Bring it on home -- END OF JAN 2010 chat thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how freaky, but how cool would that be

as for me, no baby, no labor. i guess i'm having a slight bloody show? have no idea.

but, i did have the funkiest dream last night. DH, the baby and I were at some sort of presentation. Kiwi got fussy and i took him out of his car seat / carrier and DH took him to another part of the auditorium and started nursing him. what the heck! LOL

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#62 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM

sheesh, there aren't too many of us left!

smokeylo, that would be crazy about the birthdays!!

As for my progress... I'm 41+3 and trying to be patient. I'm losing mucus plug and having bloody discharge. Lots of contractions, some quite regular, but nothing painful or that prevent me from doing other things. As a first-timer, i'm not really sure what to expect but i'm kind of guessing I can't have too much longer to go here. ah, the waiting limbo.

sending everyone labor vibes!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#63 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM

I have a cold and feel like sh*t.

I was having irregular contrax since Sunday but they have really died down since I started feeling sick yesterday afternoon. Yesterday was my due date. I just went to my midwife appt. and she tried to schedule me for C-section next Wed - at 41 weeks exactly, WTF? I agreed to schedule it for a week after that instead, at 42 weeks exactly.

I was reticent about a cervical check and she was a little irritated with me. I really was curious, but since I feel so sick, and my water breaking early sucked so much w/my first birth, I was afraid...but I went ahead. I think she feels like I'm accusing her of not being competent enough to not break my water, whereas I'm just terrified of it breaking, it's nothing personal. So, I'm 90% effaced, 1 cm, -2 station. She had to push pretty hard to reach my cervix. I think he was at a lower station and has moved back up, but I don't know. She was all like, "90%, that's great!!!" so...idk, is that great?

I guess I'll try to rest and hope my cold feels a lot better quickly, and then try to get things going again.
#64 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 02:50 PM

akat, did i read that correctly??? A c-section? Wouldn't they want to try some induction methods first? That seems really bizarre and seriously bad practice. And the worst part is that it puts so much pressure on you to go into labor (at a time when you should be able to enjoy yourself and relax). I'm so sorry! My midwives will let me go to 43 weeks, but they will start looking at pushing things along after 42 weeks (and they also want a biophysical to be done just to check on baby). It's crazy how differently midwives practice, probably mainly due to varying state laws. Well, i'm sending you labor vibes so that it doesn't come to that! good luck.

it's a good thing MDC is here, so that i can at least live vicariously through all you mamas holding your babes!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#65 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM

oh, sorry, I'm a VBAC, [previous CS was for 'failure to progress'] and the hospital does not allow induction for VBACs. Otherwise they would induce.

Thanks for the good vibes!
#66 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 03:46 PM

oh, got it. that sounds more reasonable. Still sending you labor vibes!!

#67 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 03:51 PM

for those who have done the walking thing to get themselves to go into labor, how much walking did you do?

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#68 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 04:14 PM

I attempted to check my cervix today & I can't even find it without trying new acrobatic tricks. Oh well...guess baby isn't ready to come out yet. I'm ready, DH is ready, kids are ready, EVERYONE is ready but baby...

I don't remember feeling this much pressure with my firstborn when I went past my EDD.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#69 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
I attempted to check my cervix today & I can't even find it without trying new acrobatic tricks. Oh well...guess baby isn't ready to come out yet. I'm ready, DH is ready, kids are ready, EVERYONE is ready but baby...

I don't remember feeling this much pressure with my firstborn when I went past my EDD.
Yeah, same. I'm ready, DH is ready, house is ready- everyone but baby! My cervix is the same as it was before (before = 30 weeks ) and requires some acrobatics to reach it.

Feeling some pressure here, too, about going over. MIL told me today (she's our childcare person for DD) that she's told everyone to expect her to just not show up for things- medical appointments and dr's have been given a heads up, all her piano students because she teaches from home. Every time she's around to give lessons or shows up for appointments, people are saying, "what, no baby yet???"

Called my mom yesterday for some support. She is very understanding because she went over with all of us- my brother was born at 43 w 5 d. REALLY hoping this kid doesn't follow suit!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#70 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm gearing up for the big 41 week mark tomorrow. I have been having ctx ALL DAY. Irregular and some stronger than others. I feel like any minute they could just even out, stop me in my tracks and FINALLY prove real. The good news is that I'm in a much better space than I was yesterday. At least I feel like I might actually have a baby soon.

My aunt told me today that she had her third at 43.5. My mom had her third at 42. It's just not that terribly abnormal. I think that the only thing that makes it seem unheard of these days is that there are few care providers that "allow" it. God help me if I'm still carrying this baby in 2.5 weeks though
#71 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Hi everyone! I'm only 40 + 3, but seeing how it's already the 28th, there can't be too many of us left. Just wanted a little company.

A week or two ago I was feeling ambivalent about L&D. I loved being pregnant and was sad at the thought of being disconnected from the little life that has been growing inside me for the last 40 weeks. Um, I don't feel like that anymore. Come out, baby!!!

Sending labor vibes to us all

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
#72 of 82 Old 01-28-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
i loved being pregnant and was sad at the thought of being disconnected from the little life that has been growing inside me for the last 40 weeks. Um, i don't feel like that anymore. Come out, baby!!!
this is so me!!!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#73 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 12:15 AM

I have hemorrhoids and I'm getting bored with the waiting.

I'm only 40+1 and knowing that my mom went late with all of us I could have a long wait ahead of me.

I picked another totally random day - not as a guess day, but as a "I give myself leave to be really depressed if this day comes and goes with no baby"- and it would have me at 41+4. I've been talking over with my husband what he feels like doing if I'm still pregnant this time next week and, as always, he'll do whatever I want to do. Which is maybe nice, but sometimes I wish he'd THINK about stuff a bit more so I'm not the only one with my mind on it.

Every day is so different for me. Every few hours are so different. Sometimes I'm thrilled to be pregnant and feeling baby move, esp. knowing this could be our last baby, sometimes I'm excited and just can't wait to meet him, and sometimes I'm nervous and anxious about everything and nothing.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#74 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 01:36 AM

I'm 40.4 weeks pg. Have been having mild contractions for about the past week.

HOW long can you go with mild contractions, sometimes every 3-5 min and NOT do anything to your cervix? When will real labor kick in?

My baby is in a unstable lie. It is constantly found in different positions each time I go see the midwife. A week ago today was about the first time I started feeling these contractions and the baby was head down. Midwife stripped my membranes at that time and baby started to descend down the path, got to almost 2 cm with a small bulging bag. Went home and it all about stopped. Since then, the mild ctx's have continued at different times, but my cervix has progressively closed up to a tight fingertip. Monday, baby was transverse/breech. Today, went for AFI, baby was head down. Went for walk per midwife, came back 2 hours later and not head down. Went back for U/S (to complete AFI-jumped off the table when I learned head was down) and baby was transverse with head in my left side, butt in my right!

What is going on? New plan is to just wait and see when labor really starts-what position this baby will be in. Midwife and supervising MD do not do vaginal breech births. Got a referral from chiropractor for a MD who does vag breech birth- going to see him tomorrow for consult just in case.

I have heard that third babies can be unpredictable but this is JUST ridiculous!!! My midwife has said she has never seen a baby move like this, this late in 30 years.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#75 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 AM

Started getting some mild ctx at around 1 am, but they were 20+ min apart, enough to sort of wake me up but that's it.

Around 4 they moved to every 5 minutes (ish? I don't have a time device in my bedroom) and lasting 60 seconds long. I DEFINITELY need to "breathe" through them- or wiggle my hips, grit my teeth, etc.

Came downstairs to look up DH's work number ot tell him, "this is maybe it, you should come home and rest while you can" since he's totally exhausted, but then I waited 15 min for another ctx. It was pretty intense, but only 45 seconds long. The dog thought me bouncing on the ball was HILARIOUS though.

Hrmmmmmm. I might call him anyway. It'd be nice if one of us was rested.

I could see morning and DD waking up stopping everything, though. Not sure how to do this if both DH and I are completely exhausted from being awake all night (since I didn't fall asleep until after 1 am, and then haven't slept at all really from 3:30 am on.

#76 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post

HOW long can you go with mild contractions, sometimes every 3-5 min and NOT do anything to your cervix? When will real labor kick in?

My baby is in a unstable lie. It is constantly found in different positions each time I go see the midwife. A week ago today was about the first time I started feeling these contractions and the baby was head down. Midwife stripped my membranes at that time and baby started to descend down the path, got to almost 2 cm with a small bulging bag. Went home and it all about stopped. Since then, the mild ctx's have continued at different times, but my cervix has progressively closed up to a tight fingertip. Monday, baby was transverse/breech. Today, went for AFI, baby was head down. Went for walk per midwife, came back 2 hours later and not head down. Went back for U/S (to complete AFI-jumped off the table when I learned head was down) and baby was transverse with head in my left side, butt in my right!

What is going on? New plan is to just wait and see when labor really starts-what position this baby will be in. Midwife and supervising MD do not do vaginal breech births. Got a referral from chiropractor for a MD who does vag breech birth- going to see him tomorrow for consult just in case.

I have heard that third babies can be unpredictable but this is JUST ridiculous!!! My midwife has said she has never seen a baby move like this, this late in 30 years.
Bind that belly!

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble, I can't imagine how stressful that'd be. At least you found someone who might attend a breech birth!

#77 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 AM

I am 41+3 now, the same as when my son was born (after being in mild-to-active labor since 41+1), but nothing concrete here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
for those who have done the walking thing to get themselves to go into labor, how much walking did you do?
I am just walking instead of taking the bus around town. Our town is pretty small, so that's practical. I walked about a mile to my MW appt yesterday, then about 2.5 miles from there to get my LO from preschool. I get contractions when I am walking, but hardly anything when I am home or just pottering around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
... I'm ready, DH is ready, kids are ready, EVERYONE is ready but baby...

This is us, too. My sister flew here to be with us for the birth, and we've all been waiting waiting waiting. She has to go home on Wednesday next week. We are all ready, even my LO keeps saying, "Please come out soon, baby." I think we were very prepared for my first pregnancy to last 41-42 weeks, because first babies are late, right? But now we are totally in a waiting funk, having expected this one to come earlier than the first one. Baby not cooperating, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post

I know that contractions can do a lot of work moving a baby into a good position before they start dilating your cervix. I have been having mild contractions off and on for a week or more, too, but I can't even find my cervix, which tells me it's still high and I am not about to go into active labor soon.

I would really like this baby to come this weekend. Last weekend, I thought the full moon was a long way off and too long to wait... I am moving the goal posts now and just not wanting to have to wait until February!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#78 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 AM

I guess I'm glad to have a completely miserable horrible painful cold in last days of pregnancy rather than first days of baby.

I agree, mymary, why not bind your belly next time the baby flips head down?

Astraia, your contractions sound exactly like mine. The ones I was having a couple days ago I mean. Hope yours are turning into real labor though!
#79 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm thinking this weekend would be perfect to have a baby...full moon, possible ice and lots of rain...makes for a great birthing weekend

Baby cooperate with me here--

#80 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 12:21 PM

just want all you mamas and mamas to be to know that I'm rooting for all of you I hope all the celestial and climactic events this weekend help allsy'alls babies OUT! c'mon kids!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#81 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 12:48 PM

Astraia- yesterday when I learned that the baby was head down, I had 2 binders on! And I did nothing to lay down or anything, just upright walking! And it turned sideways. I have literally put my hands around my uterus and tried to stop it from moving before by doing like a vice grip or something and I can feel its strength-its like its a toddler!!!!!!

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#82 of 82 Old 01-29-2010, 01:29 PM

oh my gosh, that must be so frustrating! I don't have any advice, other than, when I was really frustrated by mine turning posterior a couple of times, I decided to just surrender and whatever happened, happened, because it was making me so crazy and upset. He has stayed LOT since. LOA would be better, but he really likes LOT and whenever I try hard to move him he turns the wrong way...

sometimes I try and shove his feet backward into my belly, since I can't push his side through my back...he's super strong too! I think, how can he be this strong but he won't be able to even roll himself over for 4 more months!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page