January 2010 Chat Thread--Part two - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 148 Old 01-21-2010, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I need to pray a bit before the baby comes. I really need to center myself. I need to trust in myself, the baby and God. Sending happy thoughts for all of us.
#122 of 148 Old 01-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe View Post
Yes, I think so, too! Sunday would be nice, also. Are you listening in there, baby???
I'm really feeling Saturday night/early Sunday as well.

It's a bad night because DH works an early shift and will be totally wiped come evening but for some reason Saturday is sitting really well for me.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#123 of 148 Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiestever View Post
I think I need to pray a bit before the baby comes. I really need to center myself. I need to trust in myself, the baby and God. Sending happy thoughts for all of us.
Yep, I did that yesterday, and am going to keep on. I had planned on that being my strategy with this birth - to *ask fervently* that I have a good birth rather than think 'i hope so, we'll see what happens', which was my attitude last time [and kind of is this time, too, when I forget my intention].

I'm only 39 +1, so next week I think I'll start listening to the Hypnobabies tracks that they say 'don't listen to, it could send you into labor!' I want this baby out my vag, not a cut in my tummy!! They will not induce me b/c I'm a VBAC.
#124 of 148 Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Totally random post:

People keep telling me I'm irritable. I really don't see any difference in myself. Maybe they wouldn't think I'm irritable if they didn't ask me stupid questions like, "When's that baby coming?"

I've begun retorting, "Do you want me to hurt you? Is that why you're asking?"

I'm not irritable. I'm getting harassed by stupid questions. How much patience with stupidity am I supposed to have?

[the end]

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#125 of 148 Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 PM

^^^ That's me! I didn't moan one iota...until 40 weeks hit. Now I just want to shoot anybody that asks ANYthing about the newbie.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#126 of 148 Old 01-21-2010, 10:53 PM

That was me up until 40 weeks. Now I am back to being somewhat happy again. Go figure!
#127 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 12:06 AM

Hehe, I really wanted this baby to go overdue until I hit 38 weeks.

Now at 39 weeks I'm moaning to people about how it feels like he'll NEVER come out! Amazing what can go on in one week, eh?

I'm also irritable, but people seem really amused by it more than anything. They just laugh and say, "I guess you're done, huh?" Yes. Yes I am.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#128 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 12:59 AM

I have started really avoided talking to others (of course besides DH & DD since they live in this house ). The only thing people ask or talk about is my body and my pregnancy. I find it to be very emotionally & mentally draining.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#129 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 03:59 AM

Okay, so I am now ready for this baby to get here. My house is sorta clean & I have had my maternity pictures taken and my midwife's other client gave birth. BABY...it's time soon

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#130 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
I have started really avoided talking to others (of course besides DH & DD since they live in this house ). The only thing people ask or talk about is my body and my pregnancy. I find it to be very emotionally & mentally draining.
i could have written this. i actually worked from home yesterday simply because i didn't have the strength to take all the clucking hens hovering over me constantly.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#131 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
i could have written this. i actually worked from home yesterday simply because i didn't have the strength to take all the clucking hens hovering over me constantly.
all my clucking hens are on my facebook page. kind of hard to avoid, yk?
#132 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 AM

I'm in labour!! Had bloody show at around 11 tonight and contractions started about two hours later and are coming about every 5-6 minutes apart lasting about 45 seconds. So proud of my body for doing this on my own.. Iv'e been induced both other times I was pregnant so this feels amazing!
I'm just timing online for a little bit longer before calling the midwife to come over! Wahoo!!!!

#133 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 AM

Awesome, Mamakins!!! for a speedy safe birth.

I was having a few contractions here and there yesterday evening, but nothing overnight or today. Ho hum. I am 40.5 weeks now, and went to 41w3d with my first, so I know I shouldn't get my hopes up yet... But I am READY for this baby to be here!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#134 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 11:40 AM

Go, Kim!!

Angela
#135 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 11:47 AM

yeah kim!!

we are still not.so.patiently waiting. our ob appt is this afternoon.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#136 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Whoo-hoo, yay kim! I hope everything is going (has gone?) fabulously!

#137 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 01:25 PM

I'm such an emotional wreck right now. I'm so done and frustrated so I apologize for this rant!

So up until 615am I was having contractions that were 4-7 minutes apart and lasting 45-60 seconds long. I was waiting until 630 to call my MIL to watch my ds and was about to call my m/w when I fell asleep and was only woken up twice with contractions within an hour. Now in the hour I've been up I've only had two. My bloody show last night at 11ish was brown then turned pink but has been bright red for the past 4 hours or so and when I do have contractions they are super sharp. My contractions with ds were sharp but not as intense int he beginning and I only had show once throughout that labour and none with my dds. Having bright red show for 4 hours is fine, right? Ugh... I am so down about this, I was convinced that I was in labour as it wasn't like the other nights of false labour and it was comparable to my labour with ds but stronger.

#138 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Kim...get some good food in your tummy, take a long bath, then have a glass of wine, go to bed to take a nap...(depending on your lo's)

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#139 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakims View Post
Ugh... I am so down about this, I was convinced that I was in labour as it wasn't like the other nights of false labour and it was comparable to my labour with ds but stronger.

THAT SUCKS!!! First -- I hope you called your midwife, just to check in with her. And second, I hope you are getting some rest. I'm really sorry, I would be so upset if the same thing happened to me after all the stupid false labor. I hope this is just a temporary break and things are back on track.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#140 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 PM

So totally unfair. I'm sorry, Kim.

Angela
#141 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ugh. I was so excited for you, Kim, until I read your update. Now, I'm just frustrated for you. I'm soooo sorry. I know you're feeling let down.
#142 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 07:49 PM

I'm still bummed because if labour kept progressing I would most likely be holding my baby in my arms right now!!
BUT... I am in labour, for the last hour they're 9-11 minutes apart but they're super strong contractions. And the amount of bloody show is startling.... I've been the paranoid mama twice now asking my m/w about it but she says because my cervix was so long and my contractions are so strong she's not surprised.
So while I'm frustrated that baby's not here right now, I'm happy I'm still getting contractions and I know he or she will be here very soon and it's still my body doing all the work and not any meds!

#143 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 10:08 PM

All day today I've been feeling like TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT.

What am I basing this on? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No bloody show, no increased discharge, no contractions (BH or otherwise), the baby still isn't engaged. And then I tell myself, "that's ok, you can go from no signs to a baby the next day- it happens!" and then I tell myself, "shut up, self, there's no way the baby is coming today, stop getting my hopes up!"

This is so confusing.

So sorry Kim about the disappointment before... I'm glad things are still moving along though, hopefully it's kicked into high gear by now!

#144 of 148 Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 PM

I think two days ago I had hardly any BH, now I am having full blown contractions. Please please let this end shortly with a healthy baby!
#145 of 148 Old 01-23-2010, 09:58 AM

Last night was definitely not baby night. Slept like a rock (and so did DD- minus the 2 wake ups- yay!)

I'm just going to stop thinking about it. Completely. But I think I'll probably spend my due date crying and eating icecream. Damn due dates! I KNOW it means nothing. I know it does. I'm still going to be pissed though when it goes by with no baby.

#146 of 148 Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
All day today I've been feeling like TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT.

What am I basing this on? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No bloody show, no increased discharge, no contractions (BH or otherwise), the baby still isn't engaged. And then I tell myself, "that's ok, you can go from no signs to a baby the next day- it happens!" and then I tell myself, "shut up, self, there's no way the baby is coming today, stop getting my hopes up!"
With DD, I had a strong feeling of imminent birth that ended up being right. I just KNEW I was going to have a baby that weekend. This time, I've had that feeling six or seven times. So now I don't trust myself at all. I'm so demoralized that I really think I may never give birth!! Which is silly but geez. It's so weird. I hated all the false labor, but now I'm in this weird limbo where I have had some promising signs (YET MORE mucus plug loss and a lot more discharge this morning) with no contractions. I can really see how women might think their bodies are broken... it feels like my body can't coordinate all of this! And I really, really, really want to be done with pregnancy, I'm getting so uncomfortably huge and my hips feel permanently split. Come ON baby! LET'S DO IT ALREADY!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#147 of 148 Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 PM

at last, something different to report! dp has increased discharge and bloody show this morning! i know that doesn't necessarily mean labour is imminent but we'll take it. she also felt what she described as a small gush. i had the SAME thing with our son and it turned out my water was leaking. we'll monitor and see what else might happen.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#148 of 148 Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 PM

I started a fresh chat thread here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page