Achy back and hips!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems like all of the sudden the aches and pains have kicked into high gear. The couple of days I have noticed a MAJOR increase in hip and back pain. Only 6-10 weeks left and some days it can't be soon enough.

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(7) and Alex (4), Elizabeth (21 months) and due with #4 mid june

#2 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM

I have been visiting my chiropractor religiously and I am much more comfortable than I have been at this point in my pregnancy with my DD. However, getting out of bed results in a lot of cracking and slow moving to avoid pain in my hips & lower back.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#3 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 05:06 PM

I second seeing a chiropractor. I've been going for four weeks and I just went this morning and I walked out of there a different person! Now, if I could just get DH to agree to a couple of prenatal massages at the spa........

Do your hips hurt in the morning? I woke up this morning and both sides were incredibly uncomfortable so I just got up. Yuck

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
#4 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyPeachey View Post
I second seeing a chiropractor. I've been going for four weeks and I just went this morning and I walked out of there a different person! Now, if I could just get DH to agree to a couple of prenatal massages at the spa........

Do your hips hurt in the morning? I woke up this morning and both sides were incredibly uncomfortable so I just got up. Yuck
They hurt in the morning. I felt them every time I got up to pee. Plus I am now starting to feel that pelvic pressure. I told myself I was going to go to the chiro with the last pregnancy but never did. I have never ever been to a chiro so in some ways I get nervous about it.

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(7) and Alex (4), Elizabeth (21 months) and due with #4 mid june

#5 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 07:44 PM

I am in soooooooooooooooooooo much pain. My hips are really bad this pregnancy. Any kind of physical activity and I am down for the count for the rest of the day, possibly the next. I can barely do the stairs in our house anymore.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#6 of 26 Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 PM

my hips ache really bad too, most days I barely do any walking at all. I took my son to the zoo yesterday and simply could not move my left leg for the rest of the day.
#7 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM

I'm also entering the achy phase... ugh . However, I agree with PaytonPlace that regular chiro care has made a HUGE difference for me this time around. I was in so much pain with DD, but this time I have experienced a lot less distracting/wake-me-up-at-night pain.

If you're doing a water birth, you might order your tub early and have a hot soak! Prenatal massage is also exquisitely wonderful. I won one in an auction and am saving it for closer to 36/37 weeks so I can make the most out of it.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#8 of 26 Old 11-07-2009, 01:55 PM

I'm there. I told DH that if I walked too fast I might just fall apart! And it does not help to have a todler that wants to snuggle and "nurse" (mostly just stay latched, like I am his security blanket) all night long. Makes for a very uncomfortable morning.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#9 of 26 Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 PM

As of Thursday I'm officially there I was doing great but woke up and my leg was sort of tingling.. DH massaged my lower back that night and the next day I woke up feeling like I was going to snap my back if I moved too quickly.. blah! Felt ok the last couple days but we'll see how it goes. I never had it was the boys, was relatively comfortable until the end so this is hard to get used too!

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#10 of 26 Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM

for the past 2 nights i have been pain free in hips! all i did was sleep with a big pillow between my legs all night. seriously. try it!

rainbow1284.gifbeth  stillheart.gifDW   blahblah.gif DD  Nov. 2009 and 1sttri.gif due Feb. 2013

#11 of 26 Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM

Yep lots of pain here. When we went to Vegas DH and I walked up and down the strip for about 8 hours and man was I freakin sore at the end of that night. I WOH and I have to do a lot of cleaning/heavy lifting at my job so I really feel it at the end of the night. I wake up so stiff I can barely walk. When I had the flu a couple weeks ago it was really bad.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#12 of 26 Old 11-13-2009, 11:06 PM

My back pain is so severe I can't sit for longer than a half hour at a time - its a good thing I'm not working right now. I think it's baby's position but its really very painful and Medicaid doesn't cover a chiro. I am just trying to lay down as much as possible and stretch when I can.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#13 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 03:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
I have been visiting my chiropractor religiously and I am much more comfortable than I have been at this point in my pregnancy with my DD. However, getting out of bed results in a lot of cracking and slow moving to avoid pain in my hips & lower back.
same here. I LOVE my chiro and couldn't make it through pregnancy without him. This time I had horrible foot pain in one foot, and remembered a few years back when I had sprained that same ankle very badly....after practically dislocating my foot from my leg, my chiro made it all better and I can walk again!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#14 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Dea

Oooh I have this too, and pelvis. I feel like I am being cracked in half, which I guess I kinda am. I've thought of a chiropractor, but the one I should be loyal to is so far away....
I told DH last night that if I end up with another c-section after all of this pain of my body getting ready, I was going to be royally P.O.ed!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#15 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I'm there. I told DH that if I walked too fast I might just fall apart! And it does not help to have a todler that wants to snuggle and "nurse" (mostly just stay latched, like I am his security blanket) all night long. Makes for a very uncomfortable morning.
Yes to this! My toddler does not nurse at night but she insists I lay facing her. I get really sore by morning.

And just to take things off topic here for a moment...how do you think your snuggly toddler will adjust to the new one in bed? This is my second and I am worried about how that adjustment will go considering she cries if I turn away from her at night.
#16 of 26 Old 11-14-2009, 04:34 PM

Oy! I am not sure what my LO is going to do once the WO arrives. I have been attempting to un-cosleep at night with him, but it is only a partial night thing for now. We put him down in his bed at night and sometime in the night he comes to mine (usually around 2 but sometimes as early as 12). I am hoping that we can successfully get him sleeping in his bed by the time Baby arrives.

If not, we have a king sized bed, I CAN fit multiple babies in my bed if I HAVE to. (When Gabbie was with us I coslept with both her and my then newborn.)

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#17 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 12:01 PM

I was thinking last night that if I didn't have to get up four times a night to pee, I wouldn't be able to move in the morning. I really think that it helps loosen my hips up even though its frustrating at the time.

#18 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM

I am normally so stiff in the mornings, but loosen up about an hour afterwards. It does help when I can walk in the mornings before work.

I need to call my chiro., but she is 45 minutes away & sometimes that is just too far for me.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#19 of 26 Old 11-15-2009, 10:05 PM

I am def. more sore!! I have bad sciatica problems and walking (especially up the stairs) is a big chore for me now. Oh and bending over - forget it!! It is def. harder when youi have a LO wanting to be held and such or everytime I sit down its "Mama look at this" -"Mama, come here"!! Its so exausting sometimes, but I love him anyway Also, today I have two new pains. It feels as though I have pulled a muscle in my crotch area (left inside) and the top area of my *ahem, vagina (where the pubic hair grows) also hurts....I have NO idea why its hurting, but it makes walking all the more difficult..Ugh.

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#20 of 26 Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 AM

no kidding, i am soooooo with you. i have to work PT (4 days a week) on a cement floor, standing most of the day. it sucks. some nights, when i wake up to pee, i have to literally hobble to the bathroom.

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#21 of 26 Old 11-16-2009, 12:55 AM

Oh man, I went to my 18yos basketball tourney this weekend and I am soooo sore. Between having the littles w/out dh's help and sitting in the stands I am in pain and exhausted!

I feel your pain.
#22 of 26 Old 11-16-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acordio View Post
They hurt in the morning. I felt them every time I got up to pee. Plus I am now starting to feel that pelvic pressure.
The morning or after lying down is definitely worst. I'm feeling a lot of pressure, too...I feel like I have a huge weight between my legs. This definitely didn't happen until the very end with DD but I feel like the baby is almost ready to fall out.

MW was shocked at how far down in my pelvis she is...her head is right.there.
#23 of 26 Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaheroine View Post
The morning or after lying down is definitely worst. I'm feeling a lot of pressure, too...I feel like I have a huge weight between my legs. This definitely didn't happen until the very end with DD but I feel like the baby is almost ready to fall out.

MW was shocked at how far down in my pelvis she is...her head is right.there.
I know that's why I'm hurting. I can feel his head pushing against my nerves. My butt/pelvic floor is aching. You're exactly right, it's like a huge weight pushing down!
#24 of 26 Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Anyone else having aching knees while sleeping or laying down? Even when placing a pillow between my legs, its like the muscles are so streteched that the knees just ache. All I can do is rub them or have hubs rubs them for a while.
#25 of 26 Old 11-17-2009, 01:03 PM

My knees ache too but then I had surgery on my right knee about two weeks before I conceived so I think that has something to do with it.

#26 of 26 Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM

I have been very achy for weeks. At work, I find that if I get up to go pee more often, I don't stiffen up as much.

I'm off to the chiropractor tonight. My insurance won't cover very many visits, so I go about once every 3 weeks, then after 3 visits, we have to have a big fight and they grant me 3 more visits. I was going to the chiro before I was pregnant, so I'm unable to compare pregnancy w/ chiro to pregnancy w/o chiro. But I sure do like it, pregnant or not!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page