Anyone else looking forward to birth? Including all sensations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...or am I the only one?

I went through such tremendous pain last time, because everything had gone wrong and I hadn't realized. But, had it been in fact "normal" I know I could still have done it, med free.

Now this time, granted, I am being induced, but chances are the pain still will not be anywhere near as bad.

I sit here each day (and yes, I have been practicing my Hypnobabies) really feeling positive about the birth. Each time I get a BH or proper contrax - though in HypnoB we call them "birthing waves" or "pressure waves" I think "wow, that's awesome - bring it on!"

I'm really looking forward to every sensation! Am I crazy or is anyone else feeling this way as well? Hopefully I'm not the only one, so I won't feel so nuts Maybe it's just all to do with what happened last time...

Anyone?

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 03:35 PM

I can't wait for my labor to begin. I think it is an amazing process to feel and experience. I don't have fear about it at all. I am just like you...I welcome it.

I am a Hypnobabies mom too...I think that has something to do with the mindset. This will be our 3rd Hypnobaby.

Aria - 4 years, Miles - 2 years and Liviana - 1 year with a big surprise due in January 2010.
#3 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM

I feel the same way Mostly because I feel that every sensation is just bringing me closer and closer to holding my precious baby! I am also a hypnomommie

`Lorissa
Mama to ds 5, and a brand new Christmas Day baby 2009!
#4 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 03:50 PM

I'm excited

Last time I was excited and really anticipating it too, and it went really well. I still felt totally observed, and I did some thing and said some things because I knew it was expected of me (like my mom watching me with an "i've been here before" look made me say, "you've done this four times?!?! You're crazy!" because I knew it's what she wanted to hear. Or the midwife asking me where it hurt made me feel like I should complain about pain for a bit, etc).

This time it's just me and DH (and maybe a friend, I'm still undecided about that but don't tell DH ) and I want to see how calm and peaceful this birth is going to be.

I'm doing hypnobabies as well, though i'm classifying it as a dismal failure at this point.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#5 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 04:18 PM

Me!

I am very excited. I can't wait.

I need to heal from my past birth trauma. I need to feel that.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#6 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM

I'm really looking forward to it, too, even though (or because of?) the first time I had 2 days of pit labor in the hospital followed by a c-section. I want to GIVE BIRTH this time, and I can't wait. I've been in pain before, I know I can handle it if it gets bad. But I also know it could be perfectly manageable and amazing and wonderful. I'm not doing hypnobabies, but I am having a home birth. That's definitely helping my confidence about handling the pain. I'm with you, JayJay - bring it on!!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#7 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Dea

I looked forward to it last time and it was pretty bad. Dry labour, pit augmented, all of the bad and then a c-section. But I'm glad I did get to labour. This time I'm nervous 'cause it sucked last time, but I did get to feel some contractions after they turned off the pit and they were great, I want to know if my labour will be like those. I won't say they were orgasmic or anything but they were really interesting. Well more the breaks were interesting, they were so intensely nothing, it was pretty amazing. Also this time we're planning a homebirth again and I hope that I actually get to be at home, last time I didn't get to be at home at all, I was induced at the hospital.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#8 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 PM

I LOVE birth...it's so amazing...the only part I want to have some relief from is transition. WHEW. I'm like a caged animal.

Jayjay...just make sure they dont pit to distress and you can do it.

We had them turn my pit up by the hour instead of every 15 -30 and only small increments. When i reached my threshold we had them stop increasing. WHen I felt like i could take some more they turned it up two more times, i think.

anyway if you are interested here is a wonderful article on it:

http://nursingbirth.com/2009/07/08/%...rbing-reality/

http://nursingbirth.com/2009/07/09/%...interventions/

hope those links work...if not, go to nursingbirth.com and use the search term, pit to distress...it's about 3-4 posts down.

Expat in Singapore...visit my blog

#9 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 PM

Eh, I don't think so. My last birth was perfect. My magnum opus. I don't know how to top it or even match it in terms of preparation and mindset. My husband keeps trying to reassure me but for all his selling, I ain't buying this time. I dunno why

Amy

Wife to K since 6/95 Mommy to "The Fellas" ages 13, 10 and 8 and our rainbow girly 12/09.
Always remembering my babies who could not stay '08 '08 '09
#10 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrt View Post
Eh, I don't think so. My last birth was perfect. My magnum opus. I don't know how to top it or even match it in terms of preparation and mindset. My husband keeps trying to reassure me but for all his selling, I ain't buying this time. I dunno why

Amy
This is kinda along the lines of how I am feeling. My last birth healed me from my first. After my first I developed a HUGE vaginal hematoma-unknown reason. I was going into shock and lost a lot of blood. It was very traumatizing and the healing afterwards was long and painful.

My second birth was wonderful. I dont see how I could top that. It was like the birth that took NOTHING out of me. I was in labor all day but was acting as if I wasn't. Got tired at night, decided to go to bed, big contraction and pop went the water bag, and immediately felt baby's head in my vagina. Shortly after she was born. How can you top that? No stress(except for the end mad rush to birth center), no fuss, back in bed with baby at home before the morning. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!feeling. I was on top of the world after her. Higher than a kite.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#11 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 07:40 PM

One more thing, I think hypnobabies or hypnobirthing(I am doing the latter) makes all the difference in looking forward and staying calm about your birth.

Last night before I went to bed at 11:30pm I put on my hypnobirthing and I swear listened to almost all of them. I was half-asleep and woke up telling myself that I can do it again and I will be fine and something along the lines of being able to have this baby whether at home or by myself or at the birthing center. It was very weird but very powerful.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#12 of 24 Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm so bad. I have the Hypnobabies program, but never got around to starting it this time. I did the program with DD2, but didn't use the hypnoanesthesia during labor because I felt pretty good.

I don't really mind the contractions. It's the sensation when the baby descends and is crowning. Yikes. Talk about intense. Good thing I've never had to push more than 3-4 times.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (9) Evangeline (7) Duncan 11.14.08   and Henry (4) born at home. Expecting again early December!  

#13 of 24 Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 PM

I can't wait for labor.

Someone wished me "quick labor" vibes yesterday and I mentioned how much I look forward to labor. She looked at me like I was nuts.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#14 of 24 Old 12-18-2009, 08:48 PM

I am looking forward to birth (but not quite this early). I remember how quiet it was at my second birth & how peaceful it was. I actually fell asleep at 6 cm in the birth pool. I pray this birth will be peaceful as well.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#15 of 24 Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Sounds like you've got the right mindset!

I'm not particularly looking forward to labor other than I want to get this show on the road...I hate the suspense of waiting for labor to start!

Meeting the baby? Can't wait! Contractions? Eh, not so much.

(and especially that descending sensation Britt is talking about - ooo boy, please make it pass fast this time. I know exactly what you're talking about! )
#16 of 24 Old 12-18-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
I actually fell asleep at 6 cm in the birth pool. I pray this birth will be peaceful as well.
I fell asleep until right before transition, too. Something about snuggling up on my husband's lap helped everything.

Angela
#17 of 24 Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM

If you asked me two weeks ago, I'd have answered no way! But now I think I am! I had two inductions and hard labours so I'm praying that my body goes into labour on it's own. I want to know what it feels like to start labour on my own and see how, if at all, labour is different from being induced to going naturally. And if it's still a hard labour then I feel prepared for it this time.

#18 of 24 Old 12-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I should be kicked off this thread since I have little idea of what to really expect, but I'm excited about it. I am not doing hypno-anything, but I'm really excited and intrigued by labor and am convinced I'm going to have a great labor.

(I hope I don't regret not taking a class or following a specific method. I have to laugh that I sounded so positive above and then added a little fear at the bottom. Haha.)
#19 of 24 Old 12-20-2009, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'm too busy to think that far ahead! But really, I have had easy labors so far and I pray each time that it continues! I 'know' that when my labor starts I'll be holding a baby w/in three hours. It's very comforting. I just pray this one is like that, too!
#20 of 24 Old 12-20-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post
I should be kicked off this thread since I have little idea of what to really expect, but I'm excited about it. I am not doing hypno-anything, but I'm really excited and intrigued by labor and am convinced I'm going to have a great labor.

(I hope I don't regret not taking a class or following a specific method. I have to laugh that I sounded so positive above and then added a little fear at the bottom. Haha.)
This was me beofre my daughter was born. Everyone else I know who was preg around the same time as me (with their firsts) were TERRIFIED and kept giong on about how they were dreading it.

I was so psyched, ready to see what my body would do and how I'd ride the waves. I took a class but it was all stuff I knew already (be mobile, here are different ways to use an exercise ball in labour, etc) and it wasn't a specific method.

And it went BEAUTIFULLY! It's natural to be a bit scared (it's the unknown, right?) but if you're going into it open and positive and expecting good things, then I'm sure that's what you'll get

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#21 of 24 Old 12-20-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post

You'll do great! I was in a state of bliss until about 1-2 weeks before Corbin's EDD and I had a freak-out, tearful, WTF was I thinking?!? internet posting...luckily my friends (all mothers at that time) rallied behind me. Believe me when I say that fear is totally normal and makes you sound way more sane than the women that never acknowledge it!

Angela
#22 of 24 Old 12-22-2009, 02:25 AM

I am looking forward to it all. Knowing it can be any day, any moment. It is agony at times not knowing the "when", but I really am looking forward to the "how"!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#23 of 24 Old 12-22-2009, 03:00 AM

My first labor/delivery was amazing - hardest work of my life and transformed me as a person. I am looking forward to this labor and so looking forward to meeting my baby girl. I have had some rough spots in this pregnancy, but I truly believe my body and mind are ready for the challenge and the beauty of birth. Thanks for that reminder Jay Jay.

Lizbiz, wife to my man who makes me smile, and mom to one bouncy boy (08/07), one sassy girl (12/09), and one sweet new boy (08/12).

#24 of 24 Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 PM

I've been getting so many comments and questions from people along the lines of 'are you getting scared yet?' about the birth. I keep telling people that I am genuinely excited. I know it is going to be the most intense experience of my life and I am not expecting it to be easy, but I can't wait to DO it and feel that sense of accomplishment. Most of all I see birth as the way to meet my baby, and I cannot wait to meet her. I keep telling DH that if I start losing focus and need reassurance during birth, to keep reminding me how close I am to meeting our baby! I know that people who hear me say I am excited just feel that I am naive, but they have all had such medicalized and doctor driven experiences...I know that there is something else possible,...I truly feel I have chosen the right place and providers to birth with who will support me the way I need and want. I can't believe that I could have my baby in my arms in as soon as a couple weeks.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page