Does anybodys baby push down so hard it makes you gasp!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 12-12-2009, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby pushes down SO hard sometimes on my cervix and pelvic floor, it makes me gasp and scream. It hurts and is scary. Im afraid its gonna break its bag of waters!! This is SUCH a strong baby.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Not down.. her head is RIGHT THERE so she doesn't have much room to punch my cervix lol... but I'll get a huge, hard blow to the side that will literally knock the wind out of me. DH thinks it's hilarious when I'm sitting quietly and then all of a sudden yell out :P

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#3 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 10:52 AM

Cervical pressure is so alarming and painful. I remember with my first pregnancy how scary it was to experience well before I was full term.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#4 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 PM

I'm with you Mary! I too have this feeling - it's really strong huh? This is different than my pregnancy with Josie - her head is SO low - then she'll stretch out her legs and just streeeetch out so that I have to squirm to get her in a better position!

The one thing I can think of that is good from this, is that it's likely to be effacing my cervix - at least - I hope it is! These last few days have been pretty crazy when it comes to her doing that: she's all strong muscle and bone! Good baby though! Had a growth and placental scan on Friday, and everything is looking fabulously well attached (placenta) and growing nicely. She apparently is measuring 6lb already (though you know how inaccurate u/s can be...lol) but I reckon she is going to be much bigger than her sister...

Anyhow yes. Totally know how you're feeling!

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#5 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 01:12 PM

I agree, my DH will give me really weird looks when we're just sitting there and all the sudden I cry out because it feels like she's trying to break out of my womb.

Jay, I think the baby being low has started effacement for me. I was already 50% a couple weeks ago, I'll get checked again this week.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#6 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3plus2isme View Post
DH thinks it's hilarious when I'm sitting quietly and then all of a sudden yell out :P
my DP is the same way!

yeah, pal- soooo funny.

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#7 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have had some pretty uncomfortable cervix pains with this baby. I don't remember ever having cervix pain before this pregnancy. It hurts! Feels like he/she is trying to stick a hand out thru my cervix, painful.

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(10) and Alex (7), Elizabeth (4), Joey (2), and #5 due May 29
#8 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 07:49 PM

THis one keeps whacking my bladder in a way that is both painful and makes me need to pee like crazy. It seems to happen especially while I am driving. I don't worry about it breaking the water bag, but I do have concerns about a ruptured bladder.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
#9 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 07:54 PM

Oh, yes, same thing here. The pressure on my cervix is intense and sometimes painful. I am so uncomfortable, more so than with my other two and the baby feels so much bigger. Still 4 weeks to go - I don't know how I will do it! But it's good to know this seems fairly normal, as so many of us are experiencing the same thing.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#10 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm not sure what he's pressing on, but periodically he whacks me somewhere that makes me gasp - it's like intense pain/burning/need to pee kinda feeling (compares to a really bad UTI). It makes me stop whatever I'm doing, it's so intense but goes away pretty quickly too. Must be some bunch of nerves he's bouncing on. It's sadly getting more frequent now that he's almost baked.

sleepytime.gif
#11 of 12 Old 12-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Yes, the same thing happens here. Baby A is soooooo low. Any head turning from him causes me to gasp!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#12 of 12 Old 12-14-2009, 09:00 AM

Me not sol much, but my girlfriend said she felt like she had to adjust her lady parts because she swore she was sitting on her baby's head at work. Strange.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page