Bring it on home -- END OF JAN 2010 chat thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 82 Old 01-23-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think with 8 pages and 147 posts, our "part 2" thread is becoming a bit ungainly! Let's start fresh! Sounds like indigoscot's dp is at long last in labor and they will avoid that unwanted induction. Wooo!! We're waiting to hear about happiestever's labor progress and are hoping that no news is good news. ~Christina~ just announced the birth of a daughter, and patagonia had a little boy.

What's happening with everyone else? I have lost mucus plug 4 times and have increased discharge this morning. Prenatal this afternoon, so maybe a stretch/sweep then because I SERIOUSLY. WANT. TO. HAVE. THIS. BABY.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 82 Old 01-23-2010, 04:30 PM

Nothing is going on in my uterus...just hanging out with the rainy weather & trying to motivate myself to move off the computer to get stuff done.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#3 of 82 Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
Nothing is going on in my uterus...just hanging out with the rainy weather & trying to motivate myself to move off the computer to get stuff done.

Yeah, same... well, except it's sunny AND warm (how weird is that? Normally sun = frigid) and I just went mall-walking so DD would stop clinging to me and wailing and it worked. She's really snotty and coughing at HOME but the second we go out she looks like the healthiest kid ever. I'm baffled.

Soon I'm going to pick up DH and we're going to go get Ethopian for an early dinner. I've been whining about how I still haven't had this baby so he decided we need spicy food for tonight.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#4 of 82 Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM

Not much going on here. I have been getting out with my dog every day this week to walk and try and get things going. 39 weeks today, so this is officially my longest of the 3 pregnancies. I want to see this sweet little girl! Getting some BH contrax, but nothing regular yet. Warm here today (70s out!), but cloudy. Next weekend is a full moon and my due date...maybe I will be lucky then or (hopefully) before then!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#5 of 82 Old 01-23-2010, 06:08 PM

Stayed out really late last night and then had a long walk home with sweet husband. After getting into bed at about 1:00am, I started having really intense contractions.. nothing painful but bigger and longer than anything i've had previously and they just kept coming, one right after another. I started to get really really excited and I actually said to my husband, "I think this is it." I remember lying there thinking: I am soo excited. oh my god. it's happening. I don't think I can sleep I am so excited.
...and that's the last thing I remember. I woke up this morning, thinking "what? no baby?" so... i guess that's NOT what the beginning stages of labor feel like.

So excited to hear about HappiestEver and Indigoscot's partner. I love that there has been a new birth story on here every day I log on. Keep them coming!!

Sending everyone good vibes!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#6 of 82 Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 PM

Feeling different here, but not really like I am going into labor. Of course I had zero signs with my son so I'm not expecting much. The family phone calls are getting a bit ludicrous eg my mom saying "I really need you to have Sprout in January because I have a very important meeting Feb. 3rd" of course I laughed at her, but then last night my grandpa called from CA at 10:30 pm (which is very unusual) and said "since you aren't answering you must be at the hospital, just remember to call me and tell me if it was a boy or girl and how much it weighed" !!!!! Nevermind that we are having a homebirth and my due date was yesterday.
On the plus side I went for a great walk with my 3.5yo DS and two great girlfriends today so life is pretty good- oh and my nursing bras and a new pair of black stretch pants arrived yesterday, now I can really have this babe!

Good luck everyone, I'm sending happy baby and birthing vibes out into the universe for all of you,
Sarah
#7 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
So, my EDD was yesterday too, and nothing going on here. I went for two nice walks today, as the sun has finally come out after a week of rain, and we just tried dtd to get things going since the kids are gone for a couple of hours, but nothing so far. Ugh. Dh stayed home for the weekend (his regular days off are Monday/Tues) and is hoping not to have to go back at all for a couple of weeks....

Right now, my plan for tomorrow is to do more nothing and go for another walk while the sun is nice and warm. I am also no longer answering the phone!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#8 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 12:10 AM

I'm going to bed now (at 9 pm.... whatever ) and DH said, "I feel like we ought to have sex now... but I don't want to. Is it OK if we don't?"

Hahaha. He's almost as anxious as I am. I really DON'T want to DTD though, I want to sleep. I haven't initiated at all so I like how he's asking me for permission, lol.

And again- NO labour signs. Tonight will NOT be the night. I think this kid plans to stay in there FOREVER <big melodramatic sigh>

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#9 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 12:20 AM

Today I'm officially 41/40 (but too depressed to change my siggie!) and I spent all day chasing down black and blue cohash. I'm happy to report that just BUYING them caused contractions to start. Fingers crossed that 1/23 is my night!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#10 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 01:41 AM

My EDD is still 4 days away and I don't really feel like anything is going on in there. I've had BH contractions throughout this pregnancy and they've continued but they haven't increased much in frequency or intensity.

My parents arrive tomorrow and we're planning to run a bunch of errands and then go out for sushi. I'm also trying to find a VERY last-minute doula for support because although I'm using the Midwives over at UCLA (and have heard very good things about them) this is my first and I don't think either my dh or my mom will be able to really give me the support and guidance that I need to get through this naturally. So I still have to make some phone calls about that on Monday.

I'm hoping that my body and the baby somehow realize that I'm not done with my to-do list yet and that as soon as I finish it up things will start hopping in there. I'm fine with going over my EDD, but my dad flies back to West Virginia on February 7th and I'd really like him to meet the little lady. So hopefully she'll come before then!

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#11 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 01:58 AM

Well, long story...

Tuesday learned that baby had flipped back breech at 39.2 weeks. Wed went to chiro AGAIN and got Webstered. Thurs went back to midwife to get checked because was having a little increased mucus and a little change in my BH. Head was down AGAIN and I said"lets get her out before she changes AGAIN!" Midwife said we could sweep membranes, I could do castor oil, sex, all that good stuff. I ended up getting membranes swept and walking in the mall and coming back after 4 hours. Checked again and 1.5 cm dilated, 20-40 percent effaced with a little bulging bag. I was having lots of sharp pain on my front low. Baby coming down.

Went home after that and midwife said, "your gonna have a baby tonight". I said are you sure?

Here I am Sat night and lost a lot of my mucus plug tinged with blood today, BH mild strength about every 30-45 min. Nothing excessive. Back pain, but most of all I am SOOOO tired. I never knew how exhaustive this can be. The ups, the downs, the anxiety. You get excited and then nothing.

Just waiting. Feel free to guess when it really will happen. This is my third baby.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#12 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymary View Post
.... midwife said, "your gonna have a baby tonight". I said are you sure?

Here I am Sat night and lost a lot of my mucus plug tinged with blood today, BH mild strength about every 30-45 min. Nothing excessive. Back pain, but most of all I am SOOOO tired. I never knew how exhaustive this can be. The ups, the downs, the anxiety. You get excited and then nothing.

Just waiting. Feel free to guess when it really will happen. This is my third baby.
yes. I am also REALLY tired! Lost my mucus plug over a week ago and haven't even had anything to make me excited since then. Feel free to guess mine, too!

#13 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of promising signs last night that all disappeared. Why did I even allow myself to get my hopes up? 40+4 here.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#14 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM

Was wondering if last night would be the start of things, I had some clear liquid leak but it really could have been PEE! I am not sure, I was in bed and rolled over and with all the pressure on my bladder I am thinking it may have just been pee (insert blushing smilie icon here!). Did have some mild contractions last night but stopped after about 30 minutes. Then fell asleep and woke up with nothin' doin' this morning...

My EDD is Tues, Jan 26th, so not trying any natural induction methods yet, and because I am not sure if I leaked pee or amniotic fluid last night, no hanky panky just to be safe. Might start taking cohosh (sp?) tincture on Monday.

Will go for a walk later!

Thinking of you all too!
#15 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 PM

So I googled the longest pregnancy ever and it appears it was 53 weeks. LOL

I have been really at peace with being "overdue" but going over 41w and rounding the bases to the 42w mark is really starting to wear on me. And I'm really tired of people giving their predictions like, I bet you won't go past x day. I think this boy has to be a show off and prove them all wrong. Yesterday someone told me, "not very many people make it to 42w so I bet you'll have him before then" and I was thinking Noooooooooooooo! Don't say that because now I will go to 42 or more.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
#16 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytonPlace View Post
Yesterday someone told me, "not very many people make it to 42w so I bet you'll have him before then" and I was thinking Noooooooooooooo! Don't say that because now I will go to 42 or more.
Yes, I'm certain that everyone and their dog swearing up and down that the baby would get here LAST weekend totally jinxed me!! For my online baby pool, the guesses jump from Jan 18 to Jan 31, and the person who picked the 31 is likely to be closest, which would have horrified me to know a few weeks/months ago.

I don't think this baby is showing off... in fact I feel like he/she must be quite reserved... but I do wonder what he's waiting for. This baby is taking up soooo much space, has dropped soooo low, I have every possible sign that I'm in the very final days of pregnancy... what's the difference between tonight and two days from now? How does this really work??

I have plans to get out of the house later today with DD but every time I make plans I just really want a GREAT REASON not to go!

#17 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Vancouvercat...we share the same due date 1/26!

I thought this baby would be here a few weeks ago...guess not. I am trying to stay peaceful & calm, but I really really want to meet this baby. I totally know s/he isn't ready yet & s/he will be here when the time is right. BUT I WANT TO MEET MY BABY!!!

I went 40w 5 with my first, so maybe this one will be the same. I really don't want this baby to share a birthday with my almost middle son (2/2), but it is slowly becoming a reality. It will be fine if it happens, but come on baby...we are all ready to meet you!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#18 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 PM

due date is TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's have a party, but instead I just feel stressed. Probably has a LOT to do with living at my MOMS house for the past 4 days due to BIG storm and snow/icy conditions at my house in the mountains. Guess they thought it would be safer for me to get out. I dont know why that really matters, most of moms on here live in the coldest/snowiest/iciest places in the US and they seem to have their babies.

Tomorrow, my midwife will check me again and see where I'm at. She said I was going to have a baby 3 nights ago with the way my cervix was reacting after a membrane sweep. She wants me to take castor oil in the am. Not really sure about that one.

Any thoughts....I have been having on and off contractions since last Wed night that feel like more than BH, they obviously got something started. Went from closed and long to 1.5 cm and a small bulging bag. I have passed mucus plug and had some bloody show.

Going to have sex now. Goodbye.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#19 of 82 Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 PM

good luck with the sex! That has done nothing for me all week, or last night, except raise my hopes up only to wake up JUST.FINE in the morning. blech. I think I am done with that one. Poor dh is such a good sport. I ran errands by myself today, went to Costco and Babies R Us, and now I'm just pooped. My MIL offered to get me some castor oil, but my insticts tell me that's a bad idea, I'm just not that desperate yet. My lower ab/groin muscles are all sore today from all the walking and dtd yesterday.......*sigh*

This baby is getting too close to my birthday (1/29), and I don't want to share! He's supposed to be born when I am 26, not 27!!!

#20 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 12:19 AM

I'm not going to bother with castor oil or cohashes unless A. my water breaks or B. I'm starting to wonder about induction being necessary.

I've heard a few stories of people who did x, y, or z to "get things moving" and things moved... but then they had long, weird, semi non-progressive labours so their bodies were ready enough to start but not ready enough to really get up and go.

Makes me just nervous enough that I'm not going to bother unless I start to feel like it's necessary, y'know?

Sex.... I'm losing interest. Heh, I've never really HAD interest but I've been doing a good job of faking it the last week. I think I'm just too tired, though, these last couple of days.

I'm doing some new stuff with DD to help combat her cold since nothing else seems to be working, so i'm hoping she'll sleep a bit better today. We're going on day 3 of horribly interrupted nights and day 4 of no naps- she needs to sleep!! (We did vicks on her feet, covered with cotton socks, cammomile tea w/ honey as a before-bed drink, and a warm rice sock in bed with her).

#21 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

I had a great Iowa midwifery meeting today and got some acupressure and massage. One of the midwives strongly suggested nipple stim, so I'm doing some of that tonight. Whatever, I don't think this baby is ever coming, but it gives me something to do...

#22 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
I had a great Iowa midwifery meeting today and got some acupressure and massage. One of the midwives strongly suggested nipple stim, so I'm doing some of that tonight. Whatever, I don't think this baby is ever coming, but it gives me something to do...
Completely spaced this meeting 'till just a bit ago.

Anyway, I logged on to see how you were doing. I'm thinking of ya! Soon. I feel it! Maybe this new weather moving in will bring baby out

Samantha, Student, wife to my best friend (1.30.09) Mama to three beautiful daughters and and a handsome little son
#23 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 01:42 AM

to all the waiting mamas, especially the "overdue" ones....

sigh. waiting totally sucks.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#24 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 AM

Mymary, I can't believe your midwife would want you to try castor oil just one day after your due date!!

As far as the whole "due date" thing, has anyone seen this study:

http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Health...rimester-.html

Hopefully it might make some of us "overdue" ones feel better, not worse. i think it's always better to think you'll go longer than you actually do.

I'm getting lots of intense braxton hicks, especially in the evenings. I can feel my cervix being affected by them, but they are never regular and always eventually peter out. I've woken up the last few mornings a little surprised.. "what? no baby?" <peers underneath covers>

Sending everyone either labor vibes or patience vibes!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#25 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 AM

Astraia, I hope your LO is feeling better.

mymary, hope your baby stays head down and comes soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmamma View Post
...Next weekend is a full moon and my due date...maybe I will be lucky then or (hopefully) before then!
I noticed the half moon when we were out yesterday afternoon. I Do Not Want to wait until next weekend. I am already 40+6. DS was born at 41+3, and I was so sure this baby would come before that...

I love reading all the birth announcements and seeing photos. Sigh. But I want my baby, too. Whine whine whine.

OK, it's 5:30 in the morning... Blood sugar needs satisfied. I should get some more sleep before my DS gets up for the day.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#26 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe View Post
OK, it's 5:30 in the morning... Blood sugar needs satisfied. I should get some more sleep before my DS gets up for the day.
I wake up about 5:30am most days, too, just because I have to pee and then I am STARVING!

I guess I should go to bed now. It's late, dh is snoozing on the couch, and I am clearly not having a baby tonight.

Onward to another day......

#27 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 09:56 AM

Yep... I am up early too...

DH leaves for work just before 6am and I woke up with him this morning... he was really hoping that I would ask him to stay because he was really not wanting to go back to work after the weekend... he is getting tired of all the questions from co-workers...

I had tons of contrax on Friday night, regular and strong, but they fizzled out at around midnight and then just tons of BH the rest of the weekend... I hate prodromal labour!! I had 3-4 weeks of it with DS#1 and #3 and it is just so tiring... but it makes me have the feeling that this babe will come at 42 weeks like them...

of course then I get visions of the whole pregnancy just being a figure of my imagination or that I just have a big tumour that moves or something...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#28 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM

Well, DD slept for 2 4-hour stretches! That's impressive, and I'll take it. I, of course, didn't fall asleep for more than 2 hours after I went to bed (heartburn, naseau, can't get comfy, finally get comfy then I need to pee, the baby decides to have a dance party, etc). Then I got up every couple of hours to pee.

It does seem that one night of decent sleep made her cough move deeper into her chest, so she's not coughing stuff up she's just rattling. Less good.

I have decided to be zen while waiting for baby. I'm not in pain, so that's something to be thankful for. DD is sick and needs me right now. I'm going to enjoy spending time with her and enjoy what will very likely be my last pregnancy. Time to stop whining.

There. Now we'll see how long i stick to this resolution Anyone have a stopwatch? lol

#29 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitsndaisies View Post
Completely spaced this meeting 'till just a bit ago.

Anyway, I logged on to see how you were doing. I'm thinking of ya! Soon. I feel it! Maybe this new weather moving in will bring baby out
Aw, I wish you'd have been there so I could have met you! There will be another meeting in Feb although it might be in Iowa City. We're trying to mix up locations.

#30 of 82 Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Astraia, I hope she gets over her cold soon!

I'm still here at 39w2d. Next appointment is tomorrow. Hoping something will happen soon!!!!

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page