The only reason..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm dragging my overtired, overgrown self out in this snow storm is to hopefully get some good news at the OB's office today. Not really sure if I want to be checked - I think I'd be really bummed if I'm not at all dialated (even though I know it means nothing). A plus is MIL is coming over to watch DS so I don't have to trudge myself and him through a foot of snow in the parking lot- a nice break that is much needed!

Is any one else snowed in? I hope this is the worst of the winter weather in Illinois. I don't want to be couped up until April with a toddler and a newborn - ack!

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
#2 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM

I am in MO and am not planning on leaving the house today. Not a lot of snow by the standards of other places I have lived, but for city that closes all its school if 3 inches of snow is forecasted, I think its safer inside. I told my husband last night during the storm that if i was going to go early, it would have been last night.

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08
#3 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 03:38 PM

That was me yesterday. Minus the snow storm but it was brutally cold (-30*C) ... It's always nice to hear the pitter patter of the babe's heartbeat.

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#4 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 03:42 PM

We have the same due date (1/22) and I was 2 cm dilated as of over a week ago. Good luck!
#5 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM

Where in IL are you? I'm in Northern IN and we've been getting slammed with snow all morning! I'm over it! Good luck at your appt!

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#6 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM

In MN here - I too am heading out of town in an hour to go see the OB - got an NST and a check. I know I am much more effaced now, but not really very dilated at all. I'm going because the NST and hearing her heartbeat put me at ease... Plus we haven't been seen since last Tuesday and if I cancel, it's be Monday next week before we can be seen. I just want to be reassured mostly - end of pregnancy paranoia is getting to me.

Plus her movement has slowed, she's dropped and I think, going on ready to go. Lots of BH's - no mucus plug yet but just a bunch of "different" feelings in the past few days have me thinking it won't be very long now. Course, MIL tried to talk me out of going but I actually don't think it'll be as bad as when we went in the storm just before Christmas. That was heavy, sticky snow and we still made it. This is blowing snow, hardly snowfall at all and as far as I am concerned I've driven the Stratus through worse crap than this multiple times and been perfectly alright!

I shall update upon arriving home...which we will do, and fine.

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#7 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

JayJay - I have end of pregnancy paranoia too

Christina - I'm about a half hour north of Chicago. I heard IN is supposed to get 15 inches! Didn't you guys just get a ton of snow last week or two weeks ago?

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
#8 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 05:08 PM

snowing buckets here, too. i'm in west michigan, in the snow belt, so we're used to it. i went out this morning, but only because it's my due date, and i had to avoid moping around the house about still being pregnant.

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#9 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM

Yep! Snowed in today, well more like frozen in. The windchills outside right now are between - 10 and - 20. I had my 39 week OB appt today but I cancelled and rescheduled for Monday because I do not want to leave my house today. I haven't had any vaginal exams yet so I have no idea where I'm at in that sense. Hoping the baby wants to stay in until a little warmer of a day!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#10 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 PM

I really hope and pray all of you mamas stay warm and are safe traveling. I have no chance of snow here, but I am definitely thinking of all of you.
#11 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Christina - I'm about a half hour north of Chicago. I heard IN is supposed to get 15 inches! Didn't you guys just get a ton of snow last week or two weeks ago?
Yes! Last weekend we got 16 inches! Throughout today we probably got another 3-4 inches and heavy lake effect snow is in the forecast for all day/night tomorrow. They're predicting another 10-20 inches. I can't remember the last time we had this MUCH snow! It's crazy.

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#12 of 14 Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it was great to see the bean on the U/S - she's measuring just about the same as DS did at this point and he was 8 lbs 14 oz so she won't be a little thing! Somewhat effaced but not dialated at all which I pretty much figured. Even when I was induced with DS I didn't dialate until I'd been in labor for like 10 years

Sounds like a lot of us are in the cold! At least we have our extra big bellies to keep us warm :-)

Amy
#13 of 14 Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 AM

Just wanted to update that I shoveled the driveway and the walk without so much as a hiccup, much less actual labor....

If I'd known, I would have just waited for the solar shovel.

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08
#14 of 14 Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
so much for global warming, eh?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page