I'm getting tired of these bearing down sensations. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been feeling like my water was about to break any second for about two weeks now. And now I'm getting a lot of pressure from her bearing down, it seems like. I mean, I feel like a baby could fall out of my vagina any second now--but anything resembling actual labor, nope I don't have any of that.

Also my mw didn't do a pelvic exam at my appointment earlier this week (I'm 38 weeks) and I did the GBS swab myself, so since my next appointment isn't until my EDD, I don't know if I've actually made any progress (even though it doesn't mean much, I know). And I can't seem to find my cervix, so I have no clue.

I went 10 days over with DD, so I should really be used to this, but I'm still bummed that labor seems far away.Just lots of uncomfortable late pregnancy stuff going on.

Feel free to vent if you're feeling this way too.

student momma to two great girls

#2 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Hmm. You want to hear my main complaint? I have NOTHING going on. Nada. No bearing down. No engagement. No BH. No contractions. So when people ask how much longer I think I'll have I just look clueless...like *all* women are supposed to know *the* date that their child arrives by some psychic sense or something.

FWIW, my daughter's labor started on her EDD and she came the next morning. I'm assuming this kid is going to come next Friday/Saturday only based on that knowledge.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 PM

This is my first baby so I have no idea what to expect. Had my first cervical check at 36 weeks + 4 days and I was 2 cm dilated. Neither of my sisters went past 39 weeks + 4 days with any of their kids (8 between them) so I guess I was hoping for sooner rather than later for labor. I have my next appt Tuesday (I'll be 38 weeks + 4 days) but I sure wish this baby would make an appearance before then. I'm working full time right up to labor and I'm really sick of working like this. I also feel a lot of pressure and have the sensation that a baby could fall out anytime. I also have a strong feeling she will be early (due 1/22 according to OB and early ultrasound but based on LMP, 1/12) and I AM READY.
#4 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Every morning I wake up and think "damn, I'm still pregnant! I made it through another night" I just wish that telling my husband I think this is it and making him stay home would be enough to make it true. I don't think I've ever been so done before. I just want to crawl into bed and not get up until something exciting is happening, and I want dh to stay home and bring me food and take care of the kids and everyone else just go away until I have a baby in my arms.

Yeah, I'm not doing too great on my own and I want to act like a baby in the mean-time!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#5 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Mrsfrenchy- I have been having those EXACT same feelings you described. I did get checked at my 36 week appt, and I am 1/2 cm. So frustrating....now, my due date is still a good 3 weeks away, but I did not have not ONE pain or pressure feeling or anything with my son until I went into labor, and this is a quite different experience.
#6 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 PM

This is the feeling I have been complaining about the entire pg!!! Nobody ever said they really had this feeling until now.

I had it first at 18 weeks, which sent me to the ER at my local hospital because I thought the baby was coming out. Turned out to be fine and the sensation stopped about 1-2 weeks later. Then started up again around 35 or 36 weeks. I am almost 38 now.

I expect these feelings to be normal for the end, but they dont seem to be doing a damn thing for progession of my cervix or anything! Whats up with that? I have been CLOSED for a week now. Before that I was a fingertip. How do you go from a fingertip to closed. How do you go backwards? Also I have had NOTHING coming from my vagina. No signs of anything suspicious going on there. Probably even less mucus than usual.

Any ideas?

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#7 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post
I expect these feelings to be normal for the end, but they dont seem to be doing a damn thing for progession of my cervix or anything! Whats up with that? I have been CLOSED for a week now. Before that I was a fingertip. How do you go from a fingertip to closed. How do you go backwards? Also I have had NOTHING coming from my vagina. No signs of anything suspicious going on there. Probably even less mucus than usual.

Any ideas?
Was the check done by the same person both times? Its possible that even if the same person was doing the check that the difference between closed and fingertip is so little that they really just made an educated guess.
#8 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
Every morning I wake up and think "damn, I'm still pregnant! I made it through another night" I just wish that telling my husband I think this is it and making him stay home would be enough to make it true. I don't think I've ever been so done before. I just want to crawl into bed and not get up until something exciting is happening, and I want dh to stay home and bring me food and take care of the kids and everyone else just go away until I have a baby in my arms.

Yeah, I'm not doing too great on my own and I want to act like a baby in the mean-time!

Okay...you pretty much just described EXACTLY how i'm feeling!! I just want to fast forward until i'm in labor. I feel like i'm going to be pregnant forever...lol.

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#9 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfrenchy View Post
I've been feeling like my water was about to break any second for about two weeks now. And now I'm getting a lot of pressure from her bearing down, it seems like. I mean, I feel like a baby could fall out of my vagina any second now--but anything resembling actual labor, nope I don't have any of that.
Due date crashing. (we need an emoticon for that). I just saw your thread in new posts, and I remember that bearing down feeling pretty well with my second. I assumed it was Braxton-Hicks because I never really felt them and thought I never had them. At one point my midwife told me I was having a bunch. But I remember I'd get up and I had this bearing down feeling, like she was getting ready just to punch right out from between my legs, but then after walking around awhile it would go away. I just figured it was part of labor, and every little bit of that would be counted against real labor. I don't know if it was or not, but I did have a shorter easier labor the second time around, so I like to think it did.

In any event, best wishes to you! Hope the discomfort is over soon.
#10 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 PM

The bearing down is getting to me too except in my case its from my huge uterus, i don't think its necessarily baby. The worst part this last week is the rectal pressure though, I feel like I constantly have to use the bathroom or pass gas. It is getting really annoying.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#11 of 17 Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
The bearing down is getting to me too except in my case its from my huge uterus, i don't think its necessarily baby. The worst part this last week is the rectal pressure though, I feel like I constantly have to use the bathroom or pass gas. It is getting really annoying.

this is me exactly. I keep sitting on the toilet and straining hoping it'll make me feel better... but I'm not constipated.

I almost feel the opposite of bearing down. It feels like my pelvic floor muscles are in a constant state of tension, trying to keep this baby in. Sometimes it feels like they've cramped up from the strain (unless I get a BH, then it's DEFINITELY downward pressure).

And I have NO idea what baby was doing today, but he was wiggling around and I couldn't sit. Sitting was just unbearably painful, I had to either stand or go on hands and knees. I'm thinking he was trying to change positions, and sitting made my pelvis smaller so he just pushed harder to try to move? Really really uncomfortable.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#12 of 17 Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
Maybe you have a hemmrhoid starting too.?

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#13 of 17 Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post
Maybe you have a hemmrhoid starting too.?
I've had hemmerhoids for three months - , I don't think that's all of the problem but maybe some of it.

#14 of 17 Old 01-09-2010, 01:13 PM

I'll join! I wasn't expecting to see any indications of labor this early (I'm 37 weeks today) but I had painful menstrual-like cramps start over a week ago and I lost my mucus plug. Then on Thursday afternoon I started contracting intensely every 10 minutes, and by the evening the contrax were down to 3 or 4 mins apart. I thought for sure it must be the real thing with contractions like those. By midnight things slowed considerably, so we all slept and by yesterday morning I was just my normal pregnant self (albeit tired and grumpy). I spent yesterday being frustrated that two days earlier I wasn't feeling ready to birth then I felt forced to get ready and then nothing happened. I've had time and sleep now to feel content to wait and welcome this babe when she or he arrives. No more practice runs though! Too emotionally draining.

J+B = Little G (1/08) and baby S (1/10)
#15 of 17 Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Those are the worst! My bearing down sensations are all in my butt, unfortunately. Hemorrhoid city, population me. Hopefully we are all in real labor soon!
#16 of 17 Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 PM

i'm sure this is a stupid question, but how do you knwo you have hemorrhoids?

I had one small one after DD was born, I could feel it there with my finger. It went away on it's own after a few days. If the midwife hadn't told me it was there, I never would have noticed.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#17 of 17 Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 PM

As for me, it is so obvious. I have large ones, which make even a small BM hard to pass and I can definitely feel them. I think you would know if you had them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page