Belly cast?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am thinking about doing one this week (if I have the extra $ for supplies) and thought it would be cool to have hang on the wall in the nursery. I am going to paint it white and place our family's handprints in yellow (the nursery colors) on it. I will be 38 weeks on Tuesday & thought it would be the perfect time to do it.
Anyone else doing one?

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#2 of 3 Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Be sure to post pics! I love belly casts, but have never done one.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#3 of 3 Old 01-11-2010, 11:21 AM

I did belly casts with my first 2 kids (I'm at week 38 w/my 3rd). I really like that I did them, but I haven't done anything with them yet! My ds is 3 1/2 & dd is almost 2. I think I'm going to have them decorate them now that they're old enough, kinda giving it their personality. I did ds's on my due date (he was 5 days late) and dd's a week or so early (and she ended up being a day early). This one I was planning on doing last week but plans fell through so I'm not sure when I'll get it done! I'd recommend doing it; it's so easy. I got the little "rolls" of plaster-type stuff from Michael's (it took 2 rolls to do my whole belly/chest) & did it the cheap way instead of buying a kit. And I agree, post pics if/when you do it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page