January 2010 Chat Thread--Part two - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our old thread was getting a little long, so I thought I would start a new one!

How is everyone doing??

I'm still hanging in there (barely). My EDD is tomorrow. I literally cannot believe that I am still pregnant.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#2 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Neither can I, Mandie! It feels wrong to say I'm sorry, but.... sorry.

I'm trying hard to get this baby to turn anterior. Okay... not really trying all that hard. But I'm thinking about it a lot, so I'm expending mental energy! That counts for something.

DH got up for the first time EVER with DD last night. I mean- he's gotten up before but gives up after 30 seconds. I told him it was HIS turn to do it, I didn't care how long it took or how angry they both got, he needed to find something that worked. He managed to get her back to sleep after about 45 minutes, but remarkably she didn't cry once. She just goofed off and chatted at him.

Finally have an appointment to see my dr. He was on very reduced hours over Christmas and New Years and I couldn't manage to get an appointment, but I go tomorrow. It will have been 5 weeks since my last appointment. Oy.

Ummm... doing good otherwise. Hanging in there. Still analyzing every last twinge. We're doing a trial run for our birth pool today (yay!), so that should be... interesting.

And i had my first-ever baby dream! I dreamed that we were at a friends house and for some reason DH had the baby (in a milk crate?) but I was still doing all the work- I was feeling everything, vocalizing, and doing the actual pushing but HE got to catch the baby and get all the cuddling time and pampering after. It was hard to know he wasn't going to let me hold the baby right away, and itm ade me think- I wonder if that's what he feels like? I so don't want to hand over the baby after he's born, but maybe he feels that same "outside looking in" feeling, and I need to try harder to make him feel included? No clue.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#3 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

That is a very interesting dream! I had a dream last night too, but it wasn't about the babies. All I remember is looking down and seeing a flat belly. I touched it and it was soft instead of firm like it is now. It was the weirdest feeling to wake up with this giant belly again.

Hope your appointment goes well and good luck with the trial run!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#4 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM

mandie, i can't believe you are still pregnant either! those boys must want to stay where it's nice and warm. fx that you go into labour soon!

afu, no news at all! in 2 more days dp will be more pregnant than i was. there are no signs that our wee man will be making an appearance any time soon.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#5 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Our old thread was getting a little long, so I thought I would start a new one!

How is everyone doing??

I'm still hanging in there (barely). My EDD is tomorrow. I literally cannot believe that I am still pregnant.
I can't believe it either! You have got to be uncomfortable.

I am now officially overdue. 40 weeks 1 day and counting. Boo! I cannot believe my second child is staying in longer than the first. I don't know why it never occured to me that I might go overdue with this one...but it didn't.
#6 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 01:23 PM

Let's see...

This kid is still in there diagonally. Darn kid! So much for optimal fetal positioning...which makes me wonder if birth is going to be that much longer/harder this time.

I bent on the name to my husband months ago so I could "win" some other parenting things...this weekend he brought up some new names that I *adore*! So we're talking them over in a more constructive way. This new revelation makes me soooo happy!!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#7 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 01:43 PM

Oh Mandie, your boys love you so much already they don't want to leave yet.

There's nothing going on here either. I am due this weekend, but I must say I have another countdown I am looking forward to instead. With birth being what it is, a giant question mark, I am instead focusing on when my mom arrives.
She gets here on the 25th, which I have said from the beginning that would be the day the babe arrives. As much as I would wish it otherwise,as most of us are doing. It is nice to have a set date to look forward to.
It will be so wonderful to have her here either way.

I am still short on patience here, but other than that am doing wonderfully. No aches or pains whatsoever. I think this being the third, I just am getting better at avoiding the triggers. Which translates to - doing lots of nothing. My house definitely shows it, but I figure it will give me something to do in labor.
#8 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
I bent on the name to my husband months ago so I could "win" some other parenting things...this weekend he brought up some new names that I *adore*! So we're talking them over in a more constructive way. This new revelation makes me soooo happy!!
that's awesome!
I don't think I like our name any more we've been pretty much decided for a couple of months now, but now that the birth is imminent I'm thinking it's not right and would really love to have a back up name. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I dno't have the energy to start the name hunt AGAIN so we'll probably stick with what we have.

I like all the names independently, and I like how they sound together, it's just... I don't know. Something feels "off" about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiestever View Post
She gets here on the 25th, which I have said from the beginning that would be the day the babe arrives.
I've been saying for the last few weeks that this baby will be born on the 25th. It's 2 days after the due date based on conception, and 2 days early based off our ultrasound due date.

I hadn't thought at all about how far along I'd be, then I was reading someones birth story and it said their baby was born at 39 weeks 5 days and I thought, "hey! Our baby, too! That's neat!" and then I remembered he hadn't been born yet But Jan. 25th would put me at 39 weeks 5 days.

We'll see if either of us are right

And- DH is asking about my to-do list and what's on it that he can accomplish. Unfortunately... not a lot. Boo. The birth pool trial run is on hold as we wait for our air pump battery to charge. We have a little hand-pump to do the final bit with so we don't over inflate, but there's no way we can fill the whole pool with it.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#9 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the commiseration ladies!

Angela- That is great that you are talking about names!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#10 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
Let's see...

This kid is still in there diagonally. Darn kid! So much for optimal fetal positioning...which makes me wonder if birth is going to be that much longer/harder this time.

I dont know how you know so quickly exactly how your baby is lying? I know by ultrasound that my babies head-as of yesterday is slightly off to the right. I am officially in "positioning paranoia" land. Always wondering, always concerned.

Where is your baby exactly lying?

Also, last night was a real eye opener for me. I had loose stools times 2 yesterday. I felt nauseous in the evening and even thought I might throw up, I went to have a BM instead. Then I was having just a couple BH's, but they felt kinda strong.

The last one I had was at 9:45pm and I was laying on my left side in bed. It made me stop and breathe through it a little. My husband was talking to me about something stupid and I just kept saying his name, but he didn't get it!
It had that familiar sting to it. I just remember it so well, because my last child is only 16 mo old.

After, I jumped out of bed, and said-uh-oh. And thought, I am not ready! All those damn clothes in the baby bed. I changed pajamas. Folded all the clothes, made the baby bed and now it looks wonderful. I started getting shakey and excited. Well, nothing since. That was real exciting while it lasted. Something was definately different yesterday though. I dont feel a thing this am.

Thanks for listening.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#11 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post
I dont know how you know so quickly exactly how your baby is lying? I know by ultrasound that my babies head-as of yesterday is slightly off to the right. I am officially in "positioning paranoia" land. Always wondering, always concerned.

Where is your baby exactly lying?
I don't know if it's because I haven't gained that much weight or that I'm measuring small or what, but I find that it's getting easier and easier to tell position of this one (with my daughter I was so freaking clueless...other than knowing her whole body curved on my left side at the end). At last feel, head was down (not engaged), shoulders are basically in my left hip, hips are just above my belly button, legs/feet are in the upper right quadrant. It also helps that this kid just does not move and when he does it's simply a stretch and then back to the same position. At least he's run out of room to flip breech again - now that would tick me off!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#12 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Mandie - I agree that your babies are just so comfy they don't want to come out. And yay for rethinking names in a healthy fashion.

Me, well I've been in labor for a week now. Went to the hospital last Tuesday and was told I'm in early labor, have been contracting ever since. And strong contractions too. I am so frustrated and tired. I can't wait till tomorrow, I have a dr appt, I swear he is going to tell me I am 7cm dilated or something but probably not. My uterus is doing alot of work but not sending me into active labor. I think baby might be posterior or at least sideways, we'll check on positioning before the induction weds morning.

At least I can say my baby will be born in 2 days despite the fears that are accompanying the whole induction process. I can't wait to be done, I am so miserable. I have gained 10 pounds in water weight in the last two weeks and my belly is huge and I'm just tired from constantly contracting.

School started this morning and that was fun, I am lucky to have understanding professors.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#13 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
I'm trying hard to get this baby to turn anterior. Okay... not really trying all that hard. But I'm thinking about it a lot, so I'm expending mental energy! That counts for something.
LOL. MOVE BABY!

I'm wondering about this because I'm pretty sure my baby is posterior. SHe was head-down and posterior at the positioning ultrasound, but that was 4 weeks ago. Still, I feel tiny fluttery movements just above my pelvis these days which I figure are her hands, and her head is usually off-center towards my right hip, so I don't think she's moved much since that u/s. I feel her feet in the upper left quadrant, but no backbone or bum lumps anywhere. Also just this morning I've been having back pains which make me think maybe her back is pressed against mine. She's my first though, so I feel a little clueless! I've been trying inversions every day, but I don't think that's doing anything. WHat else can I do?

I still have some time to go, I'm just about to enter my 38th week and I'm actually hoping that she goes a few days past her due date so I could be here a while. She absolutely HAS to stay put until after the 16th because I have an interview for the Masters program to which I've just finished applying. Then on the 19th we FINALLY have a tour of the birthing ward at UCLA and on the 24th my mother arrives, so it'll be ideal if she stays put until after all of that!

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#14 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Hang in there everyone! I was up all night, half the time crying for no reason that I could figure. Love the hormones right now. I have a midwife appointment tonight and I am having my first internal exam. I hope something is going on, but I doubt it. I want chocolate and cheetos! It's not fair to be hormonal and not be able to eat chocolate. I am over this gd diet! I am going to run to the store and get some sugar free pudding I think, that is if I can manage enough energy to haul my girl to the store! I am so whinny now! 38w4d

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#15 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 04:27 PM

hello all!

i think i'm going to get some poster boards and make up a sign for each of the dumb questions i get asked at least 100 times a day.

no, no baby yet

no, actually it isn't any day now, i'm not due for another 2 weeks

i have no idea if i've dropped

i'm feeling fine

no, i'm not "done with it all" yet, i actually love being pregnant and i love feeling him wiggle around inside me.

i will not be screaming the word "epidural" the moment i get to the hospital. snicker at me all you like, but not everyone demands drugs.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#16 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Ohhh, a chat thread I can keep up with!!!

Mandie, I love that you're still pregnant! I mean, I am sure you're not loving it, but I love that it's *possible* to carry twins to 40 weeks - not a lot of people would think so these days. Hoping you see some action soon!

We are hemming and hawing about our name choice, too. Astraia, you're not alone.

But the good news is that we are all systems go for a home birth! My platelet count was 80 two weeks ago, which is in the safe zone we agreed with my hematologist. The news was such a relief. I love my homeopath, who I really think saved me from an undesired hospital birth and taking steroids to boost the platelet numbers.

I am 39 weeks this week, my sister comes on Wednesday, and this baby is welcome to come any time after that. Hint hint.

Good luck with your induction this week, remijo.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#17 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 04:30 PM

I am also having name indecision, at least with our boy name. We have a name picked out but it feels kind of MEH to me. I felt the same way with the boy name we picked out for DD.... I hope this means it's a girl so we don't have to worry about it.

Feeling tired and grumpy and discouraged today. I'd really, really, really like the baby to come in the next 7 days or so, before the school semester starts again, so I don't have to worry about teaching or anything. But I know I can't control it . I tried to reach my cervix and it's way up there still. Which is dumb, because it doesn't matter. I KNEW I should have kept my hands out of there.

I'm torn between wanting to make lots of plans so that time flies during the next week, and not wanting to plan ANYTHING because I want to give birth already!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#18 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM

BTW - i'm so glad it's not just us who haven't nailed down a name yet!

we've got two or three of them that we keep trying on for size, but none of them feel right to me. i know hubby's got his favorite, but it's not my favorite. it's not horrible, just not one i am very attached to.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#19 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

crunchymama- That is amazing, awesome news! I am so happy that you get the homebirth you are wanting!

Good luck to all you mamas still deciding on names!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#20 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM

Good thoughts to all of you trying to convince baby to settle down in a better position! Angela, I can tell where every inch of this LO is, too. MyMary, have you done some visiting on spinningbabies.com? There is a lot of information about belly mapping...it can really help to feel the baby out!

I'm shocked you're still pregnant, too, Mandie. I actually had a dream you were in labor a few nights ago! I was telling my Mom, a former NICU nurse, about you and JenChaffee and she was so impressed that twins *could* gestate that long...and in awe that you still have both of them in there! For your sake I really hope they decide to join the party out here soon!

CrunchyMamatoBe, I'm so glad you get your homebirth! Yes!

Like every other night, I thought last night might be it. I had strong, frequent contractions all day yesterday and woke around 12:45 with a particularly low, sharp one. In my haze I remember thinking and remembering, "THAT'S a contraction." Had a few more so woke up and ate some oatmeal. Laid back down, fell asleep, woke up to more of the same prodromal stuff. It's been going on all morning, too...it has to be close. I better be rewarded with a fast labor for all this misery!

I'm actually due on Wednesday. DD was born by now, so I'm as pregnant as I've ever been. I'm starting to get scared this is going to drag on for two more weeks. Also starting to feel guilty again for DD's sake, bringing another baby in when she still considers herself such a baby. I bought her a dollhouse for Christmas with a family of four - a mama, a dada, a small little girl and an infant. She plays with it and declared the tiny infant doll her. She makes the infant and mama bathe together, etc. I really hope this transition will be as smooth as possible for her...I just love that little girl.

So, for all my discomfort and guilt I made a giant bowl of chocolate pudding and am going to eat all 4.5 servings myself.
#21 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaheroine View Post
So, for all my discomfort and guilt I made a giant bowl of chocolate pudding and am going to eat all 4.5 servings myself.
LOL love it. But by my standards you're being pretty good, just going for pudding. I've been super indulgent recently and baked a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that I've been dipping into here and there. I ate really well all pregnancy so I figure these last few weeks are my time to give into the cravings a little bit.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#22 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#23 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 06:59 PM

We're hanging on here too. Looking forward to birthing, not super happy about the pregnancy ending though. Yeah, I have great pregnancies & no morning sickness (but I have LONG labors). It all evens out

This is my last week of working & I pray that I don't go into labor at all this week. I want to have at least one day (well, 2 hours) to take a nap without kids at home. That & I want to clean my house, finish the nursery that will go unused, put my teaching crap away & the list goes on and on...

Anyways, I am now thinking we are having chocolate pudding for dessert tonight. YUM

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#24 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 07:15 PM

no name.

no baby.

no labor signs.

just put my mom on a airplane and sent her home. She'll come back after the baby arrives... not what we intended but

This baby is head down but all kinds of diagonal half the time. I'm the same way, Angela, I can see every. freaking. part of him. Sometimes I think I can feel his nose (YIKES). I spend so much time on the birth ball, hands knees, crawling, trying to ensure he's anterior, but I'm generally discouraged.

Mandie, you rock, mama!!!! Can't wait to read your birth story!!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#25 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post

Anyways, I am now thinking we are having chocolate pudding for dessert tonight. YUM

SO JEALOUS.

Now all I can think of is chocolate pudding (well, not cuz you posted this...) but I have nothing to make pudding, I'm too lazy/ it's too cold to go to the store, especially since I have to go tomorrow anyway.

I kidna don't want to go anywhere these days. I'd like to be cleaning, but it's too hard with DD getting into everything and whining.

We're going to have dinner, then she's getting a bath and going to bed pretty soon. Then I'll probably do some tidy up while she sleeps and head to bed early.

#26 of 148 Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
SO JEALOUS.

Now all I can think of is chocolate pudding
blame it on seaheroine...she started it

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#27 of 148 Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 AM

We're still figuring out names here too... so indecisive this time around for some reason.

Ugh.... now I know why I didn't want an internal and esp. not a sweep done. My m/w stretched my cervix and did a slight membrane sweep (cuoldn't quite reach) last Monday and I lost my plug the next day and have been having contractions off an on. On Saturday night I was having regular contractions for a while until they petered out. Then last night I woke up several times in the ngiht with cramping and contractions. So I was expecting SOMETHING at my m/w's appt today. I had it in my head that she'd do a full sweep and it would put me in labour tonight. Welll..... that's now how it turned out. My cervix is still very long, she didn't say how dilated but she can easily put two fingers in my cervix (last time she had to wiggle the second in) and baby's head is higher than it was last time. So no stretching or sweeping done at all. And I'm upset because I thought for sure I'd be more dilated and at least a little effaced from last week. I feel so discouraged. I'm only 39 weeks but I feel like an induction just like the last two pgs is going to be how this one ends.

#28 of 148 Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
blame it on seaheroine...she started it

Pretty much I love that Trader Joe's instant pudding. Enough to make more today...that and a greek salad with feta cheese. Or should I say some salad with my feta...mmmm. I went shopping last weekend with my mom, thinking it would be the last big grocery shop, and bought four boxes of pudding. Baby better arrive before I run out -- I'm starving!

Feeling horrible and nauseous already today. Baby twisted and turned weird all night and I feel sore all over. Woke up with wet underwear but don't think it was fluid...more likely peed on myself. I don't want to do anything but eat and sleep but even sleeping doesn't sound nice with my back being pulled either way I lie.

At least I can stalk the board for an update from JayJay!
#29 of 148 Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM

we had an ob appt today - dp's weight increased 1lb since last week. bp was slightly higher than normal - 124/80 where she is usually 110/60. interesting to note that mine was 128/70 4 days before our son arrived and was also usually in the 110/60 range...hmmmm.

last night babe was SUCH a wriggler, knees and feet and hands and elbows poking everywhere, i swear he was trying to escape via dp's bellybutton!!

next week she will get a cervix check and potential induction date. hopefully he will decide to come before that.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#30 of 148 Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM

So no dr for me today. He's apparently got some horrible flu bug. I'm supposed to see if he's in office on Friday. He unfortunately only does same-day bookings for appointments, so now I need to remember to call on Friday AND somehow get through before he's fully booked up, which could be tricky. You can only book appointments between 8-9 am, and after his very reduced holiday hours I think he's doing a lot of catch up.

<sigh>

Good news- we did our trial run for our pool. The adapter only sort of fits our sink, so if we turn the water on all the way it falls out so it took just over an hour to fill. Then we played in it for awhile (DD played in it too... this was maybe a bad idea, I think, because if she's around while her brother is being born it'll be hard to keep her out of the water). Timing the draining now- we're at 25 minutes and not even half way. Hmm.

DD is SOOOO whiney. She slept well, but is just wandering around crying and having temper tantrums. I think its teeth... hows that for fab timing? Oh well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page