It's February: Anyone Else Still Pregnant? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwit View Post
mymary- you are so encouraging. I still am having trouble believing I'm gonna make it to the other side- without going to the hospital for an induction. I'm planning a homebirth but am only comfortable going to 42 weeks and I'm 41w1day today. I still have 6 more days which I guess is a lot because each day it gets more possible than the day before. . . anyway thanks for sharing that the anxiety and depression about it are all gonna melt away cause I feel pretty crappy right now!!!! I really had in my mind that 3rd babies came sooner than their siblings and just fell right out. . .
Yeah, thats what everybody says.... "OH, its just gonna fall out, theres nothing holding it back" That gets rude and I see its not true. This third baby of mine was 10 days past my EDD just like my first baby. He was perfect they said though. Looked like he was JUST ON TIME. All I can see is that his hands and feet look a little water logged, like he's been in the bath for a little long. But I guess he has been in a bath tub for a while!!!!!!

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

What are all of you mamas doing to stay positive? I never expected how bummed I'd feel less than a week past my guess date. I'm doing hypnobabies, so I've been listening to my affirmations. Even though I don't want the baby to come out necessarily, I did order the "Come Out, Baby" CD she offers. Someone told me that it would help me keep positive about the pregnancy as I get further away from my date. Reaffirming that the baby will come soon, releasing fears, etc... It's helped some. Still, I'm still struggling to stay upbeat and confident. I'd love to know what's working for all of you.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder View Post
. Well, even though I'm trying to keep busy, that decision has given me too many days with nothing to do but sit at home and wait.Plus, I never want an EDD at the end of the month again. It seems worst to have an EDD in the previous month, even if I'm still really not that far past my EDD.I just keep telling myself that I will meet my baby soon.
Two of my 3 babies have been due at the end of the month...one went in the middle, the other just before the EDD...this one, well, we are still waiting.

Quote:
I really had in my mind that 3rd babies came sooner than their siblings and just fell right out. . .
I think alot of us that are waiting feel this way...it is a BIG LIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_mama View Post
41+4 here. On the bright side I'm feeling ok - swelling and nausea have decreased. And the moms group at church that is coordinating meals for new moms is bugging me every day about when to start bringing them.
I am glad that you are starting to feel better That makes such a big difference!! I finally posted on to my friends that I would contact them if I went into labor & that I would update as I feel necessary. I don't need that extra stress of hounding right now.

I am doing SOOOO much better this week than last. I finally figured out I can't control this labor nor the birth, so I just have to pull myself together & wait for this little babe to make the calls. Just like parenting a newborn. My schedule becomes theirs

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:36 PM

I went to Labor and Delivery last night after 1 1/2 hours of contractions that were 3-8 minutes apart and decreased fetal movement. He, of course, perked up as soon as I got on the monitor, and at least my contractions didn't stop as soon as they hooked me up. But they were not consistently long enough or strong enough to be doing much, although my cervix did change position (favorably) while I was there.

I now have a Monday induction date. They would have been willing to have me stay and do an induction last night or today, but my OB's schedule is very unusual today--she has four scheduled c-sections, which never happens in this small town (where she's the only OB). I wouldn't have considered an induction four days ago, but I really hit my breaking point. Plus, my pattern is looking a lot like last time, and it was clear that my first son needed help getting out.

Of course having the deadline means that my contractions immediately increased in intensity and some of them in length. So I could very well end up back there in the midst of the craziness. I'm already wondering about how the rooms will work out. Our ward has 4 labor-delivery-postpartum-recovery rooms and 4 postpartum-recovery rooms. There was at least one other person there last night. As long as I can hold out a little longer, I figure I'll displace one of the c-sections from an LDPR room.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldavi View Post
I'm still pregnant. I'm only 40weeks 4 days, but like a couple other people I was so sure I was going early. Plus, this is my third baby and I've never made it to my due date before.
That's me exactly. We were all so sure I'd go early for the third time that even though I'm only five days past my "due date" it feels like forever.

<whine>
Plus I've been nauseous the entire pregnancy and I kept telling myself that February would be my puke-free month. Ha. I'm just so done with that part of it.

I feel whiny and spoiled since after all, it can't be that much longer no matter what, right? But I want the baby to come out! Now! And I hardly even have any BH.

Sigh.
</whine>
Old 02-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldavi View Post
I'm still pregnant. I'm only 40weeks 4 days, but like a couple other people I was so sure I was going early. Plus, this is my third baby and I've never made it to my due date before.
That's me exactly. We were all so sure I'd go early for the third time that even though I'm only five days past my "due date" it feels like forever.

<whine>
Plus I've been nauseous the entire pregnancy and I kept telling myself that February would be my puke-free month. Ha. I'm just so done with that part of it.

I feel whiny and spoiled since after all, it can't be that much longer no matter what, right? But I want the baby to come out! Now! And I hardly even have any BH.

Sigh.
</whine>
Old 02-05-2010, 08:00 PM

I have had some lower cramping all day and my back aches Never thought I would be happy about that!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 PM

me too! EDD 01/24 = 41+5 pregnant forever! This thread feels like an oasis in the desert! No, I'm not upset for other births, I'm patiently waiting for my son. I just feel lonely in the forum in such a crucial moment of the pregnancy. Being overdue is tough: Lots of emotions and decisions.

Thanks Gray's Mommy for the link you posted... very informative, supportive and !

I'm fighting for the right to bring little Inácio to this world vaginal and naturally!!! But due to being overdue and a Vbac, It may not happen. But I'm really appreciative of just having my little son, however it will be.

But... Labor vibes please!!! And for you too!!!

Married toguitar.gifstillheart.gif, Mom to angel.gif 02/00, DSrainbow1284.gif blahblah.gif 02/10,  babyboy.gifpos.gif 02/13 and cat.gif07/96 delayedvax.gifgd.gifsigncirc1.giffly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gif

Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflower View Post
me too! EDD 01/24 = 41+5 pregnant forever! But due to being overdue and a Vbac, It may not happen.
I'm also a VBAC, same EDD as you. I've tried just about everything. Homebirth midwives are still confident I'll go this weekend. They will sweep my membranes next week. I've tried to get info about OB's/Hospitals that will induce an overdue vbac instead of a c-section, but haven't had much luck getting info.

Amy - mama to dd 2/2007 and ds who arrived 2/2010 my VBAC
                  Comfy Cozy Diapers
Newborn Rentals, Military Discount, Free Layaway

14 Day Guarantee - Return diapers if you don't like them

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I'm also a VBAC, same EDD as you. I've tried just about everything. Homebirth midwives are still confident I'll go this weekend. They will sweep my membranes next week. I've tried to get info about OB's/Hospitals that will induce an overdue vbac instead of a c-section, but haven't had much luck getting info.

I've had a few birth doula clients who were induced with pitocin & vbac'd at hospitals. They just can't exceed the limit (12ml if I remember right) and you have to have constant monitoring to make sure uterine safety. Good birthing vibes for your VBAC

Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:

just wanted to say i had the same edd as you, had two girls and ended up with a boy this time too. perfect.

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM

ccmama is it just you and me? Sigh. . . hope our kids want to come out for the super bowl!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
ccmama is it just you and me? Sigh. . . hope our kids want to come out for the super bowl!
I'm still here...praying for this baby to come out before 43 weeks

Old 02-07-2010, 01:18 PM

I'm here too, though I have an induction scheduled for tomorrow. I continue to have contractions that have increased in length and strength, but absolutely no pattern--so I'm mostly trying to ignore them or just pause for a short time. I quit timing them since even when I had a period of 3-8 minutes apart, they weren't doing enough to count. The non-patterning has been very reminiscent of my first labor, although my water hasn't broken and I've had these for over 3 weeks now.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Forgot about the super bowl....I just want to hide in bed today, but that certainly wouldn't help this lo come out.

Hope at least somebody here has their baby today.

Comfy Cozy Diapers

Old 02-07-2010, 02:27 PM

Just read the weather report - up to 14 inches of snow. Everytime we are predicted to have a storm I get hopeful

In-laws are coming today to 'help' since my mom had to leave. I asked DH to tell them not to come yet, but he didn't. Unlike my mom who will just jump in and help do stuff, they are very much like DH and will only do what they are specifically asked. So much for decreasing my stress. Maybe the roads will get bad before they leave for our house.

And really who wants their father in law around while they are birthing!!

Comfy Cozy Diapers

Old 02-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
In-laws are coming today to 'help' since my mom had to leave. I asked DH to tell them not to come yet, but he didn't. Unlike my mom who will just jump in and help do stuff, they are very much like DH and will only do what they are specifically asked. So much for decreasing my stress. Maybe the roads will get bad before they leave for our house.
We've got the flip here. My in-laws are wonderful (part of why we live under an hour from them) and my family is not at all helpful--they generally increase our workload. I very specifically told them that it would be great if they came at about 8 weeks, close to our first son's birthday. At least they're listening to me on that so far!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:15 PM

So how much DTD are you all doing to help things along?? I am shooting for every other night at this point. DH fell asleep before we could last night. I'm 42 weeks Tuesday & will have a BPP/NST on Wed. or Thursday at the latest. Kinda stressing about that since it is out of pocket & we are SOOOOO broke right now. Stopping my job, ummm, now almost 4 weeks early, killed us financially.

I am seriously thinking about castor oil at this point...well, at least by late Thursday afternoon.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM

We stopped DTD to help things along - it just wasn't satisfying for either of us.

I didn't mind the castor oil - of course it didn't work either.

Good luck choosing what to do. I sure didn't expect it to be this emotional. How are you guys holding up?

Comfy Cozy Diapers

Old 02-08-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Good luck choosing what to do. I sure didn't expect it to be this emotional. How are you guys holding up?
Not sure if you are old enough, but I feel like Sybil (from the movie). One minute I a totally cool with waiting it out & the next minute I am wanting to go hide in my bed & cry. My midwife said that is totally normal. I've been talking to her alot these past few days. I never thought this pregnancy would be such an emotional rollercoaster.

User Tag List