Mothering Forum banner

OK- who's left? (still waiting)

5K views 160 replies 53 participants last post by  Gray's Mommy 
#1 ·
let's do final countdown together!

me: i am finally cleared to do a VBAC at the birth center (after scares with placenta previa, low amniotic fluid, etc), healthy, and my birth team is rarin' to go. the last week i have had two bouts of prodromal labor- one for 5 hours, another for two. our ultrasounds indicate we are having a boy, and my official due date is jan 22.

what about all y'all?

#102 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
Haha, sometimes I stand up in the bathroom, walk around a bit, and then go back and pee again. Sometimes i don't even bother to pull my pants back up

That really is too funny!! I'm glad i'm not the only one who has experienced non-stop urination!! lol.

#104 ·
I pee so much esp at night that I've been half wishing I had a catheter so I wouldn't have to leave my bed every hour at night!

I took my ds swimming today (which was amusing since I can barely stretch into my bathing suit, the molded bra wasn't even really over my boobs. lol) and when the woman at the counter asked when I was due I lied and said in two weeks because I've heard that they have kicked out full term mommas before.

#106 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dese View Post
The good news is that last night I started losing my plug and have been losing it all day today. Last pregnancy I had my daughter within about 24 hours of that happening.
I lost my plug 2 days before giving birth to my daughter... I lost some last night and again at 3 this morning during my routine 2 hour bout of false labor in the middle of the night.
I'm 40+1 so nowhere near as far as you... but I hope we both go quickly! My uterus actually ACHES from all this false labor. It feels like terrible menstrual cramps. I want to think that's a good thing but at this point I'm pretty convinced that nothing my uterus does means anything. I'm really demoralized this morning, I really thought last night was it. I think that EVERY DAY
. And DH is being kind of a jerk about it because he's mad that he has to go to work. I told him this morning that I didn't feel like chatting about how hard this is for OTHER PEOPLE right now
especially since he woke me up with "do I have to go to work today?" and not "how was your night/how are you feeling/good morning."

/rant

How is everyone today?

#107 ·

so, help fill it in for me, a first time mommy. how do you lose some of our plug? i have seen an increase in CM, but i was thinking it was just discharge, not losing my plug.

i guess i was thinking that you lose your plug in one big plop and it would be easily noticable.

#109 ·
Still here too, and 9 days from the EDD. DH is starting to drive me nuts too asking every day and calling in the middle of the day if this is it. No, when I feel some contractions that are regular at all I will tell you!!!!
It HAS to happen soon for all of us!

#110 ·
Lauren, I could have written your post word for word! I have about an hours worth of contractions every evening. Every morning my husband asks if today is the day and if I'm in labour yet, and says he can't focus on work until I have the baby. Pressure much!!! Every night when I get the contractions he asks if this is it... if I knew I'd tell him! It's hard not to get your hopes up. At this point I'm just trying to breath through it and accept the contractions whether or not they are the having the baby soon ones or not.

My plug has been coming out in pieces, but some fairly significant. It's like really really thick discharge that's a yellow type color and thick and stringy... like when you blow your nose and you have a bad cold. I know, sounds gross.
Some people have blood with it as well but that's not been my experience.

#111 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dese View Post
My plug has been coming out in pieces, but some fairly significant. It's like really really thick discharge that's a yellow type color and thick and stringy... like when you blow your nose and you have a bad cold. I know, sounds gross.
Some people have blood with it as well but that's not been my experience.
This is exactly how it's been for me for all three pregnancies.

#112 ·
Yesterday was my birthday. Obviously, baby wants his own birthday because I am still pregnant.

We went out for dinner, had to park 2 blocks away from the restaurant so I walked a good amount right there. Then after dinner, we needed to go to Costco and so I was walking around Costco for 20 minutes. Then, later we DTD for the first time in a couple weeks. I was hoping all of that would've gotten something going but alas, I woke up today feeling like I normally do every other day. I have been feeling totally zen about waiting and waiting and waiting but I am starting to get to that point now, I'm done. Tomorrow will be 41w.

We've been thinking about taking DD somewhere "special" to have a fun day with her before she has a little sibling cramping her style. LOL So, maybe I can get some more walking in with whatever we decide to do.

#113 ·
OP here with an update about me.

My due date is tomorrow, and I am in really annoying slow early labor and have been for almost two days. The contractions have finally gotten more intense, but are only 7-10 minutes apart. We were really hoping that today would be the day, but so far...nope.

#115 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post

so, help fill it in for me, a first time mommy. how do you lose some of our plug? i have seen an increase in CM, but i was thinking it was just discharge, not losing my plug.

i guess i was thinking that you lose your plug in one big plop and it would be easily noticable.
It looks exactly like boogers. I know for some women it's very noticeably a plug, but for me it's like chunky yellow boogers
I know. The plug can regenerate, too, so you might lose it and then lose it again later on. Wish the stupid thing was attached to a timer so we could all guarantee labor once it popped out! I lost some more this morning, 2 days after losing a bunch.

So, my uterus took last night off and I got some really good rest. I'm hoping that between that and losing more plug, that the next time contractions start up it will be the Real Thing. I'm definitely optimistic if not about today, than about this weekend. I'm definitely feeling nesty and a bit manic this morning, but how many times has that happened
? Anyway, it's about time for another huge rush of births for us, don't you think?? So many of us are at 40w or over that it seems like we are "due" for a bunch of birth announcements.

#118 ·
40 + 6 today. Lost mucus plug last night around 3:30am, after being woken up by really strong contractions - I thought I was on my way!! Oh, no, of course not. That was just a tease. After finally managing to get back to sleep, no contractions to speak of yet today. Ugh, this is frustrating! Dh kept asking me if he should cancel his clients and stay home today - I'm like, how the hell should I know??

#120 ·
Still here...

My daughter (who uses "the other day" for any day yesterday or before and "the next day" for any day tomorrow and beyond) told me, without prompting, "the baby is coming tomorrow night." That will put me at 41 even...

#121 ·
My 18yos called me from an out of state tournament and asked if I'd had the baby yet. He said to duct tape my legs together until he gets home on Sunday. Now, I understand he wants to be here and I think that's sweet and all, but come on, can't a pregnant woman get some sympathy?!

I'll have to remind him of that suggestion when he and his future wife await the births of their children. I'm sure his future wife will really appreciate it (not!).

#122 ·
I feel like I want to scream. If I read another birth story from someone who had their baby before me and was due after me I am gonna lose it. I am content with waiting for this baby and all, but I think I have almost reached my limit. I really don't want to read anymore birth stories, because while I am happy they have their little ones, it seems unfair. Why God Why?

I suppose I prayed that I would find patience but is this some kind of test or what?

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! *pulls hair*

#124 ·
ob appt today. babe passed the nst, and still has plenty of fluid. he's happy in there. ob didn't even bother doing a cervix check based on dp's lack of anything happening since wednesday. back on monday for more of the same.

we have tried: walking, eating spicy food, eating pineapple, sitting on the bithing ball, epo, acupuncture, acupressure and massage. <sigh>

g

#125 ·
I thought I would join the waiting club with you all! I'm 40+1. I've been playing it so cool until my "due date" hit yesterday. Now I'm just being silly. I think it's because, for some reason, I had in my head that this baby would be a bit early. Plus, I feel like I've been in pre-labor for days and days. It's just very different from my first.

Anyway, I'm just trying to remind my impatient self of how normal it is to have babies into weeks 41, 42 and even beyond. Sometimes I wonder how different it would feel if no one was "watching" me. If I have a third I think I'll consider keeping my edd to myself--maybe even from dh! The birth center where I'm having the baby is great, but I hate the idea of having to be more closely monitored and having to meet with a doctor after next week if I haven't had the baby. It's kind of like a looming threat and I wonder how that affects us psychologically--the pressure of it all.

Just my little vent of the morning! I'll stay tuned on how everyone is doing and look for comfort in knowing that this time next month we will all certainly be holding our little ones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.