Where do you have the new baby's car seat and why? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 01-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well the car seat is in his bedroom closet for now until he decides to grace us with his presence. I think we'll have him on the passenger side because DD is on the driver's side. She says she wants his seat to be next to hers, which would be in the middle, but I'm not sure if we'll put it there or not. It will be easier to get in & out if it's on the passenger side but safer if it's in the middle.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#32 of 37 Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am putting the baby seat behind the driver seat of my Quest, to make it easier to get him in and out. That means I need to move the 1yo to the other side, which reminds me that I badly need to WASH her car seat, right now, today, while I am thinking of it and going nowhere! That's right, the very preggo lady is the one who ends up climbing into the van and moving the car seats around.....

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#33 of 37 Old 01-10-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
I am putting the baby seat behind the driver seat of my Quest, to make it easier to get him in and out. That means I need to move the 1yo to the other side, which reminds me that I badly need to WASH her car seat, right now, today, while I am thinking of it and going nowhere! That's right, the very preggo lady is the one who ends up climbing into the van and moving the car seats around.....
Yep, I took all the carseat covers off, washed them, cleaned the straps. Cleaned the car under the carseats (pleasant!) and generally got everything good as new. Won't be doing that again for another year.
#34 of 37 Old 01-10-2010, 01:28 PM

I'm changing my mind on carseat placement in our Montana after test driving it for a few days with how theyr'e currently set up. With the two carseats in the middle row on the sides with the centre seat removed, dd can't really squeeze her way to the way back. So we'll leave it as is until baby arrives and then we'll put back the centre seat in the middle row but remove the seat directly behind the passenger and to allow easy access to the way back. DS's car seat will go in the way back on the passenger side with two spare seats beside him and baby will go in the middle row, centre seat with an empty seat behind drivers seat. This way dd can choose to sit where she wants, either beside baby or ds. And it'll be nice because if one of the LOs are crying (or both baby and toddler) then someone is able to sit beside them.

The only thing I don't like is that ds is so far away in the van and I can't pass things to him, etc.

#35 of 37 Old 01-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Well, my 18 month old is behind the driver side b/c if he can see me while we are driving he just screams at me so get him out of his seat. So, the baby will go behind the passenger seat. It's easier for me to reach back and give a paci or toy this way too. The older girls will be in the back.

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#36 of 37 Old 01-10-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina~ View Post
Well, my 18 month old is behind the driver side b/c if he can see me while we are driving he just screams at me so get him out of his seat. So, the baby will go behind the passenger seat. It's easier for me to reach back and give a paci or toy this way too. The older girls will be in the back.
Oh my gosh, that just reminds me of how much my older one HATED being in the car...I do not look forward to that. My much-loved and much-missed MIL passed away 2 yrs ago after a 10 year fight with cancer, but I must say it will be a relief not to have to drive 3 hours each way with a screaming kid to visit her in one day all the time like we had to when my older son was a little one.
#37 of 37 Old 01-11-2010, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Speaking of detailing the car ... I somehow managed to get my dd to clean out the fridge today. I wonder if I can get her to clean out the Suburban and the carseats? Hmmm. I'm gonna have to work on that one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page