It's starting to hit me... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going to be a new mommy in 10 weeks or less

So exciting, but so scary at the same time & this is my third blessing.

8 more weeks & I am resigning from my preschool job.

I NEED TO GET MOVING on the last household projects I have planned.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#2 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 05:50 PM

Isn't it cool!

Just a matter of a few weeks! It is hard to think that far in advance, even though it is not that "far" in advance.

I am just counting down the days until next weekend, when my "safe zone" begins!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#3 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 06:04 PM

Im with you..excited but scared.
Actually, more scared because this whole pregnancy thing just feels so unreal. All of my friends are having grandkids and bragging about them and here I am starting all over again so I just sort of feel "out of body" or out of order. KWIM?

Im actually surprised every morning to find I have a huge belly and its moving and a baby is in there. Some days I keep thinking this is a dream or there is some sort of "misunderstanding". LOL
#4 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM

I know!!! I am really starting to realize that this pregnancy is going to result in a real, live, squirming baby! In about seven to nine weeks!!! Unless, of course, this little one decides to play a trick on me and wait until 42 weeks (after his/her brother and sister arrived at 38). And somewhere in this 7-9 weeks I also have to squeeze in Christmas, ds' birthday, and dd's birthday So much stuff to do and so little time! But I am so excited, I'd rather be unprepared and meet this little one, than have all my ducks in a row and have to wait anymore!!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#5 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 06:59 PM

Yea, and I have two January birthdays that I am hesitant to even plan for...cause what if I'm in labor??? LOL

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#6 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 07:07 PM

#7 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intime0 View Post
Yea, and I have two January birthdays that I am hesitant to even plan for...cause what if I'm in labor??? LOL
LOL I feel the same way so I am having dd's birthday super duper early. Her real birthday is 1/22, my due date is 1/23. So we're having her party on January 2nd... as early as I can have it without running right into Christmas!! So unless the baby makes an unusually early 37 week arrival, I should be in the safe zone. Just barely though given that ds and dd were both born right at 38 weeks.

#8 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 08:28 PM

My birthday is the same day as my due date so we'll see how that goes. DH's birthday is 2-9 and our anniversary is 1-18. Lots of stuff in January too. We went baby shopping today so I am starting to get excited about holding this little one. Its starting to hit me! I think my DH got a dose of reality too when he saw all the little pink clothes.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#9 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 08:33 PM

It hit me too.

4-8 weeks and I will have these babies!!! Hopefully right around 6 weeks from now.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#10 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 PM

It's really starting to sink in. I've still got like, 8-12 weeks (10 til my due date!) but... that's not a very big number!

I still need to get my cloth diapers together, I need to get my HOUSE together, print out and draw up stuff for DH (birth cheat sheets and guides to being a good labour support person, etc) start filling my freezer, etc.

I just have DD's birthday at the end of the this month and then Christmas... and then a very long January to get through... and then it's baby time!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#11 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 PM

I am so happy that we are all getting so close to meeting our little ones. I still am trying to clean and go through the clothes to find all the newborn ones. Which if it's a boy as I suspect, I am greatly lacking. I have found a few, I just hope the baby doesn't explode through the few I found before I can gather some more from the store/CL.

Crazy to think I am going to have a baby again. I can hardly imagine what my life is going to be like in a few months.
#12 of 26 Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
start filling my freezer, etc.
I will be filling my freezer in December...we have 4 birthdays, Christmas & then Jan. will be this baby's birthday & my youngest's bday is 2/2~ Then the Baptism will be apprx. by Valentine's Day

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#13 of 26 Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Isn't it cool!

Just a matter of a few weeks! It is hard to think that far in advance, even though it is not that "far" in advance.

I am just counting down the days until next weekend, when my "safe zone" begins!
What's your "safe zone"? I'm intrigued...it sounds appealing!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#14 of 26 Old 11-19-2009, 09:30 PM

i know! only less than four weeks until i can have this baby at home! toooooo much left to do! but i can't wait to meet him, no matter how far i get through the to-do list.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#15 of 26 Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM

It really does seem unreal that January is soo close! 48 days til my due date and I've yet to go early so I'm keeping that number in my head lol (cause when I think 27 days til I'm full term that's even "scarier!")

After all the aches and pains of this pregnancy now that I'm nearing the end I'm getting so excited to meet this little creature that's caused so much mischief
I can't wait for the boys to have a baby sister!!!!!

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#16 of 26 Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 AM

And WOW I just penciled in another event in December. My weekends are now officially booked, starting this weekend and going through until the baby is here!! That will make the time fly. I have:

Weekend #1: Ds' party
Weekend #2: Sesame Street Live
Weekend #3: Birthday party & breakfast with Santa
Weekend #4: Birthday party
Weekend #5: Christmas
Weekend #6: Dd's birthday party
Weekend #7: BABY TIME!!!!

Not that I can predict when the baby will be born but to me any time over 38 weeks is fair game!!! Although after two 38 week babies I just know this one will give me a run for my money and hold out until week 42 or beyond.

#17 of 26 Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I love newborns, it's my favorite age. Sooooo sweet!
#18 of 26 Old 11-20-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACsMom View Post
What's your "safe zone"? I'm intrigued...it sounds appealing!
My safe zone, I have determined to be after my daughter's birthday, next weekend. That will put me at 34.5 wks. And with this baby already measuring near five pounds, I am will not worry one bit about UCing after that time. Though my daughter insists that she does NOT want to share a birthday!

I am actually holding out for Jan 1 (what a cool birthday that would be!?! Not only a New Years Baby, but a birthday of 01-01-10!) But have to be prepaired to go early. (My OB says that PIH or high b/p issues can cause a baby to come early.) So I needed to know how early I would UC. Midnight, November 28th is the beginning of my "safe zone"! And I can't believe it has gotten here so fast!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#19 of 26 Old 11-21-2009, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

YIKES!! I am only thinking about weeks...3plus2isme you have me freaked out by the days countdown.

I need to think 65 days!

#20 of 26 Old 11-21-2009, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
after spending the last 8w on strict bedrest, another 9w seems like forever. i hope to get modified br in 3w, and even that seems so far away!

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#21 of 26 Old 11-21-2009, 01:51 PM

I was just thinking last night that there are only 10 days left in November and then once its December, its NEXT MONTH. No more couple months away.

#22 of 26 Old 11-21-2009, 01:56 PM

I find that so strange. Most women "don't feel pregnant" during the early weeks of pregnancy, and then later on it starts to sink in, and toward the end it "really hits them." But I have always felt pregnant right from the beginning. This is my fifth pregnancy and I obsessed about it even before I conceived. Every day I feel a little more pregnant--and I'm only in my 5th week (lol)--and that continues right up until I give birth.

It always hits me that I'm going to me a Mom (again) even before I conceive. I must be backwards.
#23 of 26 Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful-Mom View Post
I find that so strange. Most women "don't feel pregnant" during the early weeks of pregnancy, and then later on it starts to sink in, and toward the end it "really hits them." But I have always felt pregnant right from the beginning. This is my fifth pregnancy and I obsessed about it even before I conceived. Every day I feel a little more pregnant--and I'm only in my 5th week (lol)--and that continues right up until I give birth.

It always hits me that I'm going to me a Mom (again) even before I conceive. I must be backwards.
I have definitely felt pregnant this whole time. But I haven't taken care of a newborn for six years - that is what is hitting me. We didn't plan the baby and have had so much else on our minds (losing jobs, losing homes, new career changes, etc) that it was hard to focus on it until its really imminent.

#24 of 26 Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am in shock at how many people have had babies in the Dec DDC already.

#25 of 26 Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post

I am in shock at how many people have had babies in the Dec DDC already.

Exactly this. I peeked in on them and was like "holy crap" - that is going to be next month for all of us here and that month is almost here!

#26 of 26 Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM

just starting to sink in here. we had our baby shower and got all sorts of great things for the baby.

after this Thanksgiving week, a friend is coming over to help my partner rearrange the bedroom to make room for the co-sleeper and take unneccessaries down into the basement. that will make a daily reminder for sure, sleeping next to an empty bassinette!

and reading about the births that have already happened here in our DDC is making me go, "gulp!" too. it really is getting close!

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page