Talk me out of forcing this little girl out.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I never post here but I lurk A LOT. I have the whole pregnancy
My name is Kate and we have a 2 1/2 year old and then this little girl due tomm.
I'm trying to hang in there but I just feel like I'm losing it some days. I have loved being pregnant but now I just want to be done. Normal? I know..but still....I'm seeing some of you feel the same but you all see to just be waiting all nice and calm and I feel like I am just freaking out a bit.
I'm also stressing a bit because DS was 9.15 and came at 40 + 4 days. I had taken two tablespoons of castor oil (after two nights of NO sleep due to pressure waves too intense to sleep through) in the early morning and was having bloody show by 4pm and in labor by about 11pm. Don't know if that much castor oil did anything of if I was just ready anyways.
SO here I am 2 1/2 years later with memories of pushing out a 10 pound baby and kinda not wanting to do it again....I can't help but feeling like everyday she is gaining more and more and the sooner the better.
I was temping and using OPK and I'm pretty right on about my conception date....but I feel so guilty wanting her out now.
Not a single contraction BTW, no bloody show, no...nothing.
Ok, thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM

Well, from what I understand babies general slow in the weight gain over the last week or so of pregnancy, so if your baby is gonna be 10 lbs then she's there already.

And I think that a lot of us sounding peaceful and calm while waiting for our babies is our attempt to trick ourselves into thinking we really are calm and peaceful- I know that's true for me!

With my first baby I didn't knwo what to expect and I was ready to wait awhile, the unknown was scaring me enough to keep the excitement in check. Now I don't have that, I know it's going to be awesome, and I'm FREAKING OUT. Why isn't it HAPPENING YET?!?!? And I've still got just under 2 weeks until my due date, haha. But if anyone asks how I'm doing I'm calm and peaceful, I talk like I'm not expecting anything for awhile, and emphasis how GREAT I feel. But if there was a healthy, no-intervention, worry-free way to make him come out NOW I'd probably do it

And I tihnk that all the castor oil in the world would probably only keep you in the bathroom for days- your body doesn't sound like it's ready and gearing up like it was when the CO worked for you last time. If your body isn't ready, all the natural induction techniques will do is make you feel stressed out and irritated that nothing is working, I would assume.

And yes, these days are dragging. YES, it seems like the longest x-number of weeks of your life. But soon these days will be gone, you'll miss feeling your baby wiggling in your belly, and you'll wonder why you ever wanted to rush through them.

Hang in there, mama! And if it helps, take comfort in all those of us who are waiting with you!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#3 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 12:07 PM

DDCC.... is your username from Lost?

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#4 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM

I totally agree with Astraia. I think the castor oil probably worked well for you with your first because it sounds like your body was gearing up for labor anyway with the strong pressure waves. Yesterday was my EDD and I have absolutely no signs of impending labor. Every morning I wake up thinking, dang it, it didn't happen last night. The reasons I don't want to try any induction methods is because I don't want it to start something and get to the hospital and then it stops and since I'm there they'll hook me up to pitocin and then my natural birth will turn into a cascade of interventions I didn't want. Also, I think trying all the induction methods will only increase your anxiety and frustration because you'll be on pins & needles waiting for it to "work" or if it does stir up some contractions and then they fizzle out after an hour that will be really disheartening. I am calm about waiting it out because once it's done, it's done and you only go through this experience a small number of times in your lifetime. Hang in there!

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#5 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 02:24 PM

If you're just feeling the need to be proactive, maybe some of the more "benign" labor induction methods would be good for you to do... things that aren't even so much induction methods as much as they're things that you do anyway that can get things going... I'm thinking sex and exercise. Maybe you could start having more sex and doing frequent fast-paced walks- maybe even some lunges or climbing stairs.

Some of the other techniques (ie castor oil) seem safe enough, but they're still an intervention- they still mess with things. Maybe you could save things like that for later on, if you happened to go way overdue and really needed to get things moving.

Just a thought. I know it can be helpful to feel like you're doing something, but try (i know it's hard) to just keep in mind that the body and the baby know when it's best to come and there's really not a whole lot you can do about that (although that can be frustrating). Sending you good vibes!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#6 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Fat is squishy! You can do it mama! I won't consider induction methods until 42 weeks at least. BTW I have never had bloody show, or anything except when my mw pretty much pulled out my mucous plug with my first. Induction methods only work if your body is ready.
#7 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletjane View Post
If you're just feeling the need to be proactive, maybe some of the more "benign" labor induction methods would be good for you to do... things that aren't even so much induction methods as much as they're things that you do anyway that can get things going... I'm thinking sex and exercise. Maybe you could start having more sex and doing frequent fast-paced walks- maybe even some lunges or climbing stairs.

I've had lots of people telling me to use my breast pump and do other nipple stimulation too, but it's kinda hard to do w/ my 3 year old who wants to be right next to me at all time.

SAHM-25 with DH-35 we have DD-3 and missing DC: 3/08 and DS: 9/08 but : EDD: Jan/2010
#8 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Banned

I just ate an entire pineapple.
#9 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland42 View Post
I read somewhere that it takes 7 pineapples to get the induction effect...

1 down, 6 to go!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#10 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 06:05 PM

Your baby is telling s/he isn't ready to come out yet. Be patient and listen. Let your baby be the guide for this birth and when s/he is ready to come earthside.

It is hard to wait (I'm due in 10 days).

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#11 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
ditto to what everyone else said. I am READY, but my EDD is still one week away and I haven't gone this early before, AND I did lose my mucous plug, but we all know that can mean nothing a lot of the time....and so I wait, and it sucks, and no matter how many pregnancies you have it never gets easier those last few weeks. All of a sudden it will be next month and we will all be holding our babies in our arms, and it's really not as long as it seems, and in the mean time, just stop answering the phone!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#12 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraia View Post
I read somewhere that it takes 7 pineapples to get the induction effect...

1 down, 6 to go!
I'll get right on that. I don't think my stomach could stretch that much.

OP - I hear ya. I am at 40w 4 d and DD was born at 41w 0d. Everyone is sick of me being pregnant.
#13 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 08:07 PM

... and in the mean time, just stop answering the phone! [/QUOTE]

I'm not due until the 22nd but can already answer the phone "NO!" instead of my usual "Hello"
#14 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 PM

I ate a whole pineapple the other day, though mostly to combat the acid I had and because reading about it gave me a wicked craving.

I've been stretching a lot more recently and found that the baby has moved down and can tell it's affecting my cervix too--but I doubt it will make anything happen before the baby's ready.
#15 of 16 Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland42 View Post

I ate a big bowl of it today too. I'm 40 wks 1 day and feel your pain, Jackate. It's so hard to wait, even though I know these last days will fade in my memory very quickly. I kinda wanted her to come out over the weekend - it's more convenient for our family! Now it looks like she'll have to wait till next weekend. Weekdays aren't good for me.

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#16 of 16 Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

^^^thats how I am. WIth my sister (works full time) being the caregiver for my son and my hubby working all week, I want a weekend baby, LOL. Oh and a daytime baby. I'm just such a planner...I think thats why this is hard for me.
Thanks for the advice - that is all I really needed to hear. I'm also at a birth center so I know the castor oil increases the risk of meconium and that is not something I want to deal with...but now I also have two weeks from today before I'm out of the birth center. Ugh...
Hubby and I did try some walking yesterday, but it was after we had a "nap" that things did finally pick up - I has some nice waves for about three hours after that about every 10 mins. but alas they went away : ( Eh, maybe I'll try again today -- it's not the worst way to get a baby here

Oh and my name is from my son's name - Jack- and my name - Kate

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page