2010 Chat thread! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
seaheroine - I had an amniotic leak a few weeks ago and called all over town for litmus/pH/nitrazine paper and finally one surgical supply shop had it. But I hear ya, I tried CVS first and asked the pharmacist for pH testing paper and she looked at me like I was asking for some kind of bomb making ingredient. WTF?
I swear, this made my week! All of us suspicious preggos!

Remijo, I cannot believe your classes start Monday -- you are brave! Mine don't start for another five weeks and I've been stressing about *that*!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaheroine View Post
MW came yesterday, still surprised baby hasn't made her appearance. I've been measuring 36.5 for the past three weeks (at 39 now) so she wants me to get an ultrasound to check fluid levels/take a peek. So I scheduled one for tomorrow which I'm actually excited about...I'm grateful to see her and help put any lingering worries to rest.
I stopped growing at 35 (and I'm now 38w6d)...I asked my OB about this and he said the measurements don't really mean anything after 31 weeks.

Hopefully your ultrasound shows a gorgeous looking bean!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#93 of 118 Old 01-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
I stopped growing at 35 (and I'm now 38w6d)...I asked my OB about this and he said the measurements don't really mean anything after 31 weeks.

Hopefully your ultrasound shows a gorgeous looking bean!

Thanks so much for this -- that is really reassuring!

MW only seems slightly concerned. Baby is deep in my pelvis and persistently LOA, so maybe that has something to do with it...she suggested better safe than sorry mode. I've been drinking lots of water...hopefully that helps a bit.
#94 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 12:40 AM

I scrubbed my floor last night on hands and knees (I didn't want to... I accidentally scrubbed a grout line and then noticed that one didn't match the rest of the floor so I did them all) and then spent about 40 min. leaning over my exercise ball (with my laptop on my couch, of course!) and baby spent about 10 minutes LOA before going back to ROP

It's good that he's got room to flip, but also really irritating! My wrists and knees hurt, too, so I don't want to do that again for awhile!

I'm sorry for everyone having tough times and long starts/prodomal labour

Soon this will all be a distant memory!

Seaheroine- I stopped growing at 36 weeks with DD, too. I went for an US, everything was normal and wonderful, she was born 7 lbs 6 oz at 40+2

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#95 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 01:08 AM

IT IS TIME TO COME OUT!!!!!!!!

Pressing my belly button saying "Eject, Eject" Not working, so the kids tried, well they just hurt me pressing so hard. I thought I was prepared for the long haul but I am losing a little piece of my mind every day AAAHHHH.
#96 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM

I dont know how some babies just "sit still" in there at the end. Mine is always trying to move around. It just turned back vertex a couple days ago and at night it is still seems to be trying to "get somewhere". Its like its trying to get out. I can feel it "jumping up". Does anybody else get that. It's head suddenly jumps out from my pubic bone. Or jumps down-whatever. It hurts. I just think it has a LOT of room, although on the recent position confirmation u/s, it did not look like a lot of room AT ALL. Its head was right up against the placenta and wall of the uterus. IDK.

The wait is getting harder and harder. I just need to relax, because I can literally all day long off and on think about all the things that can happen and worry and then that makes me more upset and I really go between, "ok lets do this tonight" to "ok, wait, wait".

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#97 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
Seaheroine- I stopped growing at 36 weeks with DD, too. I went for an US, everything was normal and wonderful, she was born 7 lbs 6 oz at 40+2
Thanks for this too! I really appreciate it.
That sounds about right...I'm in-the-dark guesstimating her to be somewhere between 7lbs even and 7.4ish. Hopefully I don't have to wait another week to find out!

I'll update when I find out more. I'm hoping the US tech is a "talker"...I had to find a different imaging place since the place I went to earlier in pregnancy doesn't accept MW patients who are this far along. Hopefully they just tell me what they see and don't insist on faxing results to MW.
#98 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Mostly I'm just BORED right now!! I'm hungry and BORED!

Strawberry, I agree it's weird we aren't having tons and tons of babies right now. It seems strange we'd have a week with so few births! I imagine we'll have a TON all at once.

I have a friend actually bringing me cookies, how cool is that? I'm so hungry right now. I should probably eat something better than cookies. But cookies is what we want!

I think the baby has dropped even LOWER. I feel like I have a bowling ball between my legs. I look kind of absurd since half my tummy can't be covered by shirts!

My baby has also been extremely quiet in the last several days. Many, many hours with no movement, or just little pokes/stretches. Overnight (last night) baby was going nuts AND I had some really bad cramping, which made me think !!!! but it all petered out on its own.

Here's hoping some of you are FINALLY in REAL labor!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#99 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 PM

I have to admit I am a little down at the moment. As each day passes I think that's another day I won't get to experience that feeling of "I'm going into labor" before I am actually in the hospital and hooked up. I wanted to experience that. Still having lots of BM's, snotty brownish discharge and off and on cx but nothing else besides an overwhelming fatigue. Oh and an intense craving for Mexican - which I am going to indulge. If I can't have my baby, at least I can have an enchilada.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#100 of 118 Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post

My baby has also been extremely quiet in the last several days. Many, many hours with no movement, or just little pokes/stretches. Overnight (last night) baby was going nuts AND I had some really bad cramping, which made me think !!!! but it all petered out on its own.
This is exactly what I am going through right now, too!! Baby used to be SUPER active and now is suddenly very, very quiet. He/she responds when I poke at my belly and pester him, her, but otherwise I'm not getting much. Just teeny pokes here and there.

Last few days I've been having an on and off backache couples with a dull ache in my lower belly (like light menstrual cramps) and I begin to think, "Oh, oh!! Maybe this is it!" but before I know it I am back to feeling normal and I begin to wonder if it was all in my head.

It doesn't help that dh is DONE with me being pregnant and asks every 5 seconds how I am feeling and if I have any news.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#101 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 12:17 AM

This baby has really quiet days and really active days. He gets hiccups all the time now.

I've been getting pretty persistent crampy feelings and bachache. I'm at the stage now where I'm oh so carefully looking at the toilet paper when I wipe hoping to see SOMETHING interesting, and every crampy/contractiony feeling I'm taking special note of to see if something follows it in the next 5-10 minutes (nothing ever does). The waiting is so hard, especially since I could still be waiting for quite some time!

No cravings, definitely nesting but I'm too tired and DD is too busy for me to get much done.

DH is also only schedule one shift this coming week- he's hit the REALLY slow period at work, so until things pick up in Feb-March we'll be really strapped for cash. He gets 5 weeks of paternity leave whenever this kid is born and it pays a lot better then what he's getting now so now he's anxious for the baby to be born so he can do paternity so we have money coming in, and then go back when work picks up again. So now he's asking, "any feelings? Stuff happening? How about today?" .... Yeah, helpful, thanks.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#102 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 01:13 AM

dp is actually still doing really well. just in the last day or so her belly size has started becoming uncomfortable but she's definitely not at the point of wanting baby out already. we still have a week and change until our official due date (and since we did iuis we know exactly when he was conceived) so it might be a bit of a wait.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#103 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
I'm at the stage now where I'm oh so carefully looking at the toilet paper when I wipe hoping to see SOMETHING interesting,
Ugh, I do this too. And every time I totally kick my self because when there finally IS something interesting, it is going to be so danged obvious. Like someone blew their nose in my toilet paper! No need to stare at it with a magnifying glass each time I use the bathroom. And I *KNOW* this! But I still can't stop myself from analyzing it every.single.time.

Both other kids I lost mucus plug/bloody show about 1-1.5 days before the baby arrived, so it is the number one thing that I am obsessing about right now!!

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#104 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 AM

I am so bummed everytime I wipe too.

I am 38w2d and since my daughter came at 37w1d I am getting a bit frustrated and I have to realize it's still early. It's just not fair though, with her I had no problems and she comes early. With this guy I have gestational diabietes and I am craving sweets SO bad. I am tired of the finger pokes. I am always hungry and just can't eat enough or else my blood sugar is too high. It's really not fair that he is taking longer than his sis did, imo!

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#105 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Ugh, I do this too. And every time I totally kick my self because when there finally IS something interesting, it is going to be so danged obvious. Like someone blew their nose in my toilet paper! No need to stare at it with a magnifying glass each time I use the bathroom. And I *KNOW* this! But I still can't stop myself from analyzing it every.single.time.

Both other kids I lost mucus plug/bloody show about 1-1.5 days before the baby arrived, so it is the number one thing that I am obsessing about right now!!
That is SO funny! I inspect my tp too! I get excited if there is just a little smidge of mucus and especially if its different colored. What a weirdo.

#106 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
I am so bummed everytime I wipe too.

I am 38w2d and since my daughter came at 37w1d I am getting a bit frustrated and I have to realize it's still early. It's just not fair though, with her I had no problems and she comes early. With this guy I have gestational diabietes and I am craving sweets SO bad. I am tired of the finger pokes. I am always hungry and just can't eat enough or else my blood sugar is too high. It's really not fair that he is taking longer than his sis did, imo!
That has got to be the worst! Wanting to eat while pg and not being able to. Oh MAN.

#107 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post

same with DD - so I'm keeping an eye out for it too.

The only other "sign" I had with her was that the baby had dropped - this baby has never un-dropped, he started low and stayed there, so mucous plug is it for me, I'm expecting.

And yep- anything in the TP is SO danged obvious... although with my daughter, I lost my plug as I was getting out of the shower... I found it stuck to my thigh, lol.

Sunshadow- I didn't do the GD test... but I am SO craving sweets.
DH went to the store to buy beer, and I told him "get me something good." He told the clerk what I'd said after he wandered around for 10 minutes, and she goes, "she's pregnant right?" (har har) and then said he MUST get chocolates and gummy candies. It definitely hit the spot!

#108 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Another obsessive TP checker, here... feeling GIGANTIC now. This baby feels SO HEAVY!

I can't believe we're not having 10 births a day! I wonder what magical day of the month will have 15 of us go at the same time or something!

Feeling crampy this morning but think it's just gas .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#109 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Sign me up for TP checker's anonymous.

I'm in so much pain. That is all.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#110 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Sign me up for TP checker's anonymous.

I'm in so much pain. That is all.
Me too. The size of my uterus at 43 cm with all that fluid has me in constant pelvic pain and heartburn pain. The cx are constant but always go away when I think something is happening. Now I am thinking weds can't come fast enough, induction or not.

Hang in there, everyone... I too am wondering when the magic day is that all the babies will be born - maybe my birthday. We are dealing with very determined and persistent Capricorn babies here or very independent Aquarians - neither of which want to be told when to come out.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#111 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
Me too. The size of my uterus at 43 cm with all that fluid has me in constant pelvic pain and heartburn pain. The cx are constant but always go away when I think something is happening. Now I am thinking weds can't come fast enough, induction or not.

Hang in there, everyone... I too am wondering when the magic day is that all the babies will be born - maybe my birthday. We are dealing with very determined and persistent Capricorn babies here or very independent Aquarians - neither of which want to be told when to come out.
I feel ya sister, my uterus is measuring 52cms. My poor hips.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#112 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 01:42 PM

52? 43? You poor women, that sounds like utter misery. My heart goes out to you and I hope your babies arrive this.weekend. Hopefully your DHs are letting you camp out on the couch!

I'm another enthusiastic tp checker. No change here, either.

The ultrasound yesterday couldn't have gone better. The baby was just gorgeous, with my husband's beautiful lips and dark hair. She was chubby and moving around, waving her fists and wiggling her eyebrows. I've never had an US this far along...it was incredible. The tech was great, too, showed me all her organs and laid to rest some of my irrational fears. She said she was getting ready to arrive soon...you could see her first bowel movement there, waiting.

Her fluid was good, too, an 8 - MW wants me to try to raise it to a 10 though it seems impossible to drink any more. Sizing guesstimated her at 7lbs 12oz right now...much bigger than I was imagining. We'll see!

Seeing her so close, like a photograph, almost pushed me over the edge. I want to touch that hair and kiss those cheeks!

I'm REALLY hoping this weekend will be it so my sister and BIL will be able to be here.
#113 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM

I'm a tp checker too. But I have been the whole pregnancy, I'm weird like that!

Sorry to you mamas who are feeling uncomfortable (to say the least!), I'm joining you too. I can't imagine having two babies in me right now because as it is I carry huge when pregnant. Rolling over in bed takes forever and is so painful, I can barely move my right leg at times.

And on top of that my runny nose is turning into a chest cold. DH and dd is getting it too so as much as I'd love to have the baby today, I'm crossing my fingers that he or she doesn't arrive until this cold bug has run through everyone. Because the only thing worse than a sick pregnant woman is a sick newborn.

On the plus side, my constant reflux is gone. I think the baby may have dropped because the reflux is gone and I can now barely fit in the driver's seat. I didn't drop with either babe until I was in labour and didn't think subsequent babies dropped before anything started. But breathing and no reflux is a good thing!

#114 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaheroine View Post
The ultrasound yesterday couldn't have gone better. The baby was just gorgeous, with my husband's beautiful lips and dark hair. She was chubby and moving around, waving her fists and wiggling her eyebrows. I've never had an US this far along...it was incredible. The tech was great, too, showed me all her organs and laid to rest some of my irrational fears. She said she was getting ready to arrive soon...you could see her first bowel movement there, waiting.

Seeing her so close, like a photograph, almost pushed me over the edge. I want to touch that hair and kiss those cheeks!
Glad to hear the u/s went so well! I've had late u/s with this pregnancy and with my ds and it's so amazing to see chubby little cheeks and hair present and practice breaths are just so amazing!

#115 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 PM

ha ha. toilet paper checker here too! I was just thinking about how funny it is that I obsessively checked it each time during the first trimester, then completely stopped, and am now back to it.

I'm 38w 5days with my first. We told everyone that the baby was due end of Jan/ beg of February and the midwives are the only ones who even know the due date, so no one's been hounding us yet. This is a funny limbo to be in, though. I felt like I had to be completely ready by 37 weeks (partly due to my own OCD and partly due to the fact that my mom and sister both went early with their first babes) so now it's just a lesson in patience. I'm definitely not at the "done with pregnancy" stage yet, as I'm still feeling great. But I'll admit i'm really eager to meet this little one. It's also a funny thing to not really be able to make any plans. I'm enjoying this time, though. I've been horribly lazy and have just spent this time relaxing and enjoying this last bit of free time.

Every day, I check for new births. I have a feeling they'll come in waves, like that whole slew of births in the beginning.

Sending everyone good thoughts!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#116 of 118 Old 01-09-2010, 08:31 PM

dp had an acupuncture appt this afternoon. usually she goes on her own but with the icy roads, ds and i went along with her (we had snow and ice here and we don't usually get it) and he napped in the car and then he and i made snowballs in what snow was left, lol!! anyways, her dr couldn't believe how well she's doing this far along in her pregnancy! her energy and pregnancy pulse are both fantastic - maybe our babe is too happy in there to come out!

we'll make another appt with her should dp go past her due date and she'll try some techniques to get labour started to prevent us having an induction.

g

edited to add - our son is acting very clingy and our dog is sitting by dp everytime she sits down...hmmmm....i wonder if they both sense our babe is coming soon??

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#117 of 118 Old 01-10-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post
edited to add - our son is acting very clingy and our dog is sitting by dp everytime she sits down...hmmmm....i wonder if they both sense our babe is coming soon??
Yes, my daughter and cats are all doing this, too. I remember the cats being extra clingy at the end of my pregnancy with Robin, too. In fact, the morning I went into labor, both of the girl cats (sort of mortal enemies) were sleeping on my head!

I had a great prenatal yesterday - everything looks great, measuring right on time (38 cm -- but I won't complain out of respect for nummies!!), baby optimally positioned and engaged in the pelvis. They dropped off the birth tub so everything is ready for the birth. I am getting really excited to meet this baby and about the birth! Everyone seems to think it's going to happen next weekend (which is right on par with when I went into labor with DD -- the weekend before my EDD). I would like it to happen basically any time over the next week so I get to enjoy some of my winter break as maternity leave!

#118 of 118 Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Yeah that on the clingy daughter and dog. It's like everybody in the house wants to be on top of me 24/7!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page