Mothering Forum banner

OK- who's left? (still waiting)

5K views 160 replies 53 participants last post by  Gray's Mommy 
#1 ·
let's do final countdown together!

me: i am finally cleared to do a VBAC at the birth center (after scares with placenta previa, low amniotic fluid, etc), healthy, and my birth team is rarin' to go. the last week i have had two bouts of prodromal labor- one for 5 hours, another for two. our ultrasounds indicate we are having a boy, and my official due date is jan 22.

what about all y'all?

#80 ·
I'm still here too...had a checkup today with u/s (I am measuring at 41 cm fundal height, so they wanted to check fluid levels). It was cool to see her, but now they are estimating her at close to 8 lb...1.5 lb more than my last two!
Here she is if you want to take a peek:
Face view #1
Face view #2
No cervical check (fine by me!), and bp, urine, etc. looks good so I go back in a week unless I get lucky and she decides to come sooner. 11 days till the due date!

#83 ·
Have any of you felt like the new year isn't starting for you until your LO has arrived? Like all of my goals/resolutions are on hold until the baby is born and then I feel like it will be a new year/new start. Just curious if any other January mamas have that feeling?

#84 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
Have any of you felt like the new year isn't starting for you until your LO has arrived? Like all of my goals/resolutions are on hold until the baby is born and then I feel like it will be a new year/new start. Just curious if any other January mamas have that feeling?
I just feel like life is on hold completely at the moment... my SPD is making being a parent really hard, it is icy out and walking is painful so we haven't been out much in the last few weeks and the kids are going a bit stir-crazy,
So it just feels like life is in limbo right now...

We are just waiting for the baby to be born, waiting for DH to be on Paternity leave and yes, waiting for life to start up again...

#85 ·
yay angela!!! i hope this is it for you!
keep us posted.

afu - nothing today. bah. dp went for a walk around our hilly neighbourhood and looked out the birthing ball to sit on (it's waiting to be inflated until after our son is in bed, otherwise he will think it is a ball for him to play with). we do have an ob appt tomorrow so let's hope for some good news!!

g

#87 ·
Please send me some
tonight. Everything is in place, and we are expecting a big ice storm tomorrow afternoon. Tonight is a GREAT night for this baby to be born!

#88 ·
and feel like a tight band all the way around my abdomen and back. An hour here and there several times a day a few minutes apart. I am 39 +3 and this did not happen at all until almost two weeks after my EDD with my son. Here's to babies not waiting until 42 +3 because midwives won't deliver at home or birth center then!!

And Jepardy music is still playing for me.

#91 ·
40+2 and I'm getting tired of false starts!! I honestly feel fine being pregnant for another week but I just hate the false starts because then I end up feeling disappointed when nothing comes of it.

Woohoo Angela, hope this is it for you!

rlmueller.. The cutoff here is 41 and 6. Fingers crossed we both go before the cutoff dates for our m/ws!

#92 ·
ugh. we had an ob appt this morning. babe passed the nst but dp's cervix is closed and posterior with only a little thinning. we have appts on friday and monday for more nsts and if babe hasn't made an appearance by next thursday, dp will be admitted to be induced that evening.

please send labour vibes! pitocin sucks and we'd like to avoid it!

g

#93 ·
g - get that wife of yours on a breast pump and stat!

Well, my cramps led to two hours of contractions last night. And then they just stopped - not even petering out...just a full on stop. So.Not.Happy. !

I went thrift storing today during preschool and one of the workers asked when I *am* due...my answer is now "last week." Talk about depressing. Another person heard that and said "you haven't even dropped yet!" Yeah, thanks for mentioning that!

#96 ·
Comments like that just tick me off big time. I dropped my son off at nursery school today & everyone was excited I was still pregnant...crazy

Sending labor dust to those who need it

Please send NO labor thoughts my way until Friday...I have plans!

#98 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by akat View Post
so...does everyone else have to pee every time they stand up, or is it just me b/c my babe is so left/almost posterior?
That is def. me sometimes!! I have even gone to the bathroom to pee, stand up and have to pee again!! Crazy!!!!!!

#99 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by purplemamaturtle5 View Post
That is def. me sometimes!! I have even gone to the bathroom to pee, stand up and have to pee again!! Crazy!!!!!!
Haha, sometimes I stand up in the bathroom, walk around a bit, and then go back and pee again. Sometimes i don't even bother to pull my pants back up

#101 ·
Anyone more overdue than me?
I went to the hospital today for a fetal assessment, thankfully everything looks great so no pressure to induce yet. I'm 41 weeks today by my dates, 41+2 by my first ultrasound. The baby is measuring small (just over 38 weeks), which I've been saying all along but I am sure of my dates because I was charting to conceive.
The good news is that last night I started losing my plug and have been losing it all day today. Last pregnancy I had my daughter within about 24 hours of that happening.
If I haven't had the baby by Monday I'll go back in for another assessment. I really have no idea when it will come, but I'm in an ok place now to keep waiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.