I am TOO ready!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sigh. My last two babies were born at 38 weeks, so I like to be (mostly) ready around 36-37 weeks. I don't like scrambling around trying to tie up loose ends in a hurry and wasn't sure if I would be up to a lot of messing around at this point. But the downside is now I am TOO READY!! My bag is packed and sitting here, my freezer is full, the kids' bags are packed, the baby clothes are washed, the carseat is in. My house is clean. The laundry and dishes are caught up. I even have PJs and outfits laid out for the kids so that their caregivers won't have to dig around through their dressers. The last thing I had to do is throw dd a birthday party on Saturday. Now that the party is over I am totally BORED! I feel like I am literally just sitting here waiting to go into labor. And I don't have any feeling that I will be in labor any time soon, either. No BH contractions, no strong pressure, barely any nausea or tiredness or anything that would make me feel like labor is right around the corner.

Anyone with me?? Anyone feel like they are just sitting around waiting for what could be another 3 (or more) LONG, LONG weeks?! I am so sick of sitting around my house today. I feel like I am just staring at the clock.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#2 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM

I'm ready, but not at the same time. I don't have nearly as much done as I would like, but if I go into labor-I won't totally freak out

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#3 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 PM

I'm not one little bit ready. Maybe once the birth tub is setup I will feel a little more relaxed. But at the moment I'm way too tired to do anything around the house. I probably have another 3 weeks before the baby is here. Time seems to have slowed down to a grinding crawl. I think I'm going to lose my mind.
#4 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 07:50 PM

This is me! I have been prepared for these babies to come for 2 weeks now. I am so ready.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#5 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 PM

I had lunch with some of my girlfriends today and they reminded me that if I go to 42 weeks (unlikely, but whatever) that I've got a whole stinking month left!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#6 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm definitely ready. My due date was yesterday, and my son was born at 37 weeks, so I was really expecting to go before now! I've had everything ready for weeks, and have little to do most days now. My house is clean, my to-do list is done, now it's just the waiting game. I hate waiting
#7 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Me too! Me too!!!

I was totally expecting her to be here now. I've drifted into a state of apathetic boredom, feeling lazy, maintenance cleaning and occasionally refusing to clean something that NEEDS cleaning because if I do, it'll mean there'll be NOTHING to do.

It's awful because there is a lot of creative stuff I could be doing, but it's too late to start a new project now...geez!

May our babies come SOON!!! XxXxX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#8 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 08:51 PM

yeah that.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#9 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Me too.

There's nothing more to do. I've made the impossible puzzle my man bought me over the holidays... I've nothing left to read ans watched to many movies already....

Come baby.
#10 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 PM

Me too!!! And I'm so enjoying it! Because this is my first, I'm really trying to appreciate this time and i'm spending lots of time reading, watching movies, cooking, keeping things immaculately tidy and spending time with my sweet husband. It's so much fun! I know it's hard to be patient, but try to enjoy it because you will likely look back on having said this and wish you'd taken more advantage of it! Go to the library and get some good fiction.

I find that there are always things to do, no matter how caught up I am. See if you can organize a closet, get rid of some clothes, organize your files, all those things that you mean to do but don't and know you definitely won't do once the babe is here!

have fun!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#11 of 17 Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM

totally. 39 weeks, 4 days, and i am now officially more pregnant than i have ever been. everything's ready, i'm ready, but no signs of labor. i had lots of pre-labor stuff with my last two, but this time, it feels like he's not coming out for another month or two. i have not sign one that labor is coming.

i'm seriously cranky about it, too.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#12 of 17 Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 AM

Oh my gosh YES! And to make matters worse our Christmas holidays are over this weekend, so EVERYONE I know is going back to work and I am staying home with my four year old while DH goes to my job and teaches my classes! (he's covering my maternity leave...a fancy trick we tried out last time and loved, being as we are both teachers...that way I can micromanage my classes from behind the scenes )...I am going to be SO bored, and I am pretty sure this baby isn't coming for at least two more weeks, probably closer to three...or four. WAH!

Anyone wanna play a scrabulous tournament on Facebook?

I have even read every single book lent to me on pregnancy, and two novels and a Beckett play and I am sure to finish the God of Small Things at my appointment tomorrow while I wade through the beauracracy of applying for my government maternity leave rights.

The waiting place sucks.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#13 of 17 Old 01-05-2010, 01:58 AM

Wait, did I write this? Yes! My daughter came at 37w1d so I ran around like crazy making sure absolutely everything was ready before that. Now that I am 37w4d I feel like time is in a stand still. I can't stand waiting! Not even the holidays to distract me now! And it could very well be weeks yet. I don't think I will last. Especially with how hormonal I am now too!

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#14 of 17 Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletjane View Post
Me too!!! And I'm so enjoying it! Because this is my first, I'm really trying to appreciate this time and i'm spending lots of time reading, watching movies, cooking, keeping things immaculately tidy and spending time with my sweet husband. It's so much fun! I know it's hard to be patient, but try to enjoy it because you will likely look back on having said this and wish you'd taken more advantage of it! Go to the library and get some good fiction.

I find that there are always things to do, no matter how caught up I am. See if you can organize a closet, get rid of some clothes, organize your files, all those things that you mean to do but don't and know you definitely won't do once the babe is here!

have fun!
Ha ha ha ha! I remember those days...when I spent long hours inside of cool theaters watching endless movie marathons stuffing my face with popcorn...I watched the entire series of Sex and The City on DVD and made endless outfits and had long sleepy naps in the middle of the day....ahhhh to be childless again. How loverly.

If only my four year old would just leave me the heck alone and like, take care of himself already.

You should definitely take advantage, though...you are right...life will never be the same again...but mostly in a good way.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#15 of 17 Old 01-05-2010, 02:49 AM

I'm lucky right now actually, in so far as my two step children, who I do love DEARLY (and to whom I am the mother, since their own mother abandoned them way back in 2007 after spurious visits for two years), aged six and eight, are staying with Grandma.

Harry has been SO worried for a number of months about this pregnancy, and so he's spent a lot of time hiding in the garage "working" on things. Thus I've been the main caretaker. They took off to their auntie's with Grandma, after Christmas, and discipline fell down the drain over there, so guess who had to deal with the fallout. Well, being 39 weeks pregnant, I said "ENOUGH!" and basically told everyone else to bl**dy well pitch in because I wasn't going to do it by myself any more!

So they did. Which is good because honestly, I do NOT have the energy to be the only person refereeing, tidying, cooking, vacuuming and picking up after these two! Little man is six and is doing the whole "regression" thing on top of it all because he isn't going to be the baby any more, and seriously, it was getting crazy here.

Thanks for letting me get that out! XxX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#16 of 17 Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM

I have a little more to do, but I'm getting there. And I'm not due til the 27th, and my first came at 42 weeks.

I'm worried about boredom, too, and about having nothing to distract me but my discomfort.

But at the same time, I'm anxious to finish up the little tasks - installing the infant car seat bases, the baby clothes are sorted and ready but I want to run them through the wash, I have to pack the hospital bag.
#17 of 17 Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
For the love of Bob, all of you overachievers need to come on over here and help me out. I've got way more to do than I can possibly squeeze in over the next 2-3 weeks. Heeeelp!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page