Anyone else past their EDD? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for some company while we, ahem, patiently await the arrival of our little one.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#2 of 32 Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 PM

My due date is tomorrow and it is a little depressing right now since there is not much going on. I have a feeling I will be joining you shortly.
#3 of 32 Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Almost. My EDD is tomorrow and I have no feelings of going into labor anytime soon.
#4 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 12:12 AM

Hi mamas in waiting! I'm not pregnant but my daughter will turn 3 on January 12th and exactly 3 years ago I was extremely anxious and trying to be patient but driving myself crazy. On Jan 11th my friends had a surprise "Be Born" party for my daughter. We had chocolate milk, cake with a 0 candle, and other yummy treats. That night while I was sleeping, I kept waking up with contractions after having braxton-hicks for weeks. When I got up around 9 in the morning I realized I was finally actually in labor! Now my sweet girl is going to be 3 and the time has gone so quickly! I know you're uncomfortable and excited to meet your little darlings, but try to enjoy this because every single day and stage is precious. When I was able to truly relax, laugh and enjoy myself, my daughter decided to join the party. Good luck to you all and I hope you have a wonderful birth experience!!!

Ruth

Ruth-single mommy to Maya 01/12/07
#5 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 AM

I still have 2 more full weeks to go

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 AM

my edd is today. Lots of achy pains but nothing productive. I did get to visit my sil's brand new baby though - which takes the edge of my baby lust a little bit. My other two only went a couple of days over and I am hoping this one follows suit, because it's really, really uncomfortable!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#7 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 04:33 AM

to you mamas who think nothing is going on - that's how i was the very day my water broke... sure that i'd go way overdue. so don't be surprised if you get a little surprise when you least expect it

Mama to 2 little men (2004 & 2005) and a little lady who just arrived january 8th
Always remembering our little angels up above.
#8 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

A good friend has been emailing me a birth related quote every day since I passed my guess date... I thought I'd share the ones I'd gotten so far:

“Having a baby [is] an opportunity to transform a life, because in
 the moments of labor and birth all the forces of the universe are
 flowing through a woman’s body…’If you have 12 babies you only get 12
of those opportunities. This is big fun.’” –Sister MorningStar

“Women are strong, strong, terribly strong. We don’t know how strong until we’re pushing out our babies.”
 Louise Erdrich, The Blue Jay’s Dance

“You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your
 connectedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective
 power of women worldwide will be with you.” –Your Birth Right

Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour. ~Ovid

women will be giving birth with you today. Relax and breathe and do 
nothing else. Labor is hard work, and you can do it.
~Unknown

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you. 
~Unknown

#9 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
A good friend has been emailing me a birth related quote every day since I past my guess date... I thought I'd share the ones I'd gotten so far:

“Women are strong, strong, terribly strong. We don’t know how strong until we’re pushing out our babies.”

“You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your

~Unknown

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you. 
~Unknown
Thanks for posting these mama. I am 2 days from my EDD and hanging on by a thread.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#10 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 11:59 AM

I am due TOMORROW - never thought I'd make it this far - so I am in the club as of tomorrow. Only God knows how long this is going to go on. I feel like Bella is HUGE in there!

We shall see. Got a doc's appointment tomorrow at 4.10pm central, so the verdict will be then.

No more regular contractions after my full-on Friday of contractions! I got rather upset on Friday night - something serious happened - so that would appear to have stalled everything completely. So here I am, having a contrax every now and again but nothing to "write home" about...

*HUGE hugs*

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
#11 of 32 Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Due in 3 days...and I'm pretty sure I'll join you all soon. I don't feel like ANYTHING is going on.....

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#12 of 32 Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

“The beauty of my body is not measured by the size of the clothes 
it can fit into, but by the stories that it tells. I have a belly and 
hips that say, ‘We grew a child in here,’ and breasts that say, ‘We
 nourished life.’ My hands, with bitten nails and a writer’s callus, 
say, ‘We create amazing things.’” 
~Sarah (I Am Beautiful)

“You will find it incredible that labor gets stronger and stronger–and you do, too.” 

~ The Doula Guide to Birth

#13 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 PM

Officially due today and still no baby althought I was a bit more crampy this morning but that seems to have stopped Anyway hopping that she'll decide to arrive soon....come on baby mama's waiting for you!!

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#14 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 02:58 PM

i am here too. i was due yesterday, but because of a complication in my last pregnancy, i was expecting to be induced before christmas- so i have been in this very odd place for a month now! fortunately, the problem did not repeat this time so alas i wait for natural labor...

two girls for us! 04.23.07 & 01.17.10...
#15 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 03:00 PM

Well, I'm still here. I'm about 4 days over, I guess. My first was my early baby (I'm such a rule breaker!) and then my others were a bit late. We never nailed down solid due dates for them, but #2 was somewhere between 6-11 days late, and #3 was 2-6 days late. I am feeling mostly patient, trusting it will all work out as supposed to. I don't intend to try any induction methods without a seriously good reason (like baby is in distress and has to come out).

Each day that I don't have a baby, I am thankful that I don't have to bring the poor thing out in the cold to the grocery store, thankful that I can clean an additional something or other!

Also.... wondering if I have any "issues" that could be holding me back from labor. I can think of a couple, so it's possible.

I've been having tiny contractions here and there for the past 10 days or so, not every night but most nights. They have gotten closer together and slightly more intense in the past two nights, but still nowhere near the real thing. I figure it could be at least three more days and won't be surprised if it's another week. It's nothing like the weeks of intense false labor I had last time, so who knows.

Rita, 36
married forever and homeschooling the kids: '96, '98, '05, and mystery person due 1/9/10
#16 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resident dancer View Post
Well, I'm still here. I'm about 4 days over, I guess. My first was my early baby (I'm such a rule breaker!) and then my others were a bit late. We never nailed down solid due dates for them, but #2 was somewhere between 6-11 days late, and #3 was 2-6 days late. I am feeling mostly patient, trusting it will all work out as supposed to. I don't intend to try any induction methods without a seriously good reason (like baby is in distress and has to come out).

Each day that I don't have a baby, I am thankful that I don't have to bring the poor thing out in the cold to the grocery store, thankful that I can clean an additional something or other!

Also.... wondering if I have any "issues" that could be holding me back from labor. I can think of a couple, so it's possible.

I've been having tiny contractions here and there for the past 10 days or so, not every night but most nights. They have gotten closer together and slightly more intense in the past two nights, but still nowhere near the real thing. I figure it could be at least three more days and won't be surprised if it's another week. It's nothing like the weeks of intense false labor I had last time, so who knows.
Sounds like we are in about the same place. I am 3 days over and not really wanting to try induction methods, trying to trust that this will all work out. I've been having the contractions mostly at night, but like you said they are still nowhere near the real thing. It is just so frustrating because it makes me think for a minute that something might be going on.

Had a NST yesterday which was reassuring that baby is healthy and strong and just hanging out.

As far as things holding back labor...can I blame my 3 year old for that?! She is really driving me nuts right now. I am working really hard on finding my "zen."
#17 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

I will be in 4.5 hours. Lucky me!
#18 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM

Now three days "over." Was doing great until last night when I've started to come unglued a bit. The MW practice (plus one OB) is pushing induction and scheduling a c-section and I'm fighting back but annoyed nonetheless. Had a BPP yesterday which was perfect and NST tomorrow.

Hang in there mamas. We'll get there sooner or later...
#19 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM

not there yet, but in 4 days we will be. dp has no signs of impending labour besides the very, very occasional bh. as of 622pm tonight she will officially be more pregnant than i was.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#20 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
As far as things holding back labor...can I blame my 3 year old for that?! She is really driving me nuts right now. I am working really hard on finding my "zen."
Yeah, actually, you can! That is one of my issues right now. My patience and tolerance is thin, and I actually don't want one more person around right now, even if that person is a perfectly sweet newborn person whom I will love like crazy! I can't "get there" yet.

The reason I was so late with my #2 was because I hadn't let go of feeling like my #1 needed me so much (she wasn't even 2 yet), and I spent so much of my energy attachment parenting her, that I hadn't given a thought to the baby in my belly for the whole pregnancy. I honestly realized the problem, dealt with the problem, and began labor with a humongous contraction all in the same morning between 5am and 8am. I had no choice because my home birth midwife was a) sending me for a NST that morning which I wanted to avoid and b) flying to Mexico that night! It was magnificent and made me realize just how much our emotional state might have to do with our physical readiness. The labor lasted less than three hours, once I dealt with my little problem.

Rita, 36
married forever and homeschooling the kids: '96, '98, '05, and mystery person due 1/9/10
#21 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
A good friend has been emailing me a birth related quote every day since I passed my guess date... I thought I'd share the ones I'd gotten so far:

~Unknown

~Unknown
Thank you for posting these. They are beautiful and exactly what I needed to read today! (((hugs)))
#22 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 PM

According to the ultrasound EDD, I was due Jan 7, so YES.

According to the wheel, I'm due Jan 15, so NO.

DS 1 was six days past US EDD. DS 2 was 11 days past US EDD.

I'm very ready, but also believe in my body's ability to DO this when it's time. No plans for any induction methods at this point. I've been telling people I'm due Jan 21 for the entire pregnancy, so most of the annoying "overdue" questions haven't even started yet. hee hee.

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#23 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhammond View Post
According to the ultrasound EDD, I was due Jan 7, so YES.

According to the wheel, I'm due Jan 15, so NO.

DS 1 was six days past US EDD. DS 2 was 11 days past US EDD.

I'm very ready, but also believe in my body's ability to DO this when it's time. No plans for any induction methods at this point. I've been telling people I'm due Jan 21 for the entire pregnancy, so most of the annoying "overdue" questions haven't even started yet. hee hee.
That's what I've been doing, "End of January" to anyone who asks.
#24 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 PM

Ultrasound EDD of January 11/12... charting date of today. I'm really surprised I'm still pregnant. My daughter was born first thing in the morning on her duedate, so I am officially more pregnant that I've ever been before! I have had a cold for over two weeks now that I'm struggling to shake so I think that's a big reason why the baby is still staying in.

Desana 12/22/07, Freya 01/21/10
#25 of 32 Old 01-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Yeah! Me! Though I'm really starting to speculate now. I thought my EDDs were between Dec. 26 and 31, but I was nursing DD at the time and she wasn't STN yet, so my observed temperature shift on my fertility chart is likely way off. So that leaves the 20 week ultrasound due date of Jan. 7. So still overdue (six days), but not nearly as much as I originally thought. Right now my midwife and I are just going with the flow. I did have her strip my membranes this weekend though to see if it would do anything (and it pretty much didn't). Baby will come when it's ready.
#26 of 32 Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM

Love the quotes Faliciagayle!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#27 of 32 Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 PM

40 weeks, five days:

Still waiting here. got a perfect score on my BPP earlier this week and my NST looked great today. I was able to brush off induction this weekend rather easily, which made me feel instantly better. Not a fan of having things dangled in front of me. I agreed to NST this Sunday and BPP again on Tuesday and will take it from there. I'm thinking baby will be here sometime over the weekend, but what do I know, I'm hardly the one in charge...
#28 of 32 Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

I had my first BPP today. The tech said everything looked good. I know weight estimates are estimates but they said 8 lb 2 oz! I saw his face! I haven't had a u/s since 19 weeks so it was pretty emotional to see his face.

I am antsy and ready for baby to come. So far I've avoided asking my MW to sweep my membranes, but if I don't go into labor before Monday (my next MW apt and BPP apt) I'll probably ask her to do it then.

DD was born at 41 + 6... which would be Monday Jan 18 for this one

#29 of 32 Old 01-14-2010, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

"The path from my womb to my arms is safe, short, and wide open" ~ Unknown

“You do not have to be a particularly strong or brave or relaxed woman to get through labor. You just need to be a woman.”

~The Big Book of Birth

#30 of 32 Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 PM

Love this thread, it's definitely the one for me. I am 40 weeks, 6 days today. I really appreciate your quotes faliciagayle. I have a nst tomorrow. I just can't believe I've gone this long. My other two were just two and three days past their due date and this baby is so much bigger than them! I just want to hold her and see her. i am so sick of being watched and asked how I am. My hips are killing and I can't sleep. Lots of good wishes to all the mamas here.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page