I really can't do this much longer (a vent) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 01-11-2010, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfrenchy View Post
How are you planning on handling on-campus classes with the new LO? What are you doing about childcare (or establishing BFing)? And absences around the time that you give birth?
I'm actually really bummed that all my classes are online (though I generally find online classes ridiculously easy-and i've taken quite a few since DD was born) because I really enjoy the in-class interaction and (in most classes anyway) actually being taught instead of having to read the textbook. But because of the above concerns about childcare, I just couldn't see doing online classes this semester.
As for absences, since I know I am being induced this Weds, my professors have been informed and are all really nice about it. DH will watch DD while I am in class until he ships out for basic training (in Feb) and then childcare shifts to my MIL. I am gone (at the most) for three hours at a time. Establishing bf has been a concern and I am praying, hoping, that I can get a bottle pumped before I have to be back in class and another one ready before the next class, etc. If not, DH will bring her up to school and I will slip out of class to feed her. Not ideal but we have no other way. If things go terribly wrong, I will beg and plead with my instructors to get permission to bring her to class with me. I am really hoping it all works out for the best. I have no other option at this point. Like someone else mentioned (it might even have been you!) - financial aid is our only source of income at this point. I can't work because there is no infant childcare available in the whole town and I don't want to be away from her that long anyway.

I don't enjoy online classes either but I might regret not taking another one online if I run into problems.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page