Any signs of labor yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yea, even though I know dilation, by itself, is no real indicator of where you are in regards to going into labor...i would love to know. If I could check myself I would. However it's really awkward when I ask my DH to do it, so I'll pass this time. LOL.

I'm having lots and lots of gas and needing to "go". WEIRD. Anyone else having more than normal pressures like that?

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 12-20-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intime0 View Post
I'm having lots and lots of gas and needing to "go". WEIRD. Anyone else having more than normal pressures like that?
Me! But I'm also constipated which just makes it frustrating. The cervical twinges are increasing and my belly obviously changed shape overnight. I was sure she had dropped but I wonder if she's engaged now because I have gone from being so out to being really long up and down. Very funny.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#33 of 50 Old 12-21-2009, 12:26 AM

I am looking but not finding much.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#34 of 50 Old 12-21-2009, 05:03 AM

I've got 4-5 weeks before my due date, but I am having LOTS and LOTS of BH (I walk soooo slowly these days), shooting pains in my cervix, lots of mucus. Baby is still really high though, and flips around between breech and transverse. Oh, and when I poop I feel pressure-- it's making me nervous! I've been upping my water and fiber intake because the poop thing is totally stressing me out.

I am NOT ready to have this baby; I have no place to put the baby's clothes yet (trip to Ikea planned after Christmas), the crib is not set up, the clothes aren't washed, no diapers bought, no food prepared, NOTHING! Oh, and DH is having knee surgery tomorrow, to top off the joy.

Actually, I did buy baby a coming-home-from-the-hospital outfit, but that's it.

I'm trying (and failing) not to feel panicky.
#35 of 50 Old 12-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Dea

I don't think I am near labour, I think I'm more symptomatic of late pregnancy, but lots and lots and lots, so many BH. Whenever I change positions I have some, and they generally come with AF cramping. If the babe is moving a lot I get them, if I'm not reclining or sitting so that my uterus is not scrunched I get them. I have them a lot. I think I said that.
I can't tell if he's dropped, I feel like he's lower, but I can't tell. Trixie never dropped so I don't know what it feels like. But I feel full of baby, fuller than when I was overdue with her.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#36 of 50 Old 12-21-2009, 12:39 PM

I am starting to have more painful contractions - even on the procardia - contractions I have to breathe through and that don't go away when I move or lay down. Good thing they aren't regular or I'd think I was in labor.

#37 of 50 Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM

With switching to a new midwife so late in the game I actually did have a cervical check last week and everything was still closed tight and thick. I think the baby has dropped a bit lower b/c I'm starting to get a lot of the pubic symphis pain that I've somehow (mostly) avoided up until this point. A few BH here and there, but nothing major! I'm very torn on whether or not I hope this baby comes early. It would be wonderful to not be pregnant for almost 42 weeks like I was with my last babe, but I have a lot of other reasons that going late again would be just great with me! So, for now I'm thankful there are no signs of labor LOL

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#38 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 AM

I am almost 36 weeks and he has been low for awhile I don't know if he is engaged. He is moving around less. The last two mornings I've had bh's with extra discharge and that peeked my attention because I haven't had any bh's unless I was dehydrated, which only happened early on until I figured out what was causing them. My daughter came at 37 weeks and by one ultrasound I am a week further along than my EDD that my midwife is going by, so I am getting ansty. My midwife hasn't done any cervical check and I am not doing them either because of concern about avoiding any chance of strep b this time. I really have no clue. He could come soon or not til the end of January! I didn't have any symptoms with my daughter other than a few bh's a week before.

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#39 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 04:37 PM

Spotting this morning, and crampy. I'm not ready! I'm not ready! Stay put until after the holidays, baby, you don't want a Christmastime birthday!

Mama to sweet, funny Eli 9/05 and snuggly Akash 12/09
#40 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

mamama...sounds like you'll be seeing action soon

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#41 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM

...saw my midwife this morning, and she reassured me that baby is in a wonderful position!

Baby has dropped, but not "engaged".

Unfortunately, I won't likely meet him/her until closer to the due date....

...but that doesn't mean I have stopped looking for signs!

Is anyone here thinking of taking cohosh? ...and what is the difference between black and blue cohosh?

charlene
#42 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 08:36 PM

Saw my OB this morning. So at 37 wks my cervix is still closed but I am 60% effaced...I guess thats good...this is my first so I don't really know. I don't think my babe dropped yet but I do get pressure on my cervix depending on my position. BH I don't even know if I had some... Anyway Dr told me I should be good for the holidays since I am going out of town...yeah!!! I don't mind waiting 3 more wks for her to come...Can't wait to see her, but I don't know if I'M ready...

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#43 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 09:02 PM

Pretty sure I had my bloody show and am now 2cm dilated. so...hurry up and wait.

#44 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
...saw my midwife this morning, and she reassured me that baby is in a wonderful position!

Baby has dropped, but not "engaged".

Unfortunately, I won't likely meet him/her until closer to the due date....

...but that doesn't mean I have stopped looking for signs!

Is anyone here thinking of taking cohosh? ...and what is the difference between black and blue cohosh?

charlene

I have ordered this

http://www.herbalremedies.com/ch5webeti2fl.html?rfr=sas

But, it hasn't come yet. Was hoping to start taking it Dec. 17th... Oh well, I'm just impatient.... My midwife gave that to me last time at 39 weeks, and I noted on the bottle I should have started it earlier. So this time, I am trying to! (I'm due end of January, I was 35 weeks on Dec. 17th).

And since, I was ordering, I also ordered

http://www.herbalremedies.com/black-...-tincture.html

But I sort of don't know what to do with it. I won't touch it until I'm 39 weeks and am staying in the hotel across the street from the birth center though (traveling out of state for better birth experience).
#45 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 PM

Well, I just lost my mucous plug and am having light contractions in the morning and cramping - not quite the usual BH, but I haven't started timing them yet because I still have to finish a document or two for a website, LOL! I also could barely sleep last night. So I think she's coming, and she's not going to wait much longer. With my first, I lost my mucous plus and had my baby about 5 days later, but I also didn't have contractions right away (which I'm having one right now!).

Please say some prayers ladies! Today or tomorrow I could be holding my little girl!

Lizbiz, wife to my man who makes me smile, and mom to one bouncy boy (08/07), one sassy girl (12/09), and one sweet new boy (08/12).

#46 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So excited for everyone that is having signs of baby coming. I am also SO jealous!! I wish I were in labor right now. I am so ready!!

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(10) and Alex (7), Elizabeth (4), Joey (2), and #5 due May 29
#47 of 50 Old 12-22-2009, 11:18 PM

Charlene -
Black and Blue cohosh are in totally separate plant genus and families despite sharing the cohosh nomenclature. They work together better than alone to promote labor if that's your intention. Black (Cimicifuga racemosa) helps to ripen the cervix, Blue (Caulophyllum thalictroides) stimulates the uterus into contractions. Use caution and ask your midwife if she recommends it... at the very least, tell her your going to use them.

I had an amniotic leak early this morning Wasn't pee, wasn't water breaking, per se, but a definite leak. Smelled like bleach, soaked the underpants. Stopped leaking, no surges. Called the MW just in case to inform her of the development.

Babe has been very active today. I've grown immensely in the last week. Babe and I communed today. I'm feeling like he's going to come "early" or "on time" but then again, who knows.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#48 of 50 Old 12-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post

I had an amniotic leak early this morning Wasn't pee, wasn't water breaking, per se, but a definite leak. Smelled like bleach, soaked the underpants. Stopped leaking, no surges. Called the MW just in case to inform her of the development.
Eeek!!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#49 of 50 Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM

Still losing globs of mucous plug...how much mucous was actually up there? Had labor-y feeling contractions from 1am to 3am but nothing now. Will wake up hubby to dtd in a few...

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#50 of 50 Old 12-23-2009, 12:33 PM

35 + 4 here. Baby has dropped and I'm pretty confident he/she is engaged as well. As of today I can push up on baby's head and it doesn't float around anymore, appears to be firmly lodged. Like a little cork

The last couple days the baby has REALLY stepped up movement and has been kicking around like CRAZY. Last night pain in my hips and inner thighs started to creep in along with a feeling like light menstrual cramps. I was up 3 times last night because I was in so much discomfort and this morning I ended up crying because the lower back and inner thigh pain is just so strong.

I had some running around to do today (last minute Christmas stuff) but I am going to have to take it easy instead. Thinking of parking myself on the couch and having a Christmas movie marathon with the kids instead. I feel guilty letting them watch TV all day but I am really in a bad place. I am hoping that my body just needs to acclimate to the new position of the baby and that the pain will ease up with a little rest and a heating pad.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page