contractions...of course

effacement and dilation

So anyone experiencing anything yet?

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#2 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amelia has dropped, i'm 2cm dilated, I've been having irregular contractions for over a week, I've been slowly losing my mucus plug and she is moving less.

Lizze Ann
Wife to Andy, mom to Elijah 4/17/07, Charlotte Elizabeth due Jan 2010
#3 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 04:07 PM

I got NOTHING! Seriously.

With my daughter the same thing - still high and 1.5cm dilated at my morning visit - nary a BH or contraction. NOTHING. She started labor about 12 hours after that and then born 12 later. I'm hoping the same goes on with this kid.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM

I think the baby has dropped but I don't know about 'engaged.' Will ask the m/w today Lots of braxton hicks and some crampy type ones a couple times a day. Movement doesn't seem to have lessened at all - the movements just feel more intense now!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#5 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 04:58 PM

Who knows. As of this morning's appointment I'm still not dialated which is weird because I was 2-3 cm with both boys by this point. But this week and last week I got the "you are really, really soft - when it's time it's going to be FAST" :roll:
She's moving less but other then that I've got nothin!

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#6 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 05:52 PM

For the last month:

increased discharge/loosing mucus plug

10-12 contractions/day

increased pelvic pain/pressure

less movement today than usual - could be they are just running out of room

Don't know about effacement or dilation as I don't want my midwife to do any internals. Doesn't seem to matter much with me anyway because I was really high and only 2cm only 45 mintutes before my last DD was born. She was still so high that the nurse at the hospital had trouble even reaching my cervix.

Rachel
Mommy to DS13, DS12, DS7, DD5, DD3, and twin GIRLS : born at home in the water on 12/18/09
#7 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 PM

I don't have much going on here.
Baby is low and engaged, but still moves a lot. Not losing mucous plug at all, discharge seems normal. I have bh contractions regularly, but I have had them since about 20 weeks. I guess they might be a bit more frequent/strong, but not much.
#8 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM

baby dropped
50%+ effaced
lots of cramping & BH
lost parts of mucous last week
#9 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 PM

I hope not...I still have 6 weeks to go

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#10 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
This is just mean; I'm not due til the end of the month!
#11 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 07:10 PM

I don't have any symptoms and have not been checked once during my pregnancy so I don't know what the heck is going on down there My labor usually starts with my water breaking so I am not counting on anything and am in total denial anyway

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(7) and Alex (4), Elizabeth (21 months) and due with #4 mid june

#12 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 PM

I've got strong BH's going... and twinges and strong pressure on the cervix. Everything started yesterday - exactly the first day of my 37th week! No change in baby's position - not dropping or engaging... Just less movement and those strong contraction like - BH... definitely reminding me of previous labors!! Oh, and a bit more discharge... Soooooo exciting!!! I'm totally ready for him!!!

Agnieszka wife to Kevin, Kalina (Jan 7, 2005), Tosia (June 4, 2006) , and baby Emmett (Dec 27, 2009)
#13 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM

No signs of labor, but a lot more symptomatic end of pregnancy... I had like 6 BH all last pregnancy and I have them a lot more frequently, also more cervical sensation, but like a lot of other Mamas, I am still way out from my due date, so for now, stay baby stay!

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08
#14 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 PM

does more movement count?

The only new thing is I can really notice the hiccups! Also, more of defined routine of movement. When he/she is up, she's up. when she's quiet, she's quiet.

This is the first pg that I have had SO many kicks up near my ribs. I never had that before. IT TICKLES!!!!

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#15 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 08:38 PM

Baby has dropped but still moving alot. Lots of contractions, 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Nothing else but I am still a ways away too.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#16 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 10:01 PM

Baby is dropped and engaged -- I started losing (a lot!) my mucous plug on Monday.

I'm totally loosening up, lots of unbearable pressure, lots of BH. Things are definitely getting ready!
#17 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM

My first check on Monday and 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Starting to get a lot of pelvic pressure! I feel like my pubic bone is literally going in two different directions sometimes!

Mommy to a beautiful DD, my 3yo princess!dust.gif

Excited to meet baby #2, due Nov 2013!!  belly.gifh20homebirth.gif

#18 of 50 Old 12-16-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
I hope not...I still have 6 weeks to go

Same

But baby has dropped- he was never NOT dropped, his head is totally engaged at this point- and I've got feelings of pressure and increased BH's especially if I'm walking around. Also increased discharge (which for me means I've gone from nothing to SOMETHING, yay!). You can tell he's squashed in there and his movements are more deliberate, but he's still wiggling around plenty.

I checked my own cervix because it's SO LOW it's hard not to I don't knwo what it's doing though. Feels very soft, thinner (I'm not sure how exactly I'm supposed to know that, though...? Just instinct says it's thinner). No dilation though.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#19 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

I'm excited for you moms losing the mucus plug...for me that gets me really excited...i know my routine is lose it about a week before labor..I know it's different for everyone..but it's a good sign no matter what.

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#20 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 02:44 PM

Baby A's head is low. MW could touch it yesterday. I am 1.5 cm dilated and have a soft cervix, but no loss of mucous plug. I have had a few contractions, but nothing regular. MW thinks I will still be pregnant next week.
#21 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 PM

Not sure, don't think so, we just got checked yesterday no dilation and the cervix is still hard! haha

I don't believe the baby has dropped yet, although I do have stronger pelvic pressure.

Strong movements. LOTS of braxton hicks whenever I freakin move.

I have I think an increase discharge though, cause its like real thick - hope thats normal!

Oh and I am 37w & a couple days along
#22 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 07:44 PM

I'm due at the end of January, so not really hoping for signs yet. Buutt... my cervix is soft and dilated 1 cm (I think, slightly more than a fingertip). I get BH contractions if I think too hard about, haha. What I mean is, I get them all.the.time.
#23 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 08:15 PM

Ok fine - I will play

Babe has dropped
Af cramping ALL THE TIME
Contractions that really get into my hips and back starting about 2 p.m. and continuing through the night - they occur about every 4 - 10 minutes
Really really Nauseous (Its worse than the 1st trimester!)
Had lots of pelvic floor pressure this morning
decreased movement
Discharge has actually discharged (go figure)
And no idea on dialation - we don't check

I will be 37 weeks on sunday - I have to keep reminding myself that I am still only 36 weeks

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#24 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 PM

The baby as dropped. He is very low, I fell him press on my cervix often. He as hickups right now and it's like he was hickuping in my vagina .
Didn't get checked and not planning to before labor, but midwife seem to think that his head was well engaged.
I have more thick mucus discharge, not sure if it could be related to the lost of mucus plug...
Not so many BH, I would even say less then when I was still working.

It's my fisrt so I don't really know what to expect. But yesterday I was feeling so close I said to my man I don't think I'll make it to Christmas. Today I don't know, I imagine it could be like this for many days.

Anyway, I'm fully ready now. I have all my supplies. I could not fit one more yhing in the freezer and the house is pretty clean.
#25 of 50 Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Baby A has dropped.

Lots of pressure down below.

Increase in mucus although I haven't lost a clear plug yet.

Just hoping to make it to 37 weeks!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#26 of 50 Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 AM

So my midwife doesn't do internals until 40 weeks or you have pre-term labor. But the other night I couldn't resist checking my own cervix and I was shocked I was a little more than 2 finger tips dilated and I could feel her head. It kind of freaked me out. But I am excited she is so close.
#27 of 50 Old 12-18-2009, 11:19 AM

Lets see, yesterday I had OB check my cervix for scar tissue since I had a leep and I was very soft and 2.5 cm dilated with no scar tissue to be felt! I was very happy about that since manually breaking it up during labor doesn't sound like fun. My last labor it took me 7 hours to go from 0-2 so I am thankful to already be past that!
Been having lots of discharge including some "chunks" for the past few weeks.
Bh many times a day (although that isn't new)!
The best thing of all is that baby turned from breech to head down last week and seems to now be engaged and no longer flipping! I really thought she was going to stay breech so I am sooo happy for that.

I am really hoping to stay pregnant for at least 2 more weeks. I need to make it through Christmas and get a few more things done! I told dh last night I was sooo ready for the baby and now I think I am getting "cold feet." lol
#28 of 50 Old 12-18-2009, 03:40 PM

Yesterday I was standing in the kitchen and got a BH's and I seriously thought he was trying to come out of my bum. I had to lean forward with my hands on my knees to try to deal with the pressure.

And then I was pooping (TMI, I know) and if I pushed I could feel the baby sliding down and putting even more pressure on my cervix.

This is very weird..... 6 weeks left!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#29 of 50 Old 12-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Nope nothing. This has been such an easy pregnancy and I still feel so comfortable. I feel like I'm more like 25 weeks than 35. Last time around I was pretty miserable toward the end so this is such a nice change for me.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#30 of 50 Old 12-18-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peridot83 View Post
So my midwife doesn't do internals until 40 weeks or you have pre-term labor. But the other night I couldn't resist checking my own cervix and I was shocked I was a little more than 2 finger tips dilated and I could feel her head. It kind of freaked me out. But I am excited she is so close.
I am so scared to try and check myself just out of fear of doing something. I will check and see what is going on after Christmas because then I will be REALLY ready to have the baby.

Angie wife to Joe and Mom to Lucas(7) and Alex (4), Elizabeth (21 months) and due with #4 mid june

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page