2010 Chat thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's like two degrees outside right now so I doubt this one is coming out into this crappy weather while it's all warm and cozy inside. Plus, my husband had to take a last minute trip to Chicago for work...so I'm hoping nothing happens until tomorrow night.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#62 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Went into L&D this morning - the nurses are convinced I will be back within 24 hrs because my cx are frequent and pretty intense but I'm not dilated enough for them to keep me. So...I am going to rest a bit and then do some walking to encourage this LO to come out. Wish me luck...

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#63 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Exciting!!

Angela
#64 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM

Very exciting, Remijo!! It's been a few days since we had a birth announcment... I want more babies, darnit! :P

So after the stretch and sweep yesterday I felt nothing.... put in some EPO before bed and as I was laying there was feeling icky and tons of bhs. Then nothing...this morning nothing until about an hour ago where I've been feeling mildly crampy and then in the shower I lost part of my plug or at least I think it's part of myplug. Yay! I know I shouldn't get excited as it could still be a few weeks away but I can't help it, I AM excited!

question though about the plug... if my m/w was able to feel babies head and my membranes while doing the stretch and sweep, wouldn't that have meant I lost the plug already? Or can you feel thorugh that?

#65 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 06:53 PM

...any ideas on getting some night-time sleep these last couple of days/weeks?

I know that once baby comes there won't be any sleep, which makes it even more frustrating that I can't rest right now.

anyone have some ideas on how to get to sleep at night? I'm tempted to take some Tylenol to relief from the hip pain, maybe that will help?

39wks, 4days....just ONE nights rest would be lovely before we meet the next little person.

cheers
#66 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 PM

I hear ya on the no sleep. Even though I am tired, I am pretty sure I am only getting about 3 hours sleep total. If you are having hip pain and want a good night's rest I would take something too! No suggestions, just sympathy!
#67 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

YAY remijo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
...any ideas on getting some night-time sleep these last couple of days/weeks?

I know that once baby comes there won't be any sleep, which makes it even more frustrating that I can't rest right now.

anyone have some ideas on how to get to sleep at night? I'm tempted to take some Tylenol to relief from the hip pain, maybe that will help?

39wks, 4days....just ONE nights rest would be lovely before we meet the next little person.

cheers
I would take some Tylenol PM or something. No sense in suffering if something that small will make a difference.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#68 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Good luck, remijo, I so hope this is it for you!

These new baby pictures are only intensifying my baby lust.

Still nauseous here. I'm starting to wonder if I have a stomach bug of sorts...no temperature, we'll see.

My back is aching quite a big, wish I could submerge myself fully in the bathtub. We set up the pool, though, and DD is beside herself excited about it, lol. She doesn't get why there is no water in it and keeps saying "All gone!". Last night she attempted to put some Mr. Bubble in there but luckily DH averted that crisis.

I'm hoping the next few days bring a bunch of new arrivals for us!

Geo_girl, I'm with nummies, break out the benadryl. I've done it a few times in the last week since we moved DD over to DH's side of the bed. Mamakims, that is SO exciting! I heard mw can still feel baby's head even if plug is intact.
#69 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 PM

Unisom is pregnancy safe, I'd take 1/4 or 1/2.

A warm bath before bed helps me relax.

Had some diarrhea this afternoon and got kind of excited... but it's probably just diarrhea . 38 weeks tomorrow!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#70 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Well my due date will be here in 7hrs 45 mins (not like I'm counting ) and no sign of anything happening.

But I'm OK with that. My mom finally booked her ticket - she lands 12:30 on Saturday so I kinda want to keep baby in until then. Maybe it'll be like my scheduled induction with DS2 - as soon as we booked it he came the next day on his own LOL

Sending lot's of sleepy dust to the mama's who aren't sleeping. I'm not doing TOO bad. If I wake up I just make sure not think too much or else I'm wide awake

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#71 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 11:01 PM

Good luck, Remijo!! I've been sleeping pretty terrible too, but my DS is helping out with that LOL I keep begging him to give us a few nights to sleep through before the baby comes. Other than some really annoying lower back pain/aches I'm feeling ok. Definitely getting more emotional though! I cried about cheesecake tonight. Cheesecake. Oye.

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#72 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
Failcia and JayJay, have you tried EPO to ripen the cervix? I've been taking it for a few weeks now. With my first I didn't dilate at ALL until I'd been in labor for about 12 hrs... but once I did, it went quickly!! I am not sure I want a cervical check this weekend, because I know I'd be discouraged to find out I wasn't dilated at all. I actually keep dreaming about getting cervical checks, with mixed results.
I've been doing EPO since 37 or 38 weeks. At my MWs suggestion, I've started piercing the capsules and using a syringe to attempt to aim the oil at my cervix. Nada. I'm going through 8-12 capsules a night and have been for a while. I guess it's just not time. I'm really trying to be patient. And I agree with you that I can tinker all I want but the babe is gonna come out when he's ready. I need to relax. MW isn't pressuring me to get moving nor is it her policy to induce at 42 weeks so I feel comfortable waiting.

and I drink a gallon of tea a day I sure hope it's an efficient labor

remijo - woohoo mama! good luck!

seaheroine - Feel better soon. I can't imagine nausea at this stage of the game

charlene - magnesium makes me sleepy (I use the floradix brand).

AQ99 - it's here too! I keep thinking that's why babe is staying put! It's too friggen cold to come out!

mamakims - my plug is firmly attached to my cervix and the MW could feel the head. I don't think they are nec. feeling through the cervix, kwim? Sometimes I can feel a little head when I feel inside - through the vaginal wall.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#73 of 118 Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 PM

Thanks for all the good vibes, I seem to have stalled for a moment but I keep sitting on the exercise ball and am going to go take a shower and hope that this does not mean its over for now. Its supposed to snow 5 inches tomorrow and be 35 below zero tomorrow night so that is when she'll probably make her appearance.

#74 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 AM

remijo- praying it's SOON! (and seems so fitting for it to be on a lousy weather day I'm expecting the same!)

charlene- I think I've heard Tylenol PM isn't avail in CA? IDK about Unisome either. You can always try a regular tylenol and a gravol together, that's what I was told to take for early/ pre- labour that started in the middle of the night (trying to stop it so I could rest). Or heck, have a glass of wine!

Falicia- the only thing I can feel through the vaginal wall is... poo I know, TMI (and obviously that's the BACK side not the FRONT side where the baby is, but it's hard to miss!)

I found my bottle of EPO today and took one. I'm scared to take it though. I think I'm the opposite of everyone here, I do NOT want my baby to come any time soon! I told someone at playgroup today, "I'd be THRILLED if I go overdue!" and then instantly regretted it, because if I do I know I would definitely not be thrilled. I've jinxed myself.

How come the closer it gets the less ready I get? My to-do list still has the same number of things on it as I did when I created the damn thing, and I'm sure I COULD find the time to do it... probably? but I'm apparently not trying very hard. I need to let go of this anxiety somehow so this baby can pick his own birthday without me making a muck of it.

Cleaning up is also a lot harder these days- bending over, squatting, moving things. AND our dishwasher broke Fabulous timing there!

Also trying REALLY HARD to get my brother to move out. He was only going to stay a month or two... and this was back in August. We have a meeting set up with a family friend who is roughly his age who is looking to move out of his parents house. If they hit it off maybe they can get a place together...?? Fingers crossed!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#75 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
How come the closer it gets the less ready I get? My to-do list still has the same number of things on it as I did when I created the damn thing, and I'm sure I COULD find the time to do it... probably? but I'm apparently not trying very hard. I need to let go of this anxiety somehow so this baby can pick his own birthday without me making a muck of it.

Cleaning up is also a lot harder these days- bending over, squatting, moving things. AND our dishwasher broke Fabulous timing there!
Yeah, I'm in the same boat... I remember going through this with my daughter, too. At some point, you get all the "major" things done you feel like HAD to be taken care of (which for me will happen as soon as I meet with my co-teacher to plan next semester, which is slated to happen tomorrow morning if the weather holds), and then you get sick of running the same errands or cleaning the same stuff over and over again. In fact, I was just thinking to myself that I would LOVE for this baby to be born ASAP so I don't have to go to the freakin' grocery store again.

Snow storm tonight... good night to have a baby, right??? COME OUT BABY.

Falicia, here's hoping things happen soon for all of us! I guess we're doing all we safely can and feeling exactly how we're SUPPOSED to feel at the end of our pregnancies.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#76 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM

I met with my OB today and this kid is FINALLY vertex. I swear, I thought he'd never see the light...and I told him all about the excessive boob action he will get upon exit. Anyway, I'm 1.5cm dilated.

Angela
#77 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Angela- YAY for head down!!

I had a midwife appointment today. I have been having bladder spasms really bad for the past couple of days (I have interstitial cystitis) and the midwife wanted to make sure that it was positionally related and not a UTI. No UTI, thank goodness! She did do an exam to make sure that we didn't have a hand or something in the way and that is all good too! I am 5-6cms dilated and 75-100% effaced.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#78 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Angela- YAY for head down!!

I had a midwife appointment today. I have been having bladder spasms really bad for the past couple of days (I have interstitial cystitis) and the midwife wanted to make sure that it was positionally related and not a UTI. No UTI, thank goodness! She did do an exam to make sure that we didn't have a hand or something in the way and that is all good too! I am 5-6cms dilated and 75-100% effaced.
Mandie that is great news, I hope those boys are ready to make an appearance soon!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#79 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Good news nummies!!! Hopefully they arrive SOON!!

I had my 40 week appt this morning. I'm still only 2cm but fully effaced and ready to roar as the Doc so wonderfully said lol He asked if I wanted to be stripped and I gave him a big heck yes. He said if he's going to do it then he's going to do it good... Well, I was basically yelling in the room it was almost embaressing but we were both laughing at the same time. Ouch. He says if that doesn't get me moving then I'm really not ready yet. Urgh. Appt again next Wednesday and he really wants to induce at 7 days overdue because of my history of barely getting the boys heads out and this one is following suit.

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
#80 of 118 Old 01-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Ithank goodness! She did do an exam to make sure that we didn't have a hand or something in the way and that is all good too! I am 5-6cms dilated and 75-100% effaced.
Wow, Mandie! When you do go I bet it will be fast!

I had an exam yesterday too. Nothing. Just nothing is happening. Due on Sunday. Sigh.... I am finally getting some things done though that seemed so difficult before. Also, we can't seem to decide on a name. Dh is being very difficult and saying he doesn't like any of them without really offering any of his own. He needs to spend some time on it but he is so busy..... He says I should be happy because I get to choose the name but on the other hand I really want him to like it!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#81 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies. Lots of prodromal labor last night, but they fizzled out around midnight. They picked back up at 4am, but now nothing...*sigh*

How is everyone doing today?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#82 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Huge snowstorm here, but no baby! I've been eating an insane amount of food (ever wonder how we're able to fit SO MUCH food in when there's a huge baby in there??). Nothing really new on the birth readiness front, some cramps but nothing really significant. (38w1d here)

I tried to check my own cervix but couldn't reach it, so who knows what that means it was a dumb thing to do.

Keeping DD home from daycare since it's so nasty out, which stinks because I wanted to do some important stuff today so I could be that much closer to being ready for the baby. STIR CRAZY. Fortunately, DD has been in a great mood for the last few days.

Oh, and our latest triumph is that DD is falling asleep on her own at night! And she's falling asleep in her own little bed (in our room) most nights, too. This is amazing to us! We thought it would never happen!

#83 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM

I am not usually able to keep up with chat threads but thought I would chime in today!! I can't wait for more babies to start pouring in. Does anyone else feel like we are kind of in a lull compared to other DDCs? Usually it seems like once one baby is born, each day brings 10 more postings about new babies. We had a burst in the beginning but now it is slowing down to a baby here and a baby there.

I am going to be 38 weeks on Saturday and although I have been feeling like this baby is NEVER coming (no laborish feelings at all) yesterday I suffered a terrible backache with nausea all day, plus some super strong BH contractions. The baby is also super quiet, too. So promising!!!! I haven't really had any BH this pregnancy. It seems so far away that I could be having a baby soon when I feel so good, but it also seems weird to give birth to two 6 lb 38 week babies and then suddenly what, a 41 week 8 or 9 lb-er? How weird would that be.

We are having a snowstorm here too today, smokeylo! I figured with my luck that means the baby is coming today... since I chose a hospital a half hour away and stuff. Nothing like fighting the freeway during one of the first significant snowfalls of the season and giving birth in the car!!

Sort of hoping that my daycare family doesn't work today because of the snowfall (father is a carpenter and often does not work in poor weather). If I have to watch their kids today it means packing up 3 little ones and walking 4 or 5 blocks in the snow with a double stroller to go pick up their dd from school.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#84 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Nummies, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It is so cold here too but the snow is past us now...

After being assured I was in early labor - nothing. I have had a few cx this morning and lots of brownish mucus the last two days but then I've had a few cervical checks too, I'm not getting my hopes up. This LO will probably wait until the 13th when she is coaxed out which is not that far away but I wanted to do it on my own. I have an NST today and the baby has been super quiet the last day or so too - don't know if that means good things or not. *sigh* Oh well. On a good note, I am all ready for school. Got my books and my notebooks, now I just need my baby and to be able to start a supply of breastmilk and I am set. Classes start on Monday.

#85 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Wow, Mandie, that is so great about being 5-6! It's going to happen so fast for you!

MW came yesterday, still surprised baby hasn't made her appearance. I've been measuring 36.5 for the past three weeks (at 39 now) so she wants me to get an ultrasound to check fluid levels/take a peek. So I scheduled one for tomorrow which I'm actually excited about...I'm grateful to see her and help put any lingering worries to rest.

I know I've been a bit nauseous dehydrated this week so after she left I drank several bottles of water. Baby moved quite a bit and then I had a good hour of consistent, strong contractions. Got excited, thought it might be it, laid down and they spaced out like usual.

All that water made me pee so much, too. I've been thinking I might have a small leak due to just general wetness down there. Called a few pharmacies to ask about litmus paper, which nobody had. Of course the girl from Rite Aid was super rude and had *no* idea what I was talking about. She said "UH, this is the pharmacy." I know! "Let me transfer you to the FRONT of the store." Like I was asking for construction paper or art supplies, yk? Seriously, if you're working in a pharmacy, you should know what pH paper actually is.

Finally I dug out this old (25 years+!) science kit I bought from a garage sale and lo and behold it had a pad of litmus strips! Tested some urine a couple times and got a solid 7. Pretty neat they still work after all that time.

So, long story short, NO BABY YET! MW didn't schedule me for an appointment next week, sure she'll be here by then.

I'm sitting here convinced I'm going to be pregnant forever. My plans for today include making french toast for breakfast, tuna casserole for dinner, washing DD's wool and reading. NO cleaning, I just don't want to.
#86 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Mandie... 5-6 already? That's gonna be a fast labour! Can't wait... I have a feeling you'll be next to go! Way to go for carrying those babes right to the end.. who woulda thought it though! (Im sure you're beyond ready for the boys to make an appearance though).

Good luck on the NST and u/s for those that are getting them.

Babywise.. things have been moving along as far as early labour goes. I just hope I'm not in prodromal labour as long as I was with ds (and then needed to be induced on top of it!). Lost the rest of my plug yesterday and immediately starting feeling very crampy and diarreahy (sp?!). Never in my life other than towards the end of pregnancy am I glad to be visiting the toilet so much. LOL

Bodywise... ugh.. I have a head cold that has me feeling wiped out. My nose is both runny and plugged at the same time and I have a sore throat but I think that might be from breathing with my mouth open all night. So while I hate having a head cold, it could definitely be worse.

And way tmi... my dh is so not into sex right now. At all since the m/w did a stretch and sweep and could easily feel the baby's head. Then I told him I lost my plug and nope.... sex is just not going to happen. Which on one hand I don't mind because I can barely walk or roll over in bed with my pelvis bugging me and the SI joint pain but on the other hand... I want to encourage labour to begin any way I can! lol *sigh*

#87 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 PM

Oh what a night.

Contractions started around 6pm so I kept moving- feeding the boys, vaccumming, tidying up... They were coming every 8-10 mins and hurt exactly like when I was in early labour, definitely not BH. After the boys went down at 7:15 I laid down to see if they'd stop... they didn't. At 10 I decided to have a shower to see what happened and instead of petering out they went to every 5 mins. I finally thought - this could be it! At 11:30 I told DH to go to bed because there's no point in staying up at that point. As soon as he went to bed they started coming 2-4 minutes apart and h.u.r.t but switched from 60-90 seconds long to only 30-45 seconds long.. I was so tempted to call our sitter and head in because I KNOW they would've helped me along and the babe would be in my arms right now. Decided to wait as long as I could - I mean I was completely fine between them and I know that's not how it was with the boys when I was 6-10cm. Laid down on the couch at 3:30 and woke up this morning with NOTHING
It was real labour, early labour, but still - to wake up to nothing?! Today isn't a very good emotional day for me. I've been crying about everything.. poor DS2 probably wishes he was at school with DS1 .
My labours with the boys were only 5 & 2 hours respectively - this pregnancy has managed to completely throw me for a loop right up til the end.

Sorry it's so long - I just NEEDED to type it out and I'm sick of the freaking phone calls today. And facebook messages. And texts. Yes I'm 1 day overdue but that means squat! I'm 100% fine with being overdue - it's the 9hours of prodromal labour that I've never had before that is sending me over the edge.

#88 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Lauren- That is awesome that your DD is falling asleep on her own! We are having lots of snow too.

Strawberry- I feel like we are in a lull too. Hopefully it picks up soon and these babies decide to come out!

remijo- Good luck with the NST.

seaheroine- That's great that your MW thinks the baby will be here soon!

Kim- Sounds like we are in the same boat! I have been having loose stools for days now. And I hope you are right about me being next! I am so ready. I really should have sex with DH to try to move things along, but at the end of the night I am so tired and my belly is so huge it just makes it uncomfortable. *sigh*

3plus2- I hear ya on the prodromal labor. That was me last night! I went for 10 days like that with my son, I hope I don't have a repeat of that.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#89 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 03:24 PM

[QUOTE= My plans for today include making french toast for breakfast, tuna casserole for dinner, washing DD's wool and reading. NO cleaning, I just don't want to.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like a really nice day!

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#90 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM

Well I'm officially past all my EDDs with no signs of labor. I told my DH if we ever have another baby I'm adjusting my date by a month.
I am okay with waiting for baby to come but the whole situation with my mom is just stressful. Oh well.

Going to try to sew up some stuff today! That should keep me busy.

Lauren - I've been eating SO MUCH the last week and I'm over 40 weeks! Seriously, where does it go??

Mandie - Woohoo mama!!! Sounds like it will be soon and fast

Mamakims - I would give anything for my DH NOT to be into sex. Or for me to be into it. I can't even muster fake enthusiasm. Poor guy, last night he said out of all the things I've done for the pregnancy, baby, and labor I don't even want to do the one FUN thing? Sex has got to be better than the 12 gallons of RRL/Nettle infusion I drink daily

3plus -

seaheroine - I had an amniotic leak a few weeks ago and called all over town for litmus/pH/nitrazine paper and finally one surgical supply shop had it. But I hear ya, I tried CVS first and asked the pharmacist for pH testing paper and she looked at me like I was asking for some kind of bomb making ingredient. WTF?

remijo - what are you studying?

strawberry - I know! Where are all the babies!?! Come out, come out, little ones! it's nice out here

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page