2 hours. DH is convinced I'm going to have him before he comes home on leave, so I put the 23rd. I really don't see him coming before 39 weeks.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08 angel2.gif  and rainbow1284.gif Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again December 7th! baby.gif 
#30 of 32 Old 11-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
OMG:

The day you deliver, outside will be rainy. Your baby will arrive in the evening. After a labor lasting approximately 12 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 14 pounds, 1 ounces, and will be 22 inches long. This child will have light green eyes and barely there black hair.

First off, if I have a 12 hour labor I will be shocked! And 14 pounds?! Holy cow, I am giving birth to Chris Farley? Oy Vey!

My birth prediction:

Three hours of labor (please, please God, let this labor follow my others!).
Boy, around 8lbs.
Bald w/blue/grey eyes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page