Mothering Forum banner

OK- who's left? (still waiting)

5K views 160 replies 53 participants last post by  Gray's Mommy 
#1 ·
let's do final countdown together!

me: i am finally cleared to do a VBAC at the birth center (after scares with placenta previa, low amniotic fluid, etc), healthy, and my birth team is rarin' to go. the last week i have had two bouts of prodromal labor- one for 5 hours, another for two. our ultrasounds indicate we are having a boy, and my official due date is jan 22.

what about all y'all?

#127 ·
40+6 now and still pregnant. our 2 friends who were also overdue had their babies thursday and early this morning, so we are NEXT!! lol! dp has more acupuncture today and then we are doing a walking marathon to see if that will get things going. our induction date is starting to loom...

g

#128 ·
My husband, as he went out the door, said, "call me if anything happens!". lol, he thinks I'm in labor because I slept in. Yeah, no, nothing's happening. I'm just tired and 5yo is at grandma's. And I've already completed every conceivable nesting activity and then some.

#129 ·
40+4...woke up to some bloody show this morning (finally!!!!). hardly slept last night...crampy ctx, sore hips and back, nauseous...with all the prodromal crap i've had, i'm beginning to wonder if i'm just not going to have 'real labor' until i start pushing...

really hoping this is my weekend. i don't know how much longer i can take this...

#130 ·
I am wondering the same thing.....like maybe I will get up in the middle of the night to pee and have a sudden urge to push!
My EDD was yesterday and it seems like with each passing day I feel less I will be in labor soon, like my body missed the opportunity last week and now it's not going to happen EVER. The only new feeling I have, is when I sit at my computer and baby stretches it feels like he stretches into my bottom and is going to fall out! I know I have almost NO cervix left, so how can it still be holding him in there!? Curse those healthy muscles!!

#131 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
:it seems like with each passing day I feel less I will be in labor soon, like my body missed the opportunity last week and now it's not going to happen EVER.
This reminds me of how I felt just before my first son was born. I had been so sure he would come each day of my Spring Break. Finally on Thursday, I figured it was never going to happen, even told my partner it was fine for her to take a muscle relaxer that night, and then had my water break a couple hours later.

This time around, I'm having lots of bouts of prodromal labor, which is completely new to me. Since my contractions in full-blown labor were irregular last time, I'm worried I'll ignore them until I'm in the middle of pushing.

#132 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magistra View Post
This reminds me of how I felt just before my first son was born. I had been so sure he would come each day of my Spring Break. Finally on Thursday, I figured it was never going to happen, even told my partner it was fine for her to take a muscle relaxer that night, and then had my water break a couple hours later.

Wow, you guys are reading my mind. I pretty much gave up on ever having the baby 2 days ago. And gabeyho, I have also had the thought that somehow my body screwed up and missed the window for birth, considering how much more hormonal and crampy and contractiony I felt last week compared to the last few days when my uterus has been relatively quiet and I've been mopey but not all hot flashy and emo. I thought in the middle of that night that something must be wrong because I seem to EITHER have contractions OR have vague signs of impending labor (mucus plug loss, more discharge), but the two don't overlap.

It seems like this weekend should feel auspicious. My sister, myself and my daughter were all born over weekends, right after midnight on Sundays, actually. And my daughter was born early on Sunday the 24th, so if I went into labor this evening the same would be true for this baby. A good friend has the chance to be an apprentice midwife for me, which is weird because it's come up on such short notice but I had the feeling last week that somehow she would be there even though I couldn't make sense of how that would happen. I'm 40+3 so there's no earthly reason I WOULDN'T go into labor tonight, and I HAVE lost my mucus plug a thousand times. So why do I just NOT BELIEVE IT anymore??

#133 ·
ugh. after being in inactive labor for several days...nothing! the contractions have gotten moe intense than plain ol braxton sicks tightening, but they slow down way too often to advance to the next stage of labor.

i am really bummed today, as i really thought i'd be in active labor by now. i lost a ridiculous amount of mucus this AM, so maybe there's still hope to eventually have this baby. sigh.

#134 ·
41 weeks yesterday! I'm with you all that think maybe I'll suddenly have the urge to push because my body doesn't seem like it's going into labor any time soon. I haven't ever actually watched the show "I didn't know I was pregnant" on TLC but perhaps there needs to be a show, "I didn't know I was in labor until a baby popped out"?? Ohhh, if I could only be so lucky.

I have a deadline of 42w by my OB due to me having gestational diabetes so at least I know by this time next week I will definitely have a baby in the flesh. I'm not really interested in trying any induction methods because I think they'll only work if my body is gearing up for labor anyway and I don't want to add any more anxiety or frustration to myself.

#135 ·
Just wrapped up a prenatal with my midwife. It was fine and even pleasant but I feel like I am getting mixed messages. One minute it's "I doubt you'll get to 41 weeks" then "things look good for a few more days" and then "you could go into labor tonight."

I had a cervical check -- 2 cm, 60% effaced, very soft. So that's fine, not AMAZING but whatever. I'm measuring 41 cm (up from 39 last week
). Oh, and I REALLY lost my plug this afternoon -- 3 or 4 times it's been snotty stuff, but this time it was a bit of solid gray stuff. I don't know, this should all probably make me happy but mostly I'm irritated that I can't be guaranteed a baby TONIGHT.

#137 ·
Just checking in....

Today I'm 39+4. Never expected this babe to come early and I'm prepared for the long haul. However, with absolutely no signs of impending birth I guess I just have to sit tight. Feb DDC, here I come!

My midwife said she has no issues letting her moms go 43 or 44 weeks.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

My only hope is that Sat Jan 30 is a full moon....

#138 ·
I'm thinking I should start planning for a February birth
WHATEVER!~! I just want to meet this baby sooner than later. I am starting to get scared that I'll risk out of my homebirth if s/he waits too long.

What is the freaking deal with all the birth announcements today too!! I can't even keep up with them
I'm so jealous!!

#139 ·
Still here, too. I hear you on the birth announcements- it's like everyone got together and had a birth party and forgot to invite us! Not fair!

I'm due in 3 days. Went to church today and everyone kept saying what day would be good for them- "not such and such day, that's a church meeting. Next Saturday my schedule is clear, though, that'd work for me!"

#140 ·
our facebook friends started a pool to see when i'd go and someone posted June 1st as a joke - but i was like, huh, maybe!

again, i'm starting to think i should have joined the Feb DDC - and that way i could be one of the first instead of one of the last!

39W6D today

#141 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happiestever View Post
If I read another birth story from someone who had their baby before me and was due after me I am gonna lose it. I am content with waiting for this baby and all, but I think I have almost reached my limit.
Right there with ya! I am 41 wks 2 days now. 90% effaced, a little more than a centimeter dilated. Which is fine - I know there's progress being made but it's frustrating having these nightly bouts of prodromal contractions that keep me awake for a couple hours and then peter out. So I'm extra exhausted on top of "late" and I just need this baby to make her appearance already!

Well, ladies, at least we have each other. So many of the posts in this thread are things I could have said myself...we're all having a lot of the same feelings. It's good to know I'm not alone, although it doesn't bring me happiness that other people are going through the agony of waiting too. In the spirit of looking on the bright side, I have to say I'm extremely grateful I have midwives this time who are totally cool with letting me go into labor on my own and are not pressuring me in the slightest. I have no one else's deadline to beat, no threats of induction or another c-section looming on the horizon. I did not have that luxury with my first birth. I'm also grateful that my baby is healthy and active and in a great position for birth....the stage is set, as my midwife told me tonight. Just have to wait for the production to start! Sending patient vibes all up and down this thread...be sure to send them back to me because patience is not in my nature!
:

#142 ·
If everyone who sid they should've joined Feb did, I would've been here all by myself and would probably be in hysterics about being the LAST ONE.

So I'm glad you're all here!

#143 ·
I've been trying to meditate a little each day, find a positive space, etc, but after 5 or so minutes, I find myself nodding off. When I tried this morning, it was even worse. I'd had one bought of contractions that really jolted me awake and then a few more scattered throughout the night, in addition to my usual bathroom breaks, so I was completely exhausted. I ended up abandoning all pretext of meditation and just took a nap! Now I'm ready for another one.

#144 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
If everyone who sid they should've joined Feb did, I would've been here all by myself and would probably be in hysterics about being the LAST ONE.

So I'm glad you're all here!
I go over there sometimes, even they are having their babies. Heck, half the people here went in Dec. I feel like I'm super late and the last one, and I'm not even to my EDD.

I asked my 5yo when he thinks the baby will come and he said, "I don't know, July 20 hundredth?" [thanks for the vote of confidence, kid!]

#145 ·
There's a Children's Church service on Feb 20th, and people keep saying to me, "I hope you're a family of 4 by then!"

No kidding! I'd be more than 3 weeks past my due date- keep your "well wishes" to yourself, thanks!

I look at the Feb DDC (and posted once) but it makes me more depressed than anything. Everyone HERE is having babies, everyone THERE is having babies- where the heck is my baby!?!?

I need to not hang on on MDC, haha.

#146 ·
I also need to stop obsessiely hanging out on MDC. I am becoming a compulsive lurker!!

We are planning the baptism for this LO on 2/14, since it is the last day for baptisms before Lent, and at this point I'm thinking baby may be the youngest newborn the priest will ever have the pleasure of baptising. I am hoping he will be at least a few weeks old before I take him out of the house to be baptised!

#147 ·
I.Am.Still.Here (she says between gritted teeth).

I'm really, really hoping that this baby comes either by Wednesday or not until Saturday (Thursday and Friday are tough for us, childcare-wise).

But, yeah, I need to stop coming and reading birth stories in both the Jan and the Feb DDCs. Too depressing!

#148 ·
I really thought last night was it! I started laughing at myself for being so worried about when the baby would finally come. Ctx were 5 mins apart and very slowly intensifying for a couple of hours. I even got last minute things into the bag to take to the birth center because it was evening and my 4 yo was getting ready to go to sleep.

I decided to drink a ton of water and take a quick bath to really test the ctx. They totally stopped! I'm such an idiot! I should have gone out on an evening power-walk through the city instead! And I slept all night (except for pee breaks). Ha ha. Jokes on me. 40+3 today and still waiting. It's a matter of when, not if, for all of us. But the suspense is killing me!

#149 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
I also need to stop obsessiely hanging out on MDC. I am becoming a compulsive lurker!!

We are planning the baptism for this LO on 2/14, since it is the last day for baptisms before Lent, and at this point I'm thinking baby may be the youngest newborn the priest will ever have the pleasure of baptising. I am hoping he will be at least a few weeks old before I take him out of the house to be baptised!
I just hope we can get the birth certificate in time for the Baptism...we may just have to wait until after Lent & then pray the heirloom gown fits

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.