Mamas with Late Jan Babies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*sigh*

I've been following this DDC since I was in my first trimester. I'm cooking my first babe, so for me it was really nice having all you early Jan mamas to watch and follow. I always knew what was just around the bend for me.

But now with so many birth announcements and signs of labor, I'm a little jealous! I've got nothin' but a big belly. But I know my time will come when it's right and I'll be loving my little one on the outside soon enough.

I will be patient!

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!
#2 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 01:57 PM

I'm an early February momma (Feb 5) and I totally feel you! I feel like I'm gonna go early this time around, but thats still weeks away.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#3 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM

Tell you what to do: go check out the July 2010 DDC They won't be giving birth for aaaaages and you can feel WAY ahead of them

*HUGE hugs* mamas - it won't be long really now! XxXxX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#4 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM

I am due January 24th. I am sure it will come sooner then I think. It is my first one too! I still have to figure out some organizing so I feel patient

Mom to Olivia Marlene, raising bilingual: German & English 
#5 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 02:21 PM

I hear you!

I am due around the 22nd but I have had two 42 weekers (my middle son was a 38 weeker) but I just have the feeling that I should have joined the Feb group instead....

My SPD is getting worse by the day now and I am so uncomfortable... it is hard to image I might need to wait another 6 weeks...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#6 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxye View Post
I hear you!

I am due around the 22nd but I have had two 42 weekers (my middle son was a 38 weeker) but I just have the feeling that I should have joined the Feb group instead....

My SPD is getting worse by the day now and I am so uncomfortable... it is hard to image I might need to wait another 6 weeks...
I thought I should have joined the feb ddc too, but didn't want them to feel like I feel in the jan ddc.

Knowing that your previous babes came 42 weeks is rough, mine came 13 and 11 days past, so I fully expect this babe to be the same. Sigh.
#7 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
I'm an early February momma (Feb 5) and I totally feel you! I feel like I'm gonna go early this time around, but thats still weeks away.
EVERY TIME I feel like I'm gonna go early and don't, always within a few days of my edd. But this time I REALLY feel like I'm gonna go early, and yet what I predict is a looooong month ahead of me! I am so preoccupied with thinking about labor and so badly want to have this baby right now that every little twinge makes me think "maybe it's today!" I wake up every morning hoping it will be today, but knowing it won't be. Oh well, we will all have our chance very soon, but for those of you who do in the next couple of weeks... I am so jealous!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#8 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm due Jan 18th but since this is my first and my mom went late with me I am trying to prepare to wait the whole month out!

Yesterday I felt some much more serious practice contractions and it scared the crap out of me, we hadn't even got a car seat and I hadn't even started packing my bag for the birth center! But now that I spent yesterday getting those things together, of course I won't come early!

So don't worry, I will be sitting here waiting out the month with you!
#9 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 04:20 PM

That was actually why I joined the January DDC though my due date is Dec. 27th. I have been one of the last to go in previous DDCs, and it wasn't fun. The time will come for all of us, we just wish it would hurry up already!!

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#10 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 05:12 PM

I'm due around the 26th, so we are all in this together!! I love hearing about all the babies being born & then going to check out the Jan DCC Life with a Babe forum

My wish is to actually birth in January since I have a 2/2 baby already.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#11 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 07:21 PM

My EDD is January 23. I have been feeling like I will go early, even though this is my first. Which really just means that if I go to 42 weeks I am going to be extra disappointed! 4 weeks will go by very quickly I am sure, but I am so anxious and excited to meet my baby! I am also getting sick of the 'you look like you are going to pop', 'you must be due any time now', 'you haven't had that baby yet?' type of comments from people and cannot imagine how bad it will be a month to 6 weeks from now!!!!

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#12 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 07:24 PM

My EDD is the 26th, my son was born at 39w, but I'm preparing myself for going way overdue.
#13 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Dea

My EDD is jan 25... I hope I go early 'cause he's big and I am so uncomfortable, but Trixie was late, so I'm not making any predictions!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#14 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 07:59 PM

If it makes you feel better...im due at Jan 29!!!! The VERY END Of January!! I know how you feel except Ive been in pain for a while and Im thinking she may come earlier, but who knows you know? I have a doc appt tomorrow so will see whats going on at that point...

Wife to DH (2 yrs)~ Momma to Boo (DS,3 yrs)~ and momma to be of DD (1/29/10) Love life and love crafting (beaded jewelry maker and doll maker)
#15 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM

See, you are not alone!! I'm due Jan. 18th but I'm a slow cooker, judging from the first one, so I might go later than that. I'll be surprised if it's any earlier! But I'm with you....sitting here at 37 weeks with no signs of labor whatsoever and trying not to be a little jealous!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#16 of 27 Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happywife101 View Post
If it makes you feel better...im due at Jan 29!!!! The VERY END Of January!! I know how you feel except Ive been in pain for a while and Im thinking she may come earlier, but who knows you know? I have a doc appt tomorrow so will see whats going on at that point...
I'm due January 29th with my first. I must say, though, that reading others' birth stories is encouraging. Meanwhile I am in a great deal of discomfort. The baby is really low (the midwife was surprised how low) and I feel a lot of pressure. I can only sleep 2-3 hours at a time and end up sleeping much of the day when I have a ton to do in the way of nesting. My braxton hicks contractions are becoming more intense and frequent. I actually hope to go a little early.
#17 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 12:05 AM

My EDD is Jan 27th but I'm actually hoping that she stays put for a few days longer than that! I'd like to have her January 30th or 31st. Of course, it's easy to say that now--I'm perfectly comfortable at ~36 weeks and am able to sleep 8+ hours a night. Of course I have to get up a few times and stumble to the bathroom, but I never have any trouble falling back asleep afterwards. I do have some back and pelvic pain when working, but I'm a waitress so I'm on my feet running around all day and I think that pain is to be expected. I've also had some painful contractions over the past few days which I don't like since I want the baby to stay put! But my last shift is in 3 days--so after that I mostly get to stay home and nest which will be lovely.

It's nice to see/hear from the other late-Jan ladies. I do sometimes feel as if this whole DDC is made up of early to mid January babies and it's good to see that's not the case. But I'm also enjoying reading the birth announcements and getting a sneak peak of what might be in store for me.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#18 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm technically due January 31st and I am a first timer. I lurk here and in the Feb DDC so I am on the very last possible day in Jan! I do get a little jealous of all the mamas having babies now, but I am not ready yet for my LO to come! So yeah, I am one of the ones who will be cheering on all the new moms in this group and waiting until the end for mine

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#19 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 10:08 AM

I think I'm technically a mid-Jan mama (due the 20th) but last time my EDD was the very last day of the month, and it was soooooo hard to hear about all the babies! Just about EVERYONE was born before my daughter came into the world! It was amazing how the conversation shifted from pregnancy to newborn stuff while the rest of us waited on our LOs. It can be hard but that didn't take away the value of the community for me -- I just kept talking to other late Feb mamas. And some had babies in MARCH, so I ended up feeling pretty darn lucky!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#20 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Yup, my EDD is Jan. 23rd. Although I try not to think of it that way. My labor with DD started on my EDD and she was born early morn. next day. So I'm already really uncomfortable, like, sitting on a boppy like pillow cause the pressure is uncomfortable on my bum, but I'm prepared to go the distance so to speak. I still have alot to do, and I'm doing it by myself w/ my DD who's 3 in tow cause hubby isn't getting time off until labor actually begins. But, I've got a 20 yr old cousin due the same time as me, and she thinks she going to go any day... it's her first. I told her that it's important to be patient because she'll be really angry if she's overdue. She says she doesn't want to hear my "hippie birth propoganda." Okay, young one...

SAHM-25 with DH-35 we have DD-3 and missing DC: 3/08 and DS: 9/08 but : EDD: Jan/2010
#21 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM

I'm due January 23rd and this is a new experience for me! Ds was due on Dec 8th and dd was due on Feb 2nd and they were both two weeks early so I have always been among the first and the month-jumpers. I think it is making me extra impatient to actually have a baby the same month I am due!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#22 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM

the 25th and a first time mom here, so i have no idea which way to expect this to go.

but, i swear i am so sick of "any day now!" comments . um, no, my due date is still a month away.

for me, it's not bad. i'm still mostly comfortable, with some minor aches and pains, and i am having some slight practice contractions, but nothing serious yet.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#23 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm due at the end of December (technically, that would be this week - yikes!) but I have been visiting both DDCs and right now I have more in common with this one than the December DDC, where almost everyone has already delivered.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#24 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 05:06 PM

I'm due the 27th with my 2nd, and am feeling a little scared about how uncomfortable this month could be. I finished work on Dec. 23rd, which is nice, but now I have no distraction from my many discomforts. I do have a lot to do around the house, little things to get ready...hope I can motivate myself to do them rather than lay around in misery. Lol, sounds like I need to go listen to my Hypnobabies and get positive.
#25 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I can't believe I have an entire month left! I'm due the 22nd, but usually go almost 41 weeks. I'm getting very close to impatient, but still have so many things to do!
#26 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM

Going by my LMP my due date was Jan 27 I think. BUT since I know when I conceived and it was confirmed by an ultrasound at 7 weeks, my due date is Feb 2. I stayed with the Feb DDC mostly just because I didn't want to be one of the last ones in my DDC to have her baby... haha. BUT I have visited and been reading in this one all along, and more so as we get closer to the end. I have had 2 babes at 39 weeks and one on my due date. I cannot imagine going over!!

38y.o. wife to the best husband on earth for the last 19 years and Mommy to 5 going on 6. DUE Feb. 2, 2010. We delay and selective vax. I love BF'ing and CD'ing.
#27 of 27 Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 PM

I actually joined the Feb DDC but then realised I'd calculated my EDD wrong and I was actually due 30th Jan (not 4th Feb as I'd thought) ... and I'm having a planned section at 38 weeks so I know babe is coming in Jan but I'd already settled into Feb so I decided to stay put. Besides, I'm a PAL mama and thought it might be easier on my anxiety levels to be an "earlier in the DDC" birther than an end of the month one. I lurk here though - especially now the babies are being born.

But I'm ready - not ready in the sense that I'm only 35 weeks and want to cook a bit longer but ready in the sense I can feel my anxiety levels rising now and just want LO safe in my arms. Also I have SPD this time around and I don't know how much longer I can manage the daily walk to school with my eldest two!

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page