Something's definitely going on... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! Haven't had a chance to post my birth story yet, but your labor sounds exactly how mine started...

Woke up to contractions like really strong BH every 5-6 min, lasting 30 seconds or so, not very intense... they continued from ~5am on, but never intensified or got closer together. In fact, if I changed what I was doing (went from standing to sitting, lying down, even going for a walk), they would space out to every 9-10 min. I think for an hour after I took a walk, they even went away entirely. Anyway, by 9-10pm they were getting stronger, but still only 30-45 sec, and still spaced out when I laid down. I was able to function all day- email, talk on the phone, cook dinner, eat, etc.

Went to sleep for the night shortly after midnight (this was New Years Eve, BTW) and they again spaced out to every 9 min or so, but they were longer and really intense now (~1 min long). I did fall asleep in-between. At 1am, I awoke during a really strong one to my water breaking EVERYWHERE in bed (put that plastic sheet down- I was so glad I did!). After that, contractions were VERY intense, 60-90 sec and every 1-3 min. I hung on until the pool was filled at 1:45, which felt heavenly. She was born at 2:05 am- very quickly!

Hope your day progresses the same! Thinking of you as I remember you from the PAL board- XOXO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Thinking of you Jay! How exciting!

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
#33 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM

praying for a great labor~~and an awesome birth

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#34 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Mama I am so jealous right now. I totally wish I was in your position!! I am so excited for you. I hope everything goes beautifully You'll be in my prayers!!

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#35 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Still hangin' on here - it'll probably be tomorrow before we see any baby! But I'm okay with that. Just chilling out with tea and cookies here, watching a bit of TV

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#36 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 PM

I just wanted to post, I've been where you are mama, and I wish you lots and lots of luck with your birth and baby!!! So glad it's finally here for you!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#37 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, still here, still hanging out. Contractions are letting me have a little break right now - very mild. But oh well! According to my midwife friend, this sounds like a "typical first time mom" type labor to her, so I am prepared to hang out for quite a while longer!

I think it'll happen this weekend. Harry on the other hand says "Just chill! Can't you hang on until at least Monday?" - duh! Silly billy - like we can really control it because it's inconvenient timing. He actually said "you know if you have her before Dr T get's back, you might not get what you want?!"

I mean honestly. He has other children - how can he not know this? Ah - actually - they we elective cesareans, so technically he has no idea...lol. Poor thing!

#38 of 49 Old 01-08-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Still hangin' on here - it'll probably be tomorrow before we see any baby! But I'm okay with that. Just chilling out with tea and cookies here, watching a bit of TV

Soooooo exxxxxxxccccccciiiiiiiiited for you!!!!!!!

Oh, oh, oh, oh!!!!

I'm going to pee my pants, I think (it doesn't take much, though...)!!!

So totally awesome!!! It'll be soon! Really soon! Maybe even tonight!
This is your second, things do tend to go faster for subsequent babies!!!

Oh!!! I'm going to stalk this thread tonight!!!

((Can I make a totally unasked for suggestion? And ignored it completely if you want... I did lunges whenever my contrax slowed... and stairs. I didn't need to - labour was quick anyway - but when I got tired of waiting and waiting, every time I worried that the contrax were going to slow AGAIN, I'd do a modified lunge (you know those? from yoga?).))

Lots of love and good strong birthing vibes coming your way!!!

A

Agnieszka wife to Kevin, Kalina (Jan 7, 2005), Tosia (June 4, 2006) , and baby Emmett (Dec 27, 2009)
#39 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_Agnieszka View Post
((Can I make a totally unasked for suggestion? And ignored it completely if you want... I did lunges whenever my contrax slowed... and stairs. I didn't need to - labour was quick anyway - but when I got tired of waiting and waiting, every time I worried that the contrax were going to slow AGAIN, I'd do a modified lunge (you know those? from yoga?).))

A
Sorry, just have to say that even though I am irritated every time my cx slow, I can't imagine myself doing a lunge right now. I think I would get stuck in that half position and not be able to get back up or fall over and not be able to stand up again. But, Jay, if you can do it - go for it. I keep bouncing on my birth ball and I swear that makes my cx pick up again too. A woman can hope.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#40 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 AM

lol at the lunging comment!! my dp is a retired fencer but i bet she could still do a stellar lunge even with the baby bump.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#41 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
Sorry, just have to say that even though I am irritated every time my cx slow, I can't imagine myself doing a lunge right now. I think I would get stuck in that half position and not be able to get back up or fall over and not be able to stand up again. But, Jay, if you can do it - go for it. I keep bouncing on my birth ball and I swear that makes my cx pick up again too. A woman can hope.
wait wait... I didn't mean a full on lunge!!! just a "walking" lunge... you know the kind I mean? I don't think I could do a full one either, in labor or not!

but the again, I tend to be very active during my labors... this time, I managed to walk from bathroom to bedroom in the middle of transition. My MW was ready to catch the baby in the toilet but I decided to push him out in the birth pool and walked over there, and even got in the pool by myself. The thought of sitting down in a car or lying down during a contraction just totally makes me hurt all over! I gotta mooooove! I spent my first labour shaking my butt and wiggling my thighs through the contractions - it kept them coming on, and it helped move the energy through...

anyway, keeping you in my thoughts tonight Jay!

Agnieszka wife to Kevin, Kalina (Jan 7, 2005), Tosia (June 4, 2006) , and baby Emmett (Dec 27, 2009)
#42 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 11:48 AM

Just woke up and had to come over here to see if there was any news...Still thinking about you Jay and hoping for things to move on.

joy.gif
#43 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Hope things are progressing nicely for you! I can hardly wait to hear the rest of the story.

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
#44 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Lol - everything slowed down overnight, now here I am and the contrax are 7 minutes apart again, so far. I am going to have some breakfast and see what happens!

#45 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM

DDC crashing to let you know that I've been thinking of you and peeking in from time to time. Good luck!

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#46 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Lol - everything slowed down overnight, now here I am and the contrax are 7 minutes apart again, so far. I am going to have some breakfast and see what happens!
Glad they gave you a break overnight so you could get some rest. Hope things continue to pick up today!! It's a great day to be born

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#47 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 02:09 PM

JUst saw this thread. Hope everything is moving along smoothly...sending you labor vibes

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#48 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 07:41 PM

Can't wait to read about her arrival!!!!!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#49 of 49 Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM

Come on out, Isobella!

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page