Constant vaginal pain (please help!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Just thought Id throw this out there since the doctor/nurse couldn't offer any answers to this nagging pain..here goes....this is my second pregnancy. My first was 3 years ago with my son, and he was very much positioned out in front and never pain like I am about to describe. THis pregnancy probably starting at about 23-24 weeks, I started getting pain/stinging in my vaginal area. The whole area down there feels like either you've been riding a horse all day for the first time in years or you had the roughest sex of your life (sorry, that was the best way to describe it) I am almost 29 weeks and not really any relief from this pain/stinging/soreness. The nurse did a pelvic exam last appt. because of this and I have NO infection at all, and cervix she said is long and closed. So, what do you make of this? Anyone else going through this? Does this mean the baby is positioned really low? I would love any insight into this as well as suggestions to relieve it. It especially hurts, getting up, walking around etc.

Thanks so much for reading!

Wife to DH (2 yrs)~ Momma to Boo (DS,3 yrs)~ and momma to be of DD (1/29/10) Love life and love crafting (beaded jewelry maker and doll maker)
#2 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 09:31 AM

My first thought was an infection - did your nurse do a swab for a yeast infection? I know that sometimes can cause pain rather than itching and not be visually apparent.

I hope you find some answers/relief!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#3 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 AM

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#4 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 AM

I went through this too in the second trimester. It was awful! We think that it was just the pressure from the babies sitting on a nerve. One side of my labia was red and swollen and it was awful! But eventually it did go away.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#5 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I feel better knowing that someone has gone through this, even though it is horrible.

Yes, there was a swab for a yeast infection and there was none

It must be the nerves It is just so painful all the time, its hard to want to move or do anything! Getting out of bed is a task.

Thanks for the answers!

Wife to DH (2 yrs)~ Momma to Boo (DS,3 yrs)~ and momma to be of DD (1/29/10) Love life and love crafting (beaded jewelry maker and doll maker)
#6 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 PM

Is it pubic pain or actually in your vagina?

I have severe pubic pain that feels like someone kicked me really hard in the crotch and like you described it hurts all the time. I had the same thing with my last pregnancy and only got relief when I gave birth. Heat can sometimes help and so can being in a pool (if you have the same that I have )

Michelle married to my highschool sweetheart and mom to: DD '88, DS '90, DD '91, DD '94, DD '97, DD '98, DD '01, DD '08, and DS'09

(Non-profit Organization Director and Program Coordinator / Doula / Educator / Massage Therapist)

#7 of 7 Old 11-14-2009, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

I think its in the vagina, and around the edges.it hurts pretty badly, but today has eased up a little. It's pretty constant, but Im starting to feel its not an indication that the baby would be coming early( because of how low she is..)

Thanks for the tips on how to relieve...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page