OK- who's left? (still waiting) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
let's do final countdown together!

me: i am finally cleared to do a VBAC at the birth center (after scares with placenta previa, low amniotic fluid, etc), healthy, and my birth team is rarin' to go. the last week i have had two bouts of prodromal labor- one for 5 hours, another for two. our ultrasounds indicate we are having a boy, and my official due date is jan 22.

what about all y'all?

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#2 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM

i'll be 40 weeks on monday...trying my hardest to be patient, but it's getting difficult...had prodromal all morning and afternoon yesterday, piddled out around 4 pm...nothing else since then. bleh.

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#3 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm still here, but have already scheduled surgery for a week from today (!!!) due to a pesky fibroid. But still here...
#4 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 PM

I'm not due until the 27th, so I've still got plenty of time to hurry up and wait. I've been increasingly uncomfortable these days, but nothing that makes me think this baby is going to come early. Lots of BH contractions but nothing else. My parents don't arrive until the 24th and my mother is part of my birthing team, so I hope the baby stays put until then.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#5 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:46 PM

I am still waiting. My due date is Jan. 21. I have settled into the idea that it may be awhile yet because there is nothing going on. I was having some bh's a couple weeks ago, but now even those have stopped for the most part. My daughter was early, so this waiting thing is new to me. I purchased some yummy treats to have after he is born, since I have gd. I can't wait!

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#6 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:50 PM

I'm four days overdue by ultrasound, two by charting. I've been pretty sick with a cold so I think the baby is waiting. Planning a second home waterbirth with midwifes and doula.

Desana 12/22/07, Freya 01/21/10
#7 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 PM

I was due on Tuesday, but no baby yet. My midwife swept my membranes at Tuesday's appt. I've had a little lightly blood-tinged mucous discharge since then. No more BH than I has before. I was at 3 cm and 80% effacement at the appt. I am just really hoping that My birth doesn't coincide with another of my midwife's patients. We thought I would have birthed by now!

married to my best friend since july of '93... mama to sage, who came when the pumpkins came in '05... and logan, who came with the hoar frost in january '10
#8 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM

Today's my "official" guess date and I'm still here!! No real signs of labor, but I didn't have any last time, either. I'm crampy, having some light BH, and the baby's head is pretty well stuffed into my pelvis, but other than that....all quiet. Oh, and I'm fighting a cold, which sucks. Lots of chicken soup and lemon water for me today.

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#9 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 02:58 PM

I'm here.... not due till the 26th tho. I'm totally okay with still being pregnant. Last week was very emotional as somehow I convinced myself I will have the baby at 37w. But now I feel like there is still a lot to get done, and so I'm just going to ride it out and let the baby come when its ready.
Though I am very uncomfortable and sleep is tough.
#10 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM

I am due Jan 24th but thinking it might be longer than that. I have been having Braxton Hicks and start with achings and discomforts - so far the pregnancy had been very easy on me. Now my left hip is bothering me and my mind is a bit crazy, feeling moody and nervous.

Mom to Olivia Marlene, raising bilingual: German & English 
#11 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM

I'm here. EDD is the 20th. No signs of anything yet. Lots of BH but not much else. My mom is coming on the 20th to stay for 3 weeks and I really want to have the baby within a few days or before she gets here so I have as much help as possible. Contemplating trying castor oil on Sunday but DS was a week late so........

DH and DS have had some horrible cold this week and I'm ready to pull my hair out if they don't stop coughing in the next 24 hours. It's really bad so I'm keeping my distance.

Amy
SAHM to a super sweet and sensitive 2 year old and a happy giggle-monster baby (1/2010).
#12 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM

we are still here. due date is sunday (by our calculations) and tuesday by the ob's "wheel of fortune".

we are just back from the ob. our little guy wasn't moving as much as usual, so dp called and they asked us to come in. the nst went great - he eventually did start bopping around and his heartrate was fine. dp is having minor contractions, some of which she can feel and some not.

the ob did a quick u/s to check on fluid level and that is also fine. he is head down and engaged. we are just waiting for labour to start at this point.

we really don't think he is coming any time soon.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#13 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM

Not due until the 26th, but I am guessing I will go VERY close to my EDD.
I'm good with that though.
I does kinda freak me out that I am due in, umm, 11 days though!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#14 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My official due date is also the 22nd. I had my membranes swept on Tuesday and that gave me a couple of days of crampy, labory, pressure-y feelings, and I lost my mucous plug completely yesterday....and then nothing. My prediction has been this weekend, during the new moon, since all my last three girls were born during the new moon, so I am still holding out for that!

We are planning our first UC water birth, and the hospital is right down the road if we feel the need to transfer.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#15 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM

Due the 24th
Lots of prodromal stuff but all of the sudden I feel great.
Two coworkers had their babies in two days, but I'm happy for them, I really am.
DS1 came at 42+3 and was so healthy for it.
I want big, chubby, healthy, yadayada but I hope it's not quite that long this time.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
#16 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Due in 7 days. Feel like crap and resting now. I'm really mad at my MW who was convinced I'd go by now. I wish she'd have kept her trap shut and just waited to see what would happen. Otherwise, I have no expectation of going before 40 weeks as I'm generally a 41 weeker.
#17 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACsMom View Post
Today's my "official" guess date and I'm still here!! No real signs of labor, but I didn't have any last time, either. I'm crampy, having some light BH, and the baby's head is pretty well stuffed into my pelvis, but other than that....all quiet. Oh, and I'm fighting a cold, which sucks. Lots of chicken soup and lemon water for me today.
My MIL always recommends lemon, olive oil and sugar if you like. I take this every time I have a cold and it always helps a bunch.

ETA: I am due today too!!!! Oh Well~ I knew this day would be uneventful. Still here and chugging along.
#18 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:54 PM

I'm here. Due date is this weekend or mid-next week, depending on who you ask.

I'm a little nervous because I went to 41 weeks with #1. Unfortunately, my doc is going to do a Doctors without Borders type program in early Feb, so I really want to have this baby before she leaves!
#19 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM

I'm due Jan. 27, so I'm 38 weeks +2, won't be surprised if I go over. Absolutely nothing going on whatsoever but a couple of mild Braxton Hicks per day, feel great, busy getting the to-do list done.

Must admit I visit the Feb club, too.
#20 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 05:11 PM

Well, I'm due on the 28th. I have had some BH, but nothing *really* strong. I went 41 weeks 1 day with my last child (my 1st) and I'm hoping I dont go that far this time. I know that my due date is only almost 2 weeks away, but I am really REALLY ready to have this baby now. I dont think I have ever been so sore in my whole life. All these weird aches and pains are showing up ALL over my body....it really sucks!! Well, its good to know that the pain will be over with (hopefully) before I know it.

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#21 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM

I'm still here (despite my totally misleading thread title ).

I'm due the 27th and am expecting to go somewhere around then - fingers crossed for the 25th! Still no labour signs, just getting increasingly uncomfortable.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#22 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 PM

i'm not due until the 25th, and i'm starting to wonder if i should have joined the Feb DDC too!

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#23 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm still here. EDD: Jan 23rd... but hoping to go in the next few days. Been losing mucous plug, and had more bloody show today but my contractions are so sporatic that I doubt I'll meet my baby in the next couple of days.
That's okay because my house is wreck. We are having a homebirth and for some reason that means to me that my house has to be ready for all the company.... not sure if that's a rational feeling at this point. I've been feeling very logical and even tempered but apparently (according to dh) I've been throwing my hormones onto everyone else. It's also a new moon tonight so that explains some retrograde behavior I suppose.

SAHM-25 with DH-35 we have DD-3 and missing DC: 3/08 and DS: 9/08 but : EDD: Jan/2010
#24 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 06:08 PM

Still here. EDD by u/s is tomorrow (1/16), but I so thought he was coming today. I'm totally ready for this and can't wait to birth another child in this world!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#25 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 06:21 PM

Today is my EDD. I have no feelings of impending labor. At my 40w appt yesterday, I had my first vaginal exam and my OB put me at 50% effaced, 2cm dilated, and - 3 station. When feeling my belly, he said the baby felt lower than he did at my previous appt but he is still really high. My OB is super supportive of my VBAC and he is going out of town, of course, the 19th - 24th. I would LOVE to have this baby this weekend so that I don't have to put up a fight to VBAC. I am not really physically uncomfortable or anything which is nice. So, now we just wait on baby's timing.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#26 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM

Still here too! I'm due Monday, however DS was born at 41w4d so I'm not expecting labor anytime soon!

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#27 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Still pregnant here. Due the 23rd. I've been losing mucous all week, lots last night. Bloody show this morning. Yikes! I have been totally zen to this point with waiting, but as soon as I saw that bloody show I started to feel differently. Now I am anxious to know when this show is really going to start I've been contracting mildly and been very crampy since Monday. As much as every 5-8 minutes for hours at a time...then things quiet down, but the contractions continue day and night. I know realistically it could be a week or two yet, but I keep feeling that maybe this weekend...ugh, I don't know. Lots of cervical pains and twinges this afternoon, still having some pinkish spotting. I hope this is the beginning of what is to be real labor, I am feeling emotionally ready at this point. Only time will tell...

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#28 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Still here. EDD is 1/30 so I'm not really expecting the little one any time soon. Starting to secretly wish he/she would show up, though...especially now that I have everything ready!
#29 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 PM

Still here too, but didn't expect anything different. "Due" the 27th and will likely end up in February.

The 30th is a full moon, though...

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!
#30 of 161 Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Still here and due January 26th - no real twinges of anything happening soon. I used to be all positive and nesty last two weeks, this week feeling more fragile and frightened - trying to get back to where I was mentally!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page